• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I see someone already posted the perfection that is MS Sonic 1's Bridge Zone, so have some Gold/Silver:

Really most all of the original GB Pokémon music is fantastic.

EDIT: Changed it to Goldenrod, much more upbeat.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Kinda disappointed that no one has mentioned this yet. This track gets me all hyped to slay some mudder fudging baddies!

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like these
e: I guess Abadox isn't all that upbeat and cheerful so have some smurfs

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on your opinion of the pc engine being 8 or 16bit, but I am going to throw it in anyways.

Devil's Crush

Dungeon Explorer (opening)

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
I know the entirety was posted three messages ago, but most of the soundtrack is pretty chill. Great to listen to, but not particularly boppin'. That said, the boss theme always gets me pumped.

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The GameBoy version of this game has already been mentioned but it must be known that this track is a total banger as well.

Lysistrata

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paradise Lost
Firefly on the 48k Spectrum. An amazing sound on the title screen with keyboard animation. Considering how pathetic the spectrum sound chip was, this was totally unexpected.

Second part even better.

Last edited:

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Mega Man 4 Game Boy

Batman NES

Love all the Follin stuff on the first page guys a beast.

DrSopa

Oct 27, 2017

FTW!!

Cheetahmen_title_screen.png

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I loved this song that starts at 0:08, recorded it on tape with a microphone and listened to it over and over and over, driving my mother nuts. Even this day when I hear it's "FUCK YEAH!"

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just reminded of the fantastic Street Fighter 2010 soundtrack.

I'm breaking my own thread rules in a way here, but there's also a ridiculously good cover of it.

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I've always been a fan of Sunset Park Act 3 From Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble.

Possibly the best music for a Game Gear game, it starts playing right after you beat Act 2, starting Act 3 out of nowhere, where you are tasked to beat Marve Shupopolus-Gou.

Wowww the memories, I haven't heard this track in at least 20 years. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of this, getting those nostalgic vibes right now.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if it's boppin, but this one always gets me pumped. Shame it's so little known.

Poemkin

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been a fan of Sunset Park Act 3 From Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble.

Possibly the best music for a Game Gear game, it starts playing right after you beat Act 2, starting Act 3 out of nowhere, where you are tasked to beat Marve Shupopolus-Gou.

Now that's a certified bop. Always loved the SMS/GG 'beat'.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How would you class it? it has an 8-bit cpu but 16-bit graphics...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmmm. It was marketed as a 16 bit system, at least in the west, so that's what I'd call it by instinct, but I don't actually know enough about the hardware to really know what I'm talking about I suppose.
Ah well. The more jams the better, at any rate.