• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I see, so he did pick a side. I remember a long time ago people were upset with him because he wouldn't throw his "friends" under the bus. But now I see he actually did lean a direction and that's why this thread is the way it is. Makes sense at least. At first I was really confused.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
getting reports there's several conservatives attending the video game awards, fuck you Geoff, not watching this now. Actually, I will only watch the new game reveals and mute the rest, eat shit Geoff.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what it is that keeps making people overlook this piece of shit's idiocy. Like, even if you thought he was a nice guy before, the shit he says outloud has to be enough to make you change your mind, right?

I think he was suicidal at one point, and that's earned him a metric fuck-ton of pity from people in the industry, so they let him slide on things regularly. Could be wrong though.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I would do research before calling someone I have never met "friend" for this reasons like this exact scenario.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
This signals to me that Geoff gives no shits at all. He is exactly the guy a lot of people thought he was, a dude with no scruples will boost shitheads if they help make him successful.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
We don't provide a platform for Boogie, his views, or his content here.

Last edited:

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
After a brief discussion among the site staff, we're reopening this thread. In review, this thread is not providing a platform for Boogie, his views, or his content, and discussion may continue.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for the sensible decision mods. It is worth it to criticize a big event like the Game Awards for providing him a platform, even if that sadly means we have to post links to some of his stuff here when people ask what's wrong with him.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Love that the industry has no fucking spine when it comes to dealing with their horrible "friends".

You don't want your Trending Gamer problems? Stop supporting them like this.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
puke-gif-15.gif

Can't stand that dude.

Suitable gif for this thread, Liar Liar is a great movie too.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
You didn't give a shit about our feedback over the viewership, did you, Geoff.

Also renaming Trending Gamer to Content Creator is nonsense. You may as well rename it to Streamer Award. If it is Content Creator Award, the likes of Mark Brown, GVMERS, or Gaming Historian would have been runners for all these years

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love that the industry has no fucking spine when it comes to dealing with their horrible "friends".

You don't want your Trending Gamer problems? Stop supporting them like this.

It's especially weird in regards to Boogie... I mean... he's an idiotic YouTube Dude. It's not like he's the President of EA or something.

It's not worth me personally getting upset with Geoff and The Game Awards, but it's so odd how publicly cordial some people treat Boogie when they could just ignore him.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for reopening this thread — I was about to PM the admins about it.

This thread isn't a platform for boogie. It's a platform by which to raise awareness of his malignancy and keep pressure on Geoff Keighley's TGA and others for supporting an avowed bigot.

For visibility

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just gonna quote myself from the Jaffe thread on why boogie shouldn't be seen as a good person.
Between the GG gaf stuff and Anita he also defended Jon Tron by posting a video the day after Jon said "we shouldn't mix the gene pools" by saying he was being attacked for having a different opinion and "trying on a new hat, politically" and that we should all talk and meet in the middle.

When people called boogie out about the severity of Jon's comments he quickly followed up with another video saying he hadn't actually watched Jon's video and didn't agree with those comments. So he had time to read the outrage, think up a video, film, edit and upload it but not actually watch what the subject he was commenting about.

That's why he is hated here but there is more.

He also started dating a sex worker after his wife left him and the new gf came out saying he would emotionally bully her into saying at his house and looking after him, wouldn't let her do her sex work (even though that's how he met her) and when she would ask for money to live (since he wasn't allowing her to work) he would give her the bare minimum and make her feel bad about it.

He also told someone he was thinking about killing himself so they called the police to check on him and he proceeded to make a video where he was furious about them doing it because it interrupted a date and how he wasn't really gonna kill himself, then said not yet anyway, and basically was a real piece of shit to the person who was simply worried about him.

On top of this, from watching his live streams it seems he has a deep hatred of women, coming out with some seriously questionable comments that you wouldn't see on his usual videos. Such as "people say the clitorus doesn't have a hole but they just aren't trying hard enough. All you need is one of these *pulls out a scalpel*.

There was also a severely suspect comment where he said he didn't want to have kids because he was like his parents and didn't want to do to them what they did to him. In case you aren't aware he was physically and sexually abused by them so it made it sound like he was admitting he had the same issues.

I was a big fan of boogie and looked up to him with regards to his struggles with his upbringing and weight issues but its clear he is a manipulative, angry piece of shit who deserves no sympathy.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this guy. 'Both sides are bad'-type centrism is the dumbest fucking thing ever.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Ah, yes, Greg Miller, who spent a long long time going "awww, why can't we just get along?" whenever his friend/business partner spouted abhorrent bullshit and other people he knew got sick enough of it to call it out. Truly the "coolest" dude.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Not surprised at this, can't remember if it was this year or last year, but Geoff had him on his E3 show, it was on the EA Play segment. Pretty sure he knew what Boogie was then and knows it now. Just more proof of how the gaming industry is still hostile to minorities.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
My respect for this guy's dropped so low so fast. Finding a happy middle in itself isn't a bad thing, but for certain things there is no happy middle. Some shit is straight up evil and shouldn't be tolerated in any way, shape, or form. I don't know why he doesn't get it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Hopefully he won't get on stage atleast.
Someone popular in gaming circles invited to a big gaming event. I'm shocked...

This forum is the only place that doesn't like Boogie. Hey, he's also meeting up with Cory Barlog too. Are we gonna attack Cory like you're criticizing Geoff?

Wow, Balrog is a Nazi sympathizer too? Should be it's own thread if it's not already. People should know about this, he's the director for one of the biggest games of the year and Sony first party dev.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game awards exemplifies whats wrong with a large part of the gaming community and this shouldn't at all be surprising. They nominated and are likely to give an award to a man who categorically discriminates against all women. Plus the fact that prominent game devs are all about meeting these people furthers this problem. Just fucking shameful all around. Promoting this shit is inexcusable.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
What an absolute shit move Geoff. Please don't tell me he will be on stage. These tweets from other people in the industry are breaking my heart.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Dressing up horrible views with a friendly smile is powerful.

Boogie says a ton of vile shit, but because he doesn't come across as the normal kind of angry hateful person you'd expect people just don't seem to have an issue with him.

It's weird to see him continuing to be featured at events like this when most people that do the stuff he does would be considered absolutely toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.