• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Yea playing for 10 hours a day in HOPES of getting a good gun is the way to go right? Go play destiny 2 or a SEA mmo. BL3 is the most playable and fun one yet. Flattening the damage and levels worked wonders. I was level 25 with a level 13 weapon absolutely wrecking shit and surviving more than a few bullets, if it was 1 2 or PS if be doing 1 damage and dying to gusts of wind.

That was BL2 too though, right? I remember I had to use shift keys to get guns in my level range, because the guns that dropped in BL2 were often 5-10 levels under the level I had and didnt do enough damage.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
crossplay across storefronts on the same platform....Look, if they wanted to (be difficult) they could have separate pools per storefront, but I don't get who is looking at EGS + Steam crossplay and going "wow" and meaning it.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've not reached the endgame yet so I can't say anything about the quality/frequency of good weapon drops, but I can say that I'm currently at level 22 and the lootpool is middling-to-good at best. Some of the weapons have been interesting but I have yet to get any sort of drop that's had any "wow" factor. I will say I had a Legendary shield drop at one point that had some of the worst perks I've seen in the game (consumed 70% of my shield as health).

I will say that the game throws guns at you constantly but you're mostly looking at greens and blues.

When you beat the game you unlock harder difficulties called Mayhem which also improve the loot drop rate. Some bosses can drop up to 4 or 5 legendaries with the highest Mayhem modes.

It can feel like you can get every legendaries in a matter of days, but there is quite many of them, not to mention the anointments(special bonus like extra radioactive damage for the next 2 magazines when using your action skill) that vary a lot and is also not always present. So even if you got a pretty good sniper rifle, if it doesn't have the perfect anointment,(or none at all) you might want to farm for that, if that's your thing.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Yea playing for 10 hours a day in HOPES of getting a good gun is the way to go right? Go play destiny 2 or a SEA mmo. BL3 is the most playable and fun one yet. Flattening the damage and levels worked wonders. I was level 25 with a level 13 weapon absolutely wrecking shit and surviving more than a few bullets, if it was 1 2 or PS if be doing 1 damage and dying to gusts of wind.

The games not perfect, but giving players what they want has been the way to go for this series. You probably thought BL2 UVHM where slag and farming 24 hours a day for godroll bee's and other 0.0001% drop rate meta items was fun.
I thought the loot drop rates in BL 2 and Pre-Sequel were absolutely fine.
I just don't understand people with your mindset. You talk like those 10 hours were wasted. What about the actual playing the game part? The shooting and moment to moment gameplay? You talk like the only thing fun in the game was getting that gun you wanted.
I shudder to think what people with your mindset would think playing the classic loot rpg Diablo 2 , where you could play for hours and hours without even getting a single legendary and if you got lucky and found one it could even be for another class.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
feel like borderlands 2 is/was a staple for pc gaming, basically if you played pc games, you got borderlands 2

have a feeling bl3 will replace it now that its hitting steam :)

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
That was BL2 too though, right? I remember I had to use shift keys to get guns in my level range, because the guns that dropped in BL2 were often 5-10 levels under the level I had and didnt do enough damage.
My point was BL3 kinda sorta has the same issue BUT the underlying gameplay beneath the loot act as a safety net. BL2 and PS i had the same issue as you, shift key glitching was the only way I could get weapons that would do damage.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was initially very excited for this but not anymore. They've kept making the loot drops better and better as the "fans" kept whining and whining that they didn't get the drops they wanted. Apparently now even the Borderlands 2 drop rates aren't good enough for the "fans".
It's like they don't know what a loot game is. You're not supposed to get loot easily, the game is about the never ending chase for loot. When you have the best loot the game is over!
It's even reached levels of "I can only play a hour a day and I deserve to find the loot I want!"
Don't play a loot game if that is your attitude!

The problem with Borderlands is that the best items are from quests. At least in 2 this is true. So you have to save all good quests until max level (which will eventually change...) and then reset the game literally thousands of times to get the perfect gun with all the right parts. It's essentially impossible without a save editor. The good items that do drop from actual bosses are very rare and also subject to the parts dilemma.

Many of the most desirable guns in this series are only even useful with very precise parts that are beyond "actually get 10 zod drops legit" levels of odds if they are a boss-only drop. It's completely unreasonable. Maybe they've ameliorated some of these issues in 3, but as of launch I don't think they had.

And the only way to get new quest guns after a level cap increase is to play the entire game again. Then reset a few thousand more times.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, considering how badly the price of the physical console versions of BL3 has collapsed I get the impression that people might not be interested. On the other hand, I also get the impression that Metro Exodus' Steam release did really well in China, and right now is an excellent time to advertise something for the Chinese audience.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The problem with Borderlands is that the best items are from quests. At least in 2 this is true. So you have to save all good quests until max level (which will eventually change...) and then reset the game literally thousands of times to get the perfect gun with all the right parts. It's essentially impossible without a save editor. The good items that do drop from actual bosses are very rare and also subject to the parts dilemma.

Many of the most desirable guns in this series are only even useful with very precise parts that are beyond "actually get 10 zod drops legit" levels of odds if they are a boss-only drop. It's completely unreasonable. Maybe they've ameliorated some of these issues in 3, but as of launch I don't think they had.

And the only way to get new quest guns after a level cap increase is to play the entire game again. Then reset a few thousand more times.

I don't feel like it's the case with Borderlands 3. There's a very limited amount of legendaries coming from quests and they're far from the best. Arguably the best shield in the game do come from a quest, but it also drops from enemies.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like it's the case with Borderlands 3. There's a very limited amount of legendaries coming from quests and they're far from the best. Arguably the best shield in the game do come from a quest, but it also drops from enemies.

I mean, I haven't played BL3 yet or followed it. May jump in with Steam release, so I can't debate the specifics of the game (mostly just info leading to launch). But in 2 and pre-sequel, most of the best guns aren't legendary. The good quest guns are all blue. It's their unique functions that make them godlike.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I've never had a game fall off a cliff more dramatically for me that bl3.i bought it release day, got to the huge planet within a few days with the British dude and just never went back. I'm not sure I've actually thought about it once until today.

I don't tend to regret game purchases but bl3 was really a pointless purchase for me. I remember nothing and have no desire to boot it up again. A month of WoW BFA would have given me more and that's saying something.

So errr cool , glad it's coming to steam. A shame I bought it on epic at full price I guess!

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I got a free copy copy with my gpu and I forgot to even redeem it. I guess I still can, isnt it supposed to be bad tho?

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So what kind of "crossplay" are we talking here?

Having to log-in to a separate service like Halo MCC (and Fortnite/Dauntless on consoles)? EGS packed-in like Ubisoft games and uPlay?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
same, also will wait until the game is "finished" and I assume that will take a long time.

It's getting tons of DLC, right?

4 campaign DLCs. One already released (and is pretty damn good, the OST and art design is perfect) with decent length. 10-15 hours if you don't rush the main story, do all sidequests and explore all corners for red chests and special stuff to unlock rewards, and the 2nd DLC is supposed to be announced any minute I think.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
It's okay, not everyone has to agree with you. You'll survive.

Maybe if you'd stop trolling?

One of the biggest thing people talk about with BL3 is its massive improvements in gunplay. Look it up, it's in reviews, previews, the OT.

You dont have to lie of you dont like something. The world will continue spinning.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I never finished 2 as the grind loop felt utterly broken (at least when played solo) and the humor wasn't my cup of tea, so I'm probably not going to get 3 any time soon either.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
In at $40 for the super deluxe whatever its called edition, I like borderlands, wouldve played it already had it launched on steam

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Thank goodness I bought it on the EGS when it came out because I can't handle the amount of games coming out in March.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I probably would have bought this on release, but my hype for it is pretty much gone at this point. I've actually discovered recently that if I miss the release window for a game I often won't pick it up down the road and don't find myself missing it. It's definitely made this the cheapest year for me in a long time in terms of game purchases!

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I don't get it. What was wrong with the loot in BL2? I never used a shift code, i just farmed bosses/specific enemies/chests and did the raids solo at the highest difficulty.

As for BL3 for some reason the footage i saw never got me excited. I will probably pick it up at some sale.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll probably pick this up on sale. I had a lot of fun with Borderlands 1 and 2 around 2011-2012 or so and while I'm not sure if I'm quite into loot shooters as much these days, I definitely would like to give this a try when the price is right for me. Just got a lot of long games I'm playing through right now so not in a huge rush to get into this at the moment.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The games not perfect, but giving players what they want has been the way to go for this series. You probably thought BL2 UVHM where slag and farming 24 hours a day for godroll bee's and other 0.0001% drop rate meta items was fun.
This sounds awesome. I'm in.

There is absolutely nothing worse than wasting your life farming for items by doing the same shit over and over again.

Meta

Oct 29, 2017
😑

So the game is currently half off on the EGS until March 3rd.

I doubt it will launch on Steam at that price. What are the chances that it will be bundled with the season pass?

It's a rhetorical question. Looks like I'm waiting a little longer.