• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game support mods or any kind of UI alteration? Inventory management and item comparison needs a massive overhaul, and I bet a ton of aspiring mod and UI designers could do a better job than what comes with the game. It's the one thing I absolutely hate about this game. The UI for inventory management and equipment comparison absolutely sucks shit.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
You're the first person to say it has to be out and not just equipped, you got a source on that?

Certainly !

FEQfk5i.png

(Keep in mind its an 10 days old post and the annointment might be working since the recent hotfix)

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Only gotta finish slaughterstar and do the multiplayer trophies for the plat.

Was one of those games where I never started out trying to plat it but I naturally unlocked so many, that I just ended up deciding to plat it.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I thought so too for a long time.

I think someone said they only had to be equipped early on and people just ran with it. They don't feature visible buff icons so...

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I watched some stream of cohh with the game and he has a bunch of special sidequest in sanctuary (rick and morty, demogorgon etc.) that i don't have, it's something dlc related or i have some bug?

thanks.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just coming back to the site after a long hiatus. I've been having a blast with this after playing through the Presequel and the new BL2 DLC with a friend over the summer.

Playing as a phasegrasp Amara and finished up the campaign with friends and did a fair bit if farming with them on mayhem 3. Lately I have been soloing TVHM to be able to do mayhem there and to be sure to see all the story missions as I missed a few jumping around to different friends' games. Just mainlining the story missions and saving sidequests for mayhem mode--other than Swamp Bro as I wanted that gun.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda assumed the Annointed guns had to be active in your hand to get the buff, and I noticed the ones that had a chance to cause "xx" type of damage only worked when I was using it.

Still, good to know someone actually tested it and confirmed my suspicion.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Well, you know that we don't all have the time to get four characters to 50 to test these things out, or time to test multiple permutations of loadouts. Most of us just play when we get the time

I understand that, but when you're wondering if something works or not and have the means to find the answer, it doesn't take that much time. You only need two different annointed weapons, and you don't even have to be 50 either. They start appearing before that point, and can be purchased on the ship.

I mean, I could have been totally mistaken in my assumption after the few weapons I tried out on how they worked, because maybe they just were not working properly at the time. But as far as I knew, based off of the five minutes of testing I did, they had to be in your hand to get the bonus, and swapping would instantly nullify it. One of the easiest types to test too would be the bonus element damage with your next two magazines after any action skill.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If anyone playing Moze find a Quasar grenade, keep it. It work incredibly well with grenade regeneration and healing your shield with the Bloodletter mod. You're almost unkillable with that grenade and mod. The Red Jabber rare in Eden-6'S Ambermire is a good place to farm it until this week's event is over(on Tuesday?). Plus the couple of Thieving Jabbers over there drop so much money you'll max your SDUs quickly.
Plus, it never gets boring to see helpless enemies flying, especially in Mayhem. Throw 3-4(or 19 if you have that much like me) Quasar grenades in a big group and watch the lightning spectacle.

Also, I'm not sure who said the lottery machines give "too much" legendaries, but I must have waste 2 millions at lvl 50 and still haven't seen one. I have more luck just killing enemies or opening boxes at Mayhem III.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What the best way to power level an alt? I need a second character just because the bank space is pitiful. Think I will roll a Moze over Flak.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
They're apparently looking to evolve mayhem over the life of the game, sounds pretty cool. In a year or so there will be an incredible amount of content through dlc and replayability if they do this right.

I hope they make mayhem have more out there interesting modifiers, dumb shit like low gravity and turning movement speed way way way up etc etc.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They're apparently looking to evolve mayhem over the life of the game, sounds pretty cool. In a year or so there will be an incredible amount of content through dlc and replayability if they do this right.

I hope they make mayhem have more out there interesting modifiers, dumb shit like low gravity and turning movement speed way way way up etc etc.

Yeah, honestly if I see modifiers like -50% corrosive, incendiary, radioactive all active at the same time, I just reload my game instead. There has to be better way to make this interesting.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I hope they are in some funny modifiers too lol. Something like bigger heads or something else ridiculous.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Golden chest guns don't seem as badass as they were in previous games

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
I thought so too for a long time.

I think someone said they only had to be equipped early on and people just ran with it. They don't feature visible buff icons so...

Yeah it was a Gothalion's tweet

'nyway, game gonna change quite a bit by thursday, farm what you must but dont look at relying on a select few guns. Like I don't even know why they're gonna nerf lyuda and hellwalker

Oct 26, 2017
What's the one legendary item that you folks have been getting the most? For me, it's the Woodblocker sniper rifle. I've gotten it in multiple chests, and have had it drop at least four times now.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Wow I just started a new character and I didn't know your guardian rank carries over! I already have the hunter filled with flaak so it's is great.

Edit but I won't increase rank until I hit lvl 50?

also, any tips for Amara, skill points wise?

mystical assault seems like fun, also, is brawl any good? I want to melee mainly.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I just started a new character and I didn't know your guardian rank carries over! I already have the hunter filled with flaak so it's is great.

Edit but I won't increase rank until I hit lvl 50?

You still increase your ranks. Once it's unlocked, it's unlocked. What you're seeing is the very small experience gains towards it while reaching level 50 again. Depending on how many ranks you already have, you should earn another one by the time you hit level 30.

Onclemol

Oct 12, 2019
France
I'll start playing the game soon (if EGS stop crashing during download)
Wich class is the most fun ti play in this ? (Got a great time with Gaige and Salvador in BL2)

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a Cryo Recurring Hex (MIRV) with 583% efficiency, Cryo Laser-Sploder and an Artifact that gives me +35% bonus damage to frozen enemies and +50% Cryo efficiency. I'm out here creating a frozen tundra with my Digi-Clone and keeping my action skills up infinitely.

Update:

Building upon this build, also got a Frozen Heart Shield from Aurelia at Eden-6 (triggers a Cryo nova explosion after shield depletion, and the Digi-Clone will also copy this shield mod), plus a Cryo Crossroad which shreds and crits like crazy.

In process of uploading a video showcasing the build and using it at the Slaughtershaft in Mayhem 3 with little to no trouble. Anointed enemies get taken care of by Flakker or the Clone with Scourge.

Oct 26, 2017
I might have had the biggest streak of luck I'm ever going to have in this game. I got a boatload of legendaries to drop over the course of my playtime today, and pretty much all of them were items I've wanted, or wanted to try.

I'm scared a meteor's going to hit my house later.

deoee

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide on what to farm on FL4K.

Atm I'm wandering around relatively aimlessly and kill world bosses but I have nothing specific to farm :-/
Any suggestions?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Cmon patch day

Yeah, big head mode is the type of thing I'm hoping for. Basically take a look at what old shooters had as cheats and just go crazy.
Got bored and threw together a revamp on modifiers
All mayhem 1 modifiers can appear in mayhem 2/3, and mayhem 2 modifiers can appear in mayhem 3.

MAYHEM ONE:

• Big head mode
  • Circle of Death: Shooting with a gun gives ammo to the clip of the next gun(clockwise)
  • Low gravity
  • Fast Hands: Players/enemies reload their guns faster
  • Vampire: Players/enemies regenerate health continuously
  • I Can Do This All Day: Players/enemies get a bigger magazine size on all weapons
  • Red Rain: Grouped up enemies take more damage
  • Eagle Eye: The further away from an enemy you are, the more damage you do
  • Facehugger: The closer to an enemy you are, the more damage you do
  • Splish Splash: Upon causing an elemental effect, a puddle is spawned of that element at the effect place
  • Rage: The lower health players/enemies are, the more damage they deal
  • Bouncy house: All bullets reflect off surfaces
  • Nostalgia Glasses: The longer it's been since a weapon was pulled out, the more damage it will deal upon swapping to it
  • Drunken Haze: Accuracy is heavily reduced, but gun/melee damage is dramatically increased
MAYHEM TWO:

• Torgue special: Explosion radius on everything is double
  • Oh Hare Hare: Movement and projectile speed is doubled for players/enemies
  • Pimp Hand: Melee knockback distance is increased by 5x and melee damage by 2x for players/enemies
  • Ol Switcheroo: Enemies gain resistance to the last element they were shot with for 5 seconds
  • Lucky Shot: First shot in every magazine has 100% accuracy
  • Fetch Me Their Souls: Killing an enemy gives a stackable 10% damage boost for 3 seconds
  • Spammy: Action skill cools down faster but damage is decreased
  • Last Will: When enemies die they launch a blood ball at the player which explodes on impact
  • Bloodlust: Enemies constantly run towards the player
  • Jack in the box: Killing normal enemies spawn a tink
  • Minute Men: Guns have a chance to unload their whole clip on the first trigger pull
  • Implosion Control Problems: Killing an enemy makes them implode, drawing nearby enemies/players into them
MAYHEM THREE:

• Small head mode
  • Snapback: Bullets return to the place they were fired from after hitting something
  • Dual wield: Each enemy has 2 guns
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: you are met with a tink horde
  • That's Legendary: Enemies can now spawn with legendary guns
  • Rally: Grouped up enemies deal increased damage and have a faster fire rate
  • The Bandit King: Special enemies spawn which gain damage and health when an enemy dies around them
  • Monster Reborn: Killing an enemy has a chance to resurrect them as a badass (this can only occur once)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What's the fastest way too boost an alt? I just need more inventory space. 90 slots is ridiculous for the amount of loot in this game. I really don't want to start deleting legendary gear I haven't even tried yet, but I'm at that point.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am up to level 32 or 33 now.. I'll be honest, I'm not sure that I am actually enjoying this game as much as I remember liking Borderlands 1 and 2. I don't know if it's just because I'm relatively underwhelmed by FL4K or what, but I feel like I'm playing more out of obligation than enjoyment already. I find the progression and lack of variety in enemies to be very underwhelming. Think I will definitely sell this the minute I beat it.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Golden chest guns don't seem as badass as they were in previous games

That's because leveling up in BL2 dropped nothing but greens and whites. Getting two purples out of the golden chest felt like rare loot. Way more blues and purples drop and are available to buy in vending in this game, so a chest full of 6-8 purples isn't as impactful as 2 were in the BL2 chest.

But my first golden key gave me a level 37 Phasezerker legendary mod for my Amara that was still great at level 50.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Bekah (Jakobs Legendary Assault) only available in the mail after completeing Hammerlock's Legendary Hunt? It's my current go-to gun. Every time I find something else that looks promising I quickly get disappointed and go back to the Bekah. I'm going to be sad if there's no chance for it to drop from another source once mine becomes obsolete after any future raises to the level cap.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I've never heard of the Bekah dropping anywhere else.

But the Lyuda does randomly drop despite being a similar reward so maybe?

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
Performance has actually gotten worse for me the more I play.

Finished the
Atlas level
yesterday and there were parts where I'm sure it went 20fps like a clip show...so annoying

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally finished my first run through the story with a few friends and I had a blast with the game! The ending I found pretty underwhelming though and I have lots of small issues with the game but otherwise I liked it! Gameplay-wise BL3 edges out BL2 for me but I have to say I preferred BL2 by far in terms of atmosphere and locations. There's just something "cozy and homely" about Pandora that I didn't get from planet-hopping on the Sanctuary III as weird as that might sound.