• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
These are all good adjustments.

Especially the badass enemies. Try being in ffyl on mayhem 3 with multiple badass enemies. Cant see shit on the screen.

Oct 27, 2017
The increased hectoplasm drops is a god tier change.

You can get all 25 in the starting area of voracious canopy.

I had mayhem mode off and a loot ghost dropped the halloween shotgun but it's level 30 :(

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, yikes, we still waiting for that performance patch?? All I want is a stable 60 fps. Fuck. Being unable to get that even on Very Low everything with the decent rig I have is lame AF.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Have they said if they're looking at a reason for cash at endgame? Bc right now it's useless even with the slots.

Big Special

Nov 7, 2019
Oregon
So who else here was disappointed to not see S&S Munitions represented in BL3? They were my go-to brand for all of my Roland builds in the first game and have since been my favorite out of all of them. Someday they'll return...

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Well haunt was still easy but he dropped a ghast call and a fearmonger my first kill of him after they increased his droprate.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finding haunts drop rates to be shitty for me at the moment. Maybe I'm spoiled from all the other boss farming but I can go all the way through heck 2 or 3 times and not get a single legendary and even when I do it's a regular legendary that's just anointed with a terror stat.

This is playing on mayhem 3 with increased luck from my guardian ranks as well as an equipped artifact that "substantially increases luck"

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm finding haunts drop rates to be shitty for me at the moment. Maybe I'm spoiled from all the other boss farming but I can go all the way through heck 2 or 3 times and not get a single legendary and even when I do it's a regular legendary that's just anointed with a terror stat.

This is playing on mayhem 3 with increased luck from my guardian ranks as well as an equipped artifact that "substantially increases luck"
On mayhem 3 last night one of my kills against him gave me 4 legendaries and the next gave me 0.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Holy shit, I am sick of these fucking ghosts. Just let me play the goddamn game.

Whoever decided that the event should just affect every aspect of the game is a nut. If you're going to do events that change the mechanics of the normal game, either make the event shorter or wall it off into specific areas or something. 90% of the enemies now have ghosts, so I'm spending half my time swatting flies. This sucks.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit, I am sick of these fucking ghosts. Just let me play the goddamn game.

Whoever decided that the event should just affect every aspect of the game is a nut. If you're going to do events that change the mechanics of the normal game, either make the event shorter or wall it off into specific areas or something. 90% of the enemies now have ghosts, so I'm spending half my time swatting flies. This sucks.
Yep

They made a good step forward with ghosts dropping more ectoplasm and reduced the chances of terrified annointments dropping from non-ghosts but it's still whack

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
If the ghosts would only show up in Heck and when you have Maurice's quest, I guess it wouldn't be so bad.
That would be perfect actually

Also I love this gun solely bc of the reload animation. It also does fire and a little shock damage with each trigger pull

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Is it just me or is there just not a lot of music in the game? Im not far into the game yet but this keeps bugging me. Walking around in total silence is pretty boring. I think the older games had at least some ambient pieces playing

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is there just not a lot of music in the game? Im not far into the game yet but this keeps bugging me. Walking around in total silence is pretty boring. I think the older games had at least some ambient pieces playing
The only way to enjoy this game is with a podcast in the background.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Had this game a while and been playing it off and on. Feel like I've put probably 15 hours into it so I went to a walkthrough to see how far I am. I'm on mission 8 of 23! Makes me want to not bother.

I know people say to just mainline the main story but I'm dying a lot. Feels like I need to spend time leveling. So frustrating to die several times in the same place and just lose money.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017

Take your system offline then load the game, go back online once your play is loaded up. The event will be disabled until you go back to the main menu.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Had this game a while and been playing it off and on. Feel like I've put probably 15 hours into it so I went to a walkthrough to see how far I am. I'm on mission 8 of 23! Makes me want to not bother.

I know people say to just mainline the main story but I'm dying a lot. Feels like I need to spend time leveling. So frustrating to die several times in the same place and just lose money.
Are you dying a lot because the ghosts are ripping off your shields? I know they've made the game much harder in general.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like most I have been frustrated by the lack of bank space. What I found a bit helpful is organizing my mules so that one will have pistols and shields, one will have assault rifles and SMG, and the other will have snipers and shotguns. That makes it easier to find duplicate/inferior versions of items to sell and also makes it easier to find things. It took a bit of time to set up (30 minutes or so), but now I feel better about knowing what I have and in total I think I was able to sell about 25 legendaries based on that.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I have no mules, would I like some guns in every element...maybe. but really each characters only has 1 or 2 viable builds for mayhem 3 and only a certain subset of weapons work for those builds. For now I'm not stressing about bank.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
B1 and 2 were the same way. The series has always had really poor music/audio design in general.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Like most I have been frustrated by the lack of bank space. What I found a bit helpful is organizing my mules so that one will have pistols and shields, one will have assault rifles and SMG, and the other will have snipers and shotguns. That makes it easier to find duplicate/inferior versions of items to sell and also makes it easier to find things. It took a bit of time to set up (30 minutes or so), but now I feel better about knowing what I have and in total I think I was able to sell about 25 legendaries based on that.
Ugh I should do that

I wish getting to sanctuary didn't take so long

Do you leave the bank itself open like 10 slots so there are easier transfers or what

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I have no mules, would I like some guns in every element...maybe. but really each characters only has 1 or 2 viable builds for mayhem 3 and only a certain subset of weapons work for those builds. For now I'm not stressing about bank.
A lot can happen with patches both to the characters and the guns

Plus there aren't even raid bosses in the game yet

B1 and 2 were the same way. The series has always had really poor music
Blasphemy

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I should do that

I wish getting to sanctuary didn't take so long

Do you leave the bank itself open like 10 slots so there are easier transfers or what
Not really, although that would have been smarter. I switched a few times to rearrange things. On the plus side, I found that skipping all side missions makes it relatively fast to get to Sanctuary and then the bank and mailed items make it easy to buy backpack space.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's some good music in BL3, especially in Promethea.
The problem is that even at 100, the music volume is too low to hear it with the constant sound effects and dialogue going on. I have to lower them to something like 40 to be able to hear the music most of the time.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Take your system offline then load the game, go back online once your play is loaded up. The event will be disabled until you go back to the main menu.
I was just coming in to ask about this since grinding a new character to get an under leveled sellout has been a major pain in the ass thanks to the ghosts. Thanks.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is melee Amara worth it? I'm still lvling her, but even with "Find your Center" and "Illuminated Fist", it still feels like I do more damage with a gun and that I should focus somewhere else instead like elemental damage.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Is melee Amara worth it? I'm still lvling her, but even with "Find your Center" and "Illuminated Fist", it still feels like I do more damage with a gun and that I should focus somewhere else instead like elemental damage.
It destroys later with the right build and gear

especially if you get a face puncher, that shit annihilates everything

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017