• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to level up Moze and Zane as alts, but there's no way I'm going through this campaign four more times.

I used two of my mules for actual characters. Zane and Fl4k while Amara and Moze on my main account. I didn't bother to finish the campaigns for Zane/Fl4k, and instead opted to unlock all their equipment slots instead. Amara/Moze are done with Normal mode so I just use TVHM to run the other two characters until I unlocked all their equipment slots.

Zane/Fl4k just tag along whenever I'm farming so that I can get them some decent gear. I will admit that the constant switching between mules wastes a ton of time though. I mostly fill them with legendary artifacts and copies of the weapons a lot of people say are good.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just tried coop Mayhem 1 on a proving grounds with my girlfriend at lvl 47-48 and that shit was pretty hard, beated it with less than 10 mins(and a lot of reviving/second winds) remaining. Is this meant for people below lvl 50 not filled with legendaries and optimal builds? Or maybe it's because we were too used to outlvl everything by 5 lvls prior to beating the campaign? :P

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the game as Zane, only to find out he's one of the weaker characters -_-

Was going to play a new character in TVHM but you have to beat the campaign again with the new character to unlock TVHM for them... that's ridiculous.

I don't even see the point in TVHM now that Mayhem is a thing.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing the "end game" now for a few days and I gotta say it's fun at time and baffling at others.

The game really doesn't want you to play other characters. Forcing you to grind through the tediously long campaign to get all your gear unlocks and not letting you skip cut scenes? Horrible design, I have literally zero interest in making an alt.

Are the proving grounds bugged or? I did like 14 proving grounds and got 4 Legendary on Mayhem 2.

I did 1 Circle of Slaughter on Mayhem 2 and I had more Legendary drops before I hit Round 3 than I did in all the Proving Grounds I did.....That seems off?

Random matchmaking is appreciated but they need to give us options. You can queue up and find yourself in someone's lobby who is doing shit on normal. Or you can find yourself in some fresh 50's lobby who decided to do Cistern of Slaughter on Mayhem 3 and dies constantly.

I'd say 50% of the random matchmaking is fun. The rest turn into shit shows within minutes.

All in all I'm enjoying it, but getting gear seems like a chore at times. I've gotten like 7 Legendary pistols when all I want is a good shield or grenade at this point....

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I've been playing the "end game" now for a few days and I gotta say it's fun at time and baffling at others.

The game really doesn't want you to play other characters. Forcing you to grind through the tediously long campaign to get all your gear unlocks and not letting you skip cut scenes? Horrible design, I have literally zero interest in making an alt.

Are the proving grounds bugged or? I did like 14 proving grounds and got 4 Legendary on Mayhem 2.

I did 1 Circle of Slaughter on Mayhem 2 and I had more Legendary drops before I hit Round 3 than I did in all the Proving Grounds I did.....That seems off?

Random matchmaking is appreciated but they need to give us options. You can queue up and find yourself in someone's lobby who is doing shit on normal. Or you can find yourself in some fresh 50's lobby who decided to do Cistern of Slaughter on Mayhem 3 and dies constantly.

I'd say 50% of the random matchmaking is fun. The rest turn into shit shows within minutes.

All in all I'm enjoying it, but getting gear seems like a chore at times. I've gotten like 7 Legendary pistols when all I want is a good shield or grenade at this point....
The proving ground drop rates are abysmal which sucks because I enjoy them a helluva lot more than farming bosses or the overtuned circle of slaughters.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
Tired of resetting garbage mayhem modifiers just to deal with endless session killing bugs and the worst visual mess I've ever seen in a videogame.

I seem to disagree with the internet at large on many things with this game, but those three are some hard hitting bullshit.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I would do more proving grounds if they guaranteed a legendary drop at the end. Circle of Slaughter should guarantee a legendary drop for at least rounds 3 and 5 at least considering the time investment.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
You can get two really good (according to my friend) legendary jakobs pistol from
Tyreen the Destroyer
called the King's Call and Queen's Call. They have 6 ammo but consume 3 per shot, so the trick is to keep hitting crits which will constantly return ammo to the chamber. I think on crit they also ricochet 3 bullets.

I would also recommend the Lucian's Call or Rowan's Call as an assault rifle. They both have the same return ammo on crit ability (even though Lucian's is a vladof) and both are supposedly really good (I say supposedly because me and my friend haven't found a single Rowan's call after endless farming). These guns are world drops so I would recommend farming
Graveward as he drops a TON of legendaries
I can personally say that Lucian's Call is a pretty good gun (though I'm melee Amara so I don't pull it out often). It has a really fast fire rate and high magazine size so combine those with the return bullets on crit and you got a bullet hose in your hands.
Thanks for the answer! I'm going to look for those "call" weapons! They seem like something that I could greatly enjoy.
Is the
Graveward
really the best boss for farming? It took me a long time to kill it when I fought it in the story, so I'm not really looking forward to face it again, multiple times...

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Is the
Graveward
really the best boss for farming? It took me a long time to kill it when I fought it in the story, so I'm not really looking forward to face it again, multiple times...
Once you are level 50, complete Zero's Wanted Bounty list and you will awarded an elemental Lyuda semi auto Sniper. Any character can kill that boss very quickly using this weapon. I have both Fl4k and Zane and neither have a problem using this weapon to kill this boss.

I am only suggesting waiting until level 50 to complete Zero's Wanted Bounties because I have yet to have an elemental Lyuda drop again for me - and I do a lot of farming.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Once you are level 50, complete Zero's Wanted Bounty list and you will awarded an elemental Lyuda semi auto Sniper. Any character can kill that boss very quickly using this weapon. I have both Fl4k and Zane and neither have a problem using this weapon to kill this boss.

I am only suggesting waiting until level 50 to complete Zero's Wanted Bounties because I have yet to have an elemental Lyuda drop again for me - and I do a lot of farming.

Unfortunately I have already completed all of Zero's bounties while doing the story. I have the Lyuda but he's level 44. But I'm level 46 so maybe it's enough to kill this boss at my level.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im still playing through the main missions. Do I have to do anything for the event that's going on? Like go somewhere special?

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Finally willed myself to finish the campaign on TVH and unlocked mayhem mode. What a slog that was.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting this creepy loading bug on PC where your character's disembodied teeth and eyes float in place? This mostly occurs on the main menu and in the character stats screens. It only happened fairly recently. I played this game on two different PCs, both with different specs, and the issue keeps coming up. It's really putting me off from playing. It comes up constantly.

waffleman

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the answer! I'm going to look for those "call" weapons! They seem like something that I could greatly enjoy.
Is the
Graveward

As far as I know, yes. The more you fight him though, the easier it will be since you'll be getting a lot of good weapons and leveling up often. He drops so much eridium, money, weapons, and other gear that it's hard to see him not being the best farm in the game. I'm not sure who your playing as, but I would recommend trying to respec into a more boss-killer type build if you plan on farming him. That being said, I can't give too much advice since I was mostly carried by my FLAK friend.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
Farming Captain Traunt until you have the gear to effectively farm Graveward (or Slaughter Shaft) is not a bad idea.

(You can make trivialize Traunt by moving in and out of his melee range in order to force his melee attack. He'll never do any of his dangerous attacks.)

Oct 27, 2017
For Zane:

Anointed Parts:
- When Zane swaps positions with his Digi-Clone, the damage gained is increased to 130% (up from 75%)

- Death Follows Close will correctly update several Kill Skills after unlocking this ability

Good stuff. I already have that Annointed part and it's part of my loadout, so that's awesome.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Holy shit I just used the Flakker gun for the first time and wow it cleans house. I thinks it's only like a lvl 50 490 or something I can only imagine what a 550+ is like.

And I'm playing on mayhem 3 and just melting everything lol

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad they aren't chasing the GaaS shit in this game, loving it. Hit level 50 last night... still no Hellwalker tho...

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I just used the Flakker gun for the first time and wow it cleans house. I thinks it's only like a lvl 50 490 or something I can only imagine what a 550+ is like.

And I'm playing on mayhem 3 and just melting everything lol
Finally got the tools to make a Moze-illa build when I got a Flakker and Legendary shield out of a chest and boss respectively. Been going through the trials watching red dots just disappear off my screen.

It'll only get better once somebody drops a recurring Hex, too, though the non-recurring and Radioactive one I have puts in work.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

That's pretty cool. I was actually wondering more though on the difference between the flat increase in luck and the relic that "substantially increases your luck" but doesn't really let you know exactly what "substantially" is. I just go for killing speed though if I can't fit that extra 12% luck into my build (and some builds I can't). Although I guess on everyone's favorite punching bag, you can technically fit that relic into any build.

Finally got the tools to make a Moze-illa build when I got a Flakker and Legendary shield out of a chest and boss respectively. Been going through the trials watching red dots just disappear off my screen.

It'll only get better once somebody drops a recurring Hex, too, though the non-recurring and Radioactive one I have puts in work.

Do you have Re-Router? It turns her into more of a glass cannon (sort of), but you can continually get off shots that do 120% more damage than normal. Probably one every two and a half seconds. Also, I have a Cryo Hex, Radiation Hex and a Recurring Electric Hex, but no radiation one. The Electric version puts in work for me though since it absolutely shreds Maliwan soldiers and then I just use a fire weapon. Recurring Radiation or Cryo would be better I think for just a general catch-all grenade though. Time to go farm Thunk&Sloth for one. They are the rare spawns that are supposed to have a higher chance of dropping a grenade mod, although I don't know if they would actually be any faster than just doing Graveward or the trials.

Today's hotfix: https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-10-borderlands-3-hotfixes-oct-10/

I was actually expecting nerfs to Amara this week, but she got some nice QoL/buffs instead, which is a pleasant surprise. The Leave No Trace nerf was also toned down, which is another welcome change.

Clone swapping is still a clunky way to buff, but at least Zane got something, and they adjusted FL4K to be slightly less trash now, since they seemed to have screwed up with the last nerf anyway. Moze's change didn't actually do anything either aside from bring her back up to where she was prior to her last nerf (which didn't really affect my playstyle). I doubt much of anyone used the Bloodletter mod just for the recharge delay. It was used in conjunction with Vampyr/Deathless to heal your shields, not recharge them.

What is going on with these changes anyway, are they just throwing darts at a dart board and the playerbase is testing for them?

Modified enemy spawn level discrepancies reported in the later parts of the campaign
  • We noticed that some enemies were spawning at lower levels than expected in the later parts of the campaign. Players should no longer see enemies that are dramatically lower levels than other nearby enemies in certain areas.

How did they not notice this until now? It's like no one played the game to completion prior to launch. Enemies being 5-10 levels lower than you (and even lower than the previous progression zone) should have been obvious from the start.

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty cool. I was actually wondering more though on the difference between the flat increase in luck and the relic that "substantially increases your luck" but doesn't really let you know exactly what "substantially" is. I just go for killing speed though if I can't fit that extra 12% luck into my build (and some builds I can't). Although I guess on everyone's favorite punching bag, you can technically fit that relic into any build.

Do you have Re-Router? It turns her into more of a glass cannon (sort of), but you can continually get off shots that do 120% more damage than normal. Probably one every two and a half seconds. Also, I have a Cryo Hex, Radiation Hex and a Recurring Electric Hex, but no radiation one. The Electric version puts in work for me though since it absolutely shreds Maliwan soldiers and then I just use a fire weapon. Recurring Radiation or Cryo would be better I think for just a general catch-all grenade though. Time to go farm Thunk&Sloth for one. They are the rare spawns that are supposed to have a higher chance of dropping a grenade mod, although I don't know if they would actually be any faster than just doing Graveward or the trials.

Clone swapping is still a clunky way to buff, but at least Zane got something, and they adjusted FL4K to be slightly less trash now, since they seemed to have screwed up with the last nerf anyway. Moze's change didn't actually do anything either aside from bring her back up to where she was prior to her last nerf (which didn't really affect my playstyle). I doubt much of anyone used the Bloodletter mod just for the recharge delay. It was used in conjunction with Vampyr/Deathless to heal your shields, not recharge them.

What is going on with these changes anyway, are they just throwing darts at a dart board and the playerbase is testing for them?

How did they not notice this until now? It's like no one played the game to completion prior to launch. Enemies being 5-10 levels lower than you (and even lower than the previous progression zone) should have been obvious from the start.
Oh, they were aware of the bug. Not every bug is worth pritoizing though and that one was very minor in the grand scheme of things

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I know there's not a ton to spend money on, but with my two respects costing a total of 26 million credits this morning, it doesn't exactly encourage build testing.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Just completed the game as Zane, only to find out he's one of the weaker characters -_-

Was going to play a new character in TVHM but you have to beat the campaign again with the new character to unlock TVHM for them... that's ridiculous.

I don't even see the point in TVHM now that Mayhem is a thing.
i would not say he is weak though get a amazing gun and set up skills well he will shred everything and throw out STNL too its glorious

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
YUP! That was the shield. Dropped from Graveward, then went inside the Vault and found a Flakker in a chest.

Like the game itself just said "Have fun." :D

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Finally willed myself to finish the campaign on TVH and unlocked mayhem mode. What a slog that was.

Umm....Mayhem unlocks after clearing regular, no need for TVHM.

Is there a point to tvhm? The loot seems to be the same between mayhem 3 tvhm and just mayhem 3? I'm pretty much done with the game at this point. It's just farming for farmings sake. There's nothing to do....

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure respec costs are based on how much money you have, not your level. I think it's around 10% of your current cash.

That would make more sense, since I've respecced a few times during the course of my first Siren playthrough, and I don't remember the price being *that* expensive compared to the amount of money I had at the time.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I'm pretty sure respec costs are based on how much money you have, not your level. I think it's around 10% of your current cash.
Yep it is %. During campaign I have always made sure to spend as much money on SDU's and slot machines before respecing. Obviously at endgame you can never blow through that much money but it is helpful to go into respec with as littler funds as possible when money is still tight.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So the few zones in late Pandora where enemies suddenly went from lvl 34 to 27(or something like that) then back to 34 was not intended? Good to know they fixed that, I always found that to be pretty weird and obviously sucked since I got 1-2 xp per kills.