• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Is the texture pop in getting worse the more i play or am i just noticing it more? [PS4 Pro]

man the performance on this is killing my enjoyment
I do have to say the slot machines at Moxxis are particular egregious. You have to be practically making out with them for the hq textures to load.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason why some elemental weapons say "highly effective vs x" while other with the same element don't?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise how useful the junk button was until its gone. Hopefully we get a hot fix for it soon.

I think I will wait until after the bloody harvest event to attempt the cistern of slaughter. The skulls are causing too much trouble. I made the mistake of trying it Solo with Zane with mayham 1 on. It didn't go well.

4 red skull Badass Jabbers at the same time is not fun.

Does anyone have any tips on the shooting range trophy?

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands Show:
  • Lilith is gone...rip. wait...he said "for a while
    • felt that the ending of her was good for her character arch.
      • from vh to goddess to leader to savior
    • wanted the character to feel really powerful and more important than Lilith.
    • they are some character favorites, and they wanted to explore more of those characters.
  • wanted to keep the danger alive
  • Calypso Twins
    • did not start off with the idea of the streamers at first.
    • really struggled with the Post-Handsome Jack syndrome (PHJS- you saw it here first)
    • wanted to have act villains that the player defeated to keep the story moving.
    • wanted him to be in your face to be like Jack. Started playing with the Live Streamer ideas.
    • Liked the idea of building a family/cult
    • Typhon's children idea was super late in the process.
    • TYREEN KILLED HER MOM
  • Ava discussion
    • Randy called her "great divisive character"
      • Felt like they could've done better with her
      • wish they had more time to work on her.
      • he asked her to play the Ava side missions
      • We will spend more time with her in DLCs
      • question they want to answer- Why Ava gets Sanctuary?
      • They will be adding this into a DLC.
      • gave Ava the keys because Maya saw something special in Ava.
      • They are leaving room for growth for the character.
      • "bittersweet" end of the Pandora cycle for Borderlands.- These are Randy's words.
  • They now have 4 writers instead of the one
  • Building a lore team as they look to make even bigger games
  • talking about "annoying dialogue"
    • they talked about too many poop jokes. debates internally on toning it down
    • Talked about the discussion to modernize their humor
    • they are really cool with the discussion! Add meaningful criticism.
    • wanted to add more heart to the game.
      • talked about the Private Beans mission and how that added to the character.
  • Said that he say that the current VH does not feel like they are attached to the story.
    • They are going to work on that going forward.
    • wanted to add more agency in the playable characters
    • added more lines in February
  • Bank Space
    • Top priority but can't get it out as soon as they want to due to complexity
  • Slightly slowing down on hotfixes as there's also a risk of breaking something, implementing things to make it safer
  • Balancing
    • Nerfs are to keep the power curve from flatlining and making the game boring after 1 drop
    • Only focused on unintended effects or extreme outliers (bee/conference)
    • Further zane buffs
    • Pets are where they want them to be early game but will be buffing them more for late game
    • No meta shifts just because it's "stale", just want multiple builds to be viable
  • Post launch support will be even bigger than BL2
  • Maliwan Takedown
    • Balanced for 4 player @ lvl 50
    • Unlocked after beating the game
    • Lorelai finds a secret maliwan research base you need to destroy
      • new map
      • new enemies
    • Specific loot drops
      • Has the best shields in the game
      • Heads/Skins
      • Trophies
      • Might have guns
    • Specific TVHM challenges
    • Tuned to be replayable at about 30m a run, can pick up where you left off
    • Matchmaking available
    • Comes out November 21st
  • Level cap increase coming (not soon)
    • (probably DLC1)
  • The TPS ending is too large for a DLC
    • Plot thread left alone intentionally
    • Wanted to expand the galaxy first
    • Won't be in any DLCS
  • DLC1 details next month
  • There was only 1 gun designer in the previous games (WHAT)
  • BL2 vault hunters coming back in DLCs
    • Not all will return, hope they picked the right ones

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Only 1 gun designer in the previous games....that's insane.

The pets are good now IMO, nice to hear they get buffs for late game. I think I'm going to finish the game with FL4K, then use Moze again since I'm at the same spot when I switched to FL4K.

Gamma Burst is a beast.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Is offline graveward still the best legendary farm? Ran through Cistern on mayhem 3 online and only got like 1-2 drops a round.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It's really wild that they didn't code this to be able to handle any significant storage space without sacrificing performance. That they're explicitly linking the delay in a storage solution to performance issues is crazy. Likewise for making no plans for skippable cinematics.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It's really wild that they didn't code this to be able to handle any significant storage space without sacrificing performance. That they're explicitly linking the delay in a storage solution to performance issues is crazy. Likewise for making no plans for skippable cinematics.
Given the game 's performance issues, I get the feeling coding isn't their strong suit. I'm also not surprised because a larger bank would seem like an obvious thing to add and not doing so indicates to me that it wasn't worth the effort to sort out prerelease.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It seems you don't need to do the Blood Harvest challenges on all characters to unlock their skins. I have it on my Moze despite the fact that I completed 12 challenges on my FL4K. Good thing too... didn't feel like doing this 4 times.

Also, the Moze creepy clown head goes super well with the Ravenous skin haha.
8YvtbA4.jpg

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Or just a feature that was not critical for launch

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
"Bank Space
Top priority but can't get it out as soon as they want to due to complexity"

So a conversation like "Yeah guys, 50 slots shared between all characters is fine, AND we won't really need to worry about expanding it, ever." is something that probably took place?

How. This is insane to me.

Last edited:

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
"Bank Space

So a conversation like"yeah guys, 50 slots shared between all characters is fine, AND we won't really need to worry about expanding it, ever." is something that probably took place?

Yeah, I dont know what to do at this point. I'm running at a full bank and 34 slots taken on my Zane. If I get 6 more unique legendaries I have to stop playing until its increased.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I dont know what to do at this point. I'm running at a full bank and 34 slots taken on my Zane. If I get 6 more unique legendaries I have to stop playing until its increased.
I've basically stopped playing. Even with this Halloween event, what's the point? I don't have space to hold any cool Terrifed drops, and they're only useful for a month anyways.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
The bank wasn't shared before between characters in the other games, right? Wasn't it just that lil Clap Trap side quest bank?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Aside from increased bank and backpack slots, I just want something cool to spend this money and eridium on. From farming Graveward for a week, I've maxed out the former and have around 9000 of the latter.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
So it's a Maliwan takedown but none of the legendaries are mailman and two are variations one a blue weapon and the other a current legendary from another manufacturer

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
BL2 vault hunters coming back in DLCs
Krieg is definitely one, right?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
So, weird glitch, has anyone else encountered this? Last night I got a Night Hawkin that was 19x3 damage. Tonight when I get on, the damage is now only listed as 19. Which one was right?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
So, weird glitch, has anyone else encountered this? Last night I got a Night Hawkin that was 19x3 damage. Tonight when I get on, the damage is now only listed as 19. Which one was right?
The night hawkin does that depending on the time of day. If you have a regular hawkin, I believe it switches between cryo and incendiary. If you have an arctic hawkin, it switches between 1 and 3 projectiles per shot.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Can someone please tell me why rare spawns are a thing

This isn't an MMO with an always online community

This is a game where you can reset all enemies at the touch of a button

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Or just a feature that was not critical for launch
I would argue that not having a decent amount of storage space in a loot game 2 months after release is a critical flaw

Edit: also not all BL2 vault Hunters returning is a huge disappointment

That's the main reason 2's story was enjoyable and a major negative of 3's story

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Didn't realise how useful the junk button was until its gone. Hopefully we get a hot fix for it soon.

I think I will wait until after the bloody harvest event to attempt the cistern of slaughter. The skulls are causing too much trouble. I made the mistake of trying it Solo with Zane with mayham 1 on. It didn't go well.

4 red skull Badass Jabbers at the same time is not fun.

Does anyone have any tips on the shooting range trophy?
I honestly think terrified weapons and ghosts should only spawn in the event area and there should be 0 hecktoplasm requirement.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I would argue that not having a decent amount of storage space in a loot game 2 months after release is a critical flaw

Edit: also not all BL2 vault Hunters returning is a huge disappointment

That's the main reason 2's story was enjoyable and a major negative of 3's story
Looking at other loot games the problem with adding space is an issue on consoles. Looking around i dont think consoles can support things like MySQL. So unlike path of exile(where it's always online and data is server side) , you cant easily add space. As everything has to be custom made and tested to make sure you don't crash due to running out of memory by opening the menu at any point (backpack space won't get expanded due to this, but bank space would be more manageable). Hell, it took destiny 2 8 months just to increase space by 100 and they have more shit to store.

Im sure everyone will come back except axton

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
"Bank Space

So a conversation like "Yeah guys, 50 slots shared between all characters is fine, AND we won't really need to worry about expanding it, ever." is something that probably took place?

Honestly half that list is insane to me and almost makes me think an entirely new team that didn't play/work on BL2 or TPS worked on 3. We know they already didn't play the telltale game since those guys are worst characters in the game. The entire story is a mess and it's super weird reading their reactions cause all of this was like...bad the second ink touched the paper. It's all sounding mighty rushed to me and their just gonna use DLC and post support to fix everything.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Honestly half that list is insane to me and almost makes me think an entirely new team that didn't play/work on BL2 or TPS worked on 3. We know they already didn't play the telltale game since those guys are worst characters in the game. The entire story is a mess and it's super weird reading their reactions cause all of this was like...bad the second ink touched the paper. It's all sounding mighty rushed to me and their just gonna use DLC and post support to fix everything.
I dunno, I think mechanically the game is pretty sound once they figure out late game balance. I don't think there is anything unrecoverable in the game.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at other loot games the problem with adding space is an issue on consoles. Looking around i dont think consoles can support things like MySQL. So unlike path of exile(where it's always online and data is server side) , you cant easily add space. As everything has to be custom made and tested to make sure you don't crash due to running out of memory by opening the menu at any point (backpack space won't get expanded due to this, but bank space would be more manageable). Hell, it took destiny 2 8 months just to increase space by 100 and they have more shit to store.
This is all sensible except wouldn't the simple answer be to have multiple banks? Like say, different banks for different types of items? I think few people would care if you could store a lot but couldn't view everything at once.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
This is all sensible except wouldn't the simple answer be to have multiple banks? Like say, different banks for different types of items? I think few people would care if you could store a lot but couldn't view everything at once.
Iirc the other bl's had separate main banks with a smaller bank that was shared. Might be getting mixed up.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The question then becomes why isnt there just one big bank. Inventory management would become a big mess. Then there's the problem of introducing more failure points with each new vault. Increasing the amount of testing needing to be done. The reason they got rid of per character banks was because it was obnoxious trying to juggle inventory between characters.

Oct 26, 2017
BL2 vault hunters coming back in DLCs
Krieg is definitely one, right?

For real?? This is great news, as it confirms new vault hunter(even if they're old characters) DLC, which I don't think had really been confirmed at all, until now.

I'll hope for Salvador and Gaige. Krieg would be nice too.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The question then becomes why isnt there just one big bank. Inventory management would become a big mess. Then there's the problem of introducing more failure points with each new vault. Increasing the amount of testing needing to be done. The reason they got rid of per character banks was because it was obnoxious trying to juggle inventory between characters.
I guess, but it just seems like they switched one problem for another without solving much.

For real?? This is great news, as it confirms new vault hunter(even if they're old characters) DLC, which I don't think had really been confirmed at all, until now.

I think they mean old characters will appear in new story material, not that there will be more playable characters. I'm pretty sure they've been adamant about not adding new player characters because they weren't widely used in the past.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

I need more Gaige in my life. (as a NPC as someone said as nothing about that said they would be playable)

that being said.

If she did come back she would likely become a Siren at some point >.>

Oct 26, 2017
I think they mean old characters will appear in new story material, not that there will be more playable characters. I'm pretty sure they've been adamant about not adding new player characters because they weren't widely used in the past.

Oh. Well, that's a tad disappointing.

I'll still hope to see Salvador and Gaige back in the DLC's respective stories. Krieg seems highly likely in that regard, given the audio logs.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Gaige was my most played BL2 character, followed by Zer0 and Krieg. Sucks that we won't get new playable characters, but I really hope both Gaige and Krieg at least show up in the DLC.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I expect Axton to not be in DLCs considering he is a pretty boring character compared to the others. Hopefully the other 3 will be there.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just beat the main campaign at Level 43, what's the fastest way to reach Level 50? Also, should I wait until I hit 50 before doing Circle of Slaughter and Eridian Proving Grounds?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just beat the main campaign at Level 43, what's the fastest way to reach Level 50? Also, should I wait until I hit 50 before doing Circle of Slaughter and Eridian Proving Grounds?

Activate Mayhem mode to the level you're comfortable, complete any sidequests you haven't done. Do Proving Grounds or Circle of Slaughter. The latter are repeatable quests, so you can do it as many times as you want.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I guess, but it just seems like they switched one problem for another without solving much.

It's annoying now for less work down the road. Trying to consolidate multiple banks down the line is a recipe for disaster

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Until they improve the bank space, I'm guessing the best option is to make bank alts and upgrade their backpacks? With lvl 50 lost loot that can be easily recovered and sold by them(not to mention the useless ones received by mail), at least it won't take too long to upgrade most of the backpack SDUs for that alt...

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who beat the game, can you access what looks like another bank by some Clap Trap on the ship? If so, how big is it?

I'm assuming it's a bank. And I can't remember where it's at right now.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
The best way is to go offline and put on mayhem mode 3 (you still get 900% xp gain) and fight graveward (you still get 210K+ xp) or run through a proving ground about 3/4 times. The only issue with doing it this way though is you are going to have to create a new character from another account on your PS4/XB1 level that character up first and then get that character to level up your main account.
You used to be able to go offline, start the game and then go back online and invite a friend and keep the 900% xp gain in mayhem mode 3 but I don't know if this still works.
What platform are you playing it on?

I've been meaning to try this since I posted the question this post replied to.
I have a follow-up questions, though. Why is it needed to go offline?

For the record, I'm playing on PS4.