• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
And yet Randy and his behavior surrounding the game and the studio are intrinsically a part of Borderlands and the discussion surrounding it.

I get that people who don't obsessively follow games on enthusiast forums are still going to buy and enjoy BL and gearbox content in the future, but people on this very niche enthusiast site who are fully aware of the reprehensible behavior surrounding these games still being like "I love borderlands tho count me in day one!" is wild.
Thing is if we are discussing DLC for a game how does this add to the discussion other than just adding a complaint unrelated to the game itself. If someone wants complain about him they should in the numerous threads about his actions or alleged actions or create a thread themselves.

Oct 26, 2017
Is Randy Pitchford still the CEO of Gearbox?

He is?

Well.. Guess Borderlands is still staying off my PC
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

On topic, I'm surprised this is free as a lot of people still play the game and would be pretty happy to drop a bit of cash on it, especially as it's one of this months PS+ games.
Not complaining though.

Deleted member 56934

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2019
*Insert fan girl scream here*

Super stoked for more Borderlands content. It's gonna be a long wait til the 9th.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play this but after seeing BL3 stuff it was hard trying to get back into BL2; even though I have over 1000 hours in the game over the years. Hopefully I can just start it from my current level.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Ya know, I'm okay with DLC for years old games like this...I like seeing a game supported so many years after the fact, even if it's just a marketing thing for the next entry. A great game, is always a great game regardless of age, and Borderlands 2 is easily something I'd want to go back to.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
"Returning players can pursue an increased level cap of 80, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action."

I created a new character and gibbed it to lvl 30-something just to play this when the rumors began some days ago. Alas.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Wonder how this'll work for Xbox users? Will it be for both 360 Borderlands 2 and One Handsome Collection people? I don't recall the Handsome Collection having a DLC mechanism.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder how this'll work for Xbox users? Will it be for both 360 Borderlands 2 and One Handsome Collection people? I don't recall the Handsome Collection having a DLC mechanism.
It's right there every time you start BL 2, I guess it's the same for the Pre-Sequel. If at that moment your online connection is not working properly, you might even get stuck for minutes while the game keeps looking for DLC.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Completely surprised in a good way to hear about this.

I might need to redownload the Handsome Collection and give this a spin. What a crazy idea, bridging the plot between games with new DLC just before the new game launches. I mean, l loved that Dragon Age put some DLC that set the stage for DA4, but that was years ago, when the game was still "live." This is a surprse on a whole other level.
It's weird, Atelier Sophie actually did this years ago. They released a completely voiced, free DLC that bridged it and the following game, Atelier Firis.

... Unfortunately, that DLC never came West, so most people missed it.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Dragged my ps3 out of the closet and uploaded my old characters for bl2. Can't wait for this new dlc. Let the 61 to 72 grind begin.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Raising the level cap to 80 seems like a bad idea. The grind from 50 to 72 was already a bit obscene plus they added the 8 OP levels. Oh well.