• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well actually people have been using poop as manure for a long time; you might have heard the term night soil. Agriculturists worry that untreated poop can pass along pathogens along with chemicals from medicine and metals from our diet. Human waste can be treated and there's two tiers apparently based on if microbes attack it or if it's heat treated.

I'd rather use manure/fertilizer from other animals like cows, horses, or bat's who don't have such a bad diet as most of us. So you can use our poop but it's kinda nasty.

Refer to the recent Mark Watney biography.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Not likely, the traveler blacklist by the CCP was not useful im chamging behavior for traveler

I imagine this is their last time being able to leave the country.

I dont know how you bump your crediit back up from this event. Its embarrassing to China.

Thats like having collection reports on yoir credit score.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I meant 100 metres squared. Shit is confusing but:
A "square metre" is not the same thing as a "metre square" [2] - although it is true that exactly 1 square metre is exactly 1 meter square. But that only works for the numbers 1 and 0; no others.

For example, a square that is 2 metres long and 2 metres wide has 4 square metres of area.

2m * 2m = 4m2

But a square that is 4 metres squared would have 4 metres on each side. This means it would have 16 square metres of area.

4m * 4m = 16m2

That is, (4m)2 is 4 meters squared, whereas 4m2 is 4 square meters.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
The beach I regularly go to had no public bathrooms. Every summer I would see people, usually teenagers from out of town, ignore the "no trespassing, fragile ecosystem" signs and walk up into the dunes to shit. After YEARS of trying to stop people they finally just put in some port o potties and started building a public restroom near the public section of beach.

People are gross no matter where they come from.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Another example of why Chinese tourists have a terrible reputation.

I've only experienced Chinese folks behaving badly once. Not sure if they were tourists.

We were at a farmer's field picking strawberries and this whole family was picking along side us. The way it works is you pick, take the cartons to the stand, they weigh them, then you pay.

Well this family kids, parents and grandparents thought it would be fine to just eat their fill while they picked. They definitely ate double what they picked. Pissed me off to no end. Just cheating the hard working farmers out of their profits. So selfish.

I'm sure lots of families do that to an extent. But these folks really went overboard.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The beach I regularly go to had no public bathrooms. Every summer I would see people, usually teenagers from out of town, ignore the "no trespassing, fragile ecosystem" signs and walk up into the dunes to shit. After YEARS of trying to stop people they finally just put in some port o potties and started building a public restroom near the public section of beach.

People are gross no matter where they come from.
Sounds like the beach solved the problem that they created by not having bathrooms.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chinese Tourist, White Woman and Florida Man 3-way fight on PPV. Let's do it!

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
When i was in iceland a bus full of mainland chinese tourists pulled off to look at the moss covered lava rocks and a bunch if them went beyond the ropes to stand on the rocks (you aren't supposed to the moss is fragile) and stood on top of them to take pictures. I was so mad

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Reading that first-time mainland Chinese tourists whose travel restrictions were only lifted in 2007 are mainly coming from rural or isolated areas where traditional Western social etiquette is not observed, where public restrooms are a rarity, squatting is the main method, and they don't understand English to observe customs and rules, their behaviour while really bad has some understanding to it. There seem to be a lot of stories where the tourists being Chinese is just assumed and feeds into the discrimination. From my anecdotes, the Chinese tourists I've seen can be quite rude or entitled but it will keep on getting better as there's more education, more Chinese-friendly tourist information, and more frequent travelers.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
I've only experienced Chinese folks behaving badly once. Not sure if they were tourists.

We were at a farmer's field picking strawberries and this whole family was picking along side us. The way it works is you pick, take the cartons to the stand, they weigh them, then you pay.

Well this family kids, parents and grandparents thought it would be fine to just eat their fill while they picked. They definitely ate double what they picked. Pissed me off to no end. Just cheating the hard working farmers out of their profits. So selfish.

I'm sure lots of families do that to an extent. But these folks really went overboard.

I am Chinese myself and I cringe a lot when I am abroad. I've been to Boracay and other places in the Philippines, I hear the locals complain about Chinese tourist more than other Asian travelers. I facepalm every time I hear these stories.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I was in the Shanghai and in the subway, some kid needed to pee. His parents gave him a plastic bag to pee in in the subway. Once they got off the stop, they just tossed the bag of pee to the side of the subway platform.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
It astonishes me that this needs to be said. Is this article actually true?
I've seen it in a resort in Thailand. Mainland Chinese old man needed to poo and just dropped trou at the beach near a palm tree. Seen lots of Chinese moms just let their kids pee anywhere and way too many just hock a loogie and spit.
Tourist etiquette should be a course before they leave the country. What's bad is they travel in packs and so education is seemingly never given.
The mainland folks I've met on my trips who don't travel in packs are pretty good though.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Reading that first-time mainland Chinese tourists whose travel restrictions were only lifted in 2007 are mainly coming from rural or isolated areas where traditional Western social etiquette is not observed, where public restrooms are a rarity, squatting is the main method, and they don't understand English to observe customs and rules, their behaviour while really bad has some understanding to it. There seem to be a lot of stories where the tourists being Chinese is just assumed and feeds into the discrimination. From my anecdotes, the Chinese tourists I've seen can be quite rude or entitled but it will keep on getting better as there's more education, more Chinese-friendly tourist information, and more frequent travelers.

The problem is that the only way for those people to travel (and get a tourist visa) in most countries is if they travel with a group. So you can go to Europe for literally 600€ per person (flight+hotels included), travel to 10 countries in 7 days (they try to earn the money by getting the tourist into souvenir shops the travel agency has contracts with) and the most people in those tours are poor people, who never learnt manners, since in rural china its "fine".

Most of the time, in my experience, individual chinese tourists or couples are mostly well educated and you dont really notice that behaviour.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The problem is that the only way for those people to travel (and get a tourist visa) in most countries is if they travel with a group. So you can go to Europe for literally 600€ per person (flight+hotels included), travel to 10 countries in 7 days (they try to earn the money by getting the tourist into souvenir shops the travel agency has contracts with) and the most people in those tours are poor people, who never learnt manners, since in rural china its "fine".

Most of the time, in my experience, individual chinese tourists or couples are mostly well educated and you dont really notice that behaviour.
Yup, true about group behaviour.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
It's easy to be glib about the response but human poo is vile and if someone gets sick then the lawsuits come very fast. I belong to a local pool with a kiddie area, and a couple times every summer there is a swim diaper malfunction. When poo enters the kiddie pool it is shut down for hours. That's just how it goes. No one wants to be touching human poo.