• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

steam://install/872280 (direct link, which indicates it's free)

Screenshots album https://imgur.com/a/UtflKRy

Description:

Return to the award winning shooter-looter for a new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault's map has been stolen and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. Fight new bosses, explore new zones, get new loot (including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary) and join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on ruling the planet

Returning players can pursue an increased level cap of 80, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action.

Last edited:

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Really wonder what the requirements are going to be? Will I need at least a play through 1 complete character?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
If you've got a PC version of Borderlands 2, you might as well install and play.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
aaaaaaaaa

i really want to play through this but i don't want to get burnt out before BL3

probably just watch a YT playthrough or smth

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Well I wasn't planning on going through BL2 again, but seeing how it's free with PS+...

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is Randy Pitchford still the CEO of Gearbox?

He is?

Well.. Guess Borderlands is still staying off my PC

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was able to get to the page by clicking the Twitter link, but now it always brings me to the Steam homepage...?

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
it says you can start it from the beginning at level 30

and it increases the level cap from 72 to 80, wow

Yeesh. o_o This is not going to be a Headhunter-esque add-on, is it? The title scheme does imply it to have at least as much content as the primary four DLC campaigns, but getting a fifth campaign for free is kind of amazing.

Now to decide which of my Lv50+ characters to play this with...

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Completely surprised in a good way to hear about this.

I might need to redownload the Handsome Collection and give this a spin. What a crazy idea, bridging the plot between games with new DLC just before the new game launches. I mean, l loved that Dragon Age put some DLC that set the stage for DA4, but that was years ago, when the game was still "live." This is a surprse on a whole other level.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You always get redirected to the homepage if a product does not have a store page set up, as is the case here
Ok, but that still doesn't explain how I was able to see it the first time. I closed the window too fast and missed the screenshots/details. :(

Edit : Uh... looks like I just had to turn back Steam into French. Weird.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing Borderlands 2 more than ever the past few weeks. Even more content is amazing, especially such a long time after the games release!

I'm liking this approach to make a bridge into the third game with Borderlands 2, and further increasing the level cap along a new tier of weapons will bring even more breath of life into the game, if true. Very exciting stuff.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
You always get redirected to the homepage if a product does not have a store page set up, as is the case here
it had a store page set up, but it's down now.

Screenshots album https://imgur.com/a/UtflKRy

Description:

Return to the award winning shooter-looter for a new adventure that sets the stage for the upcoming Borderlands 3. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault's map has been stolen and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. Fight new bosses, explore new zones, get new loot (including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary) and join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on ruling the planet

Returning players can pursue an increased level cap of 80, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah. My friends and I started fresh characters and beat the story a couple of weeks ago. Let's go

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Explains why they were so aggressive with giving away the handsome collection.

Honestly pretty cool to see such a weird dlc drop even if it's ultimately to drum you up for the next game.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Rainbooow.

ss_dbdf805216fd15727eef2715b4dd3a115bd4bb39.1920x1080.jpg

ss_e7f709d6fb856c2fd53ff1fa7b165b4439d51bbf.1920x1080.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Boy it was a smart idea to pull a ultra hype job with games that are on separate storefronts for 6 months. That aside, it seems like those rumors were true, which is neat.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ok, but that still doesn't explain how I was able to see it the first time. I closed the window too fast and missed the screenshots/details. :(

Edit : Uh... looks like I just had to turn back Steam into French. Weird.
Yeah, I can confirm that it works when you change languages into French. Don't know why the French page is up but the English one isn't, though

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
FOR FREEEEE. i've been thinking of playing some of this again, but kinda just want to wait for 3 instead.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Awesome that it's free!

Haven't properly started on BL2 but tempted to do so (waiting for a new pc lol)

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Completely surprised in a good way to hear about this.

I might need to redownload the Handsome Collection and give this a spin. What a crazy idea, bridging the plot between games with new DLC just before the new game launches. I mean, l loved that Dragon Age put some DLC that set the stage for DA4, but that was years ago, when the game was still "live." This is a surprse on a whole other level.
i think it is actually a good marketing strategy for the reason 1 it bring good will and 2 it sort of keeps the game fresh even when their is not much going on marketing wise till right before launch.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Actually kind of hilarious and ironic that it is DLC on Steam that is linking the sequel which is exclusively available on another storefront thus not able to truly intertwine the story like say Witcher 2 to Witcher 3. Great job there team.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How does this add to the discussion about the game? The thread is about the game not randy or any of his actions

And yet Randy and his behavior surrounding the game and the studio are intrinsically a part of Borderlands and the discussion surrounding it.

I get that people who don't obsessively follow games on enthusiast forums are still going to buy and enjoy BL and gearbox content in the future, but people on this very niche enthusiast site who are fully aware of the reprehensible behavior surrounding these games still being like "I love borderlands tho count me in day one!" is wild.