• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So it's looking as if 2019 could be the year of borderlands. It's the 10th anniversary of Borderlands

Borderlands
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Remaster (PS4/XB1/PC) developed by Blind Squirrel Games listed on a Korean Ratings board

Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 Steam DB updates suggest a new DLC is in the works and various leakers have suggested either a standalone release or a DLC for BL2
Borderlands The Presequel has build changes in the SteamDB but many less than BL2 that also suggest DLC
Borderlands 2 @ Steam DB said:
941171 Mancana Content No size Encrypted DLC 941170
941172 Mancana English No size English Unused DLC 941170
941173 Mancana French No size French Unused DLC 941170
941174 Mancana German No size German Unused DLC 941170
941175 Mancana Italian No size Italian Unused DLC 941170
941176 Mancana Japanese No size Japanese Unused DLC 941170
941177 Mancana Spanish No size Spanish Unused DLC 941170
941178 Mancana Korean No size Koreana Unused DLC 941170
941179 Mancana Traditional Chinese No size Tchinese Unused DLC 941170
978061 Mancana Anemone Content No size Encrypted DLC 978060
978062 Mancana Anemone English No size English Encrypted DLC 978060
978063 Mancana Anemone French No size French Encrypted DLC 978060
978064 Mancana Anemone German No size German Encrypted DLC 978060
978065 Mancana Anemone Italian No size Italian Encrypted DLC 978060
978066 Mancana Anemone Japanese No size Japanese Encrypted DLC 978060
978067 Mancana Anemone Spanish No size Spanish Encrypted DLC 978060
978068 Mancana Anemone Korean No size Koreana Encrypted DLC 978060
978069 Mancana Anemone Traditional Chinese No size Tchinese Encrypted DLC 978060
Pre-sequel @ Steam DB said:
941181 Ailanthus Content No size Encrypted DLC 941180
941182 Ailanthus English No size English Unused DLC 941180
941183 Ailanthus French No size French Unused DLC 941180
941184 Ailanthus German No size German Unused DLC 941180
941185 Ailanthus Italian No size Italian Unused DLC 941180
941186 Ailanthus Japanese No size Japanese Unused DLC 941180
941187 Ailanthus Spanish No size Spanish Unused DLC 941180
941188 Ailanthus Korean No size Koreana Unused DLC 941180
941189 Ailanthus Traditional Chinese No size Tchinese Unused DLC 941180
Note that the DLC has been localized and all updates stopped about 3 months ago when this became "public"
Borderlands 2 VR PS4 exclusivity will come to an end in April

Borderlands 3
TheKnow and other trusted leakers have leaked plenty of BL3 Details.
Each Class has 1 big skill tree instead of the 3 smaller trees found in the previous titles and in addition they get 3 actions skills as opposed to the first
The 4 Classes
  • Soldier/Gunner Class - Moze - The Bot Jock
    • The Soldier is very tech and robot featured and is able to call in a titan like the game Titanfall.
    • She will have a co-op focused skill tree which will allow a co-op buddy to climb on the titan and control its mounted turret (3rd person mode?).
  • Siren Class - Amara
    • The Siren is a female that will be a melee focussed character similar to Brick from Borderlands 1.
    • 3 actions skills
      • Phaselock that can hold 3 enemies at once.
      • Groundpound skill
      • Self-projection that can fire at enemies (Maybe something like the holograms that Jack "The Dobbleganer" had in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel)
    • Buff character.
  • Assassin Class - Zane - The Operative
    • The Assassin will be similar to Zer0 from Borderlands 2 as he will be able to throw out a decoy to draw aggro.
    • Wealthy character as he has some classier character customizations.
  • Hunter Class - Flak - The Beast Master
    • The Hunter is a pet class Vault Hunter.
    • This Beast Master can choose between 3 different pets.
    • Each pet will have their own abilities.
    • This Vault Hunter is still in alpha state as the AI of the pet isn't working properly.
      • In the past, it was mentioned by a GBX employee that AI is a difficult thing to get right.
    • The Beast Master is a robot and looks like a "homeless" person.
borderlands-3-leaked-art.jpg
borderlands-3-leaked-art-2.jpg

The Bot Jock is the same model revealed at the GDC 2017 tech demo showing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebuYj0NsldU This confirms the leak as the face and pose used in this image is never shown in the tech demo and this is the only model and not art used in this character promo shot. This coincides with the leak from TheKnow and other sources

The Take2 earning reports revealed that the game was originally delayed which puts the delay in conjunction with TheKnow and other sources stating development issue primarly with The Beastmasters SpiderAnt AI.

Take2 Investor reports currently list the title as Fiscal 2019 (April 2019 - March 2020) An announcement is expected at Pax East (March 28-31st) Borderlands and PAX have a big history. In addition plenty of very strong rumours about Microsoft having a marketing deal could mean it's going to be a main stage title at E3.

From leakers we know the bad guys are The Calypso Twins. Either a Male+Female Siren Twin duo or a pair of Siren power thieves or some combo of Siren and Thief. The Male Calypso Twin is called Troy and is supposed to look Biker inspired. The theory is that either the Brother can steal/syphon siren powers because of the twin link or he has siren powers or they are artificial. The Calypsos will either be aligned with or leaders of The Children of the Vault. Possible Tannis is also involved with these guys

This leak is backed up by the bar Randy Pitchford owns that is below Gearbox HQ having a drink called The Calypso Twins in a Menu filled with Borderlands references.

Locations leaked so far are Prometha which has been heavily teased, Pandora and Eden-6. The story will revolve around multiple vaults.

Each Location will get a unique vehicle. Right now we have sources saying 4 vehicles, potentially confirming 4 planets
Passive traits and skills are a big part of the game
There's going to be NPC AI that can revive you at times. How this works is unknown.
New element types but unknown what
Weapons now have more parts to them which means more variations. Lots of weapons
Some form of weapon customization but details still vague.
A Trophy room will be unlocked at a certain point in the game which will allow players to show off their loot to other players. Unsure about specifics from a trusted leaker
Roughly 5-6 years after BL2 Tiny Tina has grown up
Fiona from Tales from the Borderlands is returning as an NPC
Aurelia the Baroness the DLC character from TPS is also returning as an NPC
The Siren is a melee focused black woman.
The Hunter pets are Spider Ant, Rakk and Skagg.
The Bot Jock Mech will be similar to (Remember it has to be useable everywhere so scale will be an issue)
latest

BattleBorn has an audio easter egg then when decoded says the following
SIvf2zh6tJtJ_1K6qdF7JbOQSesUECfvG3iBx2In_-k.jpg

The codename for BL3 is Oak
At some point around 3 months ago Take2 and Gearbox ordered all mentions of BL3 be removed from LinkedIn and other profiles
Fiscal reports suggest the game is Targeting current gen
The game is running UE4 as per the tech demo from GDC2017
In Development since at least 2015 potentially earlier
90% of gearbox are or have been working on BL3. Gearbox has around 350-400 Employees. The other 10% have been on a new Brothers in Arms and Project 1v1
Moxxi VA has confirmed shes back
Randy and Elon Musk had a twitter exchange about including Elons Flamethrower in BL3
Lots of rumours about melee weapons, mentions of swords/axes
Randy did blatantly tease BL3 around the time of the VGA's but it was just poor timing on his behalf and no VGA announcement was planned but leakers suggested a trailer was ready to go at that point
Randy leaked the codename for the bot jock as Iron Bear on his podcast which is now in hiatus.
Randy also said on the podcast that they want to "have everything in place before they officially announce the game" which has been the reason for the long delays

Weapon/Damage Elements = Shock/Corrosive/Incendiary/Explosive/Slag/Cryo/Nuclear
The new Nuclear type will be used against Bio Armored enemies notably Ape like monsters on Eden-6

Last edited:

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
wat. DLC for BL2? That would be incredible. Something to bridge the gap between games.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
New DLC for BL2 after all this time seems crazy to think about. And I didn't know we knew this much about BL3, but I admit I haven't really been following much.

The siren being melee focused this time could be pretty cool.

I hope some of the characters from Tales from the Borderlands show up. Loved that cast, it would be a shame to not use them for something.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to the BL2 DLC the owner of steamdb has said that it is DLC based on how he understands the DB and leakers have said DLC is coming.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
wat. DLC for BL2? That would be incredible. Something to bridge the gap between games.

"Ailanthus", "Mancana", and "Mancana Anemone" are definitely significant pieces of content of some kind. They all have language-specific data depots:

Pre-Sequel @ SteamDB said:
941181 Ailanthus Content No size Encrypted DLC 941180
941182 Ailanthus English No size English Unused DLC 941180
941183 Ailanthus French No size French Unused DLC 941180
941184 Ailanthus German No size German Unused DLC 941180
941185 Ailanthus Italian No size Italian Unused DLC 941180
941186 Ailanthus Japanese No size Japanese Unused DLC 941180
941187 Ailanthus Spanish No size Spanish Unused DLC 941180
941188 Ailanthus Korean No size Koreana Unused DLC 941180
941189 Ailanthus Traditional Chinese No size Tchinese Unused DLC 941180
Borderlands 2 @ SteamDB said:
941171 Mancana Content No size Encrypted DLC 941170
941172 Mancana English No size English Unused DLC 941170
941173 Mancana French No size French Unused DLC 941170
941174 Mancana German No size German Unused DLC 941170
941175 Mancana Italian No size Italian Unused DLC 941170
941176 Mancana Japanese No size Japanese Unused DLC 941170
941177 Mancana Spanish No size Spanish Unused DLC 941170
941178 Mancana Korean No size Koreana Unused DLC 941170
941179 Mancana Traditional Chinese No size Tchinese Unused DLC 941170
978061 Mancana Anemone Content No size Encrypted DLC 978060
978062 Mancana Anemone English No size English Encrypted DLC 978060
978063 Mancana Anemone French No size French Encrypted DLC 978060
978064 Mancana Anemone German No size German Encrypted DLC 978060
978065 Mancana Anemone Italian No size Italian Encrypted DLC 978060
978066 Mancana Anemone Japanese No size Japanese Encrypted DLC 978060
978067 Mancana Anemone Spanish No size Spanish Encrypted DLC 978060
978068 Mancana Anemone Korean No size Koreana Encrypted DLC 978060
978069 Mancana Anemone Traditional Chinese No size Tchinese Encrypted DLC 978060

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
God, I really hope that Titanfall comparison is legit because that is making me so excited.

Didn't hear about the potential BL2 DLC. Would love an excuse to replay it.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we at least here get some official information on Borderlands 3 this year. I've been using games like Destiny as a substitute, but they don't really compare.

On paper these leaked classes don't seem as different as I had hoped. The part multiple action skills would good though. A buffed Phaselock would guarantee I continue to main Sirens.

I hope there's a Medieval Knight class.

Don't get your hopes up.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Soldier/Gunner Class - Moze
  • The Soldier is very tech and robot featured and is able to call in a titan like the game Titanfall.
  • He will have a co-op focused skill tree which will allow a co-op buddy to climb on the titan and control its mounted turret (3rd person mode?).
Sorry for being pedantic, but Moze looks like a woman to me?

SRV

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, yes. Just give us a release date, my whole BL 1/2 squad are begging for more!

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I quite liked Borderlands 2.

Never played MP or anything. Just a jolly romp campaign I suppose.

I will remind myself to be hyped closer to release.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
i'm ready to see it, hope its great with fresh ideas after this long wait and not another x-pac type sequel.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to get into Destiny 2 but couldn't, really hoping this turns out to be true. Could do with a good loot shooter on Steam.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I hope the classes are not final or that there are more. I don't like playing with summons and every single class has one: pet, turret, decoy, robot, self-projection

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, a dlc for bl2? That would be absolutely incredible. Regardless I'm super excited for bl3. It's been so long!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Keen for Borderlands 3 and higher difficulty levels devoid of that loathsome Slag mechanic. The Pre-Sequel went in the right direction for UVHM.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Remaster (PS4/XB1/PC) developed by Blind Squirrel Games listed on a Korean Ratings board

Not these guys again...If you want ports that hit bare-minimum requirements of function or work like shit, Blind Squirrel are the ones to do it. Sunset Overdrive on PC and XCOM 2 for PS4/XBOX come to mind.

Last edited:

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I am so, so excited for this. It's a shame Gearbox detoured into Pre-Sequel and that MOBA Overwatch game. Also hope that Pitchford's legal woes don't impact release.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Can't wait to play it. Borderlands 2 was a brilliant game, and if this has the same leap in quality/content as there was between the first and second Borderland games, I'm expecting something great!

From those leaks, Hunter class immediately jumps out as my favourite since I played as the robot lady in 2.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mention this but apparently theres been a marketing deal with Microsoft in the works.

That might only have implications for the console side. Ashen was an XBox console exclusive and launched on Game Pass while going to the Epic Store.

Now if you're telling me it's a Windows Store exclusive due to Play Anywhere support, that would be a different story.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for being pedantic, but Moze looks like a woman to me?
Entirely correct, It was a rush copy paste job on my behalf I'll clean up the OP soon
I hope the classes are not final or that there are more. I don't like playing with summons and every single class has one: pet, turret, decoy, robot, self-projection
I wouldn't expect them to be not final. Apparently not only are they all in a playable state but they have invested lots of development time in the beastmaster getting the AI working. Any aditional classes will be DLC like always
Didn't Pitchford recently confirm playable Tiny Tina? Or did I get my wires crossed.
Not to my knowledge, I'd be surprised if I'd missed it but loved to be proved wrong.

Some things not in OP.

Apparently Fiona from Tales from the Borderlands and Aurelia the Baroness from TPS DLC will be part of the story. Claptrap has a new VA and nothing of pitchfords legal issues will impact development.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for compiling all of this info OP.

Wasn't expecting to get more DLC for BL2, either way I'm definitely interested.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hope it's not been turned into a destiny clone and everything can still be done solo (aside from the gigantic extra bosses and shit). Feel like I've been waiting an eternity for bl3.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
The Borderlands series really surprised me by not only being fun, and funny, but actually having the right loot mechanic to rope my wife into playing the game on local, multi-player, split-screen co-op, so I hope that continues with Borderlands 3.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
This really needs to have personal loot like Diablo 3, sharing loot meant playing with randoms on BL2 was terrible.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, I've always played the Sirens (+ Nisha) but melee focused is a dealbreaker for me. Guess Flak looks alright then.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I really do hope the reveal will be "here it is, and it releases next month!" cos it feels like I've been waiting forever, and to get a proper look at it and then to have to wait for months to a year will just add to the pain.

Oct 26, 2017
I had always thought that when Borderlands 3 came out, you would be able to play as all the previous vault hunters from the prior three BL games--1, 2, and the Pre-Sequel(though, I guess certain events from BL2 would make that hard). That would make for 16 classes, plus whatever else BL3 would introduce, which would potentially make for a 20-23 character roster in this first person loot shooter.

I had always thought Battleborn was something of a beta for a true BL3, should it have a large cast. If we're really getting just four playable vault hunters like the other three games, then I'd think that'd a little bit disappointing. Between the descriptions of the four, I'd probably play as the Siren, Hunter and Assassin class the most.

Jan 31, 2018
I'm been waiting for BL3 for a long time now. Not a big fan of the speculated classes though.

I'm replaying BL1 right now. Would have waited if I had known about the remaster. But that doesn't even have a release that yet.