• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017

What do you guys think?

summarize of video basically:

* He believes price won't increase.
* He thinks that they suck you in with micro transactions and live services like GTA. (mentions Rock Star a lot)
*He believes GAAS will be the future model for many games.

Last edited:

Farsi

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, Boogie sees both sides of the equation.

also no, they shouldn't. I'm good with the season pass model.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope.
That's why they have "deluxe" editions and season passes and shit like that.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm surprised He didn't say we should compromise on the price and we actually pay the developers ourselves to make all games but still don't get to play then.

Oct 27, 2017
There's tons of great games for €35 or less, so unless I really want to support the dev, no need to bother buying more expensive games

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Considering they're routinely being sold in incomplete status both content and performance wise, no. They really shouldn't.

sharpforprez

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing is ever going to beat DLC over a game's lifespan. In which case we only need for the content to be worth it and not shit plucked from the main game. If they want to go that route then fine, but charge more for the game and make it it's own version from day 1.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
No. That's what DLC and other transactions are for. That's third degree price discrimination. If you increase the base price that stuff will persist.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Spoiler,

"I can't think or make a decision for myself on this topic so I'll list both sides arguments and leave it at that."

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did boogie said that games should cost less than 60 dollars but that also they should be more than 60, so in the end it will be better if they reached the middle ground of 60 dollars?

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Bruh its 79.99 already in Canada, so hell naw. I will not pay for a 99.99 video game. Unless its a console like SNES Classic. Or a handheld device like a Vita/3Ds.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
AAA Publishers don't actually want to raise the price of a game anymore. They're more interested in building as large a user base as possible that they can monetise with post launch content.

If anything they're all working on ways to reduce the $60 barrier to entry.

But of course don't expect f2p in the AAA console space any time soon when millions are more than happy to buy a game at $60 or $80 on day 1.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
The thread has already be derailed. I expect most posts to be about the presenter rather than the actual content. And that's disappointing.

Boogie makes some interesting points that would be nice to discuss.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the development costs and break-even unit sales number.

Simple economics, this is not a yes/no answer.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather not give Boogie a click, can you make some bullets on his points?
Or does he not have a stance like always?

As for whether or not I think they should charge more, I don't agree.
With digital they're already profiting more on average than before. They're also appealing to a wider audience. Charging $70-80 doesn't mean you'll get the same amount of sales.
Fewer people will buy games which isn't really where the industry should be heading.
It's also foolish to think publishers would drop micro transactions as well. They'll charge more per game and profit more from dlc/micro transactions

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"We want to pay $60, but pubs want us to pay $100. Why don't we just meet in the middle and pay $80? The middle is such a great place to be"

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too familiar with Boogie, just his gimmicky freakout videos where he plays his character. What exactly did he do to earn the ire of so many people here?

On topic, increase the price only if it means less microtransaction BS, which it won't.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not.

I'd be fine with $70/80 games if that was accompanied by the end of all the anti-consumer bullshit that's been poisoning the industry the last decade, but it wouldn't. Publishers are simply too greedy.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had no problem with games costing 99 bucks. I feel like some people who preorder games are often so convinced about them, that they even preorder some kind of special edition, either to get extra content or early access and already pay that much, or more. On the other hand, people who do not want to spend retail prices wait for a sale anyways and those are plenty. I mean there are weekly sales on every plattform and like bi-monthly megasales at the big PC marketplaces, as well as like 6 big sales on console plattforms.

Games became so cheap in the last couple of years to the extent that I really had no problem if they raised in price. Also, gaming subscription seem to become a thing..

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
For fuck's sake...NO! We effectively pay $100 or more thanks to DLC, season passes and microtransactions. This has been known for years.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm not too familiar with Boogie, just his gimmicky freakout videos where he plays his character. What exactly did he do to earn the ire of so many people here?

On topic, increase the price only if it means less microtransaction BS, which it won't.
He wants us to be friends with racists and Nazis and learn from them.
Not even a joke.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
The thread has already be derailed. I expect most posts to be about the presenter rather than the actual content. And that's disappointing.

Boogie makes some interesting points that would be nice to discuss.
Feel free to bring up what these points are if you want to discuss them but I severely doubt he was able to come up with anything original or something that hasn't already been said by people who are much more in the know and better at doing research on this subject then he is.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
"We want to pay $60, but pubs want us to pay $100. Why don't we just meet in the middle and pay $80? The middle is such a great place to be"
So I actually watched the video. He pretty much says games can stay $60 because it isn't a case of publishers wanting to double their money, but wanting all the money. It's a less angry Jim Sterling stance.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the dude lost like a few tons of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.