• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there some links to this? I'll go look right now. I didn't think he straight out said he was a Nazi, or alt right sympathizer. Or even a racial genocide.

Thanks for giving me reasonable responses.

Someone's already responded to this I'm sure but he responded to JonTron's talk about a white ethnostate by saying we need to meet in the middle with him instead of disavowing him. Part of that I'm sure is of the selfishness of content creators not wanting anyone to get deplatformed...

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
13 pages and no Boogie saying "I'll learn something, he'll learn something and we'll meet in the middle" gif? I am disappointed ERA, that is one of his cringiest moments.

Boogie needs to read about Karl Popper's paradox of tolerance.

HcuZIT5w8xJLMXoISDexG1GNz5Dj7xHO_QGeueMtdPU.jpg

PS: Every fascist authoritarian has gained power through the silence of centrists like Boogie.

Oct 25, 2017
where doesn't he?
gay people need to wait for their rights, otherwise he blames them for what violent nazis do to gay people
MTG creators can't make cards with women and minorities because that makes the nazis harass people
A extreme far right fucker runs over someone with a car? Anita Saarkesian is to blame
Says the we have to find "the middle" when talking about a guy that thinks black people are genetically inferior
where the fuck doesn't he defend nazis?
Are you prepared for the "this doesn't sound like he's defending nazis" argument?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
And yet he's being friendly with Boogie, known pile of trash. Also just from a glance at his Twitter nothing on there makes him seem like one of the most progressive people in the industry. Even if you're limiting yourself to the Triple AAA space I wouldn't agree when you've got developers like Machine Games.
Or BioWare devs - just from following them, I know why too much about Edmonton politics.

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie is fine. He's not perfect but on most cases he's on your side, Era. He has many of the same ideals as the hivemind here, he just disagrees on how to achieve those ideals.

Stop calling him a piece of shit for not wanting to blatantly vilify others (what you call "choosing a side"). All I see in this thread is bullying. He hasn't said a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic from all the examples I've seen, people here are just hating on him because he chooses not to hate others no matter what their opinions are and believes in working with people on a personal level over time rather than shouting at their faces forcing them to comply with his ideals.

Boogie believes in the human spirit and has empathy for the human condition. We could all learn from him.

I hope to GOD you're trolling.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Go look at his Twitter. Find another game developer, especially of his profile, that regularly tweets and retweets stuff like that. Most devs i've seen very much try to avoid tweeting or retweeting anything political.
Tim Schafer took the piss out of Gamergate on stage while hosting GDC awards. We need more of that.
I didn't know Cory Barlog was besties with him, that's disappointing. Like when Neil Druckman tweeted about going to one of Notch's parties.
Wow, is this recent? Or before Notch became a douche? (or exposed himself as such)

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why people except Geoff to do something. Has he ever done anything regarding taking a stand on social issues?

Just because he cares about video games and produces marketing shows for them that doesn't indicate anything about who he is as a person. Has he done anything in the past to show he would care about what people like Boogie are doing?

He isn't an ally because he likes video games and you think he is kinda cool.

No, and Geoff Keighley likes to come out and tout how big gaming is and how much it's grown. Wanting to grow this into something big, something to really showcase the industry, wanting it to be inclusive. People gave Geoff Keighley a free pass because nobody knows where he stands politically, and that's fine. But now that he's taken a stand, regardless if he realizes he has or not, he's getting called out for it.

Geoff Keighley wants to showcase how inclusive and broad, how mature gaming has become with a ritzy spectacle. Yet showcases Gamergaters and a guy who wont stream with women. Like I've said before, maybe that's his intent, to show just how shit this industry actually is.

Gaming side has a hard time whenever anything political shows on in a thread. All this separate the art from the artist shit, a good, disgusting and recent example of this is people trying that shit during the inclusion of Kenshin in the new Jump game, who's creator is a convicted pedophile. And thankfully the mods have been good about weeding the shit out.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie has more actual influence and popularity than this entire forum. Unless he straight up posts some racist shit instead of hiding behind the both sides argument, Geoff would still want him to attend the show.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Between the GG gaf stuff and Anita he also defended Jon Tron by posting a video the day after Jon said "we shouldn't mix the gene pools" by saying he was being attacked for having a different opinion and "trying on a new hat, politically" and that we should all talk and meet in the middle.

When people called boogie out about the severity of Jon's comments he quickly followed up with another video saying he hadn't actually watched Jon's video and didn't agree with those comments. So he had time to read the outrage, think up a video, film, edit and upload it but not actually watch what the subject he was commenting about.

That's why he is hated here but there is more.

He also started dating a sex worker after his wife left him and the new gf came out saying he would emotionally bully her into saying at his house and looking after him, wouldn't let her do her sex work (even though that's how he met her) and when she would ask for money to live (since he wasn't allowing her to work) he would give her the bare minimum and make her feel bad about it.

He also told someone he was thinking about killing himself so they called the police to check on him and he proceeded to make a video where he was furious about them doing it because it interrupted a date and how he wasn't really gonna kill himself, then said not yet anyway, and basically was a real piece of shit to the person who was simply worried about him.

On top of this, from watching his live streams it seems he has a deep hatred of women, coming out with some seriously questionable comments that you wouldn't see on his usual videos. Such as "people say the clitorus doesn't have a hole but they just aren't trying hard enough. All you need is one of these *pulls out a scalpel*.

There was also a severely suspect comment where he said he didn't want to have kids because he was like his parents and didn't want to do to them what they did to him. In case you aren't aware he was physically and sexually abused by them so it made it sound like he was admitting he had the same issues.

I was a big fan of boogie and looked up to him with regards to his struggles with his upbringing and weight issues but its clear he is a manipulative, angry piece of shit who deserves no sympathy.
Quoting for visibility.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is that Battlefield V tweet? Fuck outta here with that shit homie.

For visibility

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Boogie is fine. He's not perfect but on most cases he's on your side, Era. He has many of the same ideals as the hivemind here, he just disagrees on how to achieve those ideals.

Stop calling him a piece of shit for not wanting to blatantly vilify others (what you call "choosing a side"). All I see in this thread is bullying. He hasn't said a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic from all the examples I've seen, people here are just hating on him because he chooses not to hate others no matter what their opinions are and believes in working with people on a personal level over time rather than shouting at their faces forcing them to comply with his ideals.

Boogie believes in the human spirit and has empathy for the human condition. We could all learn from him.

Yet he viliffied Anita Sarkeesian by saying the Charlotesville incident was her fault. The one were a neonazi killed a young activist girl.

He also vilified a cosplayer that was harrassed by a sexist MtG player.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

He has a lot of empathy for "the human condition" but not for actual humans who have to deal with oppression.

Choosing "not to hate others" isn't some path to a better world for everyone. It's apathy. It's not caring as long as it doesn't affect you personally. He doesn't "work with others on a personal level". Dude isn't doing outreach to bigots, he's just welcoming them without question. He's not making an effort to improve anything for anyone but himself. There's nothing to admire about him.

This is, of course, ignoring all the garbage he has, in fact, said himself.

Oct 25, 2017

Theses are all lies. You're a liar.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

He should stop speaking for the people he's an "ally" to and telling them how they should be achieving their goals, and instead shut up, listen to their experiences and use his platform to signal boost their message. Unless he doesn't give a shit about being an ally, in which case he should just do the first part.

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie has more actual influence and popularity than this entire forum. Unless he straight up posts some racist shit instead of hiding behind the both sides argument, Geoff would still want him to attend the show.

I mean that's what many of us are saying. This industry cares more about their influence than their views.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

The irony in this post....

Unless this is satire, in which case this is brilliant.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Yet he viliffied Anita Sarkeesian by saying the Charlotesville incident was her fault. The one were a neonazi killed a young activist girl.

Again, not saying he's perfect, although I'm not super familiar with those cases you've mentioned. My main point was that he's not a piece of shit for the tweets I've seen quoted in the thread so far.

Dec 9, 2017
The hell? Are we doing 6 Degrees of Separation Boogie edition? A whole lot of random people are catching strays in here.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

I want to pour acid on people who enable shits like Boogie. Clearly you disagree. Let's pour acid on only half their bodies. That should work out nicely for everyone.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Are you prepared for the "this doesn't sound like he's defending nazis" argument?
I can feel the pain. Already used to read "Jontron isn't racist, that was just bs" every now and then. But you know, apparently admit your fuck ups, reflect and apologizing is something really hard to do this days.

Oct 25, 2017

😂😂😂😂

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is a fucking terrible post my god

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is a shit stain. Not surprised though. I advise everyone to do what I'm going to do: Not waste 2 hours of your life on this garbage and just watch the trailers tomorrow on YouTube lol

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Quoting for visibility.

I don't agree with any of Boogies views and agree he has some seriously unhealthy behaviour, but are we really going to start blaming victims of child abuse for being damaged later in life?

Sounds like the dude needs to go to a therapist.

Shitty person with shitty behaviour that is that way because they were abused is a child isn't really that clean cut.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to tell that story, you should clarify a bit. He claimed that the whole Gamergate issue was so upsetting that he just couldn't talk about it and it made him want to kill himself.

Then he spend the next few months or so defending Gamergaters and having discussions with him. Apparently it's much better for his mental health while he's siding with misogynists, funny that.

That was part of it, but in the thread itself when he made the direct suicide threats that resulted in his banning and the rule of silence on talking about him ,it was directly towards the thread being against Gamergate, he was demanding we be nice to them.

Oct 26, 2017

He's a piece of shit.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

If you really examined the context, it would become abundantly clear that he doesn't believe Anita Sarkeesian literally caused the Charlottesville incident. Just that the incendiary attitude of some people further on the left is helping breed crazy reactionaries on the right. I think it's a deeply flawed perspective, but I do think it has been shown that the far right and the far left are helping polarization accelerate.

PowerTaxi

Oct 25, 2017
Between the GG gaf stuff and Anita he also defended Jon Tron by posting a video the day after Jon said "we shouldn't mix the gene pools" by saying he was being attacked for having a different opinion and "trying on a new hat, politically" and that we should all talk and meet in the middle.

When people called boogie out about the severity of Jon's comments he quickly followed up with another video saying he hadn't actually watched Jon's video and didn't agree with those comments. So he had time to read the outrage, think up a video, film, edit and upload it but not actually watch what the subject he was commenting about.

He also started dating a sex worker after his wife left him and the new gf came out saying he would emotionally bully her into saying at his house and looking after him, wouldn't let her do her sex work (even though that's how he met her) and when she would ask for money to live (since he wasn't allowing her to work) he would give her the bare minimum and make her feel bad about it.

He also told someone he was thinking about killing himself so they called the police to check on him and he proceeded to make a video where he was furious about them doing it because it interrupted a date and how he wasn't really gonna kill himself, then said not yet anyway, and basically was a real piece of shit to the person who was simply worried about him.

On top of this, from watching his live streams it seems he has a deep hatred of women, coming out with some seriously questionable comments that you wouldn't see on his usual videos. Such as "people say the clitorus doesn't have a hole but they just aren't trying hard enough. All you need is one of these *pulls out a scalpel*.

There was also a severely suspect comment where he said he didn't want to have kids because he was like his parents and didn't want to do to them what they did to him. In case you aren't aware he was physically and sexually abused by them so it made it sound like he was admitting he had the same issues.

I was a big fan of boogie and looked up to him with regards to his struggles with his upbringing and weight issues but its clear he is a manipulative, angry piece of shit who deserves no sympathy.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Again, not saying he's perfect, although I'm not super familiar with those cases you've mentioned. My main point was that he's not a piece of shit for the tweets I've seen quoted in the thread so far.
Read:

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watch the trailers when they upload it some where else, gaming is intimately linked to collaborators of white supremacists, Geoff knows he cant thrive without this people. He might have all the cool Hollywood guests, but Boogie is the one that will represent the true face of the game community.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He has a lot of empathy for "the human condition" but not for actual humans who have to deal with oppression.

Choosing "not to hate others" isn't some path to a better world for everyone. It's apathy. It's not caring as long as it doesn't affect you personally. He doesn't "work with others on a personal level". Dude isn't doing outreach to bigots, he's just welcoming them without question. He's not making an effort to improve anything for anyone but himself. There's nothing to admire about him.

This is, of course, ignoring all the garbage he has, in fact, said himself.

I wouldn't even go so far to say he has even that degree of empathy.

The maddest I've ever seen Boogie get is when Trump threatened video games. Not for anything Trump said about minorities or immigrants or Charlottesville - threatening games was the line in the sand for Boogie. There's no meeting in the middle when it comes to games - Boogie plays those.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Please show me the first one, because I have strong suspicions that you've intentionally warped what he is saying.
It has been linked multiple times in this thread. He literally said that the gay community should have waited 5 more years to get the right to marry so as to not piss off the homophobes as much.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And the tweets were he says homosexuals earning the right to vote is the reason why they are murdered by Nazi's and that homosexuals "should have waited 5 years"? How about the ones where he says the Halocaust is good because we got Anne Frank's diary? Or the other dozens of examples of his shittery?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
That's the "Boogie Cycle" say something incomprehensibly stupid and then show remorse and repeat

Yeah, last time I saw him saying something decent was IIRC when he said he planned on opening a new game? store which he was going to make sure which inclusive to the LGBTQ community as one of the top priorities/objectives of the location... I think later that day I think I saw this pop up:

luGTY2T.jpg

I don't know whats up with the guy. He seems to flop around the middle and then side mostly to one side and then gravitate a bit the other... most of the stuff obviously very contradictory, must be confusing keeping up with himself.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

He literally said the Holocaust wasnt all that bad. Are you fucking kidding me?

bergenbelsen3-56a48a8f5f9b58b7d0d77478.jpg

"It wasnt that bad!"

He also said in response that "blacks are dilluting the gene pool" that you need to listen that and meet in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.