• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they are totally oblivious to the fact that they are the ones who made the world what it is today. If anything their parents are rolling in their graves at how bad they fucked up.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
ke6umgz69thwlquuznf0.jpg

This one is from The Onion

DnEN-KHX4AIb-Ow.jpg

Can we just have an entire thread for Kelly Comics?

Oct 27, 2017
They're (bad) satire that often include lots of exaggeration. Not really things to be interpreted literally. Maybe I'm interpreting some of these responses too literally, but millennials indignantly defending themselves from satirical cartoons via literal interpretation of the joke is a comic that draws itself.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A bunch of these describe my dad's attitude when I was growing up. I loved technology and learning stuff about it but he hated it and kept me away from it as much as possible. Probably part of the reason I'm learning to code at 33.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
The Greatest Generation would probably me more ashamed with how their boomer children came out then the millennials.
One of the many great things about King of the Hill is how the boomer parent constantly whines about how weird and dumb his millennial son is, only for it to turn out that his Greatest Generation father thinks he's the weird and dumb one and unquestioningly loves his millennial grandson for who he is.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know who this kelly guy is, but he must have been some kind of loser when he was young. Also who considers someone sophisticated for owning a ton of DVDs. When I was a kid anyone with a giant wall of DVDs was considered weird.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
People keep falling for those Onion comics like moths to a flame. I can't tell whether everyone saying "RAP BAND" is in on the joke or not.

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
This one is my favorite. It's like every one of these comics put together in a music video.
It really makes me think.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I wanna be like my neighbor when im old. He's 70, has an oculus rift, and makes a bunch of funny sex jokes. He even knows about shaggy memes. Please life, don't make me boring when I'm that age.

Although, he never had kids so maybe that has something to do with it.
I think it does. I have no kids, but my younger sis is married with kids, and trust me, she is way "older" than me. I often answer with a "WTF?" to her old person rants.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I can't hate. This is cyclical. Generational wars that is.

One of the biggest smartphone addicts in my family is my grandmother, btw lol. So these cartoons are way out of base. We're all addicts these days.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The interesting thing about the Bizarro cartoon is that the artist is a Gen X'er.

He's also fairly progressive politically. He used Bizarro to express support for same sex marriage back in 2005. And he's used it for other leftist ideas too from time to time.
So this "kids these days" comic is just a bit odd from him.
It's one of only two comics I read growing up, heh.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't hate. This is cyclical. Generational wars that is.

One of the biggest smartphone addicts in my family is my grandmother, btw lol. So these cartoons are way out of base. We're all addicts these days.

I wouldn't really say we're addicts, at least most people. Phones are just part of our daily lives now because they replace the things we used to do in a more convenient way in a single device.

It's why all those strips of someone reading a newspaper and poking fun at someone on their phone are daft, because those same newspapers have websites and social media accounts that are faster and more up to date. I don't even know why you'd read a newspaper any more. Everything in them is already old news by the time they go to print.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I wouldn't really say we're addicts, at least most people. Phones are just part of our daily lives now because they replace the things we used to do in a more convenient way in a single device.

It's why all those strips of someone reading a newspaper and poking fun at someone on their phone are daft, because those same newspapers have websites and social media accounts that are faster and more up to date. I don't even know why you'd read a newspaper any more. Everything in them is already old news by the time they go to print.
Every time I see my grandmother, she asks me if I "take the paper." The last time this happened, I tried explaining this as politely as possible, but ultimately, I was still saying, "I mean, I guess I could buy a printer, print off the news, wait a full day, and then read it, but what would be the point?"

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The comics/memes or whatever about them saying "well when I was your age I was serving my country and fighting Nazis!" are so fucking stupid.

Yeah well we aren't at war now bud, so wtf do you want me to do.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The comics/memes or whatever about them saying "well when I was your age I was serving my country and fighting Nazis!" are so fucking stupid.

Yeah well we aren't at war now bud, so wtf do you want me to do.

To be fair, they aren't saying that they fought Nazis, they're just propping up the generation that did because their own generation has nothing to brag about. Their parents and grandparents fought the Nazis, but boomers lived dangerously by... not wearing seatbelts.

I can appreciate those ones because they're the closest thing to self-awareness we'll ever get from them.