• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Idk man I have like 50$ for the whole month left in my bank lol, I had 53$ in my card so I added about 30$ to get it for the cosmetics. I'm a sucker for customization and poor as fuck right now but I'll live with this decision and buy the season pass sometime next year when I have extra cash and nothing to play

For financial reasons I totally understand. You can always get the pass later even if cost a bit more. I'd do the same thing then.I

The review copies apparently were, which were actually Epic accounts with the older version attached, and reviewers asked not to mention the broken stuff as it'll be fixed on retail. Though Jim points out, maybe some are fixed, some not, problem is nobody knows and they cannot comment on any of them.

Well they are letting people stream the game already so it can't be that bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my standard edition key with pre-order bonus instantly through GMG. Preloading now! Was able to get some Golden Keys and enough points to unlock a skin + head for Zane. All aboard the Zane train!

Add me on EGS for a jolly good co-op romp any time: MagicWithEarvin

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Any word on performace on the X? Debating PC and OneX atm. I have a 2070 and an ultrawide monitor, but my best friend is on Xbox so if the performance is good ill go with the X.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Zane or Amara. Which do I choose? I can't decide at all.
Same. Two days ago it was Moze, yesterday Amara, today Zane. edit: I even made a scored spreadsheet to help me decide and they all ended up tied.

I like Fl4k but I won't play that until like 3rd or 4th character since it seems there will twice as many Fl4ks running around compared to the others.

Last edited:

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Picking up a PSN card since I don't have enough in the wallet for Super Deluxe. I've significantly cut down on preorders as I got burned by games that were bad or I didn't play as much as I thought. I'm feeling confident BL3 won't do me wrong.

Man, Friday will suck at work.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Preordered the Super deluxe version on Amazon. I wanted to use my credit at Gamestop but they seem to be all sold out of that version. I hope the game blows me away when its playing in 4k/HDR because every video I see online makes it look a lot like Borderlands 2.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

This is literally the funniest unboxing I've ever seen. I don't watch them often but the trap music with the shakey cam cut to the middle aged white guy in a button up? The fact that it skips the entire unboxing process? The fact that the figurines are the shittiest smallest uncolored things ever but the dude is trying to hype everything up like all of this is actually worth $250?

Hilarious

Awcko

Oct 25, 2017

This is literally the funniest unboxing I've ever seen. I don't watch them often but the trap music with the shakey cam cut to the middle aged white guy in a button up? The fact that it skips the entire unboxing process? The fact that the figurines are the shittiest smallest uncolored things ever but the dude is trying to hype everything up like all of this is actually worth $250?

Hilarious

Knew it was gonna be McCaffrey before I even clicked.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Oof I'm torn between the standard and the $99 version. Is preload up for Xbox?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I took the chance on the $99 -- making it the most expensive edition of a game I've ever bought. Borderlands DLC has a history of being pretty sweet though, so I'm feeling good.
The only other collector's edition type thing I ever bought was Mass Effect 3 so I think I just cursed this game.

(Although I also bought the $100 edition of For Honor but that had a beta and I knew what I was getting)

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I took the chance on the $99 -- making it the most expensive edition of a game I've ever bought. Borderlands DLC has a history of being pretty sweet though, so I'm feeling good.

The season pass seems to be $40 by itself so the $99 version seems to be the best deal considering you get all the deluxe stuff too. And you're right, out of all the season passes I ever bought the Borderlands ones seem to have been worth the most.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Geez this preload is sloooooow. Glad I'm not stuck waiting for it on launch day, only got 60% done from where I left it this morning.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, have 3(or 4) potential playthroughs lined up. Can't decide who will be missing out.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
When does the preload happen on PS4? I've had the game bought for weeks and still nothing. Store shows timer.

Edit - figured it out. Had to go to my library and manually tell it to download.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
My wife has her heart set on Amara so I guess I'm playing Zayne first go. Looking forward to release and hopefully a big day one patch to address some of the issues I've read about in reviews.