• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
He just seems a bit stupid to me. He's obviously clueless, is loyal to some guys who say some dumb shit and he's protecting them without realizing hes dragging himself into this cesspit as well.

He should grow a spine, or perhaps educate himself. Guys who get on the good side of fuckers like David Duke, abandon those ASAP. But this guy decides not to pick a side, which is the dumbest move you can do especially if you're somewhat of a public figure. Its his living, so I understand he's afraid to cut ties with some people here and there, but still, you should have some dignity. And people will generally appreciate it when you are outspoken. He would've been bigger if he didn't push himself into this cowardice moderate position.
Yes he's incredibly stupid and uninformed and spineless. His stupidity doesn't excuse anything though, not saying you are just adding to your post.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
What is the big problem here? From what it looks like, he's just attending, not actually hosting or speaking.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck everyone, right?!
Not everyone chooses to associate with known alt-righters, no.
maybe i'd understand this thread if he was hosting or anything but he is just attending. i bet there's a lot worse in that crowd. he is just an idiot with bad opinions.
He was invited to the show in spite of his views being clearly known to anyone paying attention.
I've read the entire thread and I haven't seen anything specific.
I would suggest rewatching the video linked in the OP and searching the forum for a certain topic pertaining to Boogie and the Holocaust. If you still don't see any issues I would suggest having your eyes checked.

Oct 25, 2017
maybe i'd understand this thread if he was hosting or anything but he is just attending. i bet there's a lot worse in that crowd. he is just an idiot with bad opinions.

His opinions tend to lean toward the Alt right. I'm sure he was invited. It's not hard to not invite problematic people to an event. Especially those with a platform. Not to mention the host of the show pretty much openly embracing him.

Like I said before. This industry uses diversity and inclusiveness like a fucking buzzword, but constantly put their priorities in favor of people like Boogie, PDP and others. This industry refuses to take out it's own trash and in many cases defends said trash.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I used to watch some of this guy's videos in the past, and realised he's a really dumb, ignorant person and his opinions are badly motivated and kind of blowing where the wind seems to go.
His desire to please everyone is just kind of sad. It could be a fear of rejection or something.

I don't like him, but I really don't think he has a lot of influence, I would just ignore him and not let it ruin a hopefully fun show. :)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
"Not picking sides" when it comes to white supremacy is just being complacent in white supremacy itself. Actual murders have occurred due to the rise of that bullshit rhetoric, and pretending there is validity to literal Nazis is a joke.

So it is because he doesn't pick sides right?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This thread turned to fuck Cory Barlog huh? You know the man probably is unaware of many of the things this guy because of how hard he worked on the game. If you really think that Cory somehow sides with all the things that guy said you are absolutely wrong and I can't believe people can jump to that conclusion so fast.

Oct 27, 2017
Said it in the Game awards thread but Geoff Keighley very clearly does not care about the harm elevating these shitbags who cause damage to marginalized groups does, and thus must in some way has to agree with their ideology.

The fact that he was completely silent after each "trending gamer" award speaks volumes. He doesn't care that they are problematic figures when he stands from his extremely privileged position. He doesn't care that publicly associating with them and handing them awards supports white supremacy. He doesn't care that his latest award winner is a misogynist.

He doesn't care about marginalized groups. Period.
Pretty much like I don't hate Geoff. But he's a business man first and foremost. There's nothing wrong with that. But I also don't buy any of the shit he says because he has zero integrity and does what he needs to do to make money and further himself. There was a passionate speech about Konami but nothing about any of the issues that happen in the gaming realm directly related to the types of people you do business with. So I respect Geoff's hustle but I don't respect him.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Never understand the Boogie love in on gaf, when he was popular. He was a crap version of Angry Joe.
Maybe he realized nobody thought Francis was funny and instead adopted the persona of "Boogie the Woke Centrist" to rake in cash from clicks and views and this is just all one long con.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): downplaying bigotry
I mean whatever. The dude's opinions are milquetoast bland, but this isn't the end of the world.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
The guy really sucks

but hats off to him, he actually is losing a ton of weight. Maybe now that he's not fat, he'll "both sides" fat shaming, though.
No making fun of fat people was the one thing that consistently triggered him and then it was no fun allowed jpeg

Anyway I wish my favorite personalities got a spot like Super Bunny Hop but ya know

Oct 25, 2017
I just found it, it's not as bad as I remembered:

"I agree entirely. Same sex marriage is a human right and everyone deserves a chance at love. Taking an extra five years to keep changing minds and saving lives might be worth it tho. Just my opinion. Some people died to get it done faster. You ok with that? I am not. "
that's a tweet of him replying to the backlash after he said gay people should've waited 10-20 years or so to get married because homophones might have calmed down by then

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Danny continues to fraternize with Boogie. His response to me on Patreon was complete fucking bullshit. He said he needs to follow Boogie for "professional and journalistic responsibility." Yeah if the likes of Jason Schreier and Patrick Klepek don't see the journalistic responsibility to follow a holocaust sympathizer, then a fucking documentary maker sure as shit doesn't either. Danny can go fuck himself too honestly.

Danny O'Dwyer also somehow congratulated that tool who started up The Escapist with a bunch of Gamergate dog-whistling. O'Dwyer seems pretty ignorant and naive, as also seen in his initial dislike for Anita Sarkeesian (until he somehow came around instead of going full gamergate misogynist).

His documentaries are also just industry hype pieces more than anything.

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is a fence sitter for sure but didn't he win some award at the show last year?

why are people surprised that he's being invited back?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Someone popular in gaming circles invited to a big gaming event. I'm shocked...

This forum is the only place that doesn't like Boogie. Hey, he's also meeting up with Cory Barlog too. Are we gonna attack Cory like you're criticizing Geoff

I don't know why you even try. The emulation of twitch chats that this forum manages to do sometimes are pretty impressive.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Separate from his terrible politics, I have to say I'm really happy for him having lost the weight he has. That is a real struggle. I've gone through similar though no where near as drastic transitions.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I've read the entire thread and I haven't seen anything specific.
Do tweets and images not show up for you

DiTtaSEW0AEmSu3.jpg

sd1ibte9icx11.png
He doesn't even pick up on blatant sarcasm.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is that fat shaming is the only place where he seems to draw the line.

Maybe he will go on stage and give another sob story.
Not to so easy to hang in the middle when its an issue that actually effects him.

He should think about the suffering the people he both sides feel about all the shit they go through. They could fill rivers with the tears of what they've suffered through in their lives as minorities or LGBT.

Deleted member 35653

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I don't understand, I don't follow this guy but if he is so bad why people that, dare I say, I consider respectable like Geoff and Cory are cheering him? Is he that famous?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Separate from his terrible politics, I have to say I'm really happy for him having lost the weight he has. That is a real struggle. I've gone through similar though no where near as drastic transitions.
No one here is mocking him for being fat so you're screaming in to the void here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting. People like him are why I'm no longer going to watch these shows. Geoff sadly never learns.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
You're demanding others denounce somebody because they refused to denounce another group. As far as I know, the EZA guys hold O'Dwyer in high esteem. Should they be dropped because they're not dropping him? Should any outlet that decides to cover GoW be dropped? What exactly is the line in this hardcore zero tolerance policy you've adopted?
It's not hard to denounce shitty people.

I denounce Boogie, I will not associate with him on any professional or individual level, his views are harmful and ignorant and do not reflect my own.

That was not difficult.
What is the big problem here? From what it looks like, he's just attending, not actually hosting or speaking.
He was given sanction to attend the event in the form of an official invitation from the creator of the event, meaning Geoff Keighly thought it wise to reach out and make sure he was able to come despite Boogie's harmful views against women, gay marriage, etc.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I guess it's called the Game Awards appropriately. Boogie represents a shitty side to gaming culture that I hope one day passes.

Screw that fucking melon, and the choice to fly him in for the awards is a boneheaded decision

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Why would you think Keighly cares about minorities? He's a corporate robot man doing much more important things like making the Oscars for nerds. If you have to have a few dirt bags involved to shore up its viewership, so be it.

Oct 25, 2017

Being embraced by the host and creator of the show and like I said. I'm sure he was invited. Boogie is a very public figure with shitty fucking views. And things like this at the very least shows the Geoff is ok with ignoring that just for viewership numbers.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wait what's up with Danny O'Dwyer?
Buddies with Boogie. I can't stand people who try to act progressive then chum it up with pieces of shit.

Where were you when the cyberpunk twitter said stuff much worse?
Bizarre whataboutism, but I've posted numerous times (as recent as today) about cancelling my GOG account and opting not to purchase anymore CDPR games.

Any other unrelated assholes you want to bring up?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
8p3jvfmn8w011.jpg

yes because fat jokes are the same as racism, sexism and homophobia, boogie.

OOF

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Geoff definitely saw this thread because it says he last visited about 4 mins ago.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
the game awards is (excuse my language) nothing more than rich people jerking each other off about how awesome they are while not really praising the hard work of the devs who work overtime to create amazing games.
seriously, this

I'm blown away that an awards show for games has absolutely no categories for outstanding game systems design, gameplay engineering, etc. It's all about favorites within genres, narratives, and production values.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Cory have an account here?

It's one thing if all he knows of Boogie is his gaming work, but its another entirely if he knows of Boogie's terrible hot takes and still chooses to be chummy with the dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.