• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
The stickies crit without FL4K, I didn't argue against torgue I argued against the AR being needed statement

its not the crit aspect that's important in FL4K's case, its how the 25% chance to shoot two projectiles combined to the 33% chance of not consuming ammo actually bring insanity to the table since the damage of projectiles get amped up depending of the amount of stickies on a target (which also are dealing their own damage)

Then of course you can add his ability and the crits on top of it and you know it gets magical. But there aren't the main deal in the torgue stacking

strotee

Aug 9, 2018
Took me longer than it normally should have to understand the title name. Lack of sleep will do that.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
its not the crit aspect that's important in FL4K's case, its how the 25% chance to shoot two projectiles combined to the 33% chance of not consuming ammo actually bring insanity to the table since the damage of projectiles get amped up depending of the amount of stickies on a target. Then of course you can add his ability and the crits but there aren't the main deal
I'm still not arguing in favor of any character for torgue I was responding to you saying Moze needs ARs for BM. I know why FL4K is good with stickies, I think we have all seen the same video multiple times already. There are class mods for LNT also for FL4K.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so I'm terrible at math. Am I correct in assuming that 3 points into Scorching RPM's (+9% fire rate) will completely negate the decrease in fire rate from Drowning in Brass ( -7.5% fire rate)?

Let's say the fire rate of my gun is 100. Drowning in Brass brings that down to 92.5. Then three points into Scorching RPM's would bring it back up to 100.825?

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
That posted video is dramatically more useful at what it's attempting to do than everything else I've seen. Like, multiple tiers above everything else, and I've seen a bunch of similar videos over the past few days. It doesn't really matter that he gets some stuff wrong because everyone except Derch regularly gets all sorts of stuff wrong. His stuff is often 2+ hours long and comes very late for good reason. It's also usually near-worthless for new players. This was perfect for release week general info.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
That posted video is dramatically more useful at what it's attempting to do than everything else I've seen. Like, multiple tiers above everything else, and I've seen a bunch of similar videos over the past few days. It doesn't really matter that he gets some stuff wrong because everyone except Derch regularly gets all sorts of stuff wrong. His stuff is often 2+ hours long and comes very late for good reason. It's also usually near-worthless for new players. This was perfect for release week general info.

I just flatout disagree with his sentiment about Zane, since hes honestly very very good if you ignore the clone route entirely. And by very good I'll use bahroo's words "hes very stupid" in a kinda powerful way

I think we have all seen the same video multiple times already.

Haven't watched any video

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No keys seem to have been given out, be it from GMG, Gamebillet, or even the 2K store. The only reason Humble buyers have started downloading is due to using the epic API to assign game ownership to accounts which means there were no keys involved.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I predict the Fl4k hype won't last too long past release.

I felt like looking at the trees he had a lot more offensive skills vs Zane who was heavily defensive. At the same time, I die a lot in Borderlands so defensive might be better for me. I really think Amara looks best, it's just whether I want to play something similar to Doom in November or not.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
I just flatout disagree with his sentiment about Zane, since hes honestly very very good if you ignore the clone route entirely. And by very good I'll use bahroo's words "hes very stupid" in a kinda powerful way

Haven't watched any video
You should check out joltzes video from proving grounds then because he said what you just said and it's a month or so old, triple penetrating torgue shotgun FL4K gameplay it's not a hard interaction to put two and two together

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017

I'm not really sure what you mean here. He basically agrees with what you seem to be suggesting multiple times.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
For those playing on PC and looking to occasionally coop, feel free to add me on epic ( EGOColdSun )

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Do u happen to have a link to the build? I'd be down to try that out at some point
Here it is, I can pull points out of interplanetary stalker/big game if there's no adds around and put them somewhere else I also have a variation that uses persistence hunter with the same build basically but this is the one my friend is playing in TVHM

Also there may end up being good rakk builds as well, there's really ridiculous anointed non Beastmaster buffs that support them insanely well and class mods that directly impact them heavily so I'm gonna have fun messing with that later on (also rough rider + on demand 140% health every time you rakk can be fun)

Last edited:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Seems Fl4k's pets will useless in some situations, but that's to be expect with pet AI.
I don't think it has as much to do with the pet AI so much as...

the way some bosses seem to be set up. Based on a few trailers there seems to be some "Andross" style bosses where the pet couldn't reach them even if the AI wanted to.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know yet if

Scooter dying is cannon in bl3 or did they gloss over it or just have him respawn
yet?

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
according to him hes the 3rd lowest on the list and lets just say he does much more dps than Moze

Which list? I just rewatched the Zane portion of the linked video and the only thing he says specifically about damage is that he seems to have a very high ceiling.

He doesn't say much about damage potential for any characters, really. Most of the video is about themes.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
bl37nkh3.png

Now we wait.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as bestbuy texts me on Friday I'm picking it up and working from home.

Fucking hype for Moze.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
trying to get my key but their site is getting slammed, havent gotten the email for it yet

edit: kk got my super deluxe key

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a pretty fast download for EGS from my experience, i'm already at 50%

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the DP. Not sure how that happened.

20% after about 3 minutes. This shouldn't take long to DL at all.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, wtf? When did EGS get a time played tracker?

8YuesV6.png

Shit says I've played 17d of Fortnite? How the fuck are they pulling numbers without having had tracking before this was added?