• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one do you prefer?

• I like the International Cover Art more

Votes: 297 81.6%
  • I like the Japanese Cover Art more

Votes: 67 18.4%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So 2K decided that for a limited time, the Japanese Standard Edition would have a completely different cover art from the international one. This isn't even the first time they've done this, as it was done with the Handsome Collection (which looks way better than the cover we got). A Japanese fan got to design this and while I think it's weaker than the original international box art, it's still pretty good! Worth noting that cover of the Japanese Deluxe Edition and Super Deluxe Edition is still the same as the international one.

Nowadays, most games have a single box art for all regions, so it's certainly interesting that 2K insist the Japanese version of Borderlands games should have a different cover art than international version. Moze looks so weird without a helmet.

Japanese Cover Art (can't find a higher res version so this will have to do from now, per IGN Japan):

D9zR65gVUAAUNJi.jpg

International Cover Art:

CuiSKsc.jpg

BL3b.jpg

Last edited:

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I know nothing about this series, but ever since I saw the NA boxart it just didn't sit right with me. I think it's super ugly and I actually really like the Japanese one a lot

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
JP cover is a generic, kinda Marvel movie-esque design, but it's still better than the tacky INT cover

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I like it, but I do like the regular version more.

Is this the first time we've got a look of Moze without her helmet?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Just pasting the character models makes it looks too harsh, they should have use some stylized versions instead of using in game models. Don't even look all that high res.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
One of the few times the international version looks better.

The psycho on the front cover is basically the brand at this point.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
A first for me, tend to like Japanese covers but not this one. Also on the Japanese cover, all of the 4 vault hunters and possibly a werewolf DLC character?

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
That's such a downgrade.

The international box art is almost too good for borderlands, and I fucking love borderlands.