• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I don't know if I was the only one with an issue with the game, but I just started it yesterday and for some reason I could not play it for too long. My eyes were really bothering me during my time with it, don't know if it was frame rate, the colors, or something else but I had to put it down and I have never had to do that with any other game.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
What's the most OP/broken char build to clear ads on true vault mayhem 3?
Anyone can beat moze explosive/nade buid?
There is a Moze build that uses bloodletter and a shield/health regen bug which can get your facepuncher damage in the double digit millions.

Haven't seen anything stronger yet. It'll probably get patched though.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I hit level 50, but I didn't get the Achievement. Has anyone else run into this problem? This is...wtf. I was playing online matchmaking when I hit the level, and now idk what to do.

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
Is it possible to get a higher level Laser Sploder?
Borderlands3_2019_10_05_22_08_59_696.png

I have a higher damage Laser Sploder (605), but not annointed. Not that I even use Iron Bear anyway.

Also have an 855 incendiary one that does not consume 2 ammo per shot.

Also it's really stupidly easy to duplicate your own items and give them to friends .... Gearbox needs to fix it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
About 24 hours in and man, I am not getting good guns at all from any of these drops. I've only gotten good stuff from using golden keys or the gun shop on Sanctuart. Maybe I'm misremembering the last games but I've never come across so many useless guns. Even from the bosses

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
About 24 hours in and man, I am not getting good guns at all from any of these drops. I've only gotten good stuff from using golden keys or the gun shop on Sanctuart. Maybe I'm misremembering the last games but I've never come across so many useless guns. Even from the bosses
It gets better. I do agree early on the weapons aren't that good. I usually didn't buy weapons in the previous game, this one I do, alot.

Part of it is the anointed gear you can buy in Sanctuary, and the shops in Sanctuary level up with you.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
There is a Moze build that uses bloodletter and a shield/health regen bug which can get your facepuncher damage in the double digit millions.

Haven't seen anything stronger yet. It'll probably get patched though.

It's not even practical though. You have to let your shield break a bunch of times, and it resets if you reload the game. The most "OP" build by default would likely just be Moze + Deathless + Shield of Retribution and Demolition trees. Runner up would be Amara Elements/Brawler or Elements/Mystic.

You are not misremembering. Borderlands 2 dropped way more useful guns as you progressed through just your first playthrough. The enemies are stronger in this, and the guns weaker in general until you hit 50. It's also partially because unless you're running around with purples or at least blues somewhat within the enemy level range, you won't make as much of a dent. This is not a problem once you hit 50 though since there's no level variance to have to worry about. There's the Mayhem randomness, but it's not as much of an issue once your character has 48 skill points allocated.

Save yourself some grief and just backup your profile and saves and abuse the golden keys every five to ten levels.

edit: Disregard I guess if you were already level 50. By that point, you'll start seeing a bunch of decent guns, but with Mayhem on, maybe 10% of them are still useful.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's killing the game

Got a solid deal here buying the complete edition for $70, so I'm gonna wait a few months and hope Gearbox can deliver decent post-launch support

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Entirety of my bl1 and bl2 experience. Luckily the underlying systems and gameplay in 3 is 100x better where having a 'weaker' gun doesn't mean anything. I was using guns that were 10 levels and lower than my current for the absolute longest time, and they still hurt enemies and worked! Really lovely what they did this time around.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
really? I tried it for like 20 minutes after it got nerfed and it felt terrible. Fade away was way too short. And kings call nerf killed it for me even more as that was the only gun I used

Check out my custom FL4K skill tree build! #Borderlands3 https://borderlands.com/en-US/chara...1_2011892216-2744910560_772024924-2329546787"

I got Fade Away back on cd under maybe 10 seconds top and it lasts 45% longer than 5 seconds ? its still one shotting any 4 bars mob and bosses die just as fast as before, granted I got a solid Lyuda

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I have a question.

I just beat the game and unlocked Mayhem mode and TVHM.

If I start a game on TVHM I can still just go back and set it to Normal and then go back to my Mayhem mode playthrough with the game cleared and all my zones unlocked correct?

Like TVHM and Normal mode are two different save states that just share my character?

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a question.

If I start a game on TVHM I can still just go back and set it to Normal and then go back to my Mayhem mode playthrough with the game cleared and all my zones unlocked correct?

Like TVHM and Normal mode are two different save states that just share my character?
Yes, you choose which mode to play on the main screen. TVHM is basically a NG+ and you use your existing character to play through the game again from the start (with increased difficulty) or you can just swap back to normal mode and pick up where you left off on the main file you completed the game on. Swap back and forth at will depending on your mood.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
So I have a question.

pretty much. And if you're on PC, you can set mayhem difficulty on TVHM as you play through once you get to Sanctuary.
That option is not available on console.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pretty much. And if you're on PC, you can set mayhem difficulty on TVHM as you play through once you get to Sanctuary.
That option is not available on console.
Yes, you choose which mode to play on the main screen. TVHM is basically a NG+ and you use your existing character to play through the game again from the start (with increased difficulty) or you can just swap back to normal mode and pick up where you left off on the main file you completed the game on. Swap back and forth at will depending on your mood.

Excellent! Thanks to you both.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
What's the locked slot at the bottom right of the left panel on the inventory screen? I only have that one and the 4th gun slot still locked.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just hit eden 6 around level 24, how much further into the campaign ? Kind of getting bored tbh
You're maybe halfway. Sorry.

Welp

Finally lost what was in my bank. At least I put most of the good stuff on my backup characters. Still annoying though
This sucks. I thought it was fixed with the last patch. Time to pull some stuff back out of the bank.

Haven't played much since fl4k crit build got nerfed. Is there a new current best build for Fl4k?
Same build, just ditch the crit ammo return perk in the first tier. It's useless now.

Check out my custom FL4K skill tree build! #Borderlands3 https://borderlands.com/en-US/characters/fl4k/#t="cb__2759216193___p__117127705-5_281565876-5_3876256157-3_4171864922-1_2927115417-3_848128962-5_1474023286-3_2030200031-1_3579448174-5_3320005682-3_4162841610-3_1546991626-5_3024594450-3_2675403350-3___e__1618958551-2811446764_52532438-447597971_2011892216-2744910560_772024924-2329546787"

I got Fade Away back on cd under maybe 10 seconds top and it lasts 45% longer than 5 seconds ? its still one shotting any 4 bars mob and bosses die just as fast as before, granted I got a solid Lyuda
Which Lyuda are you using? I've got like 4 to drop and I go back and forth on which is optimal.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
It's not even practical though. You have to let your shield break a bunch of times, and it resets if you reload the game. The most "OP" build by default would likely just be Moze + Deathless + Shield of Retribution and Demolition trees. Runner up would be Amara Elements/Brawler or Elements/Mystic.
Nah. It's super practical. You just aim shock laser sploder at your feet for a while(not even a long time) a boom, you're making a joke of any circle of slaughter or farmable boss.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
At first I didn't think storage would be too much of an issue, but between all the elemental effects, artifacts, unique guns, and now the variety of useful anointed skills, damn there really needs to be a bigger bank in this. Why have so much variety and not let you save stuff and experiment?

Also, I sure hope they patch the item sorting since sorting by type doesn't work in the bank.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The Pain and Terror boss is annoying. I keep mistiming my jumps and losing my shield and nearly all my health. I then get hit by someone or the fire floor and get into the fight for your life but the blade has wiped out all the other bandits and can't recover.

Might go back to Sanctuary spend all my money on SDUs and unload any extra weapons. Already lost 80k retrying the boss.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone up for Circle of Slaughter/Proving Grounds on PC? Level 38 Moze, EGS name Freedom 35.

Jan 10, 2018
Spent almost the whole weekend farming bosses on mayhem 3 after finally hitting level 50. Filled my bank and backpack full of legendries and sold more than I can remember, but no deathless artefact or bloodletter mod. Really wanna try this 1hp Moze build. If anyone has a spare on PS4 I can trade for other character mods or guns I've got.

I got so many guns that I didn't have time to play with them to see what's worth keeping or selling. I did get a Cloning Hex grenade, but not the Recurring one I was after though.

Probably a stupid question but does gear dropped on mayhem mode in TVHM have a considerably higher item score than gear dropped on mayhem mode on first playthrough?

Oct 25, 2017
The Pain and Terror boss is annoying. I keep mistiming my jumps and losing my shield and nearly all my health. I then get hit by someone or the fire floor and get into the fight for your life but the blade has wiped out all the other bandits and can't recover.

Might go back to Sanctuary spend all my money on SDUs and unload any extra weapons. Already lost 80k retrying the boss.

Yeah that boss be tricky crouching doesn't seem to dodge the upper blade attack. I guess you have to time your slide perfectly. Using Amara with a lot all of her regenerative and tanking skills helped a lot. Plus not killing the adds and staying close to one for second wind. I really like the way the boss fight force you to stay on the move. I've only had one fight where I could hide and cheese. Most have mechanics that punish that.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spent almost the whole weekend farming bosses on mayhem 3 after finally hitting level 50. Filled my bank and backpack full of legendries and sold more than I can remember, but no deathless artefact or bloodletter mod. Really wanna try this 1hp Moze build. If anyone has a spare on PS4 I can trade for other character mods or guns I've got.

I got so many guns that I didn't have time to play with them to see what's worth keeping or selling. I did get a Cloning Hex grenade, but not the Recurring one I was after though.

Probably a stupid question but does gear dropped on mayhem mode in TVHM have a considerably higher item score than gear dropped on mayhem mode on first playthrough?
I did the same and ended up with a deathless artifact, Flakker, laser-sploder, but I farmed mostly Truant.

Hex grenades kill him quick, and both him and those five chests in his boss area seemed like they yielded better results than other bosses that took longer to kill.

It felt like going off and online from time to time provided better drops than just staying offline the entire time...but I have no clue if that's truly the case.

Jan 10, 2018
I did the same and ended up with a deathless artifact, Flakker, laser-sploder, but I farmed mostly Truant.

Hex grenades kill him quick, and both him and those five chests in his boss area seemed like they yielded better results than other bosses that took longer to kill.

It felt like going off and online from time to time provided better drops than just staying offline the entire time...but I have no clue if that's truly the case.
I farmed Traunt for a while to get a recurring Hex but he never dropped one. I did get a Quasar from one of the ammo chests in his area though. A Hex and a Flakker does take him down quite quick and there's an eridium chest to open once he's dead too so it's quite a productive farm. Easiest farm by far is Killavolt if you have the Transformer shield, and there's 2 chests to open once he's dead too.

I'd heard that Katagawa Jr had an increased drop rate for legendary class mods this week but I didn't notice any more drop from him than anyone else. And it takes longer to kill him than most bosses so it's not too efficient to farm him.

Does going offline really make a difference? I see people saying to go offline to farm but has it been proven to improve the drop rates?

Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Finally got the firing range trophy. Tip for anyone still trying to get it, use the hanging Chad or another infinite gun and just don't stop shooting.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I farmed Traunt for a while to get a recurring Hex but he never dropped one. I did get a Quasar from one of the ammo chests in his area though. A Hex and a Flakker does take him down quite quick and there's an eridium chest to open once he's dead too so it's quite a productive farm. Easiest farm by far is Killavolt if you have the Transformer shield, and there's 2 chests to open once he's dead too.

I'd heard that Katagawa Jr had an increased drop rate for legendary class mods this week but I didn't notice any more drop from him than anyone else. And it takes longer to kill him than most bosses so it's not too efficient to farm him.

Does going offline really make a difference? I see people saying to go offline to farm but has it been proven to improve the drop rates?
"Supposedly" going offline, for whatever reason, effectively reverts the drop rate to it's pre-patched state...but whether that's actually true, I have no idea.

From my time of farming two days ago, Grave for an hour or so, and then Truant for 2-3 hours, I probably had 30+ legendaries drop in a mix online and offline mayhem 3 non-TVHM play.

I'm still waiting for a bloodletter mod and a level 50 transformer shield to drop.

Jan 10, 2018
"Supposedly" going offline, for whatever reason, effectively reverts the drop rate to it's pre-patched state...but whether that's actually true, I have no idea.

From my time of farming two days ago, Grave for an hour or so, and then Truant for 2-3 hours, I probably had 30+ legendaries drop in a mix online and offline mayhem 3 non-TVHM play.

I'm still waiting for a bloodletter mod and a level 50 transformer shield to drop.
You on PS4? I have a spare transformer if you want it. I got one from the It's Alive quest then one dropped from Killavolt the same day.

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
So I wanted to level up my Alt without having to go through the story, any tricks I can employ? Is there a LFG sort of thing for BL? Checked reddit did not come across anything...

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not sure how common that is, but I tried doing the Slaughterhouse 3000 yesterday for the first time and one of the enemy spawned behind walls and got stuck there, meaning there was no way to complete the wave. Thankfully it was only the 3rd wave of the first round, but I can't imagine how frustrating that would be if it happened on the last round.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
So I wanted to level up my Alt without having to go through the story, any tricks I can employ? Is there a LFG sort of thing for BL? Checked reddit did not come across anything...

If you got friends or someone willing to join you you can just play proving grounds. You level up so fast with that.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey, The quality of loot on True Vault Hunter are better? Whats the differences ?

I think the only thing that changes is how choosing the correct element is more important than on normal. Like corrosive do an extra 25% damage on armor and 25% less on shield or something like that. That plus stronger enemies?

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Just finished first playthrough and rolled right over into TVHM and flipped on Mayhem. The idea that not everything scales to your level on the first play through is so dumb. I'm already switching up weapons way more bc the drops are actually my level.

Are all three mayhem modes available right away, or do you have to beat TVHM a few times?

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Anointed enemies are such a pain lol. They should be dropping legendaries for the amount of time I spend killing them.

I do like mayhem on normal though, seems this should be the main difficulty from the start.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Just finished first playthrough and rolled right over into TVHM and flipped on Mayhem. The idea that not everything scales to your level on the first play through is so dumb. I'm already switching up weapons way more bc the drops are actually my level.

Are all three mayhem modes available right away, or do you have to beat TVHM a few times?

All 3 will be available right away. To get mayhem mode in TVHM you'll need to complete story on that s