• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Did anybody get the Maliwan weapon that you get by getting all the VIP weapons on the website? I love elemental weapons but I assume it'd be mediocre.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
So I've got one char at 50 now and am working back through the story on TVHM and Mayhem I. What do I do now? Just farm weapons? Mayhem I seems challenging in spots esp on TVHM so I'm not sure I'm ready for II or III yet. But I'm not actually sure what I should be doing. The weapons that are dropping at this point are tending to be lower score than most of the stuff I have.
Thanks in advance.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So I've got one char at 50 now and am working back through the story on TVHM and Mayhem I. What do I do now? Just farm weapons? Mayhem I seems challenging in spots esp on TVHM so I'm not sure I'm ready for II or III yet. But I'm not actually sure what I should be doing. The weapons that are dropping at this point are tending to be lower score than most of the stuff I have.
Thanks in advance.

Yeah pretty much just farm for builds / anointed legendaries. That's more or less the endgame for now until we get more content. Bloody Harvest event will be out in around two weeks, Maliwan Takedown is next month, first DLC probably December/January.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Man, has there been a recent hotfix to improve legendary drops or am I just having a good run? In the space of about 3 hours I just got:

Unlimited The Horizon
Reflecting Messy Breakup
Dastardly Hand of Glory (which I think is mission based anyway)
Unshippable Freeman
Cryo Stone Launch Pad
Unleash the Dragon

Only playing on TVHM no Mayhem.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man, has there been a recent hotfix to improve legendary drops or am I just having a good run? In the space of about 3 hours I just got:

Unlimited The Horizon
Reflecting Messy Breakup
Unshippable Freeman
Cryo Stone Launch Pad
Unleash the Dragon

Dunno if they've done anything but i had a similar run of legendaries all in one session a few weeks ago (before I was 50 so useless now).

So you could just be really lucky but hopefully they have upped the rates.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't follow your line of thinking with the "realistic" options ? Zane's biggest weakness so to speak is that regular non elemental guns aren't incredible at all on him (outside of the flakker for anointed mobs), whereas these on Fl4k / Moze / Amara do the job without really having to worry about resistances and stuff

Synchronicity? Gun damage.
Donnybrook? Gun damage.
Trick of the Light? Bonus damage.
Violent Momentum? Gun damage.
Confident Competence? Gun damage.

Outside of Double Barrel, none of his action skills have any interaction with specific weapon types. He has numerous talents that strengthen said action skills and are therefore all type-agnostic if you don't take DB. He has so many decent talents and so many viable builds (you can randomly distribute talents and you will end up with something much closer to optimal that any other character) that none of his talents with strong type preferences come anywhere remotely close to necessary. Only three of them (Playing Dirty, Double Barrel, and CCC) are strong enough to build around. And even then, those three just happen to activate synergies that enable the use of gear (Woodblocker and Frozen Heart are two examples) no other character even bothers with. You can pretty much yolo a Zane build and it will work reasonably well, even in TVHM Mayhem 3.

Meanwhile, Moze has an entire tree packed with talents that outright require explosive damage. Your alternatives on that tree are focused around grenades (taking a single specific gear slot) and her action skill (that currently isn't even worth using endgame.) Another entire tree is thematically focused around gear with a specific (not every gun gains from mag refill equally) attribute. Two of her three trees are literally built around specific types of gear.

Amara and Flak are somewhere in the middle in their demands.

Like, frankly, this isn't even something particularly arguable. I'm not providing an opinion. When I refer to many of Zane's talents being 'type agnostic' I'm simply describing a feature present in them. If what I'm talking about makes you think of something not present in the tooltips in the game, you're misunderstanding what I'm talking about. Zane is not as gear dependent as the other characters because his talents do not depend on particularities as strongly or as often as the other characters.

Strength, in particular, has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I couldn't give the slightest shit about power level when every character in the game can kill bosses in less than a second (less than a minute with purples) and the worst character in the game can trivially get near-perfect uptime on immortality (even with purples) while mobbing. I don't care if Ties That Bind is so strong that you can run non elemental weapons with Amara's elemental tree and still kill stuff. That being the case does not in any way change the fact that multiple talents in the tree that contains Ties That Bind literally do not function whatsoever with non elemental weapons.

(Stabbie's quote, for example: Two of his three trees do not have a single talent that has any interaction with elemental weapons.)

Last edited:

casekillacam

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly Playing Overwatch
Here's my Frozen Tundra Zane build.

https://youtu.be/YXkPdYvR1rE

The must-haves on this build is a Cryo Crossroad SMG, Recurring Hex Cryo, Cold Warrior Class Mod (bonus to Synchronicity) and an Ice Breaker Artifact to boost damage against Frozen enemies and improve Cryo efficiency. Everything else is to your liking, especially when it comes to dealing with Anointed enemies and giving your Digi-Clone a decent weapon for Double Barrel (Double Agent capstone). Viable build for Mayhem 3 and is good for mobbing.

Equipment:
  • Crossroad SMG (Cryo) - primary damage dealer, insane crit and burst damage for freezing
  • Laser-Sploder Assault Rifle (Cryo) - I prefer this over Lucian's Call, it's like you're Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin!
  • Flakker Shotgun - used against Anointed enemies
  • Scourge Rocket Launcher (Shock) - this is what the Digi-Clone will be using primarily, it shreds!
  • Frozen Heart Shield - Cryo nova explosions after shield depletion, and the Clone gets this too!
  • Recurring Hex (Cryo) - one of the best grenades and essential in creating our Frozen Tundra
  • Cold Warrior Class Mod (+2 Ready for Action, +3 Synchronicity)
  • Ice Breaker Artifact - bonus damage against frozen enemies and increased Cryo efficiency
Doubled Agent Tree:
  • Synchronicity (8/5): +32% gun damage per active action skill
  • Praemunitus (3/3): +25% magazine size for Zane and Digi-Clone
  • Donnybrook (5/5): +15% gun damage, 2.5% health regen for Zane and Digi-Clone (Kill Skill)
  • Fractal Frags (1/1): Clone spawns with grenade and drops a free grenade on death. Also, 30% chance for clone to throw another grenade on Kill Skill while still active.
  • Duct Tape Mod (5/5): Zane gets a 20% chance to throw a grenade from first shot fired
  • Binary System (Augment): Cryo nova every time Zane swaps with his clone
  • Schadenfreude (Augment): Shields restored +100% of Digi-Clone's damage
  • Pocket Full of Grenades (3/3): Grenade regeneration 20% per second (Kill Skill)
  • Boom. Enhance. (1/1): Clone consumes up to 3 grenades for massive buffs
  • Trick of the Light (1/3): Only put 1 point in here to move down to the capstone
  • Double Barrel (1/1): Clone spawns and is equipped with Zane's gun, +20% increased gun damage for Zane and clone every time they swap
Under Cover Tree:
  • Adrenaline (5/5): Up to +35% action skill cool down rate based on amount of shields
  • Ready for Action (7/5): +42% shield recharge rate, -36% shield recharge delay
  • Brain Freeze (5/5): +20% chance to slow enemies on crits until they freeze
  • Rise to the Occasion (3/5): +3% health regeneration per second
  • Confident Competence (1/1): Gun damage up to +20%, and accuracy up to +33% based on amount of shields
  • All-Rounder (Augment): Dome shield, +20% cooldown
  • Deterrence Field (Augment): Shock damage and stagger enemies
  • Really Expensive Jacket (1/1): Status effect duration -50%
  • Refreshment (1/3): Life steal 8% of damage dealt
  • Calm, Cool, Collected (1/1): Action skill cooldown and duration immediately reset when freezing enemies while shields and health are full
Link to build:
https://borderlands.com/en-US/characters/zane#t="cb__3859198443___p__2886514866-5_2754125392-3_2585585538-5_1105028631-1_25717230-5_4076945791-1_1028978450-3_2133325953-1_1915910961-1_2252388866-1_2942539557-5_1577929110-5_570334902-5_793918426-3_342715552-1_2564880660-1_1023834817-1_3622895923-1___e__3441733518-1251885132_1590166781-4219377344_1434065960-3548678278_1831362103-2189625759_2424622424-97512464_2477539908-2579579861"

Saving this for later lol

Oct 27, 2017

Unlimited The Horizon
Reflecting Messy Breakup
Unshippable Freeman
Cryo Stone Launch Pad
Unleash the Dragon

I was farming Katagawa Ball this weekend and they were dropping pretty often, at least one a run. Gigamind yesterday was insane, sometime two or three at a time. All but two or three were pretty unexceptional but man they were everywhere

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Are you guys finding BL3 to be as fun as, more than, or less than BL2?

So far I'm having fun overall with the game (on PC) but it just seems a good bit different in some ways to BL2. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just seems off a bit to me. Nothing too bad but every time I play I don't have that same complete enjoyment like I did with BL2. I don't think it's a case of being burned out in any way, just the actual game/engine or w/e def plays in a different way. I know I'm not explaining myself very well, but as I said, I can't figure out what it is exactly that has me thinking it's not the same as the previous games.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks in advance.

Yep, basically just figure out a build you want to work toward for your character and farm gear for that by fighting the easily repeated bosses like Graveward on whatever Mayhem level you can handle, do the optional arena challenges, do remaining sidequests on highest Mayhem you can handle for loot and gaining more player ranks. All to be more leveled/geared up for the raid boss and DLC.

Or just start a second character if that's more your bag. Or just don't bother with the end game and wait for the first story DLC. I did that with BL2, but I'm playing more regularly with a few friends in this game so I'm spending more time on end game stuff.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my Frozen Tundra Zane build.

https://youtu.be/YXkPdYvR1rE

The must-haves on this build is a Cryo Crossroad SMG, Recurring Hex Cryo, Cold Warrior Class Mod (bonus to Synchronicity) and an Ice Breaker Artifact to boost damage against Frozen enemies and improve Cryo efficiency. Everything else is to your liking, especially when it comes to dealing with Anointed enemies and giving your Digi-Clone a decent weapon for Double Barrel (Double Agent capstone). Viable build for Mayhem 3 and is good for mobbing.

Equipment:
  • Crossroad SMG (Cryo) - primary damage dealer, insane crit and burst damage for freezing
  • Laser-Sploder Assault Rifle (Cryo) - I prefer this over Lucian's Call, it's like you're Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin!
  • Flakker Shotgun - used against Anointed enemies
  • Scourge Rocket Launcher (Shock) - this is what the Digi-Clone will be using primarily, it shreds!
  • Frozen Heart Shield - Cryo nova explosions after shield depletion, and the Clone gets this too!
  • Recurring Hex (Cryo) - one of the best grenades and essential in creating our Frozen Tundra
  • Cold Warrior Class Mod (+2 Ready for Action, +3 Synchronicity)
  • Ice Breaker Artifact - bonus damage against frozen enemies and increased Cryo efficiency
Doubled Agent Tree:
  • Synchronicity (8/5): +32% gun damage per active action skill
  • Praemunitus (3/3): +25% magazine size for Zane and Digi-Clone
  • Donnybrook (5/5): +15% gun damage, 2.5% health regen for Zane and Digi-Clone (Kill Skill)
  • Fractal Frags (1/1): Clone spawns with grenade and drops a free grenade on death. Also, 30% chance for clone to throw another grenade on Kill Skill while still active.
  • Duct Tape Mod (5/5): Zane gets a 20% chance to throw a grenade from first shot fired
  • Binary System (Augment): Cryo nova every time Zane swaps with his clone
  • Schadenfreude (Augment): Shields restored +100% of Digi-Clone's damage
  • Pocket Full of Grenades (3/3): Grenade regeneration 20% per second (Kill Skill)
  • Boom. Enhance. (1/1): Clone consumes up to 3 grenades for massive buffs
  • Trick of the Light (1/3): Only put 1 point in here to move down to the capstone
  • Double Barrel (1/1): Clone spawns and is equipped with Zane's gun, +20% increased gun damage for Zane and clone every time they swap
Under Cover Tree:
  • Adrenaline (5/5): Up to +35% action skill cool down rate based on amount of shields
  • Ready for Action (7/5): +42% shield recharge rate, -36% shield recharge delay
  • Brain Freeze (5/5): +20% chance to slow enemies on crits until they freeze
  • Rise to the Occasion (3/5): +3% health regeneration per second
  • Confident Competence (1/1): Gun damage up to +20%, and accuracy up to +33% based on amount of shields
  • All-Rounder (Augment): Dome shield, +20% cooldown
  • Deterrence Field (Augment): Shock damage and stagger enemies
  • Really Expensive Jacket (1/1): Status effect duration -50%
  • Refreshment (1/3): Life steal 8% of damage dealt
  • Calm, Cool, Collected (1/1): Action skill cooldown and duration immediately reset when freezing enemies while shields and health are full
Link to build:
https://borderlands.com/en-US/characters/zane#t="cb__3859198443___p__2886514866-5_2754125392-3_2585585538-5_1105028631-1_25717230-5_4076945791-1_1028978450-3_2133325953-1_1915910961-1_2252388866-1_2942539557-5_1577929110-5_570334902-5_793918426-3_342715552-1_2564880660-1_1023834817-1_3622895923-1___e__3441733518-1251885132_1590166781-4219377344_1434065960-3548678278_1831362103-2189625759_2424622424-97512464_2477539908-2579579861"

God damn this looks fun, thanks for sharing. Once things get stale with destiny im going to go back to borderlands and would love to farm for this shit, looks so awesome.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

So far I'm having fun overall with the game (on PC) but it just seems a good bit different in some ways to BL2. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just seems off a bit to me. Nothing too bad but every time I play I don't have that same complete enjoyment like I did with BL2. I don't think it's a case of being burned out in any way, just the actual game/engine or w/e def plays in a different way. I know I'm not explaining myself very well, but as I said, I can't figure out what it is exactly that has me thinking it's not the same as the previous games.
I don't know, but I thought this game would be bigger. Pandora seems way smaller than the first 2 games. I expected each world to be as big at the other 3 games.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
So I know no one else gives a fuck generally, but I've been running through collecting ECHO logs I've missed and it's almost criminal how much good writing is in the ECHOs. There's some incredibly great lore, some characterization and building you don't get during the main game and the writing itself is just...better. Like what the hecko. This makes me feel even more like the main plot was under a tight leash they didn't let actually go far from what people stereotype Borderlands as and that the writers used the sidequests, echos and small parts to actually play around and try stuff.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
So I know no one else gives a fuck generally, but I've been running through collecting ECHO logs I've missed and it's almost criminal how much good writing is in the ECHOs. There's some incredibly great lore, some characterization and building you don't get during the main game and the writing itself is just...better. Like what the hecko. This makes me feel even more like the main plot was under a tight leash they didn't let actually go far from what people stereotype Borderlands as and that the writers used the sidequests, echos and small parts to actually play around and try stuff.
The brick and Tina stuff was cool. Oh and kreig. Not found much else.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So all I need for the Platinum is the rest of the Eridian writing and a perfect score in the shooting range.

The writings is just going to be annoying and slightly time consuming, but not that bad.

The shooting range has me confused, I seem to shoot everything that appears but time just runs out....I never see 15 targets, so I assume I'm doing something wrong.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

I'm loving the actual gunplay/gameplay, but the early character nerfs and confirmation that weapon nerfs are coming, leave me with a sense of "what's the point.?" I spent a fair bit of time farming King/Queen's call just for them to get nerfed. I leveled FL4K just in time for their nerf. I got a couple kick-ass Lyuda's and they're next on the nerf list.

Why should I spend time farming for a "god-roll" if the item is just going to be nerfed? And if I'm not farming for "god-rolls", WTF am I playing for?

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
On the planetary progress screen it shows "Covenant Pass: 5/6" and under Covenant Pass: "Zone Progress: 100%"

Which is it?

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm totally missing something but shouldn't my health be regenerating out of combat? Mine is totally stuck. Did I just invent that?

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have something(skill or gear) that cut your health by a % or something?
thought it might be that but I just unequipped everything and nothing changes. None of my items say anything about cutting health. I can check my skill tree but I haven't leveled tonight so I've got no clue what would be doing it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile, Moze has an entire tree packed with talents that outright require explosive damage. Your alternatives on that tree are focused around grenades (taking a single specific gear slot) and her action skill (that currently isn't even worth using endgame.) Another entire tree is thematically focused around gear with a specific (not every gun gains from mag refill equally) attribute. Two of her three trees are literally built around specific types of gear.

Other than going for an endless shield via Bloodletter+ Vampyr, not really. She doesn't require "explosive" weapons either, and that's misleading anyway since her skills revolve around splash damage. The majority of the weapons in the game have, or can come with splash damage. The most explosive damage you reliably use with her anyway outside of the Flakker is through her grenades. That tree is virtually all about the grenades, and while there are obviously some grenades that will be better than another, any will work. Moze can make every weapon work, but just like with the rest of the characters, there are going to be some that are better than others, and the "top tier" weapons are still going to be the best regardless of a character's skill build outside of very specific boss killing builds.

She doesn't need a Flakker to make her Demolition tree work, unlike Zane who needs a mostly all cryo assortment to make his builds that revolve around Calm, Cool, Collected work at all. That's not just one weapon and a relic, it's at least one or two weapon slots aside from one backup weapon of a different element, a specific grenade, a specific relic and class mod. Moze's Bottomless tree does have stricter requirements than her other two, but even then it can just be used as a supplemental tree, and you don't even need to focus on the ammo returning aspect. That tree isn't even her best tree anyway as far as raw damage goes, it's mainly about sustain, which really doesn't matter at that much. You get more damage from her Shield tree than you do the Bottomless tree, which is ironic.

Amara and Flak are somewhere in the middle in their demands.

I suppose I can agree with this, but barely. Amara's only true gearing requirement is if she's wanting to focus more on the Brawl tree. You really want a Face Puncher as your main gun, and you also want some kind of melee focused relic early on, and for Mayhem 3, getting a life steal one makes things a lot easier. Overall though, melee just isn't one of her best routes to go end game, even if you can make it work. Other than that, she doesn't have any real weapon requirements from any of her trees. She has skills in the Elemental tree that let you focus more on elemental weapons if you want, but you don't even really have to exploit those to still get some of the best skills from that tree. None of her action skills really care much either about what weapon you are currently using, because they are based off of either her swappable personal elements, or they aren't even really used for damage in the first place.

Like, frankly, this isn't even something particularly arguable. I'm not providing an opinion. When I refer to many of Zane's talents being 'type agnostic' I'm simply describing a feature present in them. If what I'm talking about makes you think of something not present in the tooltips in the game, you're misunderstanding what I'm talking about. Zane is not as gear dependent as the other characters because his talents do not depend on particularities as strongly or as often as the other characters.

And yet...

There's a pretty large distinction between weapons providing synergies, and actually being able to get more out of a weapon because the synergies are not a requirement. Zane doesn't get more out of weapons just because they aren't all that synergistic. He would be the baseline that everyone else builds on through their synergies. It's just as weird to for you to even bother mentioning how certain skills in certain trees won't function without certain gear when every character has that, even Zane, who you seem to want to believe does not, or not to a similar extent. Hell, even his clone, which is a capstone only really works well with a select few weapons.

Last edited:

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
The shooting range has me confused, I seem to shoot everything that appears but time just runs out....I never see 15 targets, so I assume I'm doing something wrong.
Use one of the bottomless mag guns like the Infinity if you have one and just spray everywhere. Makes getting that achievement trivial.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
(Stabbie's quote, for example: Two of his three trees do not have a single talent that has any interaction with elemental weapons.)

I suppose that its a fair point but then again I was talking from a pure min maxed point of view, you won't do as much damage with DB than you would with brain freeze / cool calm and collected + barrier and drone

unlike Zane who needs a mostly all cryo assortment to make his builds that revolve around Calm, Cool, Collected work at all. That's not just one weapon and a relic, it's at least one or two weapon slots aside from one backup weapon of a different element, a specific grenade, a specific relic and class mod.

That's completely false lol

You only need a specific mod and relic. You don't need a cryo weapon / nade to freeze enemies to begin with on Zane, you actually need a loadout with every single element. I'd suggest playing him before making claims

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I suppose that its a fair point but then again I was talking from a pure min maxed point of view, you won't do as much damage with DB than you would with brain freeze / cool calm and collected + barrier and drone

I'm not really convinced that any of Zane's major builds do significantly more damage than any of the others across all types of content. I have generally found that having barrier ends up providing higher damage than double damage tree in practice (although maybe not in pure boss farm, something I haven't bothered with since week one) due to the absurd defense translating to damage through just being able to facetank the entire world. But I dropped the CCC + Drone build I was running after finding CCC + DB more effective in co-op Slaughter Shaft, then went back to CCC + Drone after finding it more effective in solo Slaughter Shaft, and then dropped CCC all together after finding a better build, but now I'm taking a break from the game and wondering if I was too quick to judge CCC after all.

And...that's pretty much why I play Zane. The other characters just feel so limited in comparison.

You only need a specific mod and relic.

You don't even need those. You can literally use a random blue cryo weapon. It's even arguably straight up optimal for a large portion of the game lol.

The relic in particular does help though, that is true. That mod though? Naaaaaaah.

Last edited:

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
I just beat
Graveward, Eden6 vault guardian
I'm level 28.
Can anybody hint me at how much game there's left?

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Yeah pretty much just farm for builds / anointed legendaries. That's more or less the endgame for now until we get more content. Bloody Harvest event will be out in around two weeks, Maliwan Takedown is next month, first DLC probably December/January.
Yep, basically just figure out a build you want to work toward for your character and farm gear for that by fighting the easily repeated bosses like Graveward on whatever Mayhem level you can handle, do the optional arena challenges, do remaining sidequests on highest Mayhem you can handle for loot and gaining more player ranks. All to be more leveled/geared up for the raid boss and DLC.

Or just start a second character if that's more your bag. Or just don't bother with the end game and wait for the first story DLC. I did that with BL2, but I'm playing more regularly with a few friends in this game so I'm spending more time on end game stuff.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

I think i might take the "hang out til the DLC" path... I don't really wanna do repeatable stuff over and over just for guns. My lvl 50 is a Zane and i got a Moze to 38, which was fun for awhile, but kind of burned out on that too. You have to unlock TVHM for each char, right? Bc I finished at ~46 and 46 to 50 was a breeze in TVHM based on the experience bumps. I wish you could just start a new char on TVHM so that loot would constantly scale the time to get to 50 would be less. I'd probably get all four to 50 if that was the case.

Oh well. I really enjoyed my time overall and I'll be back for the DLC for sure.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of this eridian event?

Considering how rushed this game's launch was, I'd be willing to bet that their short term "event" calendar was rushed as well. "Marginal increases to loot drops on certain bosses one week?" Boss: Sure. "Increase the amount of eridium that drops the next week...?" Boss: uhhh okay, btw we launch today

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question about where I'm at from the ending (I really want to try out mayhem mode ^^)

I just beat
Troy
how long do I have left?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
You have a couple hours left afaik
That's what I thought. Really eager to finish since I went completely blind build wise, so I'm just leveling up Amara's red tree by putting all points for each skill, and decided I won't start messing with builds etc untill I finish the campain, but the game ended up being longer than I thought, and now I want to play with builds and stats and all^^

Edit : Oh also I really liked the
fake ending
. I was reaaaaaly obvious but I don't know why it worked and got a laugh from me

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

I think i might take the "hang out til the DLC" path... I don't really wanna do repeatable stuff over and over just for guns. My lvl 50 is a Zane and i got a Moze to 38, which was fun for awhile, but kind of burned out on that too. You have to unlock TVHM for each char, right? Bc I finished at ~46 and 46 to 50 was a breeze in TVHM based on the experience bumps. I wish you could just start a new char on TVHM so that loot would constantly scale the time to get to 50 would be less. I'd probably get all four to 50 if that was the case.

Oh well. I really enjoyed my time overall and I'll be back for the DLC for sure.

Yeah I think the farming and grinding is really only fun if you're doing it with friends. Chatting makes it less tedious, there's incentive to stay geared and guardian ranked up so you don't fall behind and become a weak link when playing with them etc.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I'd suggest playing him before making claims
I started the game with Zane, took him to level 50, right through the Mayhem levels to M3 and I would say that Sanctuary has captured exactly how it feels to run Zane. Very heavily specific equipment requirements. That is not the case with my level 50 Fl4k, and I am currently running Amara (level 28 ish?). I have preferred weapons I run with Fl4k (Lyuda, Hellwalker, a Double Penetrating Torgue Corrossive pistol, and an elemental Flakker when shit goes wrong) - but Fl4k will work with anything. I think I have a Transformer Shield and a Deathless artifact. I don't think either add to my build but I don't care as I only die when playing recklessly. Amara is too soon to tell as I am not at end game but so far she is the best mob killer I have played. Weaker on the bosses. Fl4k is a boss killer, weaker with mobs. Zane excels at neither. Or maybe he would if I had the perfect equipment for him.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Super annoyed right now at the game. I am on last world where I need to follow a certain adventurer - literally mission goal states 'follow (insert name here)' - and i cannot progress from there. I looked it up in google trying to find solutions and apparently this bug has been present since day 1 and i am jiust screwed...i am on my second playthrough TVHM and i really wanted to finish it out. i saw some solutions playing online with someone else doing the mission, but i do not have psn. i love this game but gearbox needs to get their crap together - it's like they can never release a polished borderlands game. this sucks.