• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Final boss is impossible. Fuck all of this.

Can't seem to find any side missions to grind for unless I do these dumb delivery missions.

I'm all ears to suggestions otherwise this is getting uninstalled because the bad shit about this game is piling up the more I play it.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that was hard to watch. I played as Zer0 but my co-op buddy played as Maya in BL2. It was surprisingly heart wrenching. It definitely did its job of making me really want to kill the Twins though. I talked to Zer0 back on sanctuary afterwards and he gave a little memorial haiku about Maya while projecting a broken heart </3 from his mask. :'(

I was worried we were going to have to kill Zer0 if it turned out that he actually did betray Rhys but it was Maya that we had to worry about the whole time. That was the "bloodwing" moment for BL3.
My wife played her, it was f'd up! I was so pissed!

Also I fixed my previous post with her name.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
OMG. I found most of the "humor" in this game to fall utterly flat more often than not, but the Tommy Wiseau easter egg was probably the funniest, and more like Borderlands 2 that I've discovered so far.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Finally took down Killavolt. Turns out he has some patterns I was missing that will help with his attacks. Also, he has a weak point (took me a few deaths to figure that one out. Anyway, If anyone is having trouble, I threw some stuff into a video. Hope it helps someone out.

EDIT: He is much easier at level 17 than level 15 lol.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Oh joy, I got a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, the shield more likely to kill you than save you.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Borderlands 3.

I can't believe Gearbox got the rights to Alicia Keys for the credits song

I can go back and do the last couple of missions I skipped on the last world

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017

Can't seem to find any side missions to grind for unless I do these dumb delivery missions.

I'm all ears to suggestions otherwise this is getting uninstalled because the bad shit about this game is piling up the more I play it.

I'm assuming you've tried restarting the game a couple times? I don't remember where but someone was saying that boss could get bugged. Those balls aren't supposed to be doing critical damage. Myself, as well as a number of other people, have full on facetanked his entire arsenal. I did so with a shield that was 10+ levels below the gear you're supposed to be at. Unless you're just wildly undergeared or underleveled something seems very wrong if you're feeling like the ball sequence is oneshot territory.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Finally took down Killavolt. Turns out he has some patterns I was missing that will help with his attacks. Also, he has a weak point (took me a few deaths to figure that one out. Anyway, If anyone is having trouble, I threw some stuff into a video. Hope it helps someone out.

EDIT: He is much easier at level 17 than level 15 lol.

Recommended level 16-17? I did that shit at like, level 6. No wonder it took me 7 tries lol

Edit: I also used fire based weapons :/

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Should be a straightforward dodge and shoot. Teleporting grenades help. What level are you?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I felt like this was easier than Borderlands 1 and 2, though I don't know how much of that has to do with me knowing what I'm doing this time around. I know the Bunker was borderline impossible for me to kill on my own in 2.

None of the mandatory bosses were too difficult. They'd be insane if they didn't spawn adds in though.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Yall don't know what a bad boss is until you fight this
latest

Oct 28, 2017
I'm almost scared to ply the game because of the X1X issues I've been reading about... I like it so far but I don't want my console to overheat.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I just got a lvl 30 shield from that super tedious last boss on Eden 6 that gives you + 300% melee damage when your shield is depleted. Too bad I'm not playing Amara. :/

At least that has some use. The WTF is one of the worst legendaries and I can't believe they brought it back. When I saw what it was I just groaned.

And then, like an idiot, I tried it to see if maybe they made it "better".
Nope.
It killed me.

Yall don't know what a bad boss is until you fight this
latest

The.Worst.
I always wonder who thought this was fun, and if anyone ever playtested it.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost scared to ply the game because of the X1X issues I've been reading about... I like it so far but I don't want my console to overheat.
That won't happen unless the thermal paste on your console is straight garbage
At least that has some use. The WTF is one of the worst legendaries and I can't believe they brought it back. When I saw what it was I just groaned.

And then, like an idiot, I tried it to see if maybe they made it "better".
Nope.
It killed me.

The.Worst.
I always wonder who thought this was fun, and if anyone ever playtested it.
This may legitimately be the only boss in a fps to actually piss me off...and i was in fucking coop

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Damn, Circle of Slaughter and Pointing grounds are broken as hell. Got till the end at CoS but Everytime we couldn't kill the last monster, because it was out of the map. The same in PG.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot fathom how anyone would independently come to this conclusion. The gunplay is so, so much better than 2 it's not even funny.
I feel the opposite. I honestly have no earthly idea how people can say the shooting is good in either 2 or 3. Like I admit BL3 is a step up, but a step up from garbage is still garbage.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Why cant the eridian fabricator be placed in a bank wtf

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So, I've now received the Dangerous Vault Hero legendary 3 times through the mailbox. Each time at level 12. I guess I'll keep selling them for next to nothing.

I also got an email saying my early adopter package is ready. If it was another DVH I'll be pretty disappointed lol

Nov 2, 2017
I ignore Tediore weapons like the plague. Hated it in BL2 and still hate it now. Any tediore weapon i come across gets sold on site.

Torgue shotguns that shoot pellets are downright broken in the best way possible. It's to the point that i don't even bother looking at shotguns from other manufacturers.

Yeah Tediore has always been a bummer of a manufacturer

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so fun, the gameplay feels great and is a huge improvement over BL2...

But my god this writing is bad.

I was never part of the "memederlands" stuff with BL2 and honestly wondered if people had been playing a different game, but in BL3 so much of the dialogue just falls flat and feels like its trying so hard to be "wacky and zany"

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest gripe with the game is one that is pretty detrimental to my enjoyment of the game.

What the fuck is with these giant ass zones with no vehicles, no vendors except at the start, and like an hour and a half of content you have to clear, dropping loot the entire time?

Half way through the zone my bag (which I have upgraded to the 81,000 dollar upgrade) is full of greens and blues. If I port back to the vending machines everything respawns and I have to fight my way back to where I was, a lengthy process. Like this is a loot game? Why the fuck am I being forced to give up 50%+ of the loot in a zone or be faced with the prospect of battling my way back across said zone again to sell the fucking shit?

Especially because SDU's are purchased with money now~!

Holy hell, it's a horrible game design and is really sucking the god damn fun out of the experience.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Need help. I'm stuck on Skywell-27. After getting to the main boss and then fast traveling away to level up a bit more, I can't get back to the boss area. There's a giant fire vent that was intermittent during my first run through of the map, but now it's constant and I die within 2 seconds trying to go through it.

How do I get back to the boss area from the start of the map?

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Need help. I'm stuck on Skywell-27. After getting to the main boss and then fast traveling away to level up a bit more, I can't get back to the boss area. There's a giant fire vent that was intermittent during my first run through of the map, but now it's constant and I die within 2 seconds trying to go through it.

How do I get back to the boss area from the start of the map?

There's a bug with that spot where after you shut down the thruster for the mission step, if you progress forward a bit then go back to it, it is permanently on instead of off. You may have to quit to main menu and reload to get it back into the off state.