• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to tell me what's new in the game that wasn't in the previous ones. What's in this game that wasn't possible.
"Whereas previous games were mainly focused on single, sprawling locations on Pandora, Borderlands 3 will give players the opportunity to travel to new worlds beyond it. Gearbox is promising that each one will feature unique environments and enemies.

Another new feature introduced for the game is level sync, which makes co-op play a little more friendly by scaling the experience for each player, regardless if they are playing together online or locally in split-screen, or their level and mission progress. The tentpole feature for Borderlands 3 is vehicular combat, which is sure to inspire Mad Max-esque feelings in players, as they tear across savage lands engaging in combat with enemies."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-3-trailer-confirms-release-date-shows-/1100-6466005/

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
So, where are the benefits to the customers? Didn't the small cut mean the game would be cheap?

Also, $44 here. But I'm in LatAm.
That said, Metro was better in that regard. $20.
olQxJ.jpg

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda can't believe they are going with $10 USD story DLC packs again. That model seems kinda dated to me in a post-Destiny, GaaS world.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that price gets you the game + all dlc that aint too bad if you buy destiny at launch you are off way worse if ya have to buy all dlc and expansions.

I prefer this than having to pay like almost 200 for all content over time.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
6 months, eh? I can wait then. Trailer was fun too.

I wonder if the Steam launch will have the same pricing when the game releases there. =/

Oct 25, 2017
In for the super deluxe edition. Pre-order already in for the collector's edition just in case too, but I need to see it before I fully commit to that.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
Will there be a discounted price on the base edition like there was for Metro? Instead of $60 will it be $50?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm finally buying a game on the Epic Games Store.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay confirmed? Also interesting to see "Variable Refresh Rate" - is this the first game to use FreeSync on XBox One X?

J2Bzm6x.png

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
What the FUCK you mean it's not available in my region???

1lzkei.jpg
Wait, what? I didn't know EGS had region locked content.
6 months, eh? I can wait then. Trailer was fun too.

I wonder if the Steam launch will have the same pricing when the game releases there. =/
Of course it will
Gv0KUK9.png

That's a deal that people wouldn't be able to resist.
I sincerely doubt they would fuck with loot in Borderlands to the point this would be needed but yikes all the same.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Looks like a 2020 for me. Not buying anything at EGS until they start using local currencies.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
If that price gets you the game + all dlc that aint too bad if you buy destiny at launch you are off way worse if ya have to buy all dlc and expansions.

I prefer this than having to pay like almost 200 for all content over time.
Bungie does a ton of content drops for Destiny that aren't apart of the DLC/expansion cost. It's pretty expensive to get all the DLC for Destiny, I agree, but that game is constantly getting updated and new content drops that aren't attached to DLC (like events and random quests dropping into it). Jury is still out on how Borderlands 3 will evolve post-launch, but nothing is giving me the impression that it will have the same games as a service style update cycle that Destiny has. So if this has the same DLC structure as Borderlands 2, it's not really fair to compare the price of it vs Destiny IMO.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
How long is the $99.99 "limited time" price going to be available? I'll preorder on PC as soon as I have the money, but I hope it isn't a "preorder this week!" deal or something.

When is the 4K pack for The Handsome Collection dropping?
Sometime today. Same for the remaster of the first game.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so confused. Why didn't they just announce the release date during the reveal event?

Why the double trailers? I mean it's days after the reveal, not months or years...like FFVII remake or Last of Us 2 or Scalebound...

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
The environments seem way too similar to the previous games to me. There's nothing in this that screams this isn't Borderlands 2. Of course it's not the exact same environments (and them grapix are better) but the vibe I get from them are too similar, it doesn't feel new or fresh in any way. And there's still no armor and other gear to find? Very disappointing.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So, where are the benefits to the customers? Didn't the small cut mean the game would be cheap?

Also, $44 here. But I'm in LatAm.
That said, Metro was better in that regard. $20.
Smaller cut meant developers/publishers get more...that has been the entire point.
The reason why this is more expensive than Metro has nothing to do with EGS, even on steam for example Deepsilver games are cheaper than 2K games.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Do we have the solo price for the season pass, or are people just taking the price difference between the versions?

Because the "digital content", which is a lot of nothing, would be worth $20 and the pass another $20 then.

edit: also for fellow Latam people, in Brazil it's $31, $46 and $64 for the each edition.

Last edited: