• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For example, I saw people banned in the CDProjekt tweet controversy for mere thinking that perhaps the person that made that tweet wasn't a transphobic monster but a stupid as hell person that didn't think that tweet enough before doing it. That's the kind of exageration I'm talking about.
They have a history of transphobic behavior. Maybe if it was their first time as a developer not disregarding transgender people, then people would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For example, I saw people banned in the CDProjekt tweet controversy for mere thinking that perhaps the person that made that tweet wasn't a transphobic monster but a stupid as hell person that didn't think that tweet enough before doing it. That's the kind of exageration I'm talking about.
That isn't the full story and you know it. The people banned in that thread were shitposters or people downplaying transphobia which the mods had explicitly explained in the first post (along with a big noticeable READ THE OP notice in the title) that those idiots decided either not to read or to ignore.

Similarly to this thread if they had read the goddamn context and the information they wouldn't be coming into these threads and saying misinformed shit that is getting them banned.

People have posted plenty of proof of Boogie's shit in this thread and we still get people coming in saying "you guys are big fat meanies, where's the proof?"

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Not many of our parents threaten to kill themselves over being criticized and because you're not being nice enough to a misogynistic hate movement.
While true, your parents also aren't getting hate from every direction. Criticism is way too nice a term for the online abuse he gets.

He deserves every bit of criticism he gets, when it's actual legit criticism. But I see a lot of bully tactic bullshit mixed in there.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
So you want to let these people get away with preaching their hatred, and all we should do is nod and let it happen?
Why is everyone so fucking concerned with the feelings of the influencers that promote these awful ideals, and not those that are affected/hurt by their actions?

Just a Youtuber with millions of followers.

I think the obvious answer is they have more in common with the people in question than the people who are hurt by the behavior.

Which is how a lot of shitty people get away with things---the people making the rules are like them. If you aren't like the powerful either in class, or color, or religion or orientation, you're more likely to get victimized without consequence, and if you do commit a crime you'll be punished more forcefully.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
It's not necessarily a controversial sentiment that a lot of modern medicine was built off the horrors of Mengele and the like.

That is most CERTAINLY a controversial sentiment. Nazi science in general made foundational contributions to the modern scientific world, that's not in doubt, but very little of the data generated in the concentration camps was rigorous enough to be useful. Mengele himself was a notorious hack scientist whose only worthwhile contribution while working in Auschwitz was harvesting organs for study from the dead and shipping them to actual professionals with consistent recordkeeping and methodology.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
As someone that doesn't use twitter and barely knew this Boogie dude from old table breaking memes, i'm pretty terrified there's a "both sides" person that thinks the holocaust had some good points.

Oct 26, 2017
No, not always, I've seen a lot of bans for the most ridiculous reasons, I mean, there's is a reason of why almost all the internet thinks that this place is toxic and the reason is not always that they're nazis or alt right, hell, I'm from Chile and all the gaming circles I know barely tolerate this place.

I've seen many of those same gaming forums and the reasons why they hate this site so much. If you honestly believe that the reasons aren't because they're full of women haters, racists, cennnnssooorrrrshipppppp and general Trump supporters, then you haven't been paying attention.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
What a curious thread. Boogie is a notorious 'fence-sitter' but I've not seen any videos of his in which I've found him to be unpleasant to anyone. Could people just not watch his stuff if they don't like it? Personally, I rather like his content, though I haven't watched it all.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Geoff has been asked all year to get rid of trending gamer and to stop inviting Boogie and the like. He's seen it, he knows what they've done, but doesn't care which is a lot worse than Geoff just being ignorant on the topic

Geoff Keighley This true, Geoff? Please say it ain't so. Please don't be one of those white males who are relentlessly blind to the shit minorities go through.

Please?

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Did not know he said these things or had such a bad rep lol.
I'd come across his videos time to time and he seemed like a good dude to watch whatever he was reviewing lol

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
I hope people aren't surprised that Boogie was invited. It's not like the industry is progressive. Most people probably don't give a shit or agree with his both sides stance. This forum is an outlier.

No, not always, I've seen a lot of bans for the most ridiculous reasons, I mean, there's is a reason of why almost all the internet thinks that this place is toxic and the reason is not always that they're nazis or alt right, hell, I'm from Chile and all the gaming circles I know barely tolerate this place.

Of course gamers dislike this place. Most gamers suck.

Ban me if racist against gamers.

Last edited:

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
That is most CERTAINLY a controversial statement. Nazi science in general made foundational contributions to the modern scientific world, that's not in doubt, but very little of the data generated in the concentration camps was rigorous enough to be useful. Mengele himself was a notorious hack scientist whose only worthwhile contribution while working in Auschwitz was harvesting organs for study from the dead and shipping them to actual professionals with consistent recordkeeping and methodology.

Perhaps I was mistaken then about the source of that contribution. I guess I had heard enough times that "we don't like where this discovery came from, but it was important" that I had associated a lot of it with Mengele.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure when people say the Holocaust had some good come out it, it's more "The Holocaust was fine, Woody Allan made some cool films"

You know... really shallow

Oct 25, 2017
What a curious thread. Boogie is a notorious 'fence-sitter' but I've not seen any videos of his in which I've found him to be unpleasant to anyone. Could people just not watch his stuff if they don't like it? Personally, I rather like his content, though I haven't watched it all.
Whatever you do, don't actually read the thread or else you might accidentally start to understand things.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Strolling into a 25 page thread to say this is pretty incredible.

Take the time to read the thread and see what your guy has said, if you still love him after that, that is on you.

retrocore9

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Is it a possiblity that Geoff and the Game Awards crew know the full extent of Boogie's statements but because of his huge popularity and Twitch presence they are inviting him anyway? I'm guessing they didn't know or look that deeply into it. They saw his popularity and considered him a big draw for the casual crowd.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another what? Your meaning, please?
Comes into a thread in which multiple people have posted videos in question evidencing boogies racism, sexism, and support foralt right nazis, fein ignorance of these videos despite posting in the thread they're posted in. Its so fucking typical in these threads and its hilarious that that's the attempt people make to excuse this nonsense.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff Keighley This true, Geoff? Please say it ain't so. Please don't be one of those white males who are relentlessly blind to the shit minorities go through.

Please?
I mean he keeps visiting this thread just from looking at his profile, he always knew.
This is the same guy that trended #FuckKonami due to their treatment of Kojima and yet hasn't (and won't) utter a word about Rockstar's inhumane treatment of their employees. He doesn't have the industry's best interest at heart. He's the same old doritos pope from years ago.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's easy to stick your head in the sand about someone who downplays mass harassment campaigns, equivocates feminists with neo-nazis and goes to bat for their buddies being cool with pure-blooded ethno-states/repeating supremacist rhetoric/saying the n-word in a "heated gamer moment" when they do it through the veneer of a vulnerable nice guy schtick.

Nut the fuck up, Geoff Keighley.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Read through the thread and educate yourself, first of all. Second, and I can't believe I'm saying this one again; yeah, I'm sure that women and minorities would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to just ignore people who wish them ill will and even death. I guess I should just turn off the TV whenever I see a Nazi like Trump on it, and that way the problem will just go away. I just need to ignore the content! it's so easy! Why would I not speak up against Nazis?

As an ally to the LGBTQ+, women and people of color, I can't just ignore this shit. Even though, as a white as fuck male, I easily good. I cannot in good faith do that. Sorry. I care more about my brothers and sisters than fucking video games. As much as I would love for them to be welcomed into this hobby as much as I am.

If you can read through this thread and still "like his content", then you need to do some soul searching.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Is it a possiblity that Geoff and the Game Awards crew know the full extent of Boogie's statements but because of his huge popularity and Twitch presence they are inviting him anyway? I'm guessing they didn't know or look that deeply into it. They saw his popularity and considered him a big draw for the casual crowd.

There's no way Geoff doesn't know. There's no good interpretation of him choosing to invite him.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
While true, your parents also aren't getting hate from every direction. Criticism is way too nice a term for the online abuse he gets.

He deserves every bit of criticism he gets, when it's actual legit criticism. But I see a lot of bully tactic bullshit mixed in there.

He was not being abused when he threatened to kill himself if we didn;t start being nicer to gamergaters dudes.

Just stop this nonsense.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Another person coming into the thread just to make a comment about how they don't know anything about this and how it doesn't affect them.
If you read some of the thread or even the OP you would see what the discussion is about.

You come in saying "well I've never seen him doing anything bad" when there is LITERALLY proof in the OP, meaning you haven't taken the time to read the thread at all before making a meaningless comment

Oct 27, 2017

Another person who ignores 25 pages worth of content that could easily answer their question as to why Boogie is so hated around her, yet wades into the thread anyway and "just asks questions".

Now you'll say that it wasn't your intention, that you come from a place of genuine ignorance, and so on and so forth. You know, "another one" of "those".

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fucking lol.

It's like there's a schedule or something.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

No its not possible they do not know at this point. There was similar outrage around E3 when Geoff had him on his show for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.