• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Until they improve the bank space, I'm guessing the best option is to make bank alts and upgrade their backpacks? With lvl 50 lost loot that can be easily recovered and sold by them(not to mention the useless ones received by mail), at least it won't take too long to upgrade most of the backpack SDUs for that alt...
Can't you just sell bad legendaries on the alt that you farm on the main?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
"Bank Space
Top priority but can't get it out as soon as they want to due to complexity"

So a conversation like "Yeah guys, 50 slots shared between all characters is fine, AND we won't really need to worry about expanding it, ever." is something that probably took place?

How. This is insane to me.

A complete and total misunderstanding of the game they were building. It's a fucking loot game! Why would I be excited about any new content when I can't pick up anything? Good job, Gearbox.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I think mechanically the game is pretty sound once they figure out late game balance. I don't think there is anything unrecoverable in the game.
This is certainly a take considering the dozens of QOL improvements over bl2 and tps
I mean everything outside the mechanics. They made a great shooter, everything else though pertaining to the worlds, story, characters and things tied to mechanics such as bank space in a loot game, mayhem conflicting with NG+, all of which would need sweeping fixes for me personally.

I've been meaning to try this since I posted the question this post replied to.
I have a follow-up questions, though. Why is it needed to go offline?

For the record, I'm playing on PS4.
In my experience, playing offline on PS4 never did anything for me. I would always have to delete the patches, reinstall the patches, and launch the game in offline mode. For me, once the hotfixes are applied, there's no getting them out for me on ps4. If you don't play online, the game forces you to do an ingame update before you can play, the update reduces drop rates, nerfs a lot of stuff across the board and makes mayhem a lot less rewarding.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still have no idea why rare spawns are a thing.

Does anyone here actually like them?

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
I've been meaning to try this since I posted the question this post replied to.
I have a follow-up questions, though. Why is it needed to go offline?

For the record, I'm playing on PS4.
Because they nerfed the xp gain on mayhem mode 3 from 900% to I thinks it's now 50% to 100% but if you go offline the hotfix doesn't apply and you still get the 900% xp gain. You will lvl up really quick.
The graveward will give 220K+ xp each time you kill him and drops loads of legendaries

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Looking at other loot games the problem with adding space is an issue on consoles. Looking around i dont think consoles can support things like MySQL. So unlike path of exile(where it's always online and data is server side) , you cant easily add space. As everything has to be custom made and tested to make sure you don't crash due to running out of memory by opening the menu at any point (backpack space won't get expanded due to this, but bank space would be more manageable). Hell, it took destiny 2 8 months just to increase space by 100 and they have more shit to store.

Im sure everyone will come back except axton
Diablo 3 has like 400 slots +60 inventory space per character and isn't always online

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Ok something is up with offline loottink farming I'm at jackobs estate and in addition to the always spawning loot tink sometimes I'll get 2-3 more spawning. This is great.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
How the heck can I farm loot skulls? I've ran Haunt almost 10 times, and finished all but 4 challenges, but only found 4 loot skulls. I found two others but they spawned behind me and just hit me, stupid thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I dont know what to do at this point. I'm running at a full bank and 34 slots taken on my Zane. If I get 6 more unique legendaries I have to stop playing until its increased.

I have 8 characters and 6 of them are almost full. I literally made 4 alts just for storage. There is way too much variation of gear to limit myself to less than 300 slots. Hell Destiny 2 gives you 500 shared bank space. Probably should have made the game online only so it could be saved server side.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So still trying to hit 50 in the post game, currently at 46 and a half. Been doing co-op Graveward at Mayhem III and only getting around 36k exp a kill which is just over a quarter a bar per kill. Is this really the fastest way to hit 50? I didn't want to do Circle of Slaughter or Eridian Proving Grounds until 50.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
So still trying to hit 50 in the post game, currently at 46 and a half. Been doing co-op Graveward at Mayhem III and only getting around 36k exp a kill which is just over a quarter a bar per kill. Is this really the fastest way to hit 50? I didn't want to do Circle of Slaughter or Eridian Proving Grounds until 50.
Offline Graveward mayhem 3 is probably the fastest. I get something like 242,000xp per kill, and I can kill it in under 15 seconds depending on the modifiers.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, whats the rewards for doing the optional objectives in the Circles of Slaughter? Just had Cistern bug out on me at the very end and I did all the optional objectives, don't want to do all that again if they only give you cash/exp.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
BUG FIXES
  • Addressed reported collision issues in various maps
  • Raised the Eridian chest out of the dirt near The Terradome
  • Made a modification to prevent certain players from escaping out of the Slaughter Shaft
  • Addressed a potential progression blocker for " Footsteps of Giants " mission when fast traveling to a vehicle
  • Removed an incorrect text description for the Legendary Sniper Rifle Stalker
  • No change has been made to the gameplay of the gun, only the text has been removed.
  • Addressed a potential progression blocker during the " On the BloodPath " mission
  • Addressed a reported concern that Emperor Spiderants were causing the screen to shake infinitely
  • Addressed a reported concern where Rachael the Anointed's beam attack was not properly visible on all settings
  • Addressed a reported concern that Troy was not spawning with his pistol
  • Fixed a typo on mission text for " Blood Harvest: The Rebloodening "
WEAPON FIXES
Tediore E-Tech Shotguns were set to the wrong value and were corrected, resulting in a damage increase for all Tediore E-Tech Shotguns.

• Tediore E-Tech Shotgun Damage increased by 50%
BLOODY HARVEST – HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
As you play Borderlands 3 today, you'll notice it's even spookier! Haunted enemies are everywhere!

• For TODAY, October 31 ONLY – You will see a drastic increase in the number of Haunted enemies!
It's a great day to work on those Bloody Harvest challenges, Vault Hunters! After today, the rates will go back to their normal values. In the coming weeks, you will start seeing more standard Anointments on your gear as the spooky season begins to fade from Borderlands 3.

ANNIVERSARY EVENT
We hope you all enjoyed the Mayhem on Twitch

Anniversary event! After listening to community feedback during the event, we are making two changes to Mayhem Mode:

• The chance of receiving a weapon penalty as a Mayhem modifier will continue to be reduced at the same rate as the Mayhem on Twitch Week.
  • The drop rate for Anointed gear has been increased.
MARKING GEAR AS TRASH/FAVORITE ON PS4
After downloading last week's patch, some players on PS4 reported that they were unable to mark their guns as trash or favorite while in the inventory menu. We are working on fix for this and intend to implement it in the next patch.

TURNING OFF GUARDIAN RANK
We have heard that some of you would like the option to turn off Guardian Rank. We're currently looking into how that can be achieved and intend to be able to provide more information in the future!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate how responsive and active they are so far.
I agree....but the marking items as junk bug is annoying as hell, lol.

Could you sell all junk items all at once in previous games? Because I never used the junk feature before, or the favorite. I saw no need to.

I'm using both alot in 3.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I agree....but the marking items as junk bug is annoying as hell, lol.

Could you sell all junk items all at once in previous games? Because I never used the junk feature before, or the favorite. I saw no need to.

I'm using both alot in 3.
Agreed!

I think it existed in 2 for sure and was maybe patched into 1? Yeah I use it constantly, after every encounter I go into my backpack and label everything. I can't remember using it in the old games too.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I cant play that much today lol...there were already enough haunted enemies and ghosts I can imagine how many more there are now today

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with the event specific legendary challenge? I have beaten Haunt 25 times and farmed Cistern of Slaughter a ton with a lvl 50 character and gotten zero BH legendaries. With a different character that I played very little with I got 4 (ghast call x2 and fearmonger x 2), but I don't want to have to farm Haunt with the other character. Is this just bad RNG luck?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I have one ghast call and one fearmonger for all my farming so far and both have come from badass ghosts and not haunt himself.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to get the junk button fixed this week. Its quicker using a pen and paper and write down what to junk than using the vending machines.

I missed the increased rate as I just read about it with an hour before Halloween ends.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, this is frustrating... 3 legendaries dropped on the ground while fighting enemies, I didn't loot them immediately because I wanted to kill everybody first... then my game freeze. Relaunch the game, and the 3 legendaries aren't even in the lost loot box.

These random freezes have been happening infrequently, but enough to be very annoying. Not sure what to do outside of maybe updating my nvidia drivers, which I haven't done since early September.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How is the bug where you spawn in Iron Bear and then immediately exit still a thing

Happened 4 times to me in one zone

Khilandros

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How is the bug where you spawn in Iron Bear and then immediately exit still a thing

Happened 4 times to me in one zone
It isn't a bug, it is Iron Bear telling you to fight on while it lies there all broken,etc from battle (a very short lived battle). Maybe one day it shall fight again and carry you to victory, we can only hope that time will be soon.

Man, I really hope they do something worthwhile for Iron Bear whenever they fix it (scale damage,etc).

Jan 10, 2018
Was there a stealth nerf to Moze in the Halloween patch? I run the 1HP build and since I installed it I get significantly less healing from my grenades and the ammo refunded when doing splash damage is non-existent. I know the damage from the Hex was nerfed but the healing isn't proportional to damage dealt, it's just whenever you do any damage, and it's the same with any grenade mod I use. The patch notes don't mention any changes to these skills in particular.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, yeah... don't try to do Heck as a fresh lvl 9-10 who just reached Promethea... You'll end up against lvl 13-14 enemies and make Captain Haunt feels like 10-15 mins raid boss since you have shitty lvl 7-10 gear with barely any talents, no class mod and no artifact.

Oct 25, 2017
This community so dead on Era. The discord is a joke.

Was there a stealth nerf to Moze in the Halloween patch? I run the 1HP build and since I installed it I get significantly less healing from my grenades and the ammo refunded when doing splash damage is non-existent. I know the damage from the Hex was nerfed but the healing isn't proportional to damage dealt, it's just whenever you do any damage, and it's the same with any grenade mod I use. The patch notes don't mention any changes to these skills in particular.

Yes those grenades do much less healing now. Find another build and hope they revert the changes somewhat. Moze tanking ability is shit now.

I just hoping they leave Amara alone. She hasn't been nerfed once and is definitely the best all-around class now.

So, yeah... don't try to do Heck as a fresh lvl 9-10 who just reached Promethea... You'll end up against lvl 13-14 enemies and make Captain Haunt feels like 10-15 mins raid boss since you have shitty lvl 7-10 gear with barely any talents, no class mod and no artifact.

That's a waste of time any way. Wait until you hit 50.

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
As stated before by other people earlier in the thread, the toxicity displayed by some members in this OT dissuades a good chunk of people from posting.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't get up the desire to play this game with my bank space so full. It's a real shame as I enjoy the game, but it feels like I'm having to sell guns I might want to play with later on.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man I can't get up the desire to play this game with my bank space so full. It's a real shame as I enjoy the game, but it feels like I'm having to sell guns I might want to play with later on.
I feel ya, such a big oversight. I'm glad they're fixing it but there was no way they didn't know this would suck. You don't even need testers to tell you that having such a small bank would create issues in a loot game with millions of gun combos aswell as uniques/legendary guns.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Is the item score an important stat? I have a legendary gun I really love (Maggie) and that make some good damage but it's level 521 and I have some guns that are 570+. Do I need to change it to progress damage wise or can I continue to use it? I don't really understand item score because to me it seems more powerful than higher level guns.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Is the item score an important stat? I have a legendary gun I really love (Maggie) and that make some good damage but it's level 521 and I have some guns that are 570+. Do I need to change it to progress damage wise or can I continue to use it? I don't really understand item score because to me it seems more powerful than higher level guns.
Honestly, I don't think it matters beyond giving you a general idea of how good it is. I've got some 500ish stuff that outperforms everything at 550 and above I have.

I feel like it's just there to give you a general idea or it's maybe broke.

Edit it'll probably depend on your build and playstyle too.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Agree with the post above. It's IMO a general thing.

Like I just got rid of a legendary laser handgun that was fire elemental, lvl 17. I just got to lvl 32. It took down health so fast I had no reason to sell it.

Replaced it with a laser smg that just had better damage. Handgun was 15, smg is 24 or 25. I think the score helps when selling too. Like looking for, remembering the score number you want to sell. I do it that way while the junk item thing is broke.