• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
This man speaks about oppression in terms of disability politics. He understands enough to have no excuses for this. The mental illness brigade needs to give it up. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Exactly. It's like the white people persecution complex conjecture. "The only actual oppression in the world is oppression against me".

And I say that as someone who is WASP af

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
boogie honestly may be the most comprehensively repulsive person in the industry. there's not a damn thing to like.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
ok got it thx

if that's the case then I don't know what the big deal is

To those of you who don't know what I mean, think of it this way -- are you going to boycott a public event just because some other visitors are conservative?

Like if you go to a big sports game, obviously you should know that not every fan in the stands is a progressive liberal. Or a Broadway show, or a park event, or a concert, etc
The big deal is Keighley and Cory Balrog calling Boogie a friend. Not that he is just tolerated, but also highlighted by the industry people like that.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That's Mike Michaud (Channel Awesome); I think they're talking about Mike Mattei (Cinemassacre).

I actually meant Mike Mattei, I just got the two angry old media dudes confused. My understanding was that Rowlfe didn't know much about video games to start with while Mike Mattei does; Mattei is half of the empire and is involved with everything.

Although in this case I'll note that I'm genuinely not too familiar with this particularly territory, I've only been reading up on them a bit recently.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm fucking tired of this neutral "well.....wait a-minute fellas let's calm down and just talk about it" BULLSHIT.

At this point of history, if you're still undecided, if you're still politically unmotivated or unaffiliated. Listen to me:

FUCK YOU.

There is straight up evil shit happening around you and you don't have the backbone to stand up and say: "No. This isn't alright."

At best you're a coward. At worst you're an enabler.

Oct 25, 2017

FUCK

What kind of asshole suggests that Boogie having mental illnesses makes it disgusting to criticize him?? Either they're implying that those with mental illnesses should be treated as children, or that mentally ill people cannot help but be bad people

And turns out that either one of those sentiments is a shitty thing to think, so pick your poison I guess?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
DosdoErXoAA0uuB.jpg

Possibly the dumbest tweet I've ever read.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't like the guy either but people ITT act like big personalities like Geoff are aware of every single thing that happens with every single person invited. Come the fuck on, stop judging people thinking that they are "actively supporting nazis" or shit like that. Is it that hard to realize they might not even know? It's not like all they do is use Twitter and browse Reddit / Resetera.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the guy either but people ITT act like big personalities like Geoff are aware of every single thing that happens with every single person invited. Come the fuck on, stop judging people thinking that they are "actively supporting nazis" or shit like that. Is it that hard to realize they might not even know? It's not like all they do is use Twitter and browse Reddit / Resetera.
It's kind of their job to know this stuff, and also this shit about boogie isn't exactly buried information.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Geoff has been told about boogie's bullshit for years. Give me a fucking break.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how every time I've refreshed this thread today there's been another uniquely heinous thing he's said or done posted that I hadn't seen posted in another thread about him.

That's what kills me about the fucking video game industry: the receipts are all right there staring at everyone in the face, yet we continue to allow these sacks of shit to flourish and peddle their bigoted views.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's what boogie is known for. Geoff probably knows.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
This dude is both a giant piece of shit and he looks like he needs real help.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

If they don't know, this thread is now a good starting point for knowing going forward. Some serious receipts in here.

Oct 25, 2017

When Boogie was nominated for trending gamer, he was already a lousy person. Geoff, guaranteed, has received direct messages from people telling him the kind of person Boogie is after that occurred.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread went from highlighting real issues to just shitting on all aspects of someone that clearly has mental issues from a traumatic childhood that I don't think anyone can imagine going through. Pretty disgusting imo.

This post is pretty offensive and disrespectful to the millions of people around the world who live with mental issues without becoming nazi apologists and bigots. 'No one can imagine'. Plenty of people suffered (and suffer) equal or worse and decided to be good people and not make the world a worse place. He actively shits on many of these people with his bigotry and hate.

Miss me with the pity party.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
That's what kills me about the fucking video game industry: the receipts are all right there staring at everyone in the face, yet we continue to allow these sacks of shit to flourish and peddle their bigoted views.

Don't worry. When the next black, or female, or trans person says anything remotely bad the rest of the gaming community will be there with pitchforks and a whole heap of new things to say.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Bruh that shit is known. It's well known enough to have memes about it.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I was surprised by the size of his platform when GG blew up.

It's not like its hard to find people talking about video games. It's not some precious resource where we all just have to make due with whatever shit's out there.

That Anne Frank thing makes me want to puke. This is a guy gets paid to talk for a living, jesus. Anyway, it's pretty easy not to give that show oxygen--the trailers will be everywhere

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Sources for everything I said that haven't had sources yet in this thread-

Boogie admitting 14 days ago he hired someone just to spite people and make money off her.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableInspiringPistachioAMPEnergy

(full thing- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/338266795?t=01h06m30s)

Boogie texting his ex-wife Dez the same time he was flaunting his new "friend" on YouTube and Twitter

Wait, what's the story here? Did his ex-wife out him with this text?

Oct 28, 2017
I actually meant Mike Mattei, I just got the two angry old media dudes confused. My understanding was that Rowlfe didn't know much about video games to start with while Mike Mattei does; Mattei is half of the empire and is involved with everything.

Although in this case I'll note that I'm genuinely not too familiar with this particularly territory, I've only been reading up on them a bit recently.
lol, I should have noticed - I'm up way too late. Yeah, that is pretty much right.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't think Geoff is incompetent.
It's not about being incompetent though. He's a very active entrepreneur, probably has thousands of things to worry about. Heck, I'm a peasant Systems Engineer working for a medium sized company and I have so much shit to do and remember that sometimes I wish I was just a kid again. Don't underestimate people's lack of availability and awareness to "Internet things". I'm pretty sure he's got a good answer for this if eventually asked.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
She deleted the Tweet it seems, but she tweeted it out with text saying -

"I sure do know how to pick my ex's".

Honestly not sure if that was a compliment or a passive aggressive insult

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Dude is a poster boy for why a lot of people who like games don't want to be called "gamers". All the way down to the neck beard and fake nice guy bullshit.

I think that's why most Boogie threads turn into a Boogie pinata. Not only an easy target, but one that should be taken down a notch or two.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about being incompetent though. He's a very active entrepreneur, probably has thousands of things to worry about. Heck, I'm a peasant Systems Engineer working for a medium sized company and I have so much shit to do and remember that sometimes I wish I was just a kid again. Don't underestimate people's lack of availability and awareness to "Internet things". I'm pretty sure he's got a good answer for this if eventually asked.

He had him on his e3 coverage this year dude. Geoff knows.

Geoff just does not fucking care.

Oct 25, 2017

To repeat, Boogie was already known for his shitty behavior when he was nominated for Trending Gamer, so it's not as simple as avoiding it. They did not look into his behavior when making that decision, and presumably ignored a lot of criticism involved in that decision.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say this thread is a bit off the rails though... Seems like the point's been driven already and it should probably be locked.

Nah, thread should be stickied at the top for easy access the next time some doofus asks "what did boogie ever do?"
I'm going to propose a theory:

this thread would be a lot shorter if the bigot didn't have people caping for him.

Thread would also be a lot shorter if the bigot didn't have such a deep history of saying bigoted bullshit.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He had him on his e3 coverage this year dude. Geoff knows.

Geoff just does not fucking care.

Boogie also has 4.5 million subscribers that don't care as well. Geoff knows boogie is popular, they are basically saying, who cares if he says awful and says some shady shit he's popular and we will just ignore that for our gain.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
I mean, a lot of posters are saying they didn't know to what extent this guy was a piece of shit, so it is still had educatinal merit, no?

I don't mean any disrespect by this post, I'm not the most articulate individual but, no. The amount of obsession and energy in this thread comes off as some sort of shared psychotic disorder.(not that it is one, but that's what it looks like externally) I'm not saying boogie is a good person but the obsession in this thread over some rando with no real influence or significant power comes off as incredibly unhealthy and makes a large part of the community look unstable. It's kinda embarrassing. There are better constructive ways to educate others than the attempt that's been displayed in this thread. 🙁 Again, I don't mean this in a condecending or disrespectful tone. I hope my words are not interpreted in a negative manner and that hopefully you can understand where I am coming from and what I am trying to portray. If he was presenting then I'd be inclined to agree with the tone of this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean any disrespect by this post, I'm not the most articulate individual but, no. The amount of obsession and energy in this thread comes off as some sort of shared psychotic disorder.(not that it is one, but that's what it looks like externally) I'm not saying boogie is a good person but the obsession in this thread over some rando with no real influence or significant power comes off as incredibly unhealthy and makes a large part of the community look unstable. It's kinda embarrassing. There are better constructive ways to educate others than the attempt that's been displayed in this thread. 🙁 Again, I don't mean this in a condecending or disrespectful tone. I hope my words are not interpreted in a negative manner and that hopefully you can understand where I am coming from and what I am trying to portray.
Yeah, you're coming across as inarticulate, disrespectful, lazy, and condescending. Read the thread.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mean any disrespect by this post, I'm not the most articulate individual but, no. The amount of obsession and energy in this thread comes off as some sort of shared psychotic disorder.(not that it is one, but that's what it looks like externally) I'm not saying boogie is a good person but the obsession in this thread over some rando with no real influence or significant power comes off as incredibly unhealthy and makes a large part of the community look unstable. It's kinda embarrassing. There are better constructive ways to educate others than the attempt that's been displayed in this thread. 🙁 Again, I don't mean this in a condecending or disrespectful tone. I hope my words are not interpreted in a negative manner and that hopefully you can understand where I am coming from and what I am trying to portray.

giphy.webp

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
If he didn't know before, Geoff has surely been informed in response to these tweets. So presumably you now expect Geoff to denounce Boogie?

New Username

Jul 12, 2018
This thread went from highlighting real issues to just shitting on all aspects of someone that clearly has mental issues from a traumatic childhood that I don't think anyone can imagine going through. Pretty disgusting imo.

I would suggest that maybe someone who is so fragile as a result of childhood trauma that they need a safe space from public scrutiny should consider not trying to make a living being an internet celebrity. No one is obligated to be a famous full-time YouTuber, and none of us are obligated to be politically correct.

Boogie is simultaneously one of the loudest, most obnoxious YouTube celebrities, and one of the stupidest. I'm not talking about his weird repulsive beliefs like how being a feminist who thinks video games should be more thoughtful is equivalent to being a nazi that is protesting to protest a monument to celebrity. I'm talking about the fact that he's one of the least coherent and articulate internet personalities in gaming or outside gaming. I have taught junior high and high school at various points, and wile 13 year olds are not very good at putting together a coherent point, they are more articulate than Boogie. I would be seriously surprised if he has ever read a book voluntarily. That his views are also odious is besides the point, although they are.

Moreover, his reputation for being "nice" is based on the mistaken impression that someone who cries and is soft must be kind. No, the opposite is true. Many of the people with the softest skins are the quickest to lash out. Boogie is unkind and behaves in a rude way.

So if you reach the conclusion that Boogie should retire because he's not in a mental health place to be exposed to the public, and I come to the conclusion that Boogie should retire because he's an asshole that makes the world a worse place, maybe we could meet in the middle. Wouldn't that be great?

Oct 26, 2017
This is embarrassingly nonsensical.

Good retort!

Surely someone like you who spends a lot of time on forums defending the honor of sycophants who prefer airing dirty laundry about a dev and his former employer in a show that "celebrates developers" (rather than showcasing a game from an indie dev who could actually use exposure) won't begrudge me for being embarrassing.

Enjoy your two hour Keighley infomercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.