• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It's not? Ha, I'm dumb. I thought it was the fight before Angel.

You're thinking of Bunker, who is a complete cakewalk compared to the boss in the picture. It's a different flying boss called RK-5 from the Pre-sequel, and it's just a terribly designed fight. The only way to kill him without the fight taking forever is to have a corrosive weapon - usually a sniper - because he's so high up a lot of guns don't even reach him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder when the porcelain pipe bomb is getting hotfixed

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
There's a bug with that spot where after you shut down the thruster for the mission step, if you progress forward a bit then go back to it, it is permanently on instead of off. You may have to quit to main menu and reload to get it back into the off state.
Had to restart the whole game but finally got it. That's one hell of a bug

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Did we really need (mild ending spoilers)
Ava's exposition during all of that ending stuff? Lol.

also actual ending spoilers

I love how no one gives a shit about Elpis and to add insult to injury Lilith brands the entire fucking moon

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Soo any lategame Zane players here?

Need to ask something. Did any of you try the clone/freezing combo where you reset your cooldowns everytime you freeze someone, provided you had full shield and health before? Seems like the most broken shit ever if you have a decent cryo weapon to work with. Thing is you need to be almost max level for it so I didn't have a chance to try it.

Right now at lvl 31 I'm still running clone/drone simply because I think the shield for solo play sucks and the movementspeed combo is easier to pull off. But I feel like the blue tree is only worth it if you go the full mile to the capstone, and I don't want to give up the clone one lol.

Anyone who was able to try stuff out?
Cryo zane build is worth it if you have a good cryo weapon (Lucian's Call) or just a good fast hitting headshot weapon.

However the white elephant relic and Zane's legendary cryo class mod are also extremely recommended.

You can keep your action skills up for a very long time. Also the digiclone is good, but Seein Red in the SNTL tree is a monster, so I'm not sure which is better honestly.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Circle of Slaughter on Promethea is so broken. Every time I attempt it, an enemy vanishes off the map or gets stuck out of bounds, making it impossible to progress. My last session, we managed to get to the very end. I'm talking the absolute end of the activity, only to be stuck, unable to get to the chest or getting the completion because if this stupid bug. Such a huge waste of time.

Also, Circle of Slaughter in general is way too long and time consuming. Waves need to be much shorter.

I also started farming Katagawa Jr on Mayhem 3 for legendaries. I want that Conference Call, goddamnit.

Edit

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed hidden boss mechanics? As in, if you time an attack right, you do an INSANE amount of damage. Something around 50-70% of the boss's health bar. I've noticed it with Agonizer 9000 and Katagawa Jr. I don't how I triggered mk or

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Playing Mayhem mode with buds. Yeah, I'm swimming in legendary weapons.

Oh, I beat the story too, I guess. It was whatever.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Circle of Slaughter on Promethea is so broken. Every time I attempt it, an enemy vanishes off the map or gets stuck out of bounds, making it impossible to progress. My last session, we managed to get to the very end. I'm talking the absolute end of the activity, only to be stuck, unable to get to the chest or getting the completion because if this stupid bug. Such a huge waste of time.

Also, Circle of Slaughter in general is way too long and time consuming. Waves need to be much shorter.

I also started farming Katagawa Jr on Mayhem 3 for legendaries. I want that Conference Call, goddamnit.

Edit

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed hidden boss mechanics? As in, if you time an attack right, you do an INSANE amount of damage. Something around 50-70% of the boss's health bar. I've noticed it with Agonizer 9000 and Katagawa Jr. I don't how I triggered mk or
Ugh that was the case for the past games for the circle of slaughters being too long

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think some of the guardian perks are a bit too much. Not to say they're OP but they just make some character skills/mods less unique. Like the one that regens grenades etc.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I feel the opposite. I honestly have no earthly idea how people can say the shooting is good in either 2 or 3. Like I admit BL3 is a step up, but a step up from garbage is still garbage.

I would really like to see actual gameplay recordings from people posting these comments. I think I'm gonna do one because with my current rather agile build, BL 3 is most definitely the closest thing feeling like Doom X Destiny and I'm not even exagerating. The running speed coupled to the really good jumps and very tight gunplay let players express themselves all the way down in very different scenarios

I really don't get the criticism

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
There's a bug with that spot where after you shut down the thruster for the mission step, if you progress forward a bit then go back to it, it is permanently on instead of off. You may have to quit to main menu and reload to get it back into the off state.

Yeah theres a point in the game where you'll go through a bunch of maps in a row which have that weird design decision, then its back to normal

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Why are NPC's that refuse to remove when blocking doorways still a thing in 2019?

High-level peeps on the X1X, are you still using performance mode? I've been using it up to this point, but when I got to the first vault, it seems like performance tanked. I've swapped over to resolution mode just for stability. Curious how well performance mode holds up when things get really crazy at high level.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So is there a raid boss in the game? Feel free to spoiler it if needed. Also is there a point to TVHM now that playthrough 1 scales to 50? (Besides level 50 quest rewards).

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Why are NPC's that refuse to remove when blocking doorways still a thing in 2019?

The quest design in general is pretty dated. There's way too many examples of "follow this slow npc as he makes his way to his/her destination" and "wait for this slow talking npc to finish talking for the objective marker to pop up" .

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm literally just meleeing only with Mayhem on as Amara.

I now have artifacts to imbue my melee attacks with each element. 100% chance of fire, shock or corrosive whenever I want, on top of being able to choose what action skill element I want for my melee attack.

I basically never have to fire a gun again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I know nobody cares about TPS but I'm crossposting from my reddit thread about Aurelia just because I finished the game and am still heated at how they butchered her (worse than Vaughn because Vaughn was always kinda annoying)

So I know a lot of people didn't play the pre-sequel. I know even more people didn't play a full playthrough with one of the DLC characters - Aurelia Hammerlock.
Her arc throughout that game is basically she starts as a cold, unflinching, rich bitch with no morals to a cold, unflinching rich bitch who is sick of Jack's psychotic and cruel tendencies and is visibly disgusted by the outright evil shit he's doing.
So when I saw her in the BL3 trailer I thought naturally she would server as a quest giver, ally or at least like a mischievous anti-hero who switches sides depending on the weather. But she starts talking about how she wants her own cult because it would be fun, shows 0 remorse or hesitation with gunning down her estranged brother and his boyfriend, and allies with two demigods with a god complex for... what exactly? Even more money? To rule the Jakobs corporation? She can achieve both of those things without allying for people who are even more outwardly nutso than Handsome Jack was, along with it being a bit of a slap in the face to her character development in TPS.

And then you just kill her and... that's it. No ECHO backstories that show any skillful planning or regret, nothing. Fucking Handsome Jack and the Twins garner more sympathy through their backstories where you realize why they became villainous. Someone who never played Aurelia in TPS would come away thinking she's a one-dimensional rich psychopath and that's SO frustrating because it completely regresses her wonderful arc told throughout TPS. TPS is the red-headed step child of the series and for good reason, but it undeniably had a ton of player-character specific dialog that helped shape the perception of each of the 6 vault hunters and for that to be shat on for a quick boss fight and ice puns is such a disappointment. I'm not saying she couldn't have been a villain, just... I wish it was better written and more consistent than what we got.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
spoilery questions

what % of the game am i through if i just killed this boss:
pain and terror

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Moze seems to be easy mode in this game. Some combination of kill skills and items are just so OP. Also Iron Bear with rocket launcher and grenade launcher is hilarious

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Conference Call from Truant. Maybe I got a poo roll but it doesn't seem to be the shredder it was originally. Probably intentional of course, lol

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Moze seems to be easy mode in this game. Some combination of kill skills and items are just so OP. Also Iron Bear with rocket launcher and grenade launcher is hilarious

Yup. Now running the build that converts hp gain into shields, and the 100% increase in shield but sets hp to 1 item. Running around with 40k shields (when getting kills it goes up to 60k). And you basically never die because of the nade heal perk and the class item that converts 100% shock damage to shields.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Now that I'm done playing with my buds, I've had some time to reflect on the story and I can still say I just didn't care about it. It was part of the reason why I just started playing with my buds once I found out we were all at the time part in the story coincidentally, I just wasn't invested enough to feel the need to play solo so I could actually pay attention to what was going on. But I didn't care. Not one bit. I think the game did a poor job at that. I felt it was only towards the end did they actually start doing anything with the newly introduced characters, but by that point, it was already too late for me. And also, choosing to give me exposition regarding a character's motivations in the midst of me fighting off a horde of enemies makes it even worse. I'm not listening to what anyone is saying when I'm shooting. I know BL has done this for a while, but BL3 did it all the damn time.

They weren't kidding when they said they made this game more like BL1, in the sense that I can go through it with complete indifference.

Jan 10, 2018
Not sure if I understand the skill system correctly. Are all three trees active at the same time or only one of them? Can I mix skills from different trees?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
FL4K's stealth tree + Jakobs pistol is so OP and I love it

Jakobs anything is super fun with him. I'm pretty sure I have 4 jakobs weapons on him for now, lol.

Took a random short video of a decent shotgun I've been using with it. The tree is super fun because the triple guaranteed crit is already amazing for melting a single beefy enemy, then when you throw a gun that's like 40x12 on top the richochet goes EVERYWHERE and kills/weakens damn near everything nearby.

To say nothing of the crazy health regen and movement speed he can get from it too.

Zetaero

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the story to this game just wasted everyones potential. Also they need to stop making sirens playable if they are gonna continue with the story the way it is.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Jakobs anything is super fun with him. I'm pretty sure I have 4 jakobs weapons on him for now, lol.

Took a random short video of a decent shotgun I've been using with it. The tree is super fun because the triple guaranteed crit is already amazing for melting a single beefy enemy, then when you throw a gun that's like 40x12 on top the richochet goes EVERYWHERE and kills/weakens damn near everything nearby.

To say nothing of the crazy health regen and movement speed he can get from it too.

There's also that one skill modification that halves your cloak time but allows you to fire as many bullets as you want (while cloaked). Absolutely insane when coupled with a Jakobs gun with high fire rate. :D

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Have anyone turned off social notifications and verified that it improves performance on PS4 Pro? I've never seen a single social notification (no one on my friendslist is playing *sad face*), but maybe the game is polling a server constantly anyway.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
So is there a raid boss in the game? Feel free to spoiler it if needed. Also is there a point to TVHM now that playthrough 1 scales to 50? (Besides level 50 quest rewards).

gQi9LyB.png

First raid is the Maliwan Takedown in november. They intend it to be something much much bigger than just one boss that you summon, its gonna be multiple bosses on a huge map from what I've understood

I hope that the bloody harvest is gonna bring more mayhem modes

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
You will find out how two main characters from TFTB end up a few years later, but I wouldn't say it spoils anything major about the story of TFTB. There is little to no real reference to TFTB, to be honest.
Doesnt really spoil it at all.

From the trailers, I already saw who and from the BL2 DLC already saw the bandit king, lol. Thanks for the info. Will definitely play TFTB later this year as I think the Borderlands universe is rich for good stories.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I feel like the story to this game just wasted everyones potential. Also they need to stop making sirens playable if they are gonna continue with the story the way it is.

The bigger issue that I had was with the playable Vault Hunters. It's incredibly jarring how they bothered to give the playable Vault Hunters personalities and hilarious quips/dialogue, but they also completely exclude them from story critical cutscenes.

Also, I never found the Twins to be threatening. It was a big whatever whenever they showed up.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Another disappointment: How B team was put in the backseat and utilized only once in the main story. OGs like Mordy and Brick, who have the best relationship of any of the VHs, hardly utilized.

Maya and Zero never even spoke a word to one another either. The best part of a BL sequel is seeing your favorite playable characters in a new, more fleshed out context and we hardly got that.

Instead we get Ava and Tannis. Oh joy. See the more I think about this story the more it wrinkles my thong all wrong.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
The end of the Claptrap "Help" quests is really sweet.

There's multiple quest like that and yeah they're are really sweet.

I finished the game Yesterday and I'd say it's the best one. I see a lot of people complaining about the stories but I never really care for it. I did in 3 and believe the writing to be way better than the previous one for the main quests and side quest.