• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Boogie has more actual influence and popularity than this entire forum. Unless he straight up posts some racist shit instead of hiding behind the both sides argument, Geoff would still want him to attend the show.
Yeah this what it comes down to. There isn't any significant net negative for him to not be shut out when the wider public either still likes him, doesn't care, or is just ignorant about him. You really don't see pariahs from these kinds of events in any industry unless it's a huge public image issue or they got blacklisted by pissing off some higher up.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Again, not saying he's perfect, although I'm not super familiar with those cases you've mentioned. My main point was that he's not a piece of shit for the tweets I've seen quoted in the thread so far.
Then you haven't been actually reading the stuff posted in the thread so far, as those have been posted. Also your "I don't actually know a bout those awful things he's done, so I'll not actually research it and just tell everyone he's a good guy" is hilarious. If you don't actually know anything about what he's done, why do you leap to defend him?

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Boogie is fine. He's not perfect but on most cases he's on your side, Era. He has many of the same ideals as the hivemind here, he just disagrees on how to achieve those ideals.

Stop calling him a piece of shit for not wanting to blatantly vilify others (what you call "choosing a side"). All I see in this thread is bullying. He hasn't said a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic from all the examples I've seen, people here are just hating on him because he chooses not to hate others no matter what their opinions are and believes in working with people on a personal level over time rather than shouting at their faces forcing them to comply with his ideals.

Boogie believes in the human spirit and has empathy for the human condition. We could all learn from him.
If he's going to apologize for white supremacists, he's so fucking far from "my side." You don't get to downplay the harassment targeted towards marginalized groups, say they can be "just as bad" as the Nazis who killed woman at a rally, and think I would ever break bread with you.

Fuck. That.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boogie is fine. He's not perfect but on most cases he's on your side, Era. He has many of the same ideals as the hivemind here, he just disagrees on how to achieve those ideals.

Stop calling him a piece of shit for not wanting to blatantly vilify others (what you call "choosing a side"). All I see in this thread is bullying. He hasn't said a single thing that is actually racist or homophobic from all the examples I've seen, people here are just hating on him because he chooses not to hate others no matter what their opinions are and believes in working with people on a personal level over time rather than shouting at their faces forcing them to comply with his ideals.

Boogie believes in the human spirit and has empathy for the human condition. We could all learn from him.

You're just another low post count fuck who uses terms like "hivemind" and come out of the woodwork to defend bigots.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Again, not saying he's perfect, although I'm not super familiar with those cases you've mentioned. My main point was that he's not a piece of shit for the tweets I've seen quoted in the thread so far.

There's a big and long gap from "not being perfect" (no one is) to saying neonazis killing women is a feminist fault. And when you add all the other stuff like asking to understand white supremacists, saying same sex marriage should have waited more so bigots dont get angry, some good came from the holocaust.... the gap keeps getting bigger.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you're a piece of shit as well if you seen the tweet where he blames bigots getting violent on gay people getting rights too quickly and still don't think he's a piece of shit.

Also, what do you think "meeting in the middle" is when talking about someone that thinks black people are genetically inferior? What's the middle ground on that?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
News flash, boogie is a fucking asshat. You shouldn't come in here defending an asshat and then say "well, I don't know about the shit he's done... BUT HEEE'SS FINNNEEEE. I promise".

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't agree with any of Boogies views and agree he has some seriously unhealthy behaviour, but are we really going to start blaming victims of child abuse for being damaged later in life?

Sounds like the dude needs to go to a therapist.

Shitty person with shitty behaviour that is that way because they were abused is a child isn't really that clean cut.
Where have I victim blamed him for his upbringing?

He has been to therapy for years and still says this shit.

To try and ignore it all or excuse it because of his upbringing is terrible.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Just gonna quote myself from the Jaffe thread on why boogie shouldn't be seen as a good person.
Yet he viliffied Anita Sarkeesian by saying the Charlotesville incident was her fault. The one were a neonazi killed a young activist girl.

He also vilified a cosplayer that was harrassed by a sexist MtG player.
Khanimus you should probably threadmark these for people jumping in going "ooh, but what did he do?"

I mean it won't stop anyone, since most people jumping in to do that are doing disingenuously but still.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with any of Boogies views and agree he has some seriously unhealthy behaviour, but are we really going to start blaming victims of child abuse for being damaged later in life?

Shitty person with shitty behaviour that is that way because they were abused is a child isn't really that clean cut.
Being a victim of sexual abuse doesn't make you a Nazi sympathiser.

There are plenty of people who go through the worst mental anguish and are great people.

...Boogie is not one of those people.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
DeZph4aW0AE7V7Y.jpg

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
"Boogie is fine"

Yeah, saying the Holocaust was actually good is fine.
Saying gays dont deserve equal right because it upsets white people is fine.
Saying games shouldnt be inclusive because it scares off bigots is fine.

Fuck Boogie.
Fuck Geoff for giving his racist white ass a platform.
Fuck anyone that defends him.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Please show me the first one, because I have strong suspicions that you've intentionally warped what he is saying.

As for the H3H3 interview, the way he said what he said is pretty dumb, but I'm pretty damn certain that if you listen to the entire context of what he's saying, he is getting at the point that the louder one extreme gets the more reactionary the other side is going to become. Which has often times been true. I think Boogie framed it very stupidly, but making a stupid gaf isn't a crime nor does it necessarily make you a shit person.

I don't really like the clip being removed from the context of the podcast but I also don't want to link to that podcast. If you think Anita had anything to do with the Charlottesville tragedy you shouldn't be talking about the subject. Also I'd love some references to anybody other than folks who already had misogynist tendencies being radicalised by Anita videos I'd love to see some evidence for that statement as I don't think progressives have oftentimes been the reason for radicalisation; though there's an argument the prospect of a change in status quo makes bigoted people more vocal.

As for the other statement, check Boogies hot take on Gay marriage.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Once someone enters adulthood and continues treating others the ways they were mistreated, particularly as a tool for manipulating those people, they should be judged for it. The original mistreatment has no bearing on anything once they're choosing to continue it; People are calling out behavior.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
It has been linked multiple times in this thread. He literally said that the gay community should have waited 5 more years to get the right to marry so as to not piss off the homophobes as much.

If only black people stayed slaves...if only black people were okay with being beaten, jailed...etc....we wouldn't have nazis.

Oct 25, 2017

If you're not familiar, then you probably shouldn't comment until you've educated yourself.

As a black man. There is NOTHING i need to learn from Boogie when he defends JonTron who said "Black People are inferior" Or blaming an activist being murdered by a white supremacist on Anita Sarkeesian.

Your previous post was complete BS.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It has been linked multiple times in this thread. He literally said that the gay community should have waited 5 more years to get the right to marry so as to not piss off the homophobes as much.
Yeah and that's really dumb. But that also doesn't mean he is a literal Nazi. I've seen him say "fuck white supremacists and nazi's" on multiple occasions. Being naive doesn't make you malevolent.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I was actually gonna watch this year, but this is a great reason not to. I'm sure whatever Nintendo announces will be online tomorrow anyways.

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
I've got no love for boogie and the guy has some questionable opinions but god damn is that title and OP some raw gaslighting.

The both sides stuff was suggesting that you don't need to exist at the far flung extremeties of the political spectrum on every single issue.

Painting it as being some sort of apologism for white supremacy is fucking garbage.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If you really examined the context, it would become abundantly clear that he doesn't believe Anita Sarkeesian literally caused the Charlottesville incident. Just that the incendiary attitude of some people further on the left is helping breed crazy reactionaries on the right. I think it's a deeply flawed perspective, but I do think it has been shown that the far right and the far left are helping polarization accelerate.

How is doing videos about women representation in gaming "incendiary far left attitude"?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So a victim of abuse as a child has a free pass to be a abhorrent human being later in life? Nah.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
boogie pretended to have sex with a prostitute on camera by humping a bed while saying "take it bitch"

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

I hereby declare this to be sarcasm and no one will convince me otherwise.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

What's the cut off point for victim blaming? He gets a free pass all his life no matter what he does or says?

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

Going to post this again because I feel like the message is still lost to some people.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
There really should be more shunning from the industry towards these types. Just like Campo Santo throwing DMCA takedown on Pewdiepie's Firewatch content, don't let them benefit from your work. Not inviting them to award shows and developers like Balrog calling them friends.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
13 pages and no Boogie saying "I'll learn something, he'll learn something and we'll meet in the middle" gif? I am disappointed ERA, that is one of his cringiest moments.

Boogie needs to read about Karl Popper's paradox of tolerance.

HcuZIT5w8xJLMXoISDexG1GNz5Dj7xHO_QGeueMtdPU.jpg

PS: Every fascist authoritarian has gained power through the silence of centrists like Boogie.
i gotchu chief

boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, you've been suckered by him.

Perhaps I have been. Maybe I want to believe him partly because I disagree with the lynch mob mentality that's become so pervasive these days. I disagree with a lot of Boogie's views, and if he really hasn't changed, then yeah, he's a jerk. But that's where I draw the line - he's a jerk who I don't agree with. There are a lot of people in the world I don't agree with. I wouldn't try to prevent him from going to a show, boycott that show, or criticize his friends for inviting him to that show.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and that's really dumb. But that also doesn't mean he is a literal Nazi. I've seen him say "fuck white supremacists and nazi's" on multiple occasions. Being naive doesn't make you malevolent.

Well, if he's not a Nazi, than he's certainly an ally of the Nazi's. Far more than being an ally of any of the groups he demands stay locked in the closet.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got no love for boogie and the guy has some questionable opinions but god damn is that title and OP some raw gaslighting.

The both sides stuff was suggesting that you don't need to exist at the far flung extremeties of the political spectrum on every single issue.

Painting it as being some sort of apologism for white supremacy is fucking garbage.
The
dude
said
to
meet
in
the
middle
with
someone
that
thinks
black
people
are
genetically
inferior

good lord you guys sure have some thick fucking skulls

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Boogie has more actual influence and popularity than this entire forum. Unless he straight up posts some racist shit instead of hiding behind the both sides argument, Geoff would still want him to attend the show.

I think you have discovered the problem.

Edit: to clarify, I'm agreeing with you.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Geoff isn't going to reply to your posts, guys. That would take backbone.

Apologies if already asked and explained I'm just now catching up with this thread but what did Danny O'Dwyer do. Wasn't that guy all over Colin for tweeting dumbshit surely he didn't do anything dumb now did he
He may have called out someone else, but he definitely wouldn't do that to his buddy Boogie.

I'm not going to chastise anyone for enjoying Danny O'Dwyer's content. I used to love his stuff. Danswers, NoClip, his podcast, his Giant Bomb visits. It legitimately bums me out, but the company you keep is important for me. If you have no issues with the shit Boogie spouts or don't have the spine to call him out on it, I have no respect for you.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't feel so bad about missing this now. Fuck Boogie, never liked the guy anyway

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

The "both sides" thing was said in direct response to Jontron saying rich blacks commit more crimes than poor whites, among other vile shit. It straight up was apologism for white supremacy.

There's no "both sides" to racism. You're either racist or you're not.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the Ninja thread, It's all about viewership.

Boogie brings the numbers, so Geoff knows what he's doing.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That was part of it, but in the thread itself when he made the direct suicide threats that resulted in his banning and the rule of silence on talking about him ,it was directly towards the thread being against Gamergate, he was demanding we be nice to them.

Oh yeah, it was definitely pointed. He made some points, and when people tried to debate him, he started talking about how emotionally distraught he was. As soon as he realized that he wasn't going to convince people with his words, he turned to emotional manipulation.

At the time I actually believed it; I had read an interview with Boogie where he talked about his weight issues and he had earned my sympathy. But over time, he's seemed to crop up on every controversy on the nerd sphere, always there to fight against the little guy. It gradually becomes clearer and clearer that he's not all that shaken by these topics, as he likes to claim when he's too cowardly to show what he really thinks of them.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie's entire YouTube persona is an act.

He's still the shitposting 4chan troll he admits to being when he was younger. And you can see that's the truth when his facade breaks.

He's a 40-year-old manchild memelord trying to be a good person without actually being one.

Status
Not open for further replies.