• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Well OK. Just found a Jakob's chest that's right next to a spawn point. You can infinitely loot, exit, reload, loot...
Jakob's estate on Eden-6. Under the mansion area where the tyrant is, there's a fork in the road. It's on the left fork at the end of a tunnel.
Can you do this with Golden Keys and the chest in Sanctuary? Meaning, is there a way to keep the weapons without spending the keys?

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
My relationship with the series so far:

Borderlands — came for fancy graphics, didn't stick for too long
Borderlands 2 — came for guns, stayed for junny jokes
Borderlands 3 — came for jokes, stayed for guns.

I mean, BL3 has much, much more improved guns, and not just shooting is fun, but guns themselves are. I played BL2 year ago and I remember lots of boring guns, feels like devs were trying too hard making them not just the usual shooty thing. In BL3 I can have actual good assault rifles that are unique, punchy and fun to use.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
I don't remember from previous games, but what's the max level you can get on your first run? I'm assuming it's not possible to hit level cap?

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just got to 50 Zane. Honestly I loved everything about this game, the shooting, weapon variety, the skill tree, all of it. If only it weren't so buggy, like shockingly buggy on base ps4.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember from previous games, but what's the max level you can get on your first run? I'm assuming it's not possible to hit level cap?

very easy to get max level in one run. I really dont see the point of true vault hunter mode at the moment. I guess if you really want to replay missions or get lvl 50 mission rewards. I still have 2 more circle of slaughters to go and am already at 50

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
When you complete the story can you go back and farm bosses in Mayhem 3 and will they scale to your level? I'm level 31 and just trying to stick to the story and then go back and do side missions. Will the drops scale to my level when I do them or do I have to go onto TVHM and complete the story again?

Want to do Mayhem 3 and farm some legendaries but will bosses still be their normal levels in normal mode if I don't go into TVHM? I wanted to farm Chupacabratch but it was only level 14 or something when I went back and all it's drops when for that level. When I finish the story and turn on Mayhem 3 will it's level adjust or will it always be level 14 until I start on TVHM and then complete the story again to unlock Mayhem for that?

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
50. I'm currently level 16 and still working my way through Lectra City on Meridia, so I get the feeling it's on the low side in terms of how easily it's reached.

very easy to get max level in one run. I really dont see the point of true vault hunter mode at the moment. I guess if you really want to replay missions or get lvl 50 mission rewards. I still have 2 more circle of slaughters to go and am already at 50

Niiiice. That means I can finish my stealth-fast beasthunter build.

Jan 4, 2018
My relationship with the series so far:

Borderlands — came for fancy graphics, didn't stick for too long
Borderlands 2 — came for guns, stayed for junny jokes
Borderlands 3 — came for jokes, stayed for guns.

I mean, BL3 has much, much more improved guns, and not just shooting is fun, but guns themselves are. I played BL2 year ago and I remember lots of boring guns, feels like devs were trying too hard making them not just the usual shooty thing. In BL3 I can have actual good assault rifles that are unique, punchy and fun to use.
Interesting, I've recently gone back to Borderlands 2 since I never finished it and to test my interest in possibly getting BL3. More fun than I remember, but the weapons definitely already feel kind of boring and repetitive. But if 3 is a big improvement in that regard then I might have to more seriously consider it.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
Interesting, I've recently gone back to Borderlands 2 since I never finished it and to test my interest in possibly getting BL3. More fun than I remember, but the weapons definitely already feel kind of boring and repetitive. But if 3 is a big improvement in that regard then I might have to more seriously consider it.

It's 100 times better than BL2, seriously. It feels like they actually tried to make each manufacturer good and suit for everyone.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

The guns and general gunplay is significantly improved over 2s. When you pick up a gun, you know what you're getting based on manufacturer, but then you just have to look at the stats and quirks. I would say the gunplay is somewhere between 2s and Destiny.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the hell just happened with my last session but it was full of problems for me and my coop partner. Two crashes for each of us going into Sanctuary, one leading my console to straight up shut off, and it just happened again trying to go to sanctuary to end what we were doing.

On 1X and haven't heard much about outright crashes like this. First session we did was fine.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went to my local shop today and wow...there's a nearly $30 price difference between the regular and Deluxe edition (they were sold out of the Super Deluxe edition).

What kind of content does the Deluxe Edition have to justify that extra $30??

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Legendaries I found usually had a cute novelty effect or gimmick, but Purples and blues on my level were just as efficient if not more so in killing enemies real good .

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never saw what others did in the Flakker in BL2, but jeepers this fucker destroys everything in this game.

I'm sorry, I'm running three shotguns at this point. They're all my children and I love them equally.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
The demolition woman tree is just nuts. Melting bosses left and right with Atlas Nades.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I went to my local shop today and wow...there's a nearly $30 price difference between the regular and Deluxe edition (they were sold out of the Super Deluxe edition).

What kind of content does the Deluxe Edition have to justify that extra $30??
Just skins and some early booster items. Lvl 1 Legendary Items. It includes a grenade which makes farming money extremely easy, like millions in minutes in late game, but that's about it. The season pass is sold separately.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Good to hear they're working on a performance and QoL patch. Another thing I realized that is extremely annoying are NPCs spamming you until you do their task. For example, I did a sidequest to kill a mob and loot his item. I killed the mob, but shortly after was swarmed with enemies which I had to deal with before I could loot the item. The NPC that gave me the quest kept yelling "Quickly, loot the item!" (or similar) every ten seconds, which was grating when I was busy with something else.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019

True Vault hunter mode pops anointed enemies like, on a regular basis. and not just one by one ! plus they give the best gear in the game. goal for me is to make an insanely efficient Vault hunter at mayhem 3, then do the same for the three others

Tvhm is the real run of the game at lvl 50 in multiplayer, it just is INSANELY chaotic lol

The bosses hit you like a truck

Get a better shield, always

lots of people oddly tend to skip that part

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
As far as gameplay goes, this feels better than the previous games in just about every way, but holy shit is the writing bad. Drawn to Death levels of bad at times.

Hell of a podcast/audiobook game, though, and much better than I expected.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys! Is the game as fun as BL2 solo? Which class would you recommend for a solo playthrough?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Hi guys! Is the game as fun as BL2 solo? Which class would you recommend for a solo playthrough?

yes it is and FL4K is who I'm playing and I am 100% solo. Ive been second guessing my pick a little today, but everyone says he is the best soloer so im sticking with him.
The pet is pretty good as He keeps agro off you a lot which is perfect for soloing.
As for builds if you do choose him, do some research as there are lots of builds and play styles. (I'd recommend at least some of the health regen skills - there are several different ones with varying effects)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Oh lord I didn't know that. Well In that case, I don't care much about the chests lol. Legendary is what I was hoping to get - I don't think I have gotten one in the last 10-15 hours of playing and it's a bit discouraging!
There's a difficulty you'll unlock that make Legendary drops plentiful, so I wouldn't worry too much. They aren't the be all either, keep an eye out for weapons with red text, it usually means they are unique, though not all are beneficial, you get a lot through quests.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Holy damn, the loot drop is insane in Mayhem 2 solo. Mayhem 3 must be crazy.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a legendary artifact that makes my boots shoot rockets when I slide + 80 percent bonus corrode damage to melee (and I'm playing melee amara). Time to slide and punch my way across the universe.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I am used to playing the mech woman, if I want to play as the beast guy what build you recommend. I will be playing pc solo mostly so something where I wont die too often would be swell :P

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Pro-tip

Turn down the SFX to 50 and Dialouge to 80 to better enjoy what is a great soundtrack, it is too quiet most of the time and gets buried under all the chaos!

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
This soundtrack is SO damn good.

I wasn't expecting to go to space. They kept the fun moon jumping and got rid of the annoying oxygen stuff from the Pre-Sequel. The music in this level was my favorite so far. People complain about the humor in Borderlands but it's so nice to play a co-op looter shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously again. "The jokes are so juvenile though!", sorry I can't hear you. I'm busy fighting this crazy boss with my friend while a jazz/synthwave hybrid song is blasting in the background and it is just FUN. This is another area that needs an additional fast travel/shop right before the boss though.

I'm so glad that the whole Zer0 betrayal thing was just a misdirect. If they made me kill Zer0 I would have uninstalled right then and there. "Rhys will remember that". So good.

I LOVE that we can customize our skins AND our colors this time around. Whenever I get a skin that allows me to change Moze's hair color I get excited. The fact that her skin translates to Iron Bear is just awesome.
PEMg5rY.png

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I am used to playing the mech woman, if I want to play as the beast guy what build you recommend. I will be playing pc solo mostly so something where I wont die too often would be swell :P

I have just got to the end of FL4Ks orange skill tree (I'm level 31) and using the Acid Ant as my pet along with the Rakk move as my special. The Rakks are super useful for shredding things, I'm using the perks that give you an extra charge and extra Rakks and they are pretty cool. Can just send them out and they will destroy any troublesome enemies. Also FL4K is a crit machine now with all these perks, I do go down a lot I guess but I am always straight back up by 1 shotting something with a shotty.

Going to try respecing tonight and see what builds I can come up with, as I see everyone saying Fade Away is great for him so going to try a build with that but I will miss my Pocket Rakk attack.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I have just got to the end of FL4Ks orange skill tree (I'm level 31) and using the Acid Ant as my pet along with the Rakk move as my special. The Rakks are super useful for shredding things, I'm using the perks that give you an extra charge and extra Rakks and they are pretty cool. Can just send them out and they will destroy any troublesome enemies. Also FL4K is a crit machine now with all these perks, I do go down a lot I guess but I am always straight back up by 1 shotting something with a shotty.

Going to try respecing tonight and see what builds I can come up with, as I see everyone saying Fade Away is great for him so going to try a build with that but I will miss my Pocket Rakk attack.
Fade away turns you into a crit machine, there is a skill down the green tree that gets your pet to rez you should you drop. It's so useful if you are solo

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This soundtrack is SO damn good.

I wasn't expecting to go to space. They kept the fun moon jumping and got rid of the annoying oxygen stuff from the Pre-Sequel. The music in this level was my favorite so far. People complain about the humor in Borderlands but it's so nice to play a co-op looter shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously again. "The jokes are so juvenile though!", sorry I can't hear you. I'm busy fighting this crazy boss with my friend while a jazz/synthwave hybrid song is blasting in the background and it is just FUN. This is another area that needs an additional fast travel/shop right before the boss though.

I'm so glad that the whole Zer0 betrayal thing was just a misdirect. If they made me kill Zer0 I would have uninstalled right then and there. "Rhys will remember that". So good.

I LOVE that we can customize our skins AND our colors this time around. Whenever I get a skin that allows me to change Moze's hair color I get excited. The fact that her skin translates to Iron Bear is just awesome.
PEMg5rY.png

I wish body skins would be more than just different colors or textures tho.