• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I haaaaaaaate how level 49 items still drop in Mayhem modes at 50.

I'm still confused how Mayhem works for drops. At M2 I'm getting loot with gear score in the high 400s, the vending machines have loot almost at 600, but they're all greens and blues. My last legendary I got about an hour ago was a 467 shield. How the hell am I supposed to ever get to M3?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Extra vending machines are great. I still think some maps on eden 6 could use catch a ride but I bet that would be a lot of time and resources to make sure it works.

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, does this mean offline farming is no longer a thing or is that something that'll be tackled in the november patch they keep referencing.

I'm still confused how Mayhem works for drops. At M2 I'm getting loot with gear score in the high 400s, the vending machines have loot almost at 600, but they're all greens and blues. My last legendary I got about an hour ago was a 467 shield. How the hell am I supposed to ever get to M3?
Gear score is fairly useless. Don't rely on it solely to be any real indicator of how strong/good gear actually is. Gear score seems like a byproduct of the lost loot system and the fact they need a more refined way to filter out lost gear that gets retrieved over others.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe we have to wait until December or whenever for a storage fix. An immense possibility of combined traits on all kinds of legendaries and storage is so limited without jumping through hoops with multiple characters and tedious management.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna guess most of the patch dev was spent on rewriting the echocast api for consoles and making sure photomode doesnt fuck up anything. Which is why it's relatively light. Seems like the next big patch will actually be able to implement commmunity feedback

SKIPPABLE CINEMATICS
We're currently investigating the best way to approach letting players skip cutscenes. This is much easier said than done. Under the hood, the game may activate critical events based on cinematics. In order to make sure mission progression isn't negatively impacted, we need to inspect each cinematic and make sure those events still work correctly. We have a few ideas on how to tackle this problem and expect to have a solution soon.
Oof lol. As a programmer this means it was not planned before anyone started coding. And was probably to far into development to change without requiring significant testing

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty bullshit patch overall because bankspace and performance will not be touched for months after the game released.

Im about to mail half my stuff to a 2nd account so I can actually have room for the Halloween gear.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I just read details about some of the upcoming changes.

Omg. Bigger bank, target dummy, more vending machines? I hope that was more and not just different, because Athenas needs more machines asap. Jakobs Estate too.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 patch partially breaks the ability to mark things as favorite/junk. Seems to only work on equipped stuff and in vending machine menus.

*sigh*

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
On ps4 pro, menu lag entering and exiting the menus is completely gone. The only menu lag remaining is anything to do with the skill tree. Switching between menus is snappy until you hit the skill tree, but the delay isn't even that long. Still faster than where it was last update.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Im gonna guess most of the patch dev was spent on rewriting the echocast api for consoles and making sure photomode doesnt fuck up anything. Which is why it's relatively light. Seems like the next big patch will actually be able to implement commmunity feedback

Oof lol. As a programmer this means it was not planned before anyone started coding. And was probably to far into development to change without requiring significant testing
Borderlands 2 was released 7 years ago and that was a huge complaint. How did nobody think of this lol

Also yeah when is the Halloween event actually coming? And a storage space increase...

Edit: nvm guess the halloween event is now live lol

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Well, I just finished the first mission of the event. Is there anything else or is the next mission just "the same but harder"?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's good to see them working on the most requested stuff but honestly I feel like a lot of it/all of it should have been things that should never have been a problem.

Like skippable cutscenes and more storage space are hardly a complaint that started with Borderlands 3. And people were cautious about proper pet scaling too because of how easy it is to get completely off and how some past game's pets really fell off at endgame.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 2 was released 7 years ago and that was a huge complaint. How did nobody think of this lol

Also yeah when is the Halloween event actually coming? And a storage space increase...

Edit: nvm guess the halloween event is now live lol
There are some signs that point to the game dev basically being restarted when they switched engines. Could have just been a feature which they didn't deem critical for launch. At least we know for sure it's coming. I understand why they're not rushing more bank space after what happened at launch lol

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just glad they fixed the damned sound on startup.

GEARBOXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!! *head explodes*

Almost blew my speakers every time.

Oct 28, 2017
It's good to see them working on the most requested stuff but honestly I feel like a lot of it/all of it should have been things that should never have been a problem.

Like skippable cutscenes and more storage space are hardly a complaint that started with Borderlands 3. And people were cautious about proper pet scaling too because of how easy it is to get completely off and how some past game's pets really fell off at endgame.

You know what's even better? Borderlands 3 STILL has problems with asset loading.

Oct 27, 2017
i don't mind how short the halloween content is. It's basically the length of a proving grounds but having to harvest 25 ghosts each time you want to do it is a bit grating.

Also the challenges/cosmetic unlocks being character specific instead of account wide is garbage

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
i don't mind how short the halloween content is. It's basically the length of a proving grounds but having to harvest 25 ghosts each time you want to do it is a bit grating.

Also the challenges/cosmetic unlocks being character specific instead of account wide is garbage
Wait all cosmetics are account wide

Is that not the case here

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also the menus are still super laggy for me on base ps4

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I feel like they prolly should have explained the terror mechanic ingame

Jan 4, 2018
Decided to run through the campaign as Moze since my playthrough with FL4K resulted in drops for Bloodletter, Transformer, and Deathless. Seemed like the game really wanted me to run shield Moze.

I think I found a glitch which I'm sure has already been noted, but I have Phalanx Doctrine and a shield with Vagabond, and it seems like every time my Max Shields fluctuate with a stack of PD, Vagabond triggers another 10% move speed on full shields resulting in some pretty wacky speeds assuming I don't get shot and reset it.

Currently not really digging Iron Bear too much. So far my favorite weapon has been the Corrosive augmented Railguns. They do modest damage, but I can keep a healthy range and the duration of Iron Bear is just remarkably longer than with any other weapon setup.

I think once I hit 50 I may try to run a splash damage build and use the Nuke Launcher and the Explosive Minigun. I really wanna like Iron Bear but so far Moze just feels like the character you play when you want to have a lot of gunplay bonuses. I also like the idea of having Auto Bear and Dakka Bear and then riding the mounted turret while Auto Bear is active but that sounds super inefficient. I'm still going to give it a try assuming I can do that.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Decided to run through the campaign as Moze since my playthrough with FL4K resulted in drops for Bloodletter, Transformer, and Deathless. Seemed like the game really wanted me to run shield Moze.

I think I found a glitch which I'm sure has already been noted, but I have Phalanx Doctrine and a shield with Vagabond, and it seems like every time my Max Shields fluctuate with a stack of PD, Vagabond triggers another 10% move speed on full shields resulting in some pretty wacky speeds assuming I don't get shot and reset it.

Currently not really digging Iron Bear too much. So far my favorite weapon has been the Corrosive augmented Railguns. They do modest damage, but I can keep a healthy range and the duration of Iron Bear is just remarkably longer than with any other weapon setup.

I think once I hit 50 I may try to run a splash damage build and use the Nuke Launcher and the Explosive Minigun. I really wanna like Iron Bear but so far Moze just feels like the character you play when you want to have a lot of gunplay bonuses. I also like the idea of having Auto Bear and Dakka Bear and then riding the mounted turret while Auto Bear is active but that sounds super inefficient. I'm still going to give it a try assuming I can do that.
You can do it but the turret doesn't do much damage and you can't get it to stay in the turret after exiting. You have to suffer the exit animation, get out, then enter the animation for actually getting in the turret. Then you've only got like 10 seconds of a mediocre turret

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I cannot believe after fixing most of the zones that needed vending machines the new zone only has them at the start

Jan 4, 2018
You can do it but the turret doesn't do much damage and you can't get it to stay in the turret after exiting. You have to suffer the exit animation, get out, then enter the animation for actually getting in the turret. Then you've only got like 10 seconds of a mediocre turret
Damn, I really want to run dual shock hammers and pick off distant enemies with the turret while Iron Bear punches. Hoping to see Gearbox actually start making all the fun-but-non-optimal skills feel viable. Not really sure anything will ever be as efficient as just building for an obscene amount of stacks on any given character, though.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
So wow, PC performance just gonna still suck for awhile? Like, I'm glad ADS/Zoom stutter got fixed early -- shit was really unplayable before that -- but I still have a really poor time with framepacing/stutter as soon as combat starts, especially if it's more intense combat with tons of enemies. Menus still lag a lot too. Yikes.

Mind you, I haven't played with today's patch yet, so hopefully it addresses SOME of that. It's 4.94gb on PC.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Damn, I really want to run dual shock hammers and pick off distant enemies with the turret while Iron Bear punches. Hoping to see Gearbox actually start making all the fun-but-non-optimal skills feel viable. Not really sure anything will ever be as efficient as just building for an obscene amount of stacks on any given character, though.
Yeah like the turret doesn't even seem useful at level 10 let alone endgame.

Although honestly I was never expecting it to compare because you lose the damage your character and legendary guns do and stuff. And to buff the turret to be on par with that would be silly.

Still it would be nice if it was useful at all before endgame.

Also Captain Haunt was a really fun boss fight but having to kill him 25 times for the last challenge....

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Stream:
Halloween anointed gear still generates terror after event
Event map has a higher chance to drop terror gear (stacks with anointed event)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Stream:
Halloween anointed gear still generates terror after event
Event map has a higher chance to drop terror gear (stacks with anointed event)
I kinda wish the event map was the only place where terror gear drops.

You basically have to fully commit to it or ignore it entirely and without ghosties to generate it after the event you'll need to dedicate another slot or two just to generate it.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are purple weapons even worth considering at lvl 50? I mean, I find some of them to look like they're pretty powerful, like this sniper, but would I be better off with a legendary one anyway, even if it's item score is like 40 below?
BHQwWTT.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Are purple weapons even worth considering at lvl 50? I mean, I find some of them to look like they're pretty powerful, like this sniper, but would I be better off with a legendary one anyway?
the item score/item level is completely whack honestly

one of my best guns is still a level 49 purple smg

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Are purple weapons even worth considering at lvl 50? I mean, I find some of them to look like they're pretty powerful, like this sniper, but would I be better off with a legendary one anyway, even if it's item score is like 40 below?
I'd say anointed ones are well worth considering if they align with your play style.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm using a level 47 green in one of my slots just for the anointed perks.

Anyway I still think mayhem mode needs a rework especially before level 4 comes out. Some of the modifiers/combos just lead to instant restarts or make the game easier than if it was never on.

Also please give cash an actual purpose. More SDU upgrades, more expensive but better slots, a way to blow through slots faster like Diablo 3 blood shard rolls. Anything

Last edited:

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017

Basically this. They're working on all the right stuff, but why the hell do you need to add actual storage space for a loot game post release?

Excited to play this again when the DLC drops. More space, extra mayhem levels, and new content will have me back on day 1.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason I was under the impression TVHM was at least more difficult than Mayhem 1, but nope. This is way too easy.
Is there a reason whatsoever to do TVHM now that mayhem exists? I guess if I want quest rewards to be at level I'd do it, still really mad I read a post somewhere here that sidequests will be repeatable and that ended up being not true.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused about how the new game plus experience works as someone new to BL with this game. So I've got my main character that I cleared the campaign with, Fl4k. Does TVHM essentially mean I restart the campaign with my Fl4k with all his stats, levels, perks, skills and gear intact and the game is more difficult and scales with you, etc? Or, is TVHM only for new level 1s and is the best way to experience the game again with an alt of one of the other 3 classes, having more challenge and better rewards?

Also, it possible to have a New Game plus runtjroogh on Normal for shits and giggles, or only TVHM?

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Yeah, you restart the campaign with all your stats, gear, and levels. Enemies scale up, elemental resistances/weaknesses are stronger. Strictly for characters who have beaten the campaign. TVHM essentially is New Game +... I'd say playing through TVHM without Mayhem turned on would be the closest to Normal.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Is there a reason whatsoever to do TVHM now that mayhem exists? I guess if I want quest rewards to be at level I'd do it, still really mad I read a post somewhere here that sidequests will be repeatable and that ended up being not true.

That is true but only for TVHM. Once you beat it(?) there will be an option where you choose Normal/TVHM that will let you reset all the missions.