• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
By the logic of this thread is someone is a shitty human being that excuse to act as shitty human beings in response. If you are better than him act like it.

It's actually very easy to act better than him, just don't say shit like there is a bright side to the holocaust.

No one is calling to brigade him, or harass his Twitter, we are having a closed discussion here about how shitty this public individuals politics are. If you think that is somehow hypocritical or going too far, I don't know how you wil make it through life.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does he not see his own BLATANT FUCKING HYPOCRISY RIGHT HERE
NwQ83Hk.png

"My pedophile dad didn't deserve to die from lung cancer."

"My ex died from lung cancer, haha, fuck her."

This guy does not function as a normal human being.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nicole's closing message before the thread was reopened was on point: we shouldn't give boogie a platform. Though if leaving the thread opened raises the chances of Geoff reconsidering inviting boogie next year, then sure. But will that be the case though?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow - just saw the video of Boogie talking down to his DEAD ex-girlfriend. That's something. But ultimately, unsurprising. He always came off as fake to me.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Between Boogie's defenders and Jaffe's, I'm amazed at how many people seem to be sweating bullets when they see someone asked to jump a bar that has been lowered past the Earth's mantle.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Nicole's closing message before the thread was reopened was on point: we shouldn't give boogie a platform. Though if leaving the thread opened raises the chances of Geoff reconsidering inviting boogie next year, then sure. But will that be the case though?

If it keeps some people from tuning in maybe it's worth it.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

People need to keep tagging Geoff so he has to address it whether its before or after the show.

Regardless, I know I won't be tuning in, I can watch the trailers the next day.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
Do you feel that he's afraid of offending Anita Sarkeesian when he blames her for Neo-Nazis killing a woman, and says he doesn't give a shit about her goalposts because he believes in the logical, sane middle?

Holy shit that video Triggered me. Where is the middle ground between a Nazi and not being a Nazi? Jesus fucking Christ!

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit that this thread was typical ERA exaggerated outrage to me, but after reading all those tweets in the last pages, whoa, the guy has mental issues.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
If TGAs wants to be the premier videogame show / event of the year it really needs to step up from elevating a bunch of internet goons who have a bunch of viewership already. They can do so much better.

retrocore9

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Boogie pissed me off this week when he did a video titled "I have an arcade in my house now" about the 1up arcades. A picture for the video showed the whole range of 1up arcades in his house. I'm thinking "wow he spent 300 a piece on those" I watch a few minutes of the video and its revealed he got them all for free. Well yeah Boogie, we'd all have arcades in our house if we got them for free.

And then I just saw his holocaust vid in this thread which made me want to puke. There are youtubers whose careers have been destroyed for far less then what boogie has gotten away with.

Oct 30, 2017
I really hate how consumer advocacy gets rolled into the same bin as trash like this when people speak of "Gamers". I really wish a clear divide would form but as things stand, I can either go to 4chan and deal with people with self respect as consumers who consider me sub-human and mentally damaged or I can come here surrounded by temporarilly embarrased AAA executives who believe that my humanity is a battle worth fighting for.

I really hope that people spam that chat log from the second tweet over social media during any time that Boogie is on camera.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

HOnestly even if that doesnt happen, I do think quite a few peoples eyes have been opened to how much of a horrible person Boogie is. And that makes it worth it in my opinion.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those who missed it (warning, NSFL):

That video is an okay recap on SOME things but deliberately leaves out some of the worst things he has said because the creator is literally another "both sides" centrist dipshit when you look into her content.

She says in another video that Antifa is literally worse than Nazis.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucked up and I almost wish I hadn't asked. Especially so because I really appreciate waypoint's liberal perspective on issues like this given how few outlets are that conscious of equality. Disappointing and pretty messed up.

Except that reply isn't really accurate. Austin is still a judge, to my knowledge, but as far as I know that's just people from different outlets sending in votes and not any actual involvement with the show's production. And they commentated over last year's awards without issue and have talked about Trending Gamers before.

People are getting into weird "journalists are corrupt for clicks" level nonsense when that's pretty damn sudden. If you don't hear anything in the podcast Friday/Monday, then ask about it, I guess. Till then, it's kinda weird to immediately assume they're specifically being quiet due to complicity instead of like... it just being the afternoon and they haven't had a platform to talk about it yet, if they've even seen it?

Interesting, my sister and I were also abused children and we severed our ties quite easily as adults. Trash is trash family or not.

And even if you have a complicated but positive relationship with your parents later in life, there's a difference between that and like... playing his sister's trauma for pity (which is not to discount any he suffered himself) and then acting shocked when people actually care about how it affected her.

i know you were banned, but this is usually your MO in every "provocative" thread and i'm not at all surprised you got what was coming to you.

There are several posters who have been sorta on the edge in this way for a long time that are really going all out for this thread and like... it's Boogie? You're all really gonna burn your accounts for Boogie? Really?

lol no.

I don't know how progressive or conservative many developers are, but as one of many who follow him on Twitter, anything political he likes is progressive.

As does Shawn Layden, actually.

Sure, and that's not a bad thing. But calling someone "one of the most progressive people in the industry" is pretty laughable if the evidence is "he openly likes and RTs anti-Trump tweets", when there are actually leftist devs and journalists, not to mention games with progressive/leftist/whatever messages. Like there's a pretty huge gap between "I think he voted for a Democrat" and "the most progressive person in the industry".

EDIT: please ignore the amount of times I said "like..." in this post, I'll post with more variety, I swear

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff consistently has no issue with nazi enablers being associated with him. Take that as you will, I suppose.

"Fuck actually nazis though" says the white guy accused of being a nazi who apparently gets to define what is or isn't one rather than the people who are actually under threat from people like him. How convenient, eh Boogie?

I have to admit that this thread was typical ERA exaggerated outrage to me, but after reading all those tweets in the last pages, whoa, the guy has mental issues.

So what you're saying is that "typical ERA outrage" around these issues is, as usual, absolutely correct. Good thing you're finally catching up!

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Between this and the Jaffe thread...

giphy.gif

*shows up with less than 200 posts* "Acktually if you and your hivemindera friends would stop being such SJWs for a second you can see validity to his points. But you wont, you just bully nazis and dog pile them for wishing death upon various minority groups. Dont stoop to his level, take the high road"

or

"idk who this is but im still watching anyways lmao!"

or some variation of separating the art from the artist and "how is this allowed? we just want to talk about the game. stop derailing with how the creator is a vile person"

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If you think boogie is just a well intentioned idiot or a clueless naive dolt you aren't paying attention.

This dude knows exactly what he is doing and you're falling for it

When people continue to display "ignorance" in the face of repeated attempts to educate them, it's best to assume that they're not just getting conned: the ideas behind the facade are exactly what they want.

yep it ain't a solo performance, it takes two to tango

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory false equivalence. Account still in junior phase.

Alt accounts gunning for the daily challenge.

Dude I browse everyday. I moved over from gaf when everything got stupid.

Stop trying to discredit members of this community if they simply disagree with you. I don't like boogie but simply put some of the comments here mirror comments I would read on extreme alt-right forums.

Oct 31, 2017

Yup, I always figured his whole, "I'm a nice guy who loves being in the middle," thing was an act. This is a really poor attempt to be funny at best.

On the whole, there are some people whose popularity just escape me in the world of video games. Then again, Tomi Lahren got popular off producing videos with little thought or substance behind them, so what do I know.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I don't know if it should be closed but I thought it was re-opened to discuss the role of the VGA's and maybe what they should or should not do in this situation. If it's just another shit on Boogie for his daily garbage tweets thread then not sure there is a point because I think the majority of people here already know how bad his opinions are.
Actually, I wouldn't know without this thread. So yeah, please keep this thread open.

Oct 31, 2017
Sure, and that's not a bad thing. But calling someone "one of the most progressive people in the industry" is pretty laughable if the evidence is "he openly likes and RTs anti-Trump tweets", when there are actually leftist devs and journalists, not to mention games with progressive/leftist/whatever messages. Like there's a pretty huge gap between "I think he voted for a Democrat" and "the most progressive person in the industry".

Can't disagree with you.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
HOnestly even if that doesnt happen, I do think quite a few peoples eyes have been opened to how much of a horrible person Boogie is. And that makes it worth it in my opinion.
Yeah, true. I was also reminded that such a thread serves as a good fly trap, so for that alone I would leave the thread open lol.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
16 posts since 2017 and you're gonna talk about the state of the forum? It's weird you refer to us as "they".

There are no points here, there is just discussion, and not everything you disagree with is snark.

My apologies, I didn't mean literal points. I'll come ask you next time I need to know if something is snark.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude I browse everyday. I moved over from gaf when everything got stupid.

Stop trying to discredit members of this community if they simply disagree with you. I don't like boogie but simply put some of the comments here mirror comments I would read on extreme alt-right forums.

What? There is agreeing or disagreeing that The Last of Us is a 6 or a 9.8. There's no case for "Actually, this nazi isn't such a bad guy" in terms of "simply disagreeing". And it say more about you that you read extreme alt-right forums.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
yes that is very much the point
People have said this already but it's always worth repeating, ignoring these people doesn't just make them go away.
I don't know if it should be closed but I thought it was re-opened to discuss the role of the VGA's and maybe what they should or should not do in this situation. If it's just another shit on Boogie for his daily garbage tweets thread then not sure there is a point because I think the majority of people here already know how bad his opinions are.
Boogie's behaviour is tied into that though, pulling up all the dumb/disgusting stuff he's said just makes a stronger case for how absurd it is for him to be invited to TGA.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate how consumer advocacy gets rolled into the same bin as trash like this when people speak of "Gamers". I really wish a clear divide would form but as things stand, I can either go to 4chan and deal with people with self respect as consumers who consider me sub-human and mentally damaged or I can come here surrounded by temporarilly embarrased AAA executives who believe that my humanity is a battle worth fighting for.

I really hope that people spam that chat log from the second tweet over social media during any time that Boogie is on camera.

I think the bigger problem is when people conflate issues in gaming journalism with games they're hype for getting scores that are too low. Or when the people who want gaming to be taken seriously are suddenly outraged that people are actually taking gaming seriously, and so critiquing it like they'd critique anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.