• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone explain the whole Shift codes thing? For example, how / where you get them, where to redeem them and what they generally unlock?
Shift codes unlock golden keys which you can use to open an in-game chest that contains random loot that is leveled to your character. There may also be shift codes for exclusive skins among other things. These codes are shared on Borderlands' social media pages and you redeem them in-game or through the borderlands website. You need to link your PlayStation/Xbox/Epic account to a shift account in order for all of this to work.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
THIgB5O.png

card_biblethump.png

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I was hoping they'd go for "Zane Flynt as Himselves" as the title card

Gearbox didn't disappoint

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Got my preload all installed this morning, 1 more sleep and then the longest Thursday of my life until I can play!

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I have it on good authority , That Borderlands, much like Star-Wars , is DEAD .
Dead and forgotten baby, bury it .

( just got my key and im a bit excited )

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Think I've decided on maining the Siren. Never really fully tried a melee mostly build, closed would be Zero, but he was just a big massive damage boosted melee attack then back to shooting.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Preload ready on pc. Still don't know who to play. Leaning on FL4K and Amara.
obviously you should just get 4 groups of friends and play one of them with each of them :P

I uh... actually will get close to doing that I think as I think I will be playing with 3 different groups of friends lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I've preloaded on PS4... I really want to jump in as soon as it unlocks, but I think I'll wait until I Platinum BL2 (I'm only a few Trophies away) and TPS (I have yet to start it). It'll give me time to soak in all the info, builds and such before diving into BL3.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Do we have a player id list already? I don't plan on touching co-op before finishing the story once, but a healthy friendlist might be nice for the badass events.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
My pre-order got cancelled by The Game Collection so I'm thinking of just waiting for PS4 impression before buying elsewhere. Sounds like codes are out there so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Still not sure what character to choose. I loved the Mechromancer from BL2 so I was thinking Moze would be closest to that but also want to try the Siren too because I liked the one from BL1...

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Got my game preloaded this morning on EGS BUT asking for a friend who has preordered the game on CDKeys, has anyone who ordered there got their key yet for preloading? I know GMG has sent theirs out already, so just wondering if any other key sites have.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Got my game preloaded this morning on EGS BUT asking for a friend who has preordered the game on CDKeys, has anyone who ordered there got their key yet for preloading? I know GMG has sent theirs out already, so just wondering if any other key sites have.

They should be sent out some time tomorrow. Unlike GMG and co., CD Keys doesn't receive keys directly from publishers but instead takes them from physical copies purchased in bulk, so it can distribute them only when that process is complete.

Last edited:

Officer K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that Deluxe Edition keys are being sent out. Regular ones probably out later today/tomorrow.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Weird question.. but is it normal if you are gamesharing on PS4 after you download the preload instead of the countdown timer showing up like on the primary PS4 account, when you click the game icon it say "cannot use the content, purchase from playstation store." On the secondary?

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from Greenman gaming that is offering 10% off any game, it does work for US players and I just got the Super Deluxe edition for $89. Be on the lookout, code arrived instantly, and I'm pre-loading right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Just got an email from Greenman gaming that is offering 10% off any game, it does work for US players and I just got the Super Deluxe edition for $89. Be on the lookout, code arrived instantly, and I'm pre-loading right now.

Is there a special code or anything that's needed for the discount? I need to buy my copy still and I'm thinking this is the cheapest route I can go on PC in the US.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Weird question.. but is it normal if you are gamesharing on PS4 after you download the preload instead of the countdown timer showing up like on the primary PS4 account, when you click the game icon it say "cannot use the content, purchase from playstation store." On the secondary?
Same here. But its pretty long ago (at least 2 years) I preordered a game on PSN. Back then, the Countdown would show on every account. Maybe a newer FW changed that?

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Same here. But its pretty long ago (at least 2 years) I preordered a game on PSN. Back then, the Countdown would show on every account. Maybe a newer FW changed that?
I'm sure it's normal then, it's still locked I've only done with one other time with my father I hope we can get the bonuses on both accounts we split the difference on the SDD edition.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
If I'd want to play Borderlands 3 online with a couple who play splitscreen on the couch - is that possible? Can two players on one console play online with 1-2 other players? I played the first Borderlands with a couple friends online a bit back in the day, but we all kinda skipped everything that came after. But now there's some excitement to get the gang back together.

Oct 27, 2017
If I'd want to play Borderlands 3 online with a couple who play splitscreen on the couch - is that possible? Can two players on one console play online with 1-2 other players? I played the first Borderlands with a couple friends online a bit back in the day, but we all kinda skipped everything that came after. But now there's some excitement to get the gang back together.

Someone might correct me here but on console you can.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yes you can if you're on PS4 or Xbox. You all have to be on the same platform though.

I used to do that all the time on Borderlands 2.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it's normal then, it's still locked I've only done with one other time with my father I hope we can get the bonuses on both accounts we split the difference on the SDD edition.
You might have to restore licenses if it stays saying that after the game is released, but the bonus should be downloadable on the other PS4 through "add-ons" on the main account.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I was going to wait for Steam release later, but I gave in and just bought it on EGS. I need a new shooter and looter in my life! I will say EGS has some fantastic download speeds. Preload is done and now the waiting game.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even the size on HDD is a bit less than 55 GB once downloaded, so it was not compressed compared to Control (21 GB downloaded for 35 GB on disk), maybe the 75 GB are just a prediction of the final size with all the expansions ?

Also, I tried to launch the executable as there's no encryption on EGS, it just starts a window with launch times.
I don't know if it's the final executable or not, it will be either updated on release day or the server will tell the executable it's ok to run.
I hope it's not a 20 GB patch on release day :D

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Even the size on HDD is a bit less than 55 GB once downloaded, so it was not compressed compared to Control (21 GB downloaded for 35 GB on disk), maybe the 75 GB are just a prediction of the final size with all the expansions ?

Also, I tried to launch the executable as there's no encryption on EGS, it just starts a window with launch times.
I don't know if it's the final executable or not, it will be either updated on release day or the server will tell the executable it's ok to run.
I hope it's not a 20 GB patch on release day :D
I'd expect a pretty meaty day 1 patch though. That's a month and a half of dev work.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd expect a pretty meaty day 1 patch though. That's a month and a half of dev work.
As the preload started two days before release, I expect the day one patch to be already there, usually the "day one" patch is released a few days before launch (for reviews and early disc releases on console), and sometimes a smaller patch can arrive on release day.
I doubt the files we preloaded and the ones the reviewers have are only the gold version that is a month old or so.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
As the preload started two days before release, I expect the day one patch to be already there, usually the "day one" patch is released a few days before launch (for reviews and early disc releases on console), and sometimes a smaller patch can arrive on release day.
I doubt the files we preloaded and the ones the reviewers have are only the gold version that is a month old or so.
Signs are all pointing to reviewers and streamers having only the gold disc version. Releasing a new build would be a silly waste of dev time unless it's the final version of the day 1 patch.

Its looking very good for full crossplau with all these recent ps4 updates

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on any aim assist improvements?

I liked it in the first game but in BL2 and TPS it kind of sucks.