• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Y1Qbvtn.gif

qKcIQke.jpg

iogx3ex.png

aSXXVbl.jpg

NZFzYFV.jpg

This last one is especially stupid. "The damn kids and their tablets made Sears go out of business!! Fucking millennials!" is the most boomer take of all time.

Post your boomer comics.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The Pokemon creatures one is one of my favourite things. It has no subtlety or point and is clearly written by someone who just heard about Pokemon GO on the news

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are truly painful.

Imagine drawing cartoons for a living and being this dreadful of a person.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Not knowing that Pokémon Go characters are just called Pokémon.

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean a lot of you sound like this in any thread about streaming, esports, genres invented after the ps2 gen, etc

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reminded of the time during the height of the Pokemon Go craze where some random old lady walked up to my friends and I in a Burger King at midnight to ask us if there was some kind of cash reward for catching them all. We weren't even playing or talking Pokemon Go, we were just working through the evening and went for a late dinner.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
Some vintage boomer-complaining about videogames from the early 1980s, around the Pac-Man craze:

hOguE1o.jpg

JxKUR10.jpg

Y5DNcHy.jpg

This is back when parents were super scared about the evil Pac-Man machines that were turning their daughters into degenerates that hung out at arcades with shady boys.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing more satisfying than Boomers thinking today's generation is soft cuz they don't want to fight and die in wars.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
If kids don't know how books work I'd assume it's an issue with the people who are supposed to be in charge of managing their education but go off oldass comic authors.

Deleted member 31199

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Some of those are kind of funny. What would be more hilarious however, is someone drawing an Archie Bunker type drawing at a desk in his basement with Sean Hannity on in the background.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I mean-none of these have one bit of wit. There's nothing clever to say.

Are they literally suggesting that no young people have signed up for military service??

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Sears catalog thing is such a weird ass take. Those catalogs had already been irrelevant for more than a generation now, so they can't possibly be related to Sears' demise.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
can't believe we are more than a decade in with these people whining about kids and their smartphones. Only thing that has changed is they moved on from Angry Birds to Pokemon Go, which like is that even the dominant mobile game at the moment?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The beautiful irony of all the "DUMB MILLENIALS CAN'T READ" jokes is that the author(s) fails to see the shortcomings of their own generations parenting

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
can't believe we are more than a decade in with these people whining about kids and their smartphones. Only thing that has changed is they moved on from Angry Birds to Pokemon Go, which like is that even the dominant mobile game at the moment?
Well, not all these images are new. Some are from the 90s, some from the 80s, and the Pokemon Go ones were from the brief craze.

Example of what I mean:

FvUAJiD.jpg

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you kinda have to cut newspaper cartoonists a little bit of slack here. They're forced to come up with a drawing and a new timely joke for every single day of the week -- of course some of them are going to be stupid and dated and silly hot takes. If someone went back a decade and looked at what you were posting on MySpace/LiveJournal/NeoGAF it would probably be pretty stupid too.