• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PJTLaER.jpg

Perfect.
LOL. Men probably did dick pics in Morse code then.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Go seems to have really stuck with a lot of the people of that generation for whatever reason. My parents also bring it up occasionally.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Some of these are pretty pathetic. I feel bad for whoever enjoys reading this type of comic let alone believes half the bullshit in them.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Ironically, I've met more people over the age of 30 who seem to pride themselves on not reading or choosing television and binging YT over anything educational. Meanwhile my girlfriend's daughter is constantly begging me to read her a story or will go off on her own and pull books down from shelves to "read" (she's 3) or look at pictures.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People will always complain about the latest generation, it's how things work. Some of these are pretty egregious though. But I mean, I'm a 30 year old teacher and I fall into this line of thinking with my students sometimes as well. It's hard not to when they are constantly trying to sneak on their phones in class, or when I hear them complain about how they don't have any free time but then I see them discussing their Screen Time stats.

That Nancy comic with the teacher playing video games all the time is right on point though. Do as I say, not as I do.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
What's this obsession with signing up for the military? Like, are they pushing for a stratocracy? What about people who can't serve? Do they become second class citizens?

And defending our rights to protest? I don't see the military staging a coup to take the ones who are actively trying to strip our rights to protest away.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I literally don't get what this is. Is it like some hyper specific and untraceable brand of satire or like
Hmm, let's see... oddly specific barely relatable "us vs. them" message, plea to share far and wide, "you're" and "Facebook" are both spelled wrong... horrible font choices, pixelated and re-compressed as fuck, improperly scaled/stretched base image, ad for some no-name group at the bottom... yup, it has all the hallmarks of a brain-dead boomer image meme. That, or a damned good parody 😂

And people like to shit on reddit memes... they must not spend much time on Facebook if they do.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, let's see... oddly specific barely relatable "us vs. them" message, plea to share far and wide, "you're" and "Facebook" are both spelled wrong... horrible font choices, pixelated and re-compressed as fuck, improperly scaled/stretched base image, ad for some no-name group at the bottom... yup, it has all the hallmarks of a brain-dead boomer image meme. That, or a damned good parody 😂

And people like to shit on reddit memes... they must not spend much time on Facebook if they do.

Don't forget "labtop"

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Meh, I would hold our tongues and wait til we are old and dont understand shit that kids are doing. It happens to all of us.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
"Damn kids these days won't fucking go outside!"
*Pokemon Go gets masses of kids and adults outside and walking*
"NO!!! NOT like that!"

Like sorry kids don't give a shit about a moldy log cabin lmao.
Having been to Lincoln's -childhood home- (which is a different moldy log cabin)

I can confirm that kids are going to look back much more fondly on the times you forcibly dragged them on tours through cave systems than the times you carted them around to look at vague symbols of patriotism.

Gift shops are better at the caves, too. If I'd had a mobile phone as a kid even I would have put that crap down to look at the loot.

Like no one cares about this stuff at a young age, it's just that a couple generations ago children were bored out of their minds and forced on pain of physical punishment to pretend they enjoyed literally anything put in front of them. Just take your kids to a science museum instead of tormenting them and stop whining about how technology is ruining their lives.

Or. . .wait. Science would be the opposite of what boomers actually want to teach younger generations. Nevermind.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I literally don't get what this is. Is it like some hyper specific and untraceable brand of satire or like
It's definitely satire, though an odd brand of it that doesn't work for me. I think the "loaded up with the latest screensavers" should, if nothing else, be the dead giveaway. I'm not sure how old you'd have to be, or who you'd have to be, to write that out in earnest.

I looked at that FB page, and all their posts are similar (including the frequent misspelling of words). For example, this:

21151556_1460867573981337_3235084829134993958_n.jpg

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
It's definitely satire, though an odd brand of it that doesn't work for me. I think the "loaded up with the latest screensavers" should, if nothing else, be the dead giveaway. I'm not sure how old you'd have to be, or who you'd have to be, to write that out in earnest.

I looked at that FB page, and all their posts are similar (including the frequent misspelling of words). For example, this:

21151556_1460867573981337_3235084829134993958_n.jpg
There's an absurdist bent to a lot of these that I find really, really funny.

Facebook memes astound me at times by how stupid they are. Straight parody isn't quite enough, you need a little extra something to make them funny.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
There's an absurdist bent to a lot of these that I find really, really funny.

Facebook memes astound me at times by how stupid they are. Straight parody isn't quite enough, you need a little extra something to make them funny.
The one I shared made me laugh much more than the first one, yeah.

Also, in addition to what you said, politics in America has grown so fucking absurd on its own, you really have to work to satirize it.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
You could write the funniest comic imaginable but my hate for this art style would override it.

Seriously why are they always so ugly.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The comics/memes or whatever about them saying "well when I was your age I was serving my country and fighting Nazis!" are so fucking stupid.

Yeah well we aren't at war now bud, so wtf do you want me to do.

This entire attitude of "well, back in my day" irritates me to no end. We're supposed to PROGRESS as a society. Things are supposed to get BETTER and EASIER for everyone. It's WHY YOU FOUGHT IN A WAR. If you could make life carefree for your children, so they never had to worry about money or healthcare or a job, WOULDN'T YOU?? Goddamn.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
This one is kind of funny and true though. I remember when Pokemon Go first came out, I was at Disney World and saw a lot of people more interested in catching Pokemon than riding rides or enjoying other attractions. That comic doesn't seem as mean spirited as the others.

Don't blame them. Those rickety old rides are shit, with the exception of Captain EO, though I guess that's ruined now too.