• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
3769-65f69379-3245-4b22-9d69-838b88cc48ee.png

I'm going to need a bit of a walkthrough for this one

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Did the little girl order that bottle of water with her phone?

Is the adult woman implying she is going to drink pool water?

So many questions.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is the girl supposed to be holding a bottle of water or smart phone? Whichever it is that punchline doesn't make sense. If it's a water bottle, I'm not sure how acting like having access to a pool full of Chlorine that people swim in daily is some kind of comeback to someone needing a portable drink. If it's a phone then that punchline is even more out there because, why the fuck are you even brining up access to a pool for someone carrying a phone?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Is the girl supposed to be holding a bottle of water or smart phone? Whichever it is that punchline doesn't make sense. If it's a water bottle, I'm not sure how acting like having access to a pool full of Chlorine that people swim in daily is some kind of comeback to someone needing a portable drink. If it's a phone then that punchline is even more out there because, why the fuck are you even brining up access to a pool for someone carrying a phone?

this is signed 2010. what was happening in 2010 with water and technology.

is this how hbomberguy accidentally makes an hour long video essay. does it start like this

edit: well, i came back after a bit of digging. good on you, edit-maker.

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I love a boomer comic where the reaction is just confusion at wtf the artist was even trying to say lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I can think of is the kid is asking the mum to buy her a bottle of water.

Bottled water is seen as some kind of millenial extravagance.

Instead of pulling out her bank card, which would be what the child needs her to use to buy the water, she pulls out the pool pass.

While also slipping in a "kids are always using electronics" too maybe (in the clunkiest way).

I've a feeling the answer is going to be simpler and my brain is just unable to translate this for some reason, lol.

Or it's an edit.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
This has gotta be an edit. "GALLONS OF WATER" is quite blurry which it shouldn't be, even with emphasis. Also "POOL PASS" looks way more aliased than the rest of the text.

Replying to myself. I remember this comic now. The girl's holding a phone or Kindle or something and it's actually: "...thousands of books." "It's a library card."

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
I'll give them credit, the water bottle is really well edited in.

But on the other hand, what is the purpose of the edit? This feels like deciphering ancient cave paintings.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure that one really fits - it's actually quite sweet and isn't mocking the younger person or technology?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
unnamed.png

My Boomer dad sent me this one via email.

I think I actually like this one. It's not talking down one way or another, but shows how things change with the passage of time.

Like it fits because we've all been there! For me with the toy of some sort needing batteries, then as a teen, helping my parents with the new DVD player or what not.

Edit: And to add to THAT. Even though I think I have my pulse on technology, my kids are doing stuff that it's taking me longer to get around or realize how to do.