• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Started the pre load on xbox , i got a x and a s hope it run well on the s, took monday off too so i can play this with mt wife all weekend :)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Before we move on to BL3, lets take this time to appreciate BL2's Japanese Salvador and Claptrap:

"BOOM BOOM DESU!!"

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Man, the twitch integration in this game is wild. Pretty neat to see everyone's build and all the other details as they play. Some weird event things like loot pinatas that I have no idea what they do.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Going with Amara on my first playthrough, unless my homeboy picks her. Then I'm going with Moze.

I cannot, CANNOT wait to those hit markers on my screen when I shoot somebody. It's the little things.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man, the twitch integration in this game is wild. Pretty neat to see everyone's build and all the other details as they play. Some weird event things like loot pinatas that I have no idea what they do.
I know right? I've been watching Bahroo's stream all day and wow, I'm curious as to how they even set this up. This level of audience-streamer interaction is kinda unprecedented. It's one of the things Google promised with Stadia but like, 10x, y'know? I like how it distinctively feels Borderlands with the loot pinatas, seeing streamer builds and being able to vote on how badass enemies behave.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Oh snap, you have a chance to win the loot they get when opening up red chests in your own game. No wonder it is streamers getting all this early access instead of big outlets. This is quite a symbiotic relationship. They get early access, get more viewers, viewers get loot, people pre-order with streamer code, streamer gets kick back from game dev, more games sold. Not sure how I feel about it all, but it is certainly a well thought out system and integration from a business standpoint.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Bleh, still nothing from cdkeys. I preordered a while ago too.

Seems like some streamers are clocking quite a few hours in the game already.

Keep us all updated in this thread on CDKeys - if they send out keys tomorrow...etc. My friend is still waiting on his key, I'm all preloaded, so hoping he gets his key tomorrow so he can hit it installed before midnight, so we can play together.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
For everyone that has a pre order on CDKeys I would recommend to regularly check also the download link on the order confirmation mail as sometimes the final mail with the S/N from CDKeys is arriving hours later.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Here's a code for some golden keys folks, courtesy of Arekkz.

ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

And some VIP ones

LOADINGBAR (250 Points) GAMEVIP (100 Points) BL3FREVENTVIP (200 Points) Skagbait (2o0 Points) BL3MUSEUMCOSPLAY (500 Points) HALVERHAHN (500 Points) MAYHEMPRIDE (500 Points) PWR2PLYRS (250 Points) BONERFART (250 Points) MAYHEM (250 Points) CRUMPOCALYPSE (250 Points) Childrenofthevault (1000 Points) TWOWEEKS (250points) SEVENDAYS (250 Points) jabber (1000 Points - email code) ITSHERE (1000 Points - email code)

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Ehh.. key has already been redeemed.

edit: Yeah that's a BL2 Shift code from March, no biggie but there are sites that list all of the ones in your post and none are new

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Here's a code for some golden keys folks, courtesy of Arekkz.

ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

And some VIP ones

LOADINGBAR (250 Points) GAMEVIP (100 Points) BL3FREVENTVIP (200 Points) Skagbait (2o0 Points) BL3MUSEUMCOSPLAY (500 Points) HALVERHAHN (500 Points) MAYHEMPRIDE (500 Points) PWR2PLYRS (250 Points) BONERFART (250 Points) MAYHEM (250 Points) CRUMPOCALYPSE (250 Points) Childrenofthevault (1000 Points) TWOWEEKS (250points) SEVENDAYS (250 Points) jabber (1000 Points - email code) ITSHERE (1000 Points - email code)

Thanks, redeemed the gold keys.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha we were doing splitscreen before but now with double tv setup i cant go back to splitscreen lol
One day... ::sigh::

A little disappointed how easy the trophy list is. Seems to be the easiest of the entire series.
The first was by far the easiest imo. I was only a couple trophies away from the plat just regularly playing through. Kinda nice IMO, but then again I'm going to play the hell out of it regardless of the carrot/stick combo.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh snap, you have a chance to win the loot they get when opening up red chests in your own game. No wonder it is streamers getting all this early access instead of big outlets. This is quite a symbiotic relationship. They get early access, get more viewers, viewers get loot, people pre-order with streamer code, streamer gets kick back from game dev, more games sold. Not sure how I feel about it all, but it is certainly a well thought out system and integration from a business standpoint.
That's kinda gross. I already hated the golden key system as is.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Ahh, I just need to redeem one more gun to get that Maliwan legendary. I'm missing 3000 points, though, so hopefully they'll drop a few more codes soon.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
someone posted this script on the bl3 reddit. It goes through and enters all VIP codes for you. I thought I had redeemed all available ones before, but I did it and it gave me 500 points. Good way to make sure you really have everything possible. It works in chrome, dont need to download any programs or anything.

4400 here, as I was lazy to redeem the smaller ones. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
That video was pretty misleading. Moze has two major damage buffs for her teammates. Whenever she gets a kill she gives her team +20% gun damage for 15 seconds and it can stack up to 60% gun damage. Everytime she reloads she can give her teammates +15% bonus incendiary damage for 5 seconds. Another skill will immediately start to recharge the entire team's shields whenever she enters her mech and the mech itself can be used as a giant shield. But that video makes it seem like her only co-op skill is the manned turret she can add to her mech.
Yeah, fair enough - I did notice that it didn't mention those. It does seem like it might be less straightforward, though. Looking forward to getting hands-on and seeing how it all plays out :)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
PS_Messages_20190911_172002.jpg

Let's goooo

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Spent like 4 hours grinding those points to get the Maliwan weapon. Used like14 fake emails, but it's done.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
someone posted this script on the bl3 reddit. It goes through and enters all VIP codes for you. I thought I had redeemed all available ones before, but I did it and it gave me 500 points. Good way to make sure you really have everything possible. It works in chrome, dont need to download any programs or anything.

Thanks for this bro, I have 20800 points now and I don't know what to get lol

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Got every VIP skin, only two missing heads, the eight weapons to get the special legendary Maliwan gun, the Early Adopter Pack, one of the other three BL3 VIP guns and only about 5K points left to get the final two heads.

Yeah, I think I maxed the VIP thing out for now lol

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Got every VIP skin, only two missing heads, the eight weapons to get the special legendary Maliwan gun, the Early Adopter Pack, one of the other three BL3 VIP guns and only about 5K points left to get the final two heads.

Yeah, I think I maxed the VIP thing out for now lol
I didn't bother with the skins tbh, they look kinda bad. I got the Maliwan legendary and all three of the BL3 VIP guns however. Sitting on 12k points atm.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
aren't the VIP weapons prolly just like level 1 weapons?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the solo-coop stuff is really more a matter of does this character 'work' at lower levels. Flak and Zane very clearly have strong early game impact.

I'm still frustrated with Amara despite feeling like I'm going to enjoy her most late game. Severe lack of early game impact is one of the reasons why.

Only one of Flak's trees emphasizes crit and it specifically has a fallback for suboptimal aim as the capstone.
Yeah, same with Moze and her explosive based build being more lategame. I'll just pick Zane and then at least save some good weapons I find on the way for my second char which will be Amara or Moze.

Also yeah, I'll play on console so I need some build where my aim isn't too important.