• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
To be honest, this isn't really something new for Borderlands, but I guess since not enough people complained about it in BL2, they thought people liked it that way decided to keep it.

I thought they might have fixed it for 3. Guess not. Just like they didn't add in extra vending machines. Nothing worse than having a million guns to loot and nowhere to sell the junk.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought they might have fixed it for 3. Guess not. Just like they didn't add in extra vending machines. Nothing worse than having a million guns to loot and nowhere to sell the junk.

Yeah, the vending machines issue is odd. I mean there is one map on late Pandora that has like 3 or 4 vending machines, which is cool. Then you have fucking huge Skywell with one set of vending machins at the beginning and nothing else. Like, what?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Got fed up with fl4k having a single viable spec in Mayhem 3 so started to play again as Moze and the Iron Bear mechanic seems....terrible

I'm only lvl 11 but does it get to be more powerful and worthwhile?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Got fed up with fl4k having a single viable spec in Mayhem 3 so started to play again as Moze and the Iron Bear mechanic seems....terrible

people Here have said Iron Bear is good for leveling but is not viable endgame just like FL4K pets. I see everyone talking about some grenade spam build everywhere I look for Moze so if you don't want to throw Grenades, and the bear is useless at endgame im not sure what other builds are viable.

the fuckery of these "pets" classes is insane to me. Have entire skill trees devoted to them and then give them no ability to be used at higher levels of play. Gearbox needs to seriously take a step back, look at Iron Bear and FL4K pets and figure out how to make them viable.

Embarrassing the game is in its current state re: builds. Honestly makes me not want to play but I have been toying around with Amara and just doing a plain elemental build that hopefully won't be nerfed into oblivion.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Leveling it scales well, but endgame it is next to useless. You do more damage outside your mech than in it. I just use it as an oh shit button, I'm about to go down, so I'll just suit up.

Here's a more detailed video about it:

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Once you get things like the deathless artifact and certain legendary guns, the class perks still make it fun without really using Iron Bear.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017

Iron Bear is great leading up to max level, but it loses viability once you hit Mayhem 1 and generally gets outpaced by the full Demolition Woman build where everything is an explosion after you have a bunch of legendaries.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So is it true that Zane is "weak" because his skills are effectively not functioning as they're supposed to? That seems like a pretty glaring oversight in the grand scheme of things. You'd think having abilities function as they're intended would be something you'd really want ready by, yenno, launch?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I just realized that Amara's Allure (Singularity augment) was fixed somewhat recently. Don't remember seeing anything about her in any notes aside from them mentioning how Glamour was fixed, even though it already worked anyway. I already thought Ties That Bind with Allure was her best combination, but it's even better now. Like, a lot better.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Anyone have experience with the couch co op in this game? Partner and I are looking for a new game to play after going through MCC. He's pretty horrible at video games, but likes shooters. Soo is this something that I could essentially guide us through?

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have experience with the couch co op in this game? Partner and I are looking for a new game to play after going through MCC. He's pretty horrible at video games, but likes shooters. Soo is this something that I could essentially guide us through?
Yeah but make sure you're roughly the same levels, I lost all of my fast travel locations after playing with someone, I only had access to the ones she had visited.

Performance wise it's fine although the menu lag is terrible, seriously disappointing.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
All my fast travel points disappeared, planets regularly disappear from the fast travel menu requiring me to navigate Sanctuary to them and use the drop pod, and location discovery achievements keep popping while I'm on a totally different planet.

I hate it.

Oct 27, 2017
All my fast travel points disappeared, planets regularly disappear from the fast travel menu requiring me to navigate Sanctuary to them and use the drop pod, and location discovery achievements keep popping while I'm on a totally different planet.

I hate it.
yeah, this happened to me. I've used the opportunity to open them up again and that's allowed me to level up, I'm almost at 50.

BTW, what fast travel do I need to open to get to Graveward and how do I get there, I can't remember? I want to farm him

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
So is it true that Zane is "weak" because his skills are effectively not functioning as they're supposed to? That seems like a pretty glaring oversight in the grand scheme of things. You'd think having abilities function as they're intended would be something you'd really want ready by, yenno, launch?

False. The person who posted that info on Reddit did poor testing. Many of their claims were wrong and many of the claims that may have be right have been patched. Zane is 'weak' largely because he's actually balanced properly. Most of the 'strong' builds in the game are either clearly unintended or just straight up make heavy use of bugs and exploits. Also because boss farming is so popular due to the game being new and people needing gear farm. He's a better mobber than he is a boss killer, even if he can still kill bosses in seconds.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
False. The person who posted that info on Reddit did poor testing. Many of their claims were wrong and many of the claims that may have be right have been patched. Zane is 'weak' largely because he's actually balanced properly. Most of the 'strong' builds in the game are either clearly unintended or just straight up make heavy use of bugs and exploits. Also because boss farming is so popular due to the game being new and people needing gear farm. He's a better mobber than he is a boss killer, even if he can still kill bosses in seconds.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I plan on using Zane on my second playthrough, so that's good to know. Appreciate it!

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
oh my god, what on earth was this birthday side quest with mordercai? I was not expecting that, brb gonna cry for the rest of the day

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
How is the content after beating the story? Like is there a gooda mount of stuff to do?

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
What's the most OP/broken char build to clear ads on true vault mayhem 3?
Anyone can beat moze explosive/nade buid?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh wow, I just realized that Amara's Allure (Singularity augment) was fixed somewhat recently. Don't remember seeing anything about her in any notes aside from them mentioning how Glamour was fixed, even though it already worked anyway. I already thought Ties That Bind with Allure was her best combination, but it's even better now. Like, a lot better.
Fixed how? I thought it worked fine before

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Fixed how? I thought it worked fine before

Watch...

All it ever did previously was grab whatever enemy was closest to the main target grab and ragdoll them for about two seconds. That's it. Now it acts like a suped up Eternal Fist, unless he's using some annointed perk I haven't seen yet.

edit: Oh wait, is he using Stillness of Mind? I stopped using it a long time ago, and never actually tried it with TTB. The melee build can't grab that anyway. Haven't actually seen anyone use that until now either. When I used it before though, it only seemed to want to grab one enemy at a time anyway. Either this is a specific combination that works, or they did change something.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's something about the guns with the sticky bomb option that I just love. Must be the devastation + fireworks effect and sound once you reload. Just works well with Moze too.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Welp

Finally lost what was in my bank. At least I put most of the good stuff on my backup characters. Still annoying though

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Leveling it scales well, but endgame it is next to useless. You do more damage outside your mech than in it. I just use it as an oh shit button, I'm about to go down, so I'll just suit up.

Here's a more detailed video about it:

Yeah, I use Iron Bear like this, like extra health. I did find out you can have the same skill on both sides, I thought it had to be different. I just unlocked using artifacts, but I'm at the bottom of her Shield of Retribution tree, and its amazing. Time to work on the other trees now. I legit think Moze might be the most OP for those that don't wanna invest too much thought into using the skills.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Watch...

All it ever did previously was grab whatever enemy was closest to the main target grab and ragdoll them for about two seconds. That's it. Now it acts like a suped up Eternal Fist, unless he's using some annointed perk I haven't seen yet.

edit: Oh wait, is he using Stillness of Mind? I stopped using it a long time ago, and never actually tried it with TTB. The melee build can't grab that anyway. Haven't actually seen anyone use that until now either. When I used it before though, it only seemed to want to grab one enemy at a time anyway. Either this is a specific combination that works, or they did change something.

He's using Stillness of Mind, yes. Think it's the best augment to use with Ties that Bind.

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Welp

Finally lost what was in my bank. At least I put most of the good stuff on my backup characters. Still annoying though

Yeah, this sucks. Especially after they said that they worked on it in the latest notes.

I found out that some of my stuff that I dropped on the floor for my secondary account disappeard too. Sadly one Knife Drain White Elephant relic with +25% melee damage was lost that way... :(

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
¿Can somebody explain to me how Amara 'Rush' works? It's supossed to 'spend' the stack when using the action skill, but it only appears in the hud AFTER using the action skill.

I'm very confused.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
How do I get to the Floating Tomb though? It's through Jakob's Estate correct? I've unlocked Knotty Peak and Almbermale again so far
I just did this, I think it's thru Albemarle. It's an area in there that looks like the estate.

Or its thru the estate. One or the other.

Ok, Floodmore Basin, to Blackbarrel Cellars. Reliance is the closest Fast Travel point. Going by my map, could be wrong tho. But I think this is right.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all see the latest SHIFT code? Expires soon:
W9K3J-BFCS3-HKBKW-B3BBB-RBTSH

Following Borderlands 3, Randy Pitchford and a few of the unofficial Shift Code Twitter handles that have popped up has been worthwhile.

Oct 27, 2017
I just did this, I think it's thru Albemarle. It's an area in there that looks like the estate.

Or its thru the estate. One or the other.

Ok, Floodmore Basin, to Blackbarrel Cellars. Reliance is the closest Fast Travel point. Going by my map, could be wrong tho. But I think this is right.
That's right, through the cellars, I remember now. Thanks!