• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters
Feb 16, 2022
Just recently got this thanks to the current PSN Sale.

I'm in the middle of Promethea now. I'm hitting the same problem that bothered me in the previous games: inventory management. It sucks. I keep worrying that I'm missing out on guns, or that I have to pick up as many things as possible so I could sell them off. The SDU upgrades help, but not by much, and they're quite expensive.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Just getting to this with the sale.
Tell me there is a character with a turret. Where's my turret?

Edit: I actually get a prompt to level/skill up at the beginning when I hit level 2.
I go in and it says I have no skill points. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Just getting to this with the sale.
Tell me there is a character with a turret. Where's my turret?

Edit: I actually get a prompt to level/skill up at the beginning when I hit level 2.
I go in and it says I have no skill points. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Flak and Moze can have a mobile turret if you look at their pets a certain way. I would say Zane's digiclone is basically a turret though.

You don't need to assign skill points for level 2 as it just unlocks the different action skills.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I keep coming back to the game, getting a level up every time I tiuch it.

Then I don't play it for a while, rinse and repeat. It just hasn't been very exciting for me so far. I'm level 14.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I keep coming back to the game, getting a level up every time I tiuch it.

Then I don't play it for a while, rinse and repeat. It just hasn't been very exciting for me so far. I'm level 14.

I don't think I really started having fun with most of the characters until like the mid 20s. Once you hit that first capstone skill, it gets better.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Thread might be dead but I've recently returned to the game to play the DLC and is there a trick to getting takedowns to pop when queuing? Can get the trials to pop but nothing at all for the takedowns. Tried multiple servers/times and still nought.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Last time I played this my save got corrupted during one of the DLCs and I had to revert to an old save that was basically just freshly into the postgame. The last I knew the mods to skip the story and dialog were kind of scattershot in how they worked, the animations had to play out even without the speech. Have those things been improved or has the game added the option to skip that stuff?

I really love the gameplay in this but holy shit I just cannot sit there and listen to this same shit again.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
Last time I played this my save got corrupted during one of the DLCs and I had to revert to an old save that was basically just freshly into the postgame. The last I knew the mods to skip the story and dialog were kind of scattershot in how they worked, the animations had to play out even without the speech. Have those things been improved or has the game added the option to skip that stuff?

I really love the gameplay in this but holy shit I just cannot sit there and listen to this same shit again.
I'm having fun with multiple simultaneous playthroughs. They've stopped improving the game. Still plenty of bugs floating around including ones introduced by the last few releases.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully next year. I think we got garbage DLC for Wonderlands because of BL4 work.
I think it was either
They weren't expecting it to be success and threw something together
They took planned free updates and turned them into DLC.

Really just want a double jump and dash. And for snipers and rocket launchers to not suck.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
I'm excited that BL3 is getting a Switch port, but I'm really wary of it. It seems like something that the Switch just doesn't have the processing capacity to handle. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Currently working on a new character in BL3 and having this portable would be sick. Very curious how the Switch version will shake out. Remote play with the new Playstation thing might be good too.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
Currently working on a new character in BL3 and having this portable would be sick. Very curious how the Switch version will shake out. Remote play with the new Playstation thing might be good too.
Honestly, the game works fine on the Steam Deck. Maybe I'm worrying about things a bit more than I need to. If all it is is a matter of tuning, then it should be fine. Maybe that it works fine on the Deck is what prompted them to see if they could port it to Switch.