• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I really wish you could opt out of the halloween event...the haunted enemies and the ghosts are just annoying to deal with after a while. Plus getting that spook debuff makes such a loud noise on a headset...guess I'll wait til its over so I can play some more.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
EGS players! Friend was lamenting to me tonight about his game saying his local save and cloud save weren't in sync. He took the cloud save b/c his local had been reformatted due to Windows getting messed up. When he loaded his game his vault was empty. Not exactly sure what that was, but he has a lvl 40 character and he has no money in the game now. Take care of those cloud saves!

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I really wish there was a faster way to level alt characters (like there is in Diablo 3) in BL3. I forgot how tedius it is to just grind levels when you've seen it all before.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
There is a shift code for another key

WHW3B-WHFZT-ZWTW5-JBJJT-RZZSH

I am taking a break until after the Halloween event and they fix the junk option on PS4.

I have to do my victory lap for the Claptrap parts and the other collectables but that can wait.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I really wish you could opt out of the halloween event...the haunted enemies and the ghosts are just annoying to deal with after a while. Plus getting that spook debuff makes such a loud noise on a headset...guess I'll wait til its over so I can play some more.
Or the fact that a good chunk of the anointed rolls are Terror stuff which I'm not interested in at all.

The Maliwan raid is gonna launch before it's over which will be interesting.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
I thought this was interesting; someone's been archiving the hotfix patch data. Not exactly readable for civilians, but if you're interested in how games are managed or want to try to reverse engineer some stuff, see https://github.com/BLCM/bl3hotfixes

Folks who don't like the Bloody Harvest event are in for a long wait; it's scheduled to run another month! That seems like a long time to me.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Doing my first playthrough and the ghosts do add an unpredictable degree of difficulty to it. Just getting my shields demolished. The faster my group murders enemies, the more likely we are to get downed.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Community reaching whole new levels of clown shoes using code they don't understand to shit on gearbox

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm finally getting around to playing this with a buddy. I'm level 30 playing as the siren.

We've been trying to beat the slaughter missions.

So far we've beaten Cistern of Slaughter

now we are trying Slaughterstar 3000 but we are getting our asses handed to us. Could someone recommend me a good siren build.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really have no urge to kill haunt 8 more times. Also debating about playing offline or taking a break until this event is over as ghosts and terror have outlived their novelty.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, this event didn't need to last over a month, especially all of November and a few days of December. I mean, Halloween is over now, no one cares about skulls and pumpkins anymore and they'll care even less in a few weeks. 3 weeks in October would have been enough.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Killing Haunt 25 times is definitely a lot. I'm at 12 or 13 times and the only other challenge I need to complete is a getting a couple more loot ghosts.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I've started a new character as a loot mule, but anyone know how many missions I need to hit to unlock the safe on Sanctuary III? Seems to be taking forever.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I don't know if I can do all the Bloody Harvest challenges in time. I know there is a lot of time left to do it, but some are hard. Like the 100 cryo kills. I have the feeling I'm doing very few damage with the cryo weapons I have.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why is the BL3 community so dead on here? It never really took off.
What is there to discuss now though other than when hotfixes and patches happens(which is mostly people whining about their favorite gun getting nerfed).
Unless there is new content, people aren't gonna talk about the campaign over and over and there is a limit to how much "wow this legendary gun I just got is so badass" we can write before it get repetitive.

Oct 25, 2017
What is there to discuss now though other than when hotfixes and patches happens(which is mostly people whining about their favorite gun getting nerfed).
Unless there is new content, people aren't gonna talk about the campaign over and over and there is a limit to how much "wow this legendary gun I just got is so badass" we can write before it get repetitive.

Doesn't stop the Destiny thread from going? The Discord is dead too and always was. Thought it would be good for LFG.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I can do all the Bloody Harvest challenges in time. I know there is a lot of time left to do it, but some are hard. Like the 100 cryo kills. I have the feeling I'm doing very few damage with the cryo weapons I have.

Me too, then I got lucky and had a cryo laser-sploder drop, the cryo night hawkin I have wasn't triggering the kills as well.

Also I only used it in the ratch section as those are the easiest to cryo kill

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
The cryo Night Hawkin actually is cryo during the day, and fire during the night missions. Heck is always night.

I could only trigger a cryo kill with Amara if I was not using her Action Skills (I was not about to respec every time I went to Heck). It took a bit longer to get through the first part, but once I dropped down I continued to use Action Skills. I am only at 23/25 Captain Haunt kills while my Cryo kills is long finished.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Find a good cryo weapon and pair it with a shock grenade to rip shields off enemies and you can get some work done. Do a run right up to but not including Captain Haunt, rinse, repeat.

Also have a spare non-cryo weapon for taking out ghosts as the damn things are cryo resistant, which is what makes the challenge so annoying.

I did this and had most of it done in 3 dedicated runs.

Oct 27, 2017
Still grinding through the bloody harvest. Only have 3 left. Two of which i can do anywhere (kill loot ghosts, kill haunted badasses) and i still have to kill traunt 21 more times and while get the 25 ghosts to get back into heck isn't terrible difficult, it's still annoying as hell.

Would have preferred the event lasted 2 weeks if it meant we had a more decent grind or more reason to actually want to go through the content

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
While hanging out in the Cistern of Slaughter yesterday (after I beat it) I noticed this odd decal on the wall. Five arrows and an X arranged in a rectangle. It looks like something projected on the wall (there's graffiti painted on the wall), and it's animated; at some point it turns into the red text "Danger" and then a picture of a mushroom cloud. But this part, it looks a bit like an input code. Any idea if it means something?

WBC4BAk.jpg

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten 2 non element and 1 fire handsome jackhammer, but I need a lightning one for my moze build

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that they accidentally revealed why patches take so long. Having to go through their publisher's QA team and sony's QA team is rough.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I finished all my Bloody Harvest challenges, 15/15. The only two I had to consciously work on was killing with cryo (can be more difficult with Amara Action Skills being active - and discovering that my favourite cryo weapon is fire at night), and killing Captain Haunt with an annointed terror weapon (not difficult but none of these weapons are in my regular load out). Everything else just happened - the door puzzle was opened by a teammate the first time through, and I was told how he did it in passing. All runs after that I was very careful fighting in that room so not to destroy any of the "clues".

After completing a regular mission or a slaughter run, I would follow it up with a run through Heck. Worked out to almost once a day for me (and doubling or tripling up on weekend game sessions). I did do three Heck runs last night with weremichael to finish it up.

I found the drop rates on the four new Bloody Harvest Legendaries to be less than generous. Doing all the above netted me two Ghast grenades (same ordinary variant), and one event Shotgun. The other two Bloody Harvest Legendaries were never seen.

I am impressed with this free content. I loved the boss mechanic, the simple puzzle, and the killing of ghosts to get there. While many seem to complain about everything being more difficult with ghosts flying everywhere, I do enjoy the additional challenge. I have finished TVHM on Mayhem 2. The flying ghost add just enough to keep me on my toes. And Captain Haunt is straight out of Scooby Doo. That alone was a huge win for me.

If this precursor is anything to go by, the first DLC is going to be outstanding.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
The only challenge I don't like is 25 Haunt kills. I think 10 or 15 would have been more than enough.

This is mostly due to the 25 hecktoplasm requirement though. They could have made this a one time thing and 25 kills would have been fine.

Oct 27, 2017
The only challenge I don't like is 25 Haunt kills. I think 10 or 15 would have been more than enough.

This is mostly due to the 25 hecktoplasm requirement though. They could have made this a one time thing and 25 kills would have been fine.
Yeah it's super stupid. At this point i just turned off mayhem mode and just try to run through killing everything as quick as possible.

I got a ghost call grenade which is cool and i got a haunted sniper rifle that i don't really care for but it's what i used to kill haunt and complete that challenge. I think there's a haunted shotgun you can get but i'm honestly not even interested

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I think I accidentally sold the sniper but I have the ghast call, fearmonger, and the shield "silent scream I think its called "

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I understand people's frustrations with the ghost mechanic but 1) they provide an easy Second Wind kill 2) getting hit a couple times and then throwing a Ghast grenade. Watch 10 friendly ghosts destroy your target and then look for more targets.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I still like is Badass ghosts seem to drop legendary way more often then loot ghosts

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the campaign and am level 50, mopping up side quests. Want to farm legendaries, really hoping for Rowans Call.

To farm Graveward, do I need to start TVHM and get to him in story mode or does he reappear as a boss if I just go back to his area now?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
To farm Graveward, do I need to start TVHM and get to him in story mode or does he reappear as a boss if I just go back to his area now?
You can immediately go back to farm any boss in Normal mode although I do recommend activating Mayhem levels. Once TVHM is completed, you can farm in that mode.

Graveward is quite simple with the Lyuda awarded for killing all of Zero's targets. If you have not completed this yet, do it now and get a level 50 Lyuda and then farm Graveward.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
You can immediately go back to farm any boss in Normal mode although I do recommend activating Mayhem levels. Once TVHM is completed, you can farm in that mode.

Graveward is quite simple with the Lyuda awarded for killing all of Zero's targets. If you have not completed this yet, do it now and get a level 50 Lyuda and then farm Graveward.

great thx. much appreciated. And I have a Lynda. I have been toying with Mayhem level 3 in Normal while finishing side quests. The elemental damage reduction and anointed enemies suck a bit and loot drops have only been ok.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

It's honestly absurd how they thought 25 would be a good goal.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly absurd how they thought 25 would be a good goal.
It pisses me off that I have one VH with 25 Haunt kills, but no event legendary drops and one with like 2 Haunt kills and 4 event legendary drops. I want to get one or the other to 15, but don't know which to do it with at this point as RNG has fucked me hard so far.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It pisses me off that I have one VH with 25 Haunt kills, but no event legendary drops and one with like 2 Haunt kills and 4 event legendary drops. I want to get one or the other to 15, but don't know which to do it with at this point as RNG has fucked me hard so far.
That's another thing. Why is event progress character specific when all 4 unlocks are account wide

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Speaking of drop rate for the event, this should make the challenges, especially the 25 Haunt kills, much faster to reach:

BLOODY HARVEST ADJUSTMENTS
Captain Haunt is a fun boss fight with multiple phases, but players were often skipping entire phases because Captain Haunt's shields were so low. We increased his shields to make the fight slightly more engaging for most players and dramatically increased the loot drop chance, so players are compensated nicely for defeating Captain Haunt.

• Increased Captain Haunt's chance to drop legendary gear
  • Increased Captain Haunt's shields
  • The Hecktoplasm drop rate from Ghosts has been increased
    - Ghosts drop 2 Hecktoplasm
    - Badass Ghosts drop 3 Hecktoplasm
    - Loot Ghosts drop 5 Hecktoplasm
  • Loot Ghosts now drop more loot
  • Loot Ghosts have an increased the chance of dropping Bloody Harvest specific legendary gear