• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Boogie2988 invited to the Game Awards (famous champion of 'both sides' in regards to white supremacy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Resetera, internet police. I honestly don't get this forum sometimes.

The lot of you need to chill out. If you don't like what he says than ignore him. If enough people see it the same way you do he'll fade away.

Also, the people attacking him for his appearance are disgusting and should be ashamed.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd put money down and assume that he'll regain the weight and then some in a couple of years as his obesity looks due to overeating than simply genetics.
Dude loses 100s of pounds and your response is :meh, he'll regain it, I'd bet on it!

I thought fat hating people like you wanted fat people to lose weight? Shouldn't you be happy about his success?

Oct 28, 2017
JP

The lot of you need to chill out. If you don't like what he says than ignore him. If enough people see it the same way you do he'll fade away.

Also, the people attacking him for his appearance are disgusting and should be ashamed.
Come on, no need to be so aggressive. You should try having a proper conversation with the people you're talking about, and maybe learn a thing or two from them. Wouldn't that be sweet?

OP
OP
Khanimus

"Ignore the bigot and they'll go away" doesn't work when they have a fucking massive following. Ignoring them has never been enough.

Not to sound shallow, but he's so physically disgusting. Why would any promotional body want to use his proxy endorsement as a means of burnishing any goodwill to the gaming industry? Wouldn't they want more telegenic personalities, and not Brad Pitt archetypes either. I'm talking regular, run of the mill people that can more easily pass off as being reasonably attractive to the point of being bland. Think of Mike Nelson from MST3K.

Think of it from a layperson's point of view of what they perceive as gamers. And then you look at someone like Boogie. It's not good optics. And then you add to his smarmy whataboutisms on his youtube videos, irregardless of whether one agrees with them or not. I'll use the Milo comparison: at this point in the game, he's almost daring his detractors to fat shame him.
why do you think this was a good place to go

Nov 1, 2017
Should have stopped at "not to sound shallow". You do. The last thing this thread needs is fat shaming and implying fat people shouldn't even be on tv.
Not fat shaming. I just find it odd that Keighley would go with the most odious specimen of the lot. Many overweight people in the world, and yet most compose themselves with the utmost dignity as to how they conduct themselves in their private and public affairs on the web.

But this is a guy who has shamelessly and condescendingly extols the virtues of meeting white supremacist conduct in the middle but will scream bloody murder when it comes to fat shaming people.

Physically, he's the most defeated looking human being I've seen on Youtube, and that's no exaggeration on my part.

The producers of the Game Awards could have chosen someone else to elevate the show's profile and by proxy, goodwill to the gaming hobby as a whole, but they went with this bottom of the barrel shit heel.

But be that as it may, you'd think for a guy tipping the scale of nearly a quarter a ton he'd be a bit more magnanimous a personality.

And just to clarify, this has nothing to do with his morbid obesity, although his morbid obesity does have the effect of multiplying the grotesque magnitude of his character. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it tends to be in a superficial society.

You think it's cool that people associate gaming with budding white supremacist enclaves? I don't. And people like Boogie, or JonTron, or Pewdiepie do little to banish that distinction from the minds of many.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018
It's contradictory to have Women in Games pieces and at the same time invite people like this
Some might say it's also contradictory to give an award to a guy most famous for saying the N word and complaining that he doesn't get paid vacation from his millions-a-year video game playing job -- and then minutes later, give an award to a gay black furry who gave away half his earnings to charity and talks about radical self-acceptance -- and pretend those two people are moral equivalents.

Dec 24, 2017

So, we're just having a discussion here. Everything is pretty chill as far as I can tell- no buildings are on fire, nobody is screaming at their computer monitors. Nothing is gained from telling people to "chill out", it adds nothing to the conversation taking place that I can think of. Nobody categorized themselves as internet police, we are not in charge of the Game Awards, we are making our stance clear as we are entitled to do.

Jul 12, 2018

Or we could just aggressively talk about what a bad person he is and you could deal with our free speech. If you have a problem with this, go hide in your safe space. The rest of us are fed up with political correctness.

Yes, I agree, Boogie2988 should be ashamed for making fun of people's physical appearance. Glad you agree with everyone that Boogie2988 is a deeply bad person.

Jul 12, 2018
You see the irony right?
Let me assure you I'm being extremely sincere when I say Boogie2988 is a bad person and it'd be a better world if he left it, there's not a hint of irony in what I'm saying.

If you mean it's ironic that he spends all his time making internet welfare money being a hateful idiot and ranting about feminists and free speech, while this thread is a succession of people talking about how it's wrong to be mean to Boogie, who is a good hearted fellow, then yes I agree that is ironic.

But I will take your response to mean that you agree with me that Boogie2988 is a deeply bad and disturbed individual and his history of insulting peoples' appearance is categorically unacceptable and so he should be ostracized from society. Once we get past that hurdle we can start talking about ResetEra.com Poster '"Crackhead Bob" is a good role model for children and I would be happy to hear you out.

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
The industry or figureheads like Keighley don't have the balls to disavow people like him and other nazi enablers. It's why I hate the industry and refuse to watch the stupid VGAs. Fuck Boogie and anyone that defends him; 'such a sweet guy.' Fuck off.

Oct 25, 2017
Just watch the trailers when they upload it some where else, gaming is intimately linked to collaborators of white supremacists, Geoff knows he cant thrive without this people. He might have all the cool Hollywood guests, but Boogie is the one that will represent the true face of the game community.
I didn't bother watching the event. Pretty easy to boycott. Thankfully all the trailers for the Game Awards were posted on the developers' own YouTube channel so we don't have to give The Game Awards or Geoff Keighley any exposure.

Aug 27, 2018
It's contradictory to have Women in Games pieces and at the same time invite people like this
Real talk, if you want your industry to be more progressive and inclusive, don't invite people like boogie. Don't associate with them at all.
Associating with this guy sorta ruins any good you may be trying to push. The dude is very much sympathetic to those who make this world worse.
Not really. I'm not sure why you're all giving this guy so much power. His attendance at an award show doesn't define it or the entire industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.