• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
The Woodblocker Sniper also works really well with Double Barrel. Better than a human is likely to use it, oddly enough.

The Flakker can work amazingly well in some situations, typically bosses that don't move much. Not recommended for general purpose though.

I wouldn't say the Duc or Bekah works particularly well. They're just strong enough on their own to make the clone's poor usage okay enough.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to swap weapons with the d-pad?

Cycling through three weapons with the same button is super clunky

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I miss dpad weapon switch, but I also like switching mission on the fly. Wish I could map that to the touchpad, or just have it so I can use up and down for weapons.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
So main-lining the Main Quest seems to be the best way to go right? It seems endgame stuff is a lot more rewarding than the initial play through.

Is that when the drops stop becoming garbage? The drop rate here is worse than OG Destiny on launch.
switch to classic controls
Oh duh I should have checked there , thank you!

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I would say so. Rush to the endgame. You'll be around late 30s to early 40s, all side-quest will scale to your level, you unlock mayhem mode (also highly increases your xp, money, and drop rates).

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Just 100% the achievements in the game...found out something towards the end that would have made my life a lot easier. When in the menu on the map, press the left stick in and it'll tell you how many areas you've unlocked in that section, how many eridian shards etc. If you back out to orbit it'll tell you the total of everything for all of the maps, pretty handy for achievement/trophy hunters.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
-50% all gun damage is such a bullshit modifier. Get rid of that garbage

Every Vault Thiefs favorites are:

- 70% normal damage

+ elemental damage

- elemental damage

+ 25% normal damage

- 50% gun damage

Enemies have a 30% chance to deflect damage

Have fun getting most of those modifiers 🙋 Then you get these to accompany them:

- smg, pistol, and shotgun damage

- assault rifle and sniper rifle damage

Mayhem modifiers are such good times!

Edited out some things because I had the numbers wrong.

Also, here's an experiment by a Reddit user:

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finally beat the campaign yesterday, so i'm wondering if these are my options for endgame and if I'm missing anything?
1) Do the various proving grounds & slaughterhouse
2) Run across the zones killing enemies and bosses
3) Start THVM for a 2nd playthrough. Does THVM really drop better loot than Normal, as the notification said when I beat the campaign? I thought I heard that with Mayhem modes on Normal difficulty, THVM doesn't really have an advantage? And I'm guessing we can redo all the challenges in THVM, as well as having the maps grayed out again?

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Finally beat the campaign yesterday, so i'm wondering if these are my options for endgame and if I'm missing anything?
3) Start THVM for a 2nd playthrough. Does THVM really drop better loot than Normal, as the notification said when I beat the campaign? I thought I heard that with Mayhem modes on Normal difficulty, THVM doesn't really have an advantage? And I'm guessing we can redo all the challenges in THVM, as well as having the maps grayed out again?
Repeatedly killing a boss (usually Graveward) is the best source of loot currently. The best non-boss method is the Slaughtershaft (that one specifically; the other two Circles of Slaughter aren't as good). Proving Grounds are pretty lackluster, unfortunately. You can also try the weekly events; there's a rare-enemy one this week.

I don't know if TVHM has inherently higher drop rates, but it has more Anointed enemies and possibly more Badasses, which results in better drops anyway. Challenges and map visibility carry over, but side-quests do not.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
You're gonna want to do TVHM because it affects elemental damage scaling

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Yeah it's crazy how broken the slots are you can basically farm legendary's through them, they drop way too often

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Roughly how far am I in the campaign if the last thing I did was:

Beat the ninja boss at the top of the Atlas Headquarter

Oct 27, 2017
Every Vault Thiefs favorites are:

- 70% normal damage

+ elemental damage

- elemental damage

+ 25% normal damage

- 50% gun damage

Enemies have a 30% chance to deflect damage

Have fun getting most of those modifiers 🙋 Then you get these to accompany them:

- smg, pistol, and shotgun damage

- assault rifle and sniper rifle damage

Mayhem modifiers are such good times!

Edited out some things because I had the numbers wrong.

Also, here's an experiment by a Reddit user:

Most of the multipliers are complete trash and not fun but when you get a good grouping thats not impeding and just requires you to play the game a bit differently, it's fun and keeps things engaging in the end game but having that good grouping of modifiers is super hit or miss.

I just don't understand why in a looter shooter of all things that you'd create a modifier that cuts all gun damage in half on what is currently the highest difficulty in the game. They could have at least tempered it by pairing it with 200% crit damage or something so that the combination of the two incentivizes headshots and the like....something that changes up how you play but can still be fun.

Really hope they work these and put some more thought into them down the road.

Probably like 60-65% (Edit: Or not) There's still a ton left.

Last edited:

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017

1/3rd of the way through. Up to Katagawa is 1/3rd, the entirety of Eden-6 is 1/3rd, and everything after that is 1/3rd.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Just finished the campaign! I enjoyed it. Now, on to the farm! Is there a boss who drops legendary Jakobs pistol? I absolutely want one as I like them. The one I have now is a quest reward (the birthday quest) who give me ammo when I hit critical and I love it but its level starting to be too low :(

waffleman

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the campaign! I enjoyed it. Now, on to the farm! Is there a boss who drops legendary Jakobs pistol? I absolutely want one as I like them. The one I have now is a quest reward (the birthday quest) who give me ammo when I hit critical and I love it but its level starting to be too low :(

You can get two really good (according to my friend) legendary jakobs pistol from
Tyreen the Destroyer
called the King's Call and Queen's Call. They have 6 ammo but consume 3 per shot, so the trick is to keep hitting crits which will constantly return ammo to the chamber. I think on crit they also ricochet 3 bullets.

I would also recommend the Lucian's Call or Rowan's Call as an assault rifle. They both have the same return ammo on crit ability (even though Lucian's is a vladof) and both are supposedly really good (I say supposedly because me and my friend haven't found a single Rowan's call after endless farming). These guns are world drops so I would recommend farming
Graveward as he drops a TON of legendaries
I can personally say that Lucian's Call is a pretty good gun (though I'm melee Amara so I don't pull it out often). It has a really fast fire rate and high magazine size so combine those with the return bullets on crit and you got a bullet hose in your hands.

Last edited:

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
When farming graveward do you guys run mayhem or just regular? Does not using mayhem limit my item score?

Edit I've been running mayhem 3 and not getting anything above 580, the majority of the drops are like 520-540 and usually the lower end when they are legendaries for some reason.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always on Mayhem 3 when thrashing Graveward. I don't put too much thought into item score since those aren't really a good indicator if a weapon is good or not.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought I heard before that you don't need to have an anointed gun in your hands to have its perk, only need to be in one of your 4 slots.
But is that really true? I got a gun that deal corrosive damage after my action skill ends, but I don't even get that when coming out of Iron Bear.

Also, as a "Demolition Woman" specced Moze, are Torgue guns the way to go just for the constant splash damage? Ignoring so many manufacturers kinda sucks.

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I heard before that you don't need to have an anointed gun in your hands to have its perk, only need to be in one of your 4 slots.
But is that really true? I got a gun that deal corrosive damage after my action skill ends, but I don't even get that when coming out of Iron Bear.

Also, as a "Demolition Woman" specced Moze, are Torgue guns the way to go just for the constant splash damage? Ignoring so many manufacturers kinda sucks.

By the time you get the final skill on the blue tree, it won't matter what brand of guns you use. Torgue guns are probably a bit more ideal, but you don't have to force yourself to use them.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I really want to level up Moze and Zane as alts, but there's no way I'm going through this campaign four more times.