• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Had no idea he lost weight. Or that the "both sides" thing was in response to white supremacy. He was always just another one out of the same "outraged youtuber" cloning cylinder to me, meaning a tiny meaningless blip on my radar.

Last edited:

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He's also an emotional manipulative bastard. Have you heard his wife's horror stories and that hugely distasteful video he did we're he tried to present her as the bad guy?

The dude is a sociopath.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
puke-gif-15.gif

Can't stand that dude.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
User Banned (1 Week): Whataboutism, history of similar behaviour.
Someone popular in gaming circles invited to a big gaming event. I'm shocked...

This forum is the only place that doesn't like Boogie. Hey, he's also meeting up with Cory Barlog too. Are we gonna attack Cory like you're criticizing Geoff?

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff has been asked all year to get rid of trending gamer and to stop inviting Boogie and the like. He's seen it, he knows what they've done, but doesn't care which is a lot worse than Geoff just being ignorant on the topic

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this in the most polite way possible: What discussion is this thread intending to start?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The Game Awards is just an industry hype show. There is no great integrity threshold it cares about meeting. In order to be disappointed, first you'd have to expect something which none of us should.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man Geoff what are you doing? Like literally every person you announced to be hosting has been good... until this.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
So you get good people like Brandon Jones who stop following Boogie after the Holocaust "incident" and then you get people like Geoff who continue to welcome him with open arms.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
And this is another reason I laughed at the guy who was trying to sell me VIP tickets to TGA. No way am I subsidizing this bullshit. Or driving through rainy LA hell traffic to get there.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Disgusting, I wouldn't want my game to appear in a show with white supremacists.

Uncle00Jesse

Nov 1, 2017
I considered myself a huge boogie fan. But I honestly don't know what the fuck happened to him. His social media is a an absolute mess and it seems like he's always defending something. I don't understand why he constantly has to step out of his lane and talk and advocate for things he clearly doesn't fully understand or need to be involved in. The dude could be fucking enormously popular right now but decisions he's made in the last year and a half have been really frustrating to witness. I sincerely wish him well because deep down he's a fucking great guy

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Meh. If he's just in attendance - that doesn't really come off as an endorsement to me. He's a previous winner, and I imagine just got the invite as a courtesy.

I wouldn't put him on stage - but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Jun 1, 2018
the game awards is (excuse my language) nothing more than rich people jerking each other off about how awesome they are while not really praising the hard work of the devs who work overtime to create amazing games.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017

This forum is the only place that doesn't like Boogie.
The fact that your conclusion that "only this place" doesnt like Boogie, somebody who has defended Neonazis and downplayed the holocaust, is that something is wrong with this place and not others tells us much about you.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wow, he really lost weight. I'm happy for him, but I'd hoped Geoff wouldn't invite someone who unironically said (paraphrasing) "maybe the gays got their rights too quickly, of course that annoys homophobes"

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
So is Geoff going to be hated now because he is friends with Boogie? Cory too? Era's most beloved dev on Era?

Good on him for losing that weight.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Zero respect for Keighley

This forum is the only place that doesn't like Boogie. Hey, he's also meeting up with Cory Barlog too. Are we gonna attack Cory like you're criticizing Geoff?

No, I'm just going to pass on ever purchasing God of War. Similarly, I stopped watching content from Danny O'Dwyer for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.