Boogie2988 invited to the Game Awards (famous champion of 'both sides' in regards to white supremacy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Did not know he said these things or had such a bad rep lol.
I’d come across his videos time to time and he seemed like a good dude to watch whatever he was reviewing lol

Oct 28, 2017
how often are you on extreme alt right forums?
As often and I visit resetera, which means every day. I Read conservativesforum.com and I read it as a "know they enemy" approach that way when I meet alt-right in online or in the public I can poke holes in their logic and latest propoganda.

Oct 28, 2017
What a curious thread. Boogie is a notorious 'fence-sitter' but I've not seen any videos of his in which I've found him to be unpleasant to anyone. Could people just not watch his stuff if they don't like it? Personally, I rather like his content, though I haven't watched it all.
Another one

Oct 23, 2018
I hope people aren't surprised that Boogie was invited. It's not like the industry is progressive. Most people probably don't give a shit or agree with his both sides stance. This forum is an outlier.

No, not always, I've seen a lot of bans for the most ridiculous reasons, I mean, there's is a reason of why almost all the internet thinks that this place is toxic and the reason is not always that they're nazis or alt right, hell, I'm from Chile and all the gaming circles I know barely tolerate this place.
Of course gamers dislike this place. Most gamers suck.

Ban me if racist against gamers.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
That is most CERTAINLY a controversial statement. Nazi science in general made foundational contributions to the modern scientific world, that's not in doubt, but very little of the data generated in the concentration camps was rigorous enough to be useful. Mengele himself was a notorious hack scientist whose only worthwhile contribution while working in Auschwitz was harvesting organs for study from the dead and shipping them to actual professionals with consistent recordkeeping and methodology.
Perhaps I was mistaken then about the source of that contribution. I guess I had heard enough times that "we don't like where this discovery came from, but it was important" that I had associated a lot of it with Mengele.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure when people say the Holocaust had some good come out it, it's more "The Holocaust was fine, Woody Allan made some cool films"

You know... really shallow

Oct 25, 2017
What a curious thread. Boogie is a notorious 'fence-sitter' but I've not seen any videos of his in which I've found him to be unpleasant to anyone. Could people just not watch his stuff if they don't like it? Personally, I rather like his content, though I haven't watched it all.
Whatever you do, don't actually read the thread or else you might accidentally start to understand things.

Nov 7, 2017
Strolling into a 25 page thread to say this is pretty incredible.

Take the time to read the thread and see what your guy has said, if you still love him after that, that is on you.

Dec 27, 2017
Is it a possiblity that Geoff and the Game Awards crew know the full extent of Boogie's statements but because of his huge popularity and Twitch presence they are inviting him anyway? I'm guessing they didn't know or look that deeply into it. They saw his popularity and considered him a big draw for the casual crowd.

Oct 28, 2017
Another what? Your meaning, please?
Comes into a thread in which multiple people have posted videos in question evidencing boogies racism, sexism, and support foralt right nazis, fein ignorance of these videos despite posting in the thread they're posted in. Its so fucking typical in these threads and its hilarious that that's the attempt people make to excuse this nonsense.

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff Keighley This true, Geoff? Please say it ain't so. Please don't be one of those white males who are relentlessly blind to the shit minorities go through.

Please?
I mean he keeps visiting this thread just from looking at his profile, he always knew.
This is the same guy that trended #FuckKonami due to their treatment of Kojima and yet hasn't (and won't) utter a word about Rockstar's inhumane treatment of their employees. He doesn't have the industry's best interest at heart. He's the same old doritos pope from years ago.

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's easy to stick your head in the sand about someone who downplays mass harassment campaigns, equivocates feminists with neo-nazis and goes to bat for their buddies being cool with pure-blooded ethno-states/repeating supremacist rhetoric/saying the n-word in a "heated gamer moment" when they do it through the veneer of a vulnerable nice guy schtick.

Nut the fuck up, Geoff Keighley.

Oct 27, 2017
Read through the thread and educate yourself, first of all. Second, and I can't believe I'm saying this one again; yeah, I'm sure that women and minorities would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to just ignore people who wish them ill will and even death. I guess I should just turn off the TV whenever I see a Nazi like Trump on it, and that way the problem will just go away. I just need to ignore the content! it's so easy! Why would I not speak up against Nazis?

As an ally to the LGBTQ+, women and people of color, I can't just ignore this shit. Even though, as a white as fuck male, I easily good. I cannot in good faith do that. Sorry. I care more about my brothers and sisters than fucking video games. As much as I would love for them to be welcomed into this hobby as much as I am.

If you can read through this thread and still "like his content", then you need to do some soul searching.

Oct 30, 2017
Is it a possiblity that Geoff and the Game Awards crew know the full extent of Boogie's statements but because of his huge popularity and Twitch presence they are inviting him anyway? I'm guessing they didn't know or look that deeply into it. They saw his popularity and considered him a big draw for the casual crowd.
There's no way Geoff doesn't know. There's no good interpretation of him choosing to invite him.

Oct 25, 2017
While true, your parents also aren’t getting hate from every direction. Criticism is way too nice a term for the online abuse he gets.

He deserves every bit of criticism he gets, when it’s actual legit criticism. But I see a lot of bully tactic bullshit mixed in there.
He was not being abused when he threatened to kill himself if we didn;t start being nicer to gamergaters dudes.

Just stop this nonsense.

Oct 28, 2017
Another person coming into the thread just to make a comment about how they don't know anything about this and how it doesn't affect them.
If you read some of the thread or even the OP you would see what the discussion is about.

You come in saying "well I've never seen him doing anything bad" when there is LITERALLY proof in the OP, meaning you haven't taken the time to read the thread at all before making a meaningless comment

Oct 27, 2017
Another person who ignores 25 pages worth of content that could easily answer their question as to why Boogie is so hated around her, yet wades into the thread anyway and "just asks questions".

Now you'll say that it wasn't your intention, that you come from a place of genuine ignorance, and so on and so forth. You know, "another one" of "those".

Oct 25, 2017

Fucking lol.

It's like there's a schedule or something.

Oct 25, 2017
No its not possible they do not know at this point. There was similar outrage around E3 when Geoff had him on his show for quite a while.

Claven

Game Localization
Verified
Aug 22, 2018
This notion that we learned so much medical knowledge from nazis examining Jews during the holocaust is false and usually only spouted by nazi sympathizers.
Jesus F, that's a really fucked up thing to say (not what you said, but what you're saying someone said).

Oct 25, 2017
Sure I'm just saying specifically about the gaming awards and celebrating him.
I guess? I’ve only listened to the podcast every so often lately; have the awards come up that much without it being said?

I just think there’s a difference between a topic not coming up, and them specifically being silent or shutting down talk of it. I can look at their Discord right now and see people, including mods, harshly criticizing Ninja being nominated without issue. I expect that if they discuss the awards, they’ll also discuss the Trending Gamer and Content Creator and such stuff and what celebrating these people means. Again, it’s not like they’ve been positive about them before.

Rather, I really don’t think it’s bad to want them to speak out more about it, as you do, so I hope I don’t come across as saying you shouldn’t care. You’re right that there are expectations to cover certain things consistently, especially when they have some connection to it. I just think it’s a pretty huge, unearned leap to get to “they’re being silent because they need to support the event for access to games, and care more about that than their ideals”, y’know? And that's what some people were pushing earlier in the thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't let Boogie fool you for one second, he knows exactly what he is doing. The whole both sides bullshit is a very convenient way for him to express support for all kinds of disgusting shit.

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's time we stop responding tothe people who stroll into threads like this with the "I've never seen so and so say anything wrong", in which said thread contains countless posts evidencing the very thing they're pretending to be unaware of. We know what they're trying to do. It happens for literally every thread in which something like this happens. They're gaslighting by attempting to fein ignorance in order to shield someone from criticism.

Oct 27, 2017
Why on earth would you think Geoff Keighley is progressive?
At first glance, seems like a nice enough guy. Harmless enough, spawned some funny memes in the past, and wants the industry to be taken seriously and grow. I think anyone with a passion for games would be drawn to him. No real stance politically, but just by taking in his nature, one would assume he wouldn't be alt-right. But with the fact that he's complicit in giving the spotlight to folks like Boogie time and time again, it's kind of a rude awakening to people who thought that about Geoff Keighley.

Not to say that his silence isn't deafening on the matter, it is, but it's easy for people who are simply out of the loop to think that someone as seemingly safe and harmless as Geoff comes off as one of the good guys.

Oct 25, 2017

geoff awarded him the "trending gamer of the year" award a couple of years ago if im not mistaken

Oct 25, 2017
And to think that guy became really famous thanks to NeoGAF community support lmao.

(i know he was banned from neogaf, but WAY AFTER getting a substantial fanbase)

Era: You all created that monster.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta have your fools to raise the quota of your show. And Boogie is at least not quite as horrible as JonTron is so they could have picked someone worse. That's the most positive take I have on this.

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Nah it's a certainty they know about him, Geoff understands how the industry works.

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of his politics, his goal is to have a successful show.

He can still be a progressive, but with shitty morals when it comes to his career and what he deems as important.
I honestly can't agree with that. I find it hard to believe you can be progressive and have "shitty morals". Your morals are what makes you progressive in the first place. If you purposefully choose to have someone who actively hurts the people you supposedly care for, then you're not progressive in the slightlest.

Honestly I don't care who's invited to it, unless this piece of shit gets on stage of course. I only care about the announcements, developers, etc.

They honestly might not know about Boogie's political/personal beliefs to be fair, so i'm not going to bad mouth Geoff.
How can he know Boogie and not know what he said and did? That makes absolutely no sense. This is Geoff Keighley we're talking about.

But, hey. Thank you for being upfront about not caring about anything but your video games. At least you're honest about bigotry not bothering you at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't care who's invited to it, unless this piece of shit gets on stage of course. I only care about the announcements, developers, etc.

They honestly might not know about Boogie's political/personal beliefs to be fair, so i'm not going to bad mouth Geoff.

Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Geoff has been made aware of his statements quite consistently. They also invited him for the reason you specified, obviously.

I understand why this thread exploded, but I also see how some people are confused because he really does come across as a moron who feels the need to emphasize his beliefs on certain issues without alienating his audience. I don't mean that specifically makes him a moron, rather that he truly seems unintelligent as a whole, and that's a byproduct. People sympathize with that kind of person, at least before they take the plunge into devout racism/sexism/whatever-ism

As for me, there was a video he posted where he tried to paint his wife as a piece of shit that really showed me he was a maniac, but that doesn't seem to get much traction (and I just popped into this thread, so excuse me for not reading through it).

Status
Not open for further replies.