• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
KkvkGAZ.jpg
Damn, I wanna move there.

Oct 25, 2017

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
This is homophobic right? Or is it racist?
Both?
The dude in pink pants looks excited and is coded gay so homophobic for sure. I'm not aware of any "black people have huge hands" stereotypes but I think it's safe to assume it's racist as well.

The kids swiping at books and paintings and shit keeps showing up in these. I feel like there was a news story some years ago where toddlers were handed books and they tapped and swiped at them like tablets and phones and it seems these artists exaggerated that one instance of bad parenting into a sign that all young people forgot what books are.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
HOW DO YOU TURN ON THIS OLD, PAPER COMPUTER

KIDS THESE DAYS AMIRITE

Oct 27, 2017
The kids swiping at books and paintings and shit keeps showing up in these. I feel like there was a news story some years ago where toddlers were handed books and they tapped and swiped at them like tablets and phones and it seems these artists exaggerated that one instance of bad parenting into a sign that all young people forgot what books are.
I'm 33 and I did this with a paper calendar last year. Tried to zoom in by doing the finger expand motion. My friend caught me in the act and has never let it go.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
The sheep implies the destruction of the traditional marriage brought on by the legalization of gay marriage. This conservative talking point was pretty popular back in the day. Gays marrying -> slippery slope -> bestiality or some shit.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The dude in pink pants looks excited and is coded gay so homophobic for sure. I'm not aware of any "black people have huge hands" stereotypes but I think it's safe to assume it's racist as well.

Prostate exams are almost always coded in a homophobic light. Remember the Family Guy episode where Peter goes for his exam and believes the doctor was actually raping him? That was basically saying the quiet part out loud.

The sheep implies the destruction of the traditional marriage brought on by the legalization of gay marriage. This conservative talking point was pretty popular back in the day. Gays marrying -> slippery slope -> bestiality or some shit.

It's still a popular go-to, unfortunately. It's not that hard going to some gaming message board and seeing people demonize gay marriage as a gateway to legal bestiality and even legal pedophilia (because of course that chestnut still gets airtime as well).

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not really sure what point the 1998 panel is trying to make but the 2018 panel actually has some relevance. There's so much fun shit to do inside and I love playing video games and watching cartoons with my 6 year old but I do have to be responsible for both our sake and get some outside time too.
They'd need to go back further than 98 too, 98 was ps1 prime time. It's saying you used to have to drag kids back home, now you need to drag them outside.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure what point the 1998 panel is trying to make but the 2018 panel actually has some relevance. There's so much fun shit to do inside and I love playing video games and watching cartoons with my 6 year old but I do have to be responsible for both our sake and get some outside time too.
It's getting the kids inside because they just want to go play outside all day and don't want to come home.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
They'd need to go back further than 98 too, 98 was ps1 prime time. It's saying you used to have to drag kids back home, now you need to drag them outside.
Ahhh right. But yeah mid to late 90's was some great gaming time. I spent whole summers playing Everquest, Warcraft 2, and Diablo.

Oct 26, 2017
Weird most of the boomers I encounter are constantly on their phone or iPad posting on Facebook and playing one of the million digital slot machine games. So of course this is all projection.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but feel the kids not knowing how to use books is projection. Let's face it, most of them prefer books cause they can't figure out how to use phones, tablets or PCs.

I've always wondered how someone could attempt to use a phone or PC every day for years and be just as clueless as the day they first tried it, but it's a pretty regular thing for them.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
WbPbFG0.jpg

fsfVdaR.jpg

KkvkGAZ.jpg

Actually, that last one is pretty awesome. I'd love a cloning-on-demand service. I'm not seeing very many problems with that "future liberals want" they came up with to spook boomers.

Also god forbid gay people kiss in public.
i love how they think people on the left revere Clinton like those on the right do with trump, Reagan, etc..