• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Where do I find the specific Halloween challenges?

Also, anyone know what happens to the terror perks in weapons amd the new level once it's over?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Where do I find the specific Halloween challenges?

Also, anyone know what happens to the terror perks in weapons amd the new level once it's over?
They're to the right of the guardian rank tab and then on console you use R2 to view them

Currently I'm pretty sure A Snowball's Chance in Heck is bugged though which sucks

And they keep the same roll, some items let you activate Terror on yourself through melee or using your action skill or more. Which is neat but ultimately I can't see it being worth it so I really wish they only dropped from enemies/chests in the event area because it just means this next month is gonna have a lot of useless loot

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a lot of time running through Heck with a lvl 50 FL4K. Got zero fearmongers.
Went through it once with an Amara I'm leveling up (at 28 now) and got 2 fearmongers within about 3 minutes.

Just to confirm - if I beat all 15 challenges with any character all of the characters will have access to the skins/trinkets, etc..?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Spent a lot of time running through Heck with a lvl 50 FL4K. Got zero fearmongers.
Went through it once with an Amara I'm leveling up (at 28 now) and got 2 fearmongers within about 3 minutes.

Just to confirm - if I beat all 15 challenges with any character all of the characters will have access to the skins/trinkets, etc..?
Yes to the trinket and echo device, not sure about the character skin tho

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Getting 25 Hecktoplasm every time I want to run this is going to get annoying very quickly.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
They're to the right of the guardian rank tab and then on console you use R2 to view them

Currently I'm pretty sure A Snowball's Chance in Heck is bugged though which sucks

And they keep the same roll, some items let you activate Terror on yourself through melee or using your action skill or more. Which is neat but ultimately I can't see it being worth it so I really wish they only dropped from enemies/chests in the event area because it just means this next month is gonna have a lot of useless loot

They keep the roll? Well that's gonna suck if I want to keep them, I'm basically out of bank space as is. Dammit.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Getting 25 Hecktoplasm every time I want to run this is going to get annoying very quickly.
FL4K is my only lvl 50 character, and he's real annoying for this because the ghosts often run into the pet and disappear. It also seems like thrown Tediore weapons cause the ghosts to disappear rather than die.

Collecting the plasma is definitely tedious, and it's dumb that you can't collect more than 25 at a time, or begin collecting again as soon as you're in the event stage.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wouldn't be surprised to see this event come back next year, so if you don't feel like grinding it on all 4 characters for the skins, just do it on 2. :P

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They keep the roll? Well that's gonna suck if I want to keep them, I'm basically out of bank space as is. Dammit.
Yeah

Although unless someone comes up with really good builds that utilize Terror (which honestly I doubt it because at least 1-2 gear slots need to be used just to GENERATE terror after this event) they're basically just wasted rolls in my mind that take away from getting what would be an otherwise good drop.

Worst case scenario they'll all be near useless once they raise the level cap anyway.

I don't really like how the only way to get them will be gone after the 5th though even if they do the same event next year. All of BL2's timed items were just skins and heads.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
The challenges are behaving strangely. Though they have for a while, really.

I'm always being notified of progress with planet specific challenges, while on an entirely different planet. I even got the trophy for finding all named Promethea locations while on Pandora.

But with Bloody Harvest specifically, I just picked up an event legendary (Shocking Dauntless Kaos, applies Terror on Action Skill End) but the challenge remains uncompleted.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The challenges are behaving strangely. Though they have for a while, really.

I'm always being notified of progress with planet specific challenges, while on an entirely different planet. I even got the trophy for finding all named Promethea locations while on Pandora.

But with Bloody Harvest specifically, I just picked up an event legendary (Shocking Dauntless Kaos, applies Terror on Action Skill End) but the challenge remains uncompleted.
I killed a ton of haunted enemies in the hole using cryo guns and that specific one just shows as 1/100 no matter what

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you restart the campaign with all your stats, gear, and levels. Enemies scale up, elemental resistances/weaknesses are stronger. Strictly for characters who have beaten the campaign. TVHM essentially is New Game +... I'd say playing through TVHM without Mayhem turned on would be the closest to Normal.
Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
just downloaded on the X Hoping for performance improvements.

Update: Driving around Eden 6, and the Freesync framerate on my Samsung Q9FN is still bouncing all around between 48 and 60 FPS. Doesn't seem to be a huge change so far. Sanctuary all feels pretty much the same. Bummer.

Menus are noticeably better though. Not perfect, but another step forward. Accessing the bank is still laggy, same with scrolling through your bank items.

Oh, and they didn't fix the bug for FL4K that prevents his "additional Rakk charge" annointed gear from consistently giving the extra charge.

So the big patch is liv
Have they said if hotfixes will eventually be added to regular patches so they work offline?

Hopefully no time soon. Loot tink farm has been my best source for Lyudas, Rowan's and Lucian's Call, Butchers and ton of other great perks. A decent amount with annointed perks

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
So the update broke the ability to mark stuff on your inventory as favorite or trash. I'm on PS4. Is it just me?

Steenbock

Nov 1, 2017
As much as I was looking forward to this new event, until they fix the PS4 favorites/junk toggle issue, I'm out. It's always been a bit of a chore to manage inventory, but this turns it into a major headache. At least now I've got more time to sink into Outer Worlds... :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This event is pretty fun. If nothing else having to gather the 25 things from the skulls gives me something else to do while finishing up side quests in TVHM and Haunt is a pretty fun fight. It's pretty grindy, but that's the game and I don't care if I 100% everything in it. Especially with my playtime limited for a while due to work being crazy busy. The loot seems good, I probably got at least 15-20 legendary drops last night playing in TVHM Mayhem 3.

The PS4 bug if not being able to favorite/junk stuff in the menu is pretty annoying. I did figure it that you can make things in your backpack when on the sell tab at a vending machine. Still sucks, but a workaround for now.

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Two quality of life improvements I'd like to see are:
For Bloody Harvest change it from "talk to Maurice to start the search for 25 souls" to "talk to Maurice and then gain the ability to collect souls which can be used, at a cost of 25x per trip to Heck".
and
Don't let status effects kill when there are no enemies around. Slowly dying due to a minor fire burn and realizing that there's noone nearby to kill for a second wind sucks.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect this challenge requires getting one of the unique Bloody Harvest legendary drops, not just any legendary with a Terror anointment.

I killed a ton of haunted enemies in the hole using cryo guns and that specific one just shows as 1/100 no matter what
I couldn't get shit to register when using a cryo Night Hawkin, but a regular cryo shotgun did the trick.

So the update broke the ability to mark stuff on your inventory as favorite or trash. I'm on PS4. Is it just me?
It's widespread. You can change the marks on anything that's equipped, or you can mark stuff via the vending/bank menus. You can't touch the backpack from the regular Echo menu, however, which truly sucks. Hopefully a quick bug fixing patch can be issued for some things and they don't wait until the next big one.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Im trying to complete some sidequests to level up my Zane to 50 without minding the Bloody Harvest stuff, but ghosts.. ghosts everywhere .
giphy.gif

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Im trying to complete some sidequests to level up my Zane to 50 without minding the Bloody Harvest stuff, but ghosts.. ghosts everywhere .
giphy.gif
Yeah, they're everywhere, lol.

I do like the Terror weapons, gear drop outside of the DLC tho, so that's nice.

I haven't beat the main game yet and its nice to get Anointed drops.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
the update completely screwed the mouse behavior on my end. I cant use it in menus reliably anymore, full keyboard is obligatory now : |

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Version 1.05 is the latest one on PS4? Should I download it or just play the disc version? I heard there have been some changes and nerfs.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has anyone found the shields with low capacity to be worth it over the high ones? I mean, why should I pick a a shield with 4k capacity when I can use one with 14k? I'm pretty sure the bonus are probably never worth the 10k trade.

Also, I don't really understand the Blood Harvest challenge asking to kill 100 haunted enemies with cryo damage in Heck. I've killed plenty of them with a Hyperion cryo SMG and some kills don't even register. Then I switch to a COV cryo pistol, and suddenly, it seems to work better...? Is it because not all bullets count as cryo with a Hyperion SMG?

Brainstormer is now my favorite weapon in the game. Tried Circle of Slaughter for the first time, solo and on Mayhem 3 and this thing made it so easy.

Yeah, that and the AAA pistol are pretty damn good to destroy shields.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone found the shields with low capacity to be worth it over the high ones? I mean, why should I pick a a shield with 4k capacity when I can use one with 14k? I'm pretty sure the bonus are probably never worth the 10k trade.

Also, I don't really understand the Blood Harvest challenge asking to kill 100 haunted enemies with cryo damage in Heck. I've killed plenty of them with a Hyperion cryo SMG and some kills don't even register. Then I switch to a COV cryo pistol, and suddenly, it seems to work better...? Is it because not all bullets count as cryo with a Hyperion SMG?

Yeah, that and the AAA pistol are pretty damn good to destroy shields.
For which shields I use, if it's too low I don't care about the perks. But I will take a lower shield with better perks. Or perks I think are better for me. The gap just can't be so wide I'm constantly losing my shields every 3 seconds.

Right now I'm using a shield that regenerates 10% of my health per second when the shield is full. I have another shield thats 600 more, it's perks are status effects defense, extra health....I have yet to use it.

I'm still rocking a lvl 18 or 20 Starkiller laser gun, fire elemental, I'm at level 27. It takes health down so fast right now.

Also, FL4K with health regen skills combined with regen shields, mods his health regen flies back up.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
What's the best way to power level a new character?
In Borderlands 2 I split-screen with my lvl 50 character and the character I wanted to level up, but this doesn't work in 3, right?

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Big oof today, had to run a system restore on the comp due to bugged Windows updates, but these aren't supposed to alter or delete files - usually... well, for whatever reason, the save on my main got borked. All my equipped gear gone, bank's emptied out too. Even the lost loot machine spazzed out, despite being full and playing all the sounds / animations, no gear actually came out.

All of this wouldn't be so bad if cloud saves worked right, but for reasons unknown, I haven't been able to upload any cloud save since the 11th this month, so now I can decide between getting some of my gear back or keeping my guardian rank, since using the old save means I lose out on that.

Guess I'm refarming :P ...

Oct 25, 2017
In Borderlands 2 I split-screen with my lvl 50 character and the character I wanted to level up, but this doesn't work in 3, right?

Have some at level 50 do Slaughter Shaft with you in competitive mode. No other method compares. You just stand around and hit 50 in about 30 minutes.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I'm still getting legendaries I've never heard of. Got the nomad and echo today

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I'm still getting legendaries I've never heard of. Got the nomad and echo today
Yeah, it's been interesting. I've been getting a lot in the last few days.

One that I wish I got two versions of for a lvl 40 something character, and hope I get on a 50 is the Ghast Call grenade, which is damn good.

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
The best way is to go offline and put on mayhem mode 3 (you still get 900% xp gain) and fight graveward (you still get 210K+ xp) or run through a proving ground about 3/4 times. The only issue with doing it this way though is you are going to have to create a new character from another account on your PS4/XB1 level that character up first and then get that character to level up your main account.
You used to be able to go offline, start the game and then go back online and invite a friend and keep the 900% xp gain in mayhem mode 3 but I don't know if this still works.
What platform are you playing it on?

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
Have some at level 50 do Slaughter Shaft with you in competitive mode. No other method compares. You just stand around and hit 50 in about 30 minutes.
The best way is to go offline and put on mayhem mode 3 (you still get 900% xp gain) and fight graveward (you still get 210K+ xp) or run through a proving ground about 3/4 times. The only issue with doing it this way though is you are going to have to create a new character from another account on your PS4/XB1 level that character up first and then get that character to level up your main account.
You used to be able to go offline, start the game and then go back online and invite a friend and keep the 900% xp gain in mayhem mode 3 but I don't know if this still works.
What platform are you playing it on?

Thank you both.
Creating a new character in a secondary account looks more feasible.
I just beat the game with Zane and I wanted to try the other characters before committing to playing TVHM with one of them. And there's no way I'm playing through the game in the normal difficulty mode with the other 3 characters.

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
I'm leveling Amara to 50 and having soooooo much fun! Her dialogues are funny, she's badass, her heads and skins are awesome (unlike FL4K) and deals tons of damage

I laugh so hard with Phasegrasp + that skill that link enemies melting everything! Having more fun than with FL4K, Fade Away is boring (just like Salvador gunzerking) and I HATE TO REVIVE THOSE FUCKING PETS EVERY 10 SECONDS

Last edited:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
QUESTION:

I played Borderlands and Borderlands 2 on PC back when they came out.

Is there any reason to continue that trend or is PS4 Pro just as good?

I feel like Borderlands 2 used the save data I had from the first but I can't remember. Is there anything like that here?

How is the performance difference between the two platforms?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm leveling Amara to 50 and having soooooo much fun! Her dialogues are funny, she's badass, her heads and skins are awesome (unlike FL4K) and deals tons of damage

I laugh so hard with Phasegrasp + that skill that link enemies melting everything! Having more fun than with FL4K, Fade Away is boring (just like Salvador gunzerking) and I HATE TO REVIVE THOSE FUCKING PETS EVERY 10 SECONDS
Agree about Fade Away. I use Gamma Burst now. Reason why is I put points in pet skills, now they don't die every ten seconds, lol.

That is irritating early on, but it you put points in some decent pet skills, they are a life saver. My pets rarely die now, and they can revive me if I'm downed.

I rarely die now. I've been downed more than my pets lately.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California

10k is a lot. But I'm finding the perks on shields can be super valuable, more so than the bigger shield number. It feels to me either my shield is full or else it's depleting to zero fast. Sure it takes a little longer to get to 0 with a bigger shield. But whether the shield is a little bigger or not I'm still gonna die unless I move out of the way off whatever's killing me. All I want is the shield to be big enough to give me time to get out of the fire / acid pool / line of sight of the longshot.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
10k is a lot. But I'm finding the perks on shields can be super valuable, more so than the bigger shield number. It feels to me either my shield is full or else it's depleting to zero fast. Sure it takes a little longer to get to 0 with a bigger shield. But whether the shield is a little bigger or not I'm still gonna die unless I move out of the way off whatever's killing me. All I want is the shield to be big enough to give me time to get out of the fire / acid pool / line of sight of the longshot.

On mayhem 2 my 10k can die in a split second. God knows how I'd do at 4k. I have a ton of legendary shields too, but I always go back to Messy Breakup.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crappy implementation of dad luck protection or more likely just a place to dump eridium if you don't want to use the slots.

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
Is the texture pop in getting worse the more i play or am i just noticing it more? [PS4 Pro]

man the performance on this is killing my enjoyment

Last edited:

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the campaign. Currently level 43 Flak. Mopping up side quests on Mayhem 2. The anointed enemies, randomly popping up in pairs suck. I want the better drops Mayhem 2 brings. Am I playing this wrong?

I don't really want to redo the campaign with a new character, so I guess no TVHM?