• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

As you all know, Borderlands 3 will be revealed at Gearbox's PAX East theater show in 2 days, this is the only major leak to have popped up in the run up to the event, obviously take with a grain of salt but we'll be seeing if this is all true or not very soon.

1545003770334.jpg

• Takes place 5 years after the end of BL2/TPS
  • Tannis is not what she seems
  • AI Jack may be back, but he's not the villain
  • Rhys is back as CEO of Atlas. Atlas is back as a manufacturer. Gorty is back to help the player find multiple vaults in the game. Not just one vault this time. Tina is back as an adult. No word on the others but you can expect cameos from everyone like in BL2
  • Writing is more like BL1 than BL2
  • 4 new vault hunters
  • Abilities have been reworked, everyone now has multiple action skills instead of one
  • Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight. The AI for this is what delayed announcement last October. So hopefully it's fixed now.
  • The woman seen in the UE4 demo last year is a Valdof character who is the gunner class. She can summon a bear mech on which other players can ride. Summons the mech like in Titanfall. No word on how this works indoors.
  • The older male is like Batman. He's the stealth/assassin character. He's rich and uses gadgets for his action skills.
  • There's a black woman Siren character. She's melee oriented like Brick was. She will have several siren abilities like phase-lock, phase-shift, and a ground pound skill.
  • NPCs can revive you now if you're close enough and go into FFYL
  • Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.
  • The bad guys are The Calypso Twins. One is a female siren (as only women can be sirens) and the other is a male who somehow has siren powers. Either he figured out a way to give anyone siren powers or the bond between twins allows him to share his sister's powers. They're rumored to be ex-Atlas employees
  • The Calypso twins rule The Children of the Vault, a cult mob that will replace Bandits/Scavs as the default human mob.
  • They will have their own weapon brand
  • All brands returning except Bandit/Scav
  • All elements returning except Slag, Laser, and Ice. New elements are rumored and the only lead says "nuclear" is one of them.
  • You'll start on Pandora but leave shortly into the game on Sanctuary 3, the Crimson Raider's ship. It will be the hub for multiple planet locations.
  • We're going to Promethea

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
"leaked"

I'm always surprised people still take what appears on 4chan at face value.
Like I said, take with a grain of salt but considering the game will be revealed soon, I don't mind entertaining any of this.

Besides, MK11, Smash's Switch's subtitle, Piranha Plant and Pokemon Sword and Shield leaked on /v/, not to mention the entirety of the Switch Presentation so I really don't feel bad about posting this.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
That picture has been around for ...a long time as has this copy paste text leak. But was not from 4chan.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Sounds good

What I like about this leak is that it doesn't say anything about online or living world gaming. Borderlands needs to stay Borderlands.

I'm fine with this if it's real, and am excited.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
None of that sounds terribly unrealistic, would be nice if it's true.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
that's all basically copy and pasted from Hayder Hype and Supmatto videos on youtube.

The dude twin has siren powers specifically because of the type of twin he is iirc.

Hayder Hype
Supmatto

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
think the majority of FFXV leaked on there, as well as some smash stuff. Always pokemon leaks, as well as random other games. When's the last time a game 'leaked' from a user directly from here? Its always some outside source and then this site goes and verifys/vets all of it to determine its authenticity.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Siren would have been leaked as I always pick this class.

Edit : wait, we already had half of this leak.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
"leaked"

I'm always surprised people still think what appears on 4chan is worthy of consideration.
Not saying it's the case here, but just "4chan" isn't enough to prove it's fake either. Quite a few of the rumors posted there have turned out to the partially or entirely true, so...

That said, the inconsistent art style on the characters makes me think this is more likely to be fake.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we've had this thread before. Most of that "leak" isn't new to me for some reason. And no, I never go to 4chan.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Characters having multiple action skills is one of the improvements I MOST wanted to see after BL2.

Even if it's just one extra ability (one on each bumper) but 3 abilities would be fantastic (like Mass Effect Andromeda style: right, left, and both bumpers).

It'll hopefully give the character classes more variety without needing to fully respec your character when you want to change things up. It should also make it so all classes have at least ONE ability I like using, instead of my ending up not using a class because I don't like their power (like Brick from BL1 who just punched dudes).

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds pretty in line with what I'd expect of Borderlands 3 tbh. We'll know how real it is in a couple days though!

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I really hope you can find armor and gear as loot and not just guns in this one.
And that it's fully playable offline.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
All it really needs is personal loot so playing MP with randoms isn't a total waste of time.