• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
most important question --

is the MP loot still going to be open publically visible to everyone, or will they finally change to personal instanced loot like it should be and other modern games do

because I'm not playing BL3 if it's still the shitty public loot

All it really needs is personal loot so playing MP with randoms isn't a total waste of time.

exactly lol. otherwise everyone fucking ninjas loot (including me)

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
I loved Borderlands with my friends...I just hope they fix the mission structure of back and forth and back and forth missions. Would much rather have a more natural flow to how they work...with less backtracking.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
"Writing is more like BL1 than BL2 "

So, nonexistent.
I'm on the fence about this, mainly because after 250+ hours of BL2, hearing the same dialogue over and over on repeat playthroughs gets grating, fast.

Borderlands 1's comparatively minimal dialogue is great, but the game felt super bland as a result of that, and a few other factors. I remain skeptical.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
project beast leaks from 4chan and the discussion on the old forum were the best leaks foe me this generation

it will never be topped

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i mean some 4chan leaks are true, some aren't, that's all there is to really say about that

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, gun parts will be sold as part of MTX that you can buy for real money? God I hope I'm wrong...

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Do people forget that FFXV's complete plot and cancelled details and Bloodborne were leaked on 4chan? Kingdom Hearts 3 also had some credible leaks. Wouldn't be surprised if this was mostly legit.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Cool but not cool enough to buy it on epic store , will pass if its exclusive to that.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

As you all know, Borderlands 3 will be revealed at Gearbox's PAX East theater show in 2 days, this is the only major leak to have popped up in the run up to the event, obviously take with a grain of salt but we'll be seeing if this is all true or not very soon.

1545003770334.jpg

• Takes place 5 years after the end of BL2/TPS
  • Tannis is not what she seems
  • AI Jack may be back, but he's not the villain
  • Rhys is back as CEO of Atlas. Atlas is back as a manufacturer. Gorty is back to help the player find multiple vaults in the game. Not just one vault this time. Tina is back as an adult. No word on the others but you can expect cameos from everyone like in BL2
  • Writing is more like BL1 than BL2
  • 4 new vault hunters
  • Abilities have been reworked, everyone now has multiple action skills instead of one
  • Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight. The AI for this is what delayed announcement last October. So hopefully it's fixed now.
  • The female seen in the UE4 demo last year is a Valdof character who is the gunner class. She can summon a bear mech on which other players can ride. Summons the mech like in Titanfall. No word on how this works indoors.
  • The older male is like Batman. He's the stealth/assassin character. He's rich and uses gadgets for his action skills.
  • There's a black female Siren character. She's melee oriented like Brick was. She will have several siren abilities like phase-lock, phase-shift, and a ground pound skill.
  • NPCs can revive you now if you're close enough and go into FFYL
  • Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.
  • The bad guys are The Calypso Twins. One is a female siren (as only females can be sirens) and the other is a male who somehow has siren powers. Either he figured out a way to give anyone siren powers or the bond between twins allows him to share his sister's powers. They're rumored to be ex-Atlas employees
  • The Calypso twins rule The Children of the Vault, a cult mob that will replace Bandits/Scavs as the default human mob.
  • They will have their own weapon brand
  • All brands returning except Bandit/Scav
  • All elements returning except Slag, Laser, and Ice. New elements are rumored and the only lead says "nuclear" is one of them.
  • You'll start on Pandora but leave shortly into the game on Sanctuary 3, the Crimson Raider's ship. It will be the hub for multiple planet locations.
  • We're going to Promethea
everything in the OP was discussed by SupMatto and Hayder Hype over the past few months so none of this info is new so I wouldn't call this a leak so much as just copy pasting info from youtubers. the only thing that seems out of date is I believe the Siren is actually Indian. I was trying to find specific sources for each point cause it's basically word for word but I don't have time to watch over an hour worth videos again to find the specific time stamps.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I honesty want more info on the rumored Borderlands 1 remake.

Is it even happening?
Is it just an up-res if the original with nothing new?
Is it a full graphical remake?
Will it have any other tweaks to it, like gameplay changes, new loot, new characters, etc?
Is a Switch version possible? (I know BL2 is rumored for Switch, but at this point I'd prefer to go back to BL1).

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want skills / abilities reworked to be useable more often or have more skills if they're doing the same type of long build up.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"leaked"

I'm always surprised people still think what appears on 4chan is worthy of consideration.
Everyone's going to quote you saying 'Remember this or remember that' but nobody ever remembers the amount of fake ass leaks that come from there. All the trolling of Nintendo fans...

Pepperidge Farm remembers though.

Just take everything with huge mountains of salt and you'll be fine.

Bad info made to troll people is actually kinda funny too, not gonna lie.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
"Writing is more like BL1 than BL2 "

So, nonexistent.
I think it just means less meme heavy. The series has been getting increasingly story and character focused BL1>BL2>BL2 DLC>Presequel>Tales and thats been one aspect that has been pretty universally well recieved. It wouldn't really make sense for them to revert back to BL1.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Abriael have ya heard that 4chan has had legit leaks before...bet not /s

Best coop game series of all time bout to return...get hype!

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Good looking out and go fuck yourself, 4Chan.

And the writing is more like BL1? I don't even remember anything of any significance in the first game. "Athena, Out" is the only thing that just came to my mind as I was typing this. That's how forgettable BL1's writing was. Outside of Tiny Tina's meme spouting bullshit, BL2 was pretty damn good.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
People doubting 4chan leaks is funny when there's as much or more legit ones on there than there are from "insiders" on here and Twitter.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't remember any of the writing from BL1, so dunno how to feel about that. I loved BL2 writing though.

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
Im not worried about the game, as I am about the GaaS/MTX/lootbox bullshit they'll shoehorn in