• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
GMG codes got, preload now downloading slowly, will take a day to download but I'll get there.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Wait, wtf? When did EGS get a time played tracker?

8YuesV6.png

Shit says I've played 17d of Fortnite? How the fuck are they pulling numbers without having had tracking before this was added?

Hmm. Based on this picture, there's no cloud saves?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
To be honest, the only reason why I'm picking the Gunner Class this time is that character can summon a bad ass mech that you (or your teammate) can pilot and tear shit apart.

The two previous Gunner classes were boring to play as, what with their turrets and vanilla mechanics, so I went with the Siren classes for my first playthroughs.

foogles

Aug 12, 2019
Really conflicted. Voted Amara after thinking Moze was gonna be my girl this time around, mostly from Ryancentral's long video he released today on YouTube on who you should play. I guess I'm going with Amara for now...

Oct 25, 2017
Character guide from a guy that has put in about 3 days worth of gameplay in BL3 with all 4 classes. Says Amara is his favorite character right now and maybe best all-round and most flexible play styles. Also best survivability. Fl4k most DPS on bosses and cool for solo because of his pets. Moze most boring to level, but strong later. Zane is OK, but really gear dependent. Struggled with him compared to Amara in endgame content. Of course he hasn't seen everything so it just an initial guide. No real spoilers in this.

Last edited:

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The consensus appears to be that my EGS download speeds are a result of EGS downloading and installing simultaneously, so I'm being capped by my SSD somehow. Dunno if it has something to do with EGS being located on a different drive from the one the game's being installed on or something. Whatever

weird, EGS downloads far faster for me than Steam. Capped at roughly 100MB/s on EGS.
EGS has by far the slowest downloads out of the platforms I use. Dunno what's wrong.

20 megabytes is like 160 megabits which is how fast internet speeds are usually measured. 160 mbps is really fast.
Yeah, I'm aware.

My download speed floats around 900 ish Mb/s.

Last edited:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if Moze can revive teammates while she's in Iron Bear... if not, then I may have to go after Auto Bear along with Security Bear. Run up to teammates in Iron Bear, hop out and let him act as a giant shield/turret while I revive my friend.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Damn that's a good OT. Can't wait for Friday, definitely gonna have a hard time juggling this and Daemon x Machina.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
My mind is turning to Moze... Trying to hold off from getting attached to an idea until I see what my two pals choose, but I do like ammo regeneration on rocket launchers...

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Is there any reason to not go for the Easier difficulty setting when starting off? I want to run through the main game and unlock Guardian Ranks ASAP.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From a friend

"Jeff Gerstmann on the bombcast said he inquired about a code for BL3 and they told him "you were not very high on the preview on it" and to wait for closer to launch"

Jesus christ

LOL.

But to be honest in this day and age some streamers are way better at promoting the game/informing people on the product than said journalists outlets so I can see how that reply would fly in 2019.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Any idea if this is 30 or 60 fps on console?

Gearbox said it was "shooting for" 60fps on the X1X (and PS4 Pro, presumably) back in May, but considering all(?) footage thus far has been of the PC version and it appears requests for console review keys were denied, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Edit:
⬇️
PS Blog said:
In "favor performance" mode [on the PS4 Pro], we increase the framerate cap to 60 frames per second and render at 1080P.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Going for Zane for the dodgy Irish accent and I am a defensive shooter so the shield and flying turret will be useful.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I am super torn between this and MH. Not to mention Gears is taking up my time. Argh!

I keep jumping back to BL2 but I have played it so much, I need something fresh.

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the whole Shift codes thing? For example, how / where you get them, where to redeem them and what they generally unlock?

Oct 25, 2017
So.. the shortcut for Bahroo is called "Borderlands 3 Early Access"

I guess they got totally different builds than retail? What?