• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Ugh my new Moze skin is so much cooler for iron bear but isnt as cool for Moze herself because it got rid of the Vladof logo :(

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, fine.
But he's still 3 levels above me on a mission at my level and my shots do ZERO damage.
So now what?

Are you sure there's zero side stuff left because I never had an issue where I ran out of missions to do while barely maintaining levels on the story missions. Or check the vending machines for better guns, you might kill bosses slowly but they shouldn't be immortal.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Are you sure there's zero side stuff left because I never had an issue where I ran out of missions to do while barely maintaining levels on the story missions. Or check the vending machines for better guns, you might kill bosses slowly but they shouldn't be immortal.
Yup, 100% sure. I've gone through all the previous maps, and there are no more exclamation points.
And I have decent enough guns, and zero issues cutting through the goons to get to the boss, but for some reason, the boss is way OP. Is a boss that three levels above the mission level even normal?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, the awful writing and cringe worthy characters in this game are a tragedy. So, so bad. It's a shame because the gunplay is great and I enjoy the art style.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
Yup, 100% sure. I've gone through all the previous maps, and there are no more exclamation points.
And I have decent enough guns, and zero issues cutting through the goons to get to the boss, but for some reason, the boss is way OP. Is a boss that three levels above the mission level even normal?

Bosses are usually few levels higher, that's ok.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Wow Athenas is a damn slog. Is there seriously only 1 travel point at the very beginning? I've been having fun til now but I'm getting smacked down, loot filling up, and it's just ugh.

Up until this I hadn't really experienced the complaint that there aren't enough travel points but this is straight BS. I may actually just stop here and hope a patch soon adds more of them. Got Zelda now and DQ11 in a few days so I can wait if we may get more points added.

has gearbox commented on this at all yet?

Yep! Minor spoiler follows. You are going to love the
low grav
level.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
The best part is that the next like 4 zones are exactly the same way. It's the worst part of the game.

holy shit! Well thanks for the heads up. I am absolutely not playing for awhile then and will hope a patch addresses this.
I may sound whiny but there are too many good games to play and the lack of convenient fast travel in a game with quickly respawning enemies, sprawling zones and mountains of loot adds up to making playing a chore.
Which is the polar opposite of why I play games lol!

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Omfg this game is soooooo boring. How could this happen? I loved BL2 and put in around 120 hrs on release, but this I can't even get myself to finish. I'm on Eden-6 lvl 27 Zane and it's just boring me to tears :(

I don't get it since the gunplay is actually top tier.
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that traveling to the different planets does more harm than good for me. The one interconnected world of pandora in BL2 felt like more natural progression than the disjointed feeling of jumping from planet to ship to planet to ship etc. The hallways and lack of fast travel points add up to a kind of bleh feeling. The further I get in the game the more mixed my opinion gets because I love some aspects of it (specifically the gunplay, like you mentioned) but there are other times where I'm questioning if I'm really even having that much fun.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
probably already answered, but just finished the game and am level 43. do i turn on tvhm and also mayhem now? i have some sidequest stuff i wanted to finish, wasn't sure if i should do it on normal and enable a mayhem mode or if turning on tvhm plus mayhem is better for loot and stuff?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
probably already answered, but just finished the game and am level 43. do i turn on tvhm and also mayhem now? i have some sidequest stuff i wanted to finish, wasn't sure if i should do it on normal and enable a mayhem mode or if turning on tvhm plus mayhem is better for loot and stuff?

TVHM is a new start (but you can bounce between it and normal). If you just go turn on Mayhem it'll scale all the quests/mobs to your level.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I read online that the Master three for Fl4k is unplayable in endgame/at high level. Is it true? Because if it is it makes me a little sad. I've chosen them because of the pets and so far (I'm level 25 on Eden 6 so halfway trough the game I guess) it works very well. I've spend most of my points into the blue three (some on the green) and my skag rarely die (except against hard enemies some times) and do some good damage, especially when enraged. I wish I could continue to play this way. But if it's litteraly unplayable, I guess I'm going to reroll my skills. But I certainly don't want to play that crit fade away build who melt bosses.
Oh, and another question. Does the pets have stats other than the bonus they give to the player? Like, does the Eridian Skag does more damage or has more life than the Horned Skag, the Jabber, etc...

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Made half a dozen attempts to take down Killavolt and I just get obliterated. Is he soloable? My plan right now is to come back when I'm like level 25 (unless his level scales or some shit).

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I read online that the Master three for Fl4k is unplayable in endgame/at high level. Is it true? Because if it is it makes me a little sad. I've chosen them because of the pets and so far (I'm level 25 on Eden 6 so halfway trough the game I guess) it works very well. I've spend most of my points into the blue three (some on the green) and my skag rarely die (except against hard enemies some times) and do some good damage, especially when enraged. I wish I could continue to play this way. But if it's litteraly unplayable, I guess I'm going to reroll my skills. But I certainly don't want to play that crit fade away build who melt bosses.
Oh, and another question. Does the pets have stats other than the bonus they give to the player? Like, does the Eridian Skag does more damage or has more life than the Horned Skag, the Jabber, etc...

Endgame borderlands requires damage boosting gun skills and Fl4k's blue tree just doesn't cut it after a while afaik

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Made half a dozen attempts to take down Killavolt and I just get obliterated. Is he soloable? My plan right now is to come back when I'm like level 25 (unless his level scales or some shit).

Yeah, for sure. It is the hardest early boss fight but your best bet is just to strafe around and bunnyhop any time the floor turns on. Some safe spots will pop up.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Today I took a ride on a funky roller-coaster and then killed Pen and Teller and then helped Tommy Wisaeau to screen his new movie.
Cool game .

Oct 29, 2017
Bought it today and refunded after about two hours. Guns just felt bad. Also switching to track different quests, opening up the map, then tracking a different quest, opening up the map, etc. was absurd.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Are all of Moze's heads just garbo or what.
I like the top hat and skull option.

He is definitely soloable. I did it on my Amara and my Moze. Took me 3 tries on Amara and 2 on Moze. I used the poop bazooka both times to do it.

His dick is his crit spot btw. (Not kidding)

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
Nice to see they kept the Tannis riding a fish easter egg in this game.

Also this gun sure does trash talk me a lot.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird that 75% of the classes are based around some sort of pet type thing that doesn't scale well as expected. I guess it's a good thing that Moze and Flak have so many other bad ass skills outside of their pet or mech. Too bad for Zane.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Disengaged is fucking awesome. The only head I'll ever need. Fresh to Death is not bad and Desperado is great too.

I do wish that she had more hairstyles though. She has like four or five different heads that are all basically "Short hair with some sort of eyepatch" and that's boring as fuck. I would much rather have new hairstyles entirely. That bothers me even more than all of the joke heads. I really want her default hairstyle without the helmet. It looks badass.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I like mine.
ChfXnsY.jpg

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I killed him solo at level 15. With Zane. My action skill didn't even work against him. I survived because I had health regen when shielded.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
The death cries in this game are on point, they never fail to get a laugh out of me.

Likewise, Claptrap's lines when you find broken units are surprisingly hilarious!

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I got lucky and found a legendary shield that not only made me 100% resistant to shock damage, but being shocked also recharged my shield. So Killavolt was uh, no problem.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's a Borderlands game...the writing is exactly what it should be. It's not hilarious but it is consistently chuckle-worthy.

It's feels like everyone is expecting some kind of high brow humor\writing from the series when it was always a bit juvenile. The writing isn't any better or worse than Borderlands 2...and Ill never not find Claptrap funny.
The humor and the main story are generally worse than BL2 yes.

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
Even I'll readily admit that the writing and story are better in BL2, but I think it's much better than people say it is so take that as a comparison point. It's not as good but I still think it's alright. It's better in the moment to moment plot points than specifically an overarching narrative so far.

Meanwhile the boss for Eden 6 was super fun. I will 100% say that BL3 has the best bosses in the series. Just really cool.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maybe I'm alone here, but if seemingly 90% of all attacks instantly breaks your shield, why even have shields in the game?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He's by FAR the worst. I really regret choosing him, sticking with him, and failing to find viable builds while everyone else is wrecking shit with amara, flak, and moze.
I like Zane so far I just wish his action skills weren't needlessly unintuitive. Having action skills interrupt reloading is a lot more annoying when you have two of them especially when swapping places and picking up your barrier both interrupt reloading too, only the clone can be recalled early and that takes up an augment slot (the drone really needs to be able to be recalled early especially because the 60 second cooldown) and there's no way to deploy the barrier and have it be handheld from the start (picking it up every time is a pain in the ass and leaves you vulnerable).

OniBarubary

Nov 30, 2017
Since I just got an artifact that leaves me permanently at 1 life and doubles my shields as well as boosting their recharge/delay and I'm playing as Zane...no not really. I haven't died once since getting this thing