• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Any performance improvements on the pro? Perf and quality. Also hows the menus feel

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty meaty update, and it's nice to see all of the buffs too for Zane and Iron Bear.

I need to get back to the game, but I've just been busy with other things.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Love to hear about PC performance improvements for anyone who's tried it since the patch hit.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the new hotness for FL4K? I crutched hard on the crit build but that seems to have gotten clapped down. Is there a decent build out there to work with now?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to all my Graveward farming, I had enough cash to buy all the bank DSU's w/ 34million left over.

Sweet, sweet, vault space. I offloaded my mules and I'm already at 110 slots used.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Omg lol a pug I'm in on normal just wiped to valkyrie squad

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm eagerly awaiting to see bahroo and co. break the raid bc right now it's definitely the hardest thing in the game

Also I think there should be a final respawn point right before the final boss

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
That raid boss was something else on M4. I barely managed to kill it with Tediore Moze. I got a bit lucky with second winds and still almost died to the second half.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
More vending machines at Athenas? Yess!!! Actually all of these are good. I backtracked at probably all of them too many times.
  • Athenas
  • Atlas HQ
  • Lectra City
  • Jakobs Estate
  • Voracious Canopy
  • Tazendeer Ruins
  • The Pyre of Stars
Target Dummy

Players can take out their aggression, or test their gear, on a Handsome Jack target inside the shooting range on Sanctuary III.

Yes, finally.

I see some glitches got fixed, I never got a chance to use them, lol. I didn't know they existed tbh.

PS4 junk item fixed, sorting by rarity, I did see the items showing the wrong icon, thought it was just me moving too fast.

Can't wait to jump back in. I just beat the game with FL4K, playing on Mayhem 1 now. I'll probably switch back to Moze, she's near the end I think, and finish the game with her too.

Between this and Death Stranding I don't wanna play anything else, lol. Both addictive in their own way.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That raid boss was something else on M4. I barely managed to kill it with Tediore Moze. I got a bit lucky with second winds and still almost died to the second half.
You managed to kill it? I couldn't get it done after 2 tries on normal no mayhem with 4 players lol.

Moze seems the best because she's the most survivable but once the phase hits where he has two shield rings... game over

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
You managed to kill it? I couldn't get it done after 2 tries on normal no mayhem with 4 players lol.

Moze seems the best because she's the most survivable but once the phase hits where he has two shield rings... game over
Yeah, I soloed it. I was using a Transformer with a shock Tediore homing MIRV shotgun, and got more ammo with a cutpurse relic and Facepuncher. I ran through the outer shield, kept pressing against the inner one, and threw the reloads a little in front of my feet. I was constantly full healing myself despite being in the bosses face. I had difficulty after the shields went down, but that's where I got lucky with Second Winds.

It took me two tries on the boss, but Joltzdude failed something like 4 times with basically the same build. Once they split, there's almost too much to dodge.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
Performance for me feels a little better on DX11, SpoonyBob. I have a big PC and a GTX 1080 Ti. Before in the menu I'd get 70 FPS, now I get 78. (at 3440x1440 resolution). Not a huge thing, but it's nice. On the other hand DX12 won't even launch, crashes as soon as I try to load into a map.

BTW if you want to boost performance, try turning Volumetric Fog down or off. It seems to have by far the biggest effect on framerate. I played without for a long time and didn't much miss it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I soloed it. I was using a Transformer with a shock Tediore homing MIRV shotgun, and got more ammo with a cutpurse relic and Facepuncher. I ran through the outer shield, kept pressing against the inner one, and threw the reloads a little in front of my feet. I was constantly full healing myself despite being in the bosses face. I had difficulty after the shields went down, but that's where I got lucky with Second Winds.

It took me two tries on the boss, but Joltzdude failed something like 4 times with basically the same build. Once they split, there's almost too much to dodge.
They... split?

Lord have mercy

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh my god I completely forgot theres a guardian perk that allows you to ADS during FFYL and I specced into it ages ago and never used it due to all the hours I put into the past 3 games ://

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
How is the new coop matchmaking? I assume all 4 players need to be at same mayhem level.

Do you respawn regularly or die and wait? And can teammmates revive you?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
For co-op it should be easy enough once people recognize the patterns. No novas like BL2 raid bosses thankfully
Good to hear, glad they hired someone who played recent mmos. Instead of undodgeable attacks poorly masked as gear checks
How is the new coop matchmaking? I assume all 4 players need to be at same mayhem level.

Do you respawn regularly or die and wait? And can teammmates revive you?
Its like destiny, no respawns only a couple checkpoints and dead people respawn there.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got Moze to 50 and found her to be amazing with Flakker and nade spamming. With the new patch, however, I realized that she's not really viable (at least with the gear I have) in M4 or in Maliwan't Takedown.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since a few weeks after launch, I have NO idea what's good or not now, nor did I when I stopped play lol. I've got like 75 hours into a Phasegrasp Amara, but my struggle when I stopped playing (as well as now) is that I had no idea what legendaries I should be shooting for and/or what's good or not. Borderlands games tend to have weapons/gear that are sometimes not super obvious what their true value is, and the bank was so small that I was just kinda wracked by indecision.

Is there any sort of good resource for this stuff? I know the new patch kinda messes all of this up since there's a lot of new stuff, but is there at least maybe a list of what's just outright awful that you'd never use? My main 4 guns are an Anointed Speeloadin Hellwalker, a shock Kaos AR, Tsunami SMG and a Star Helix (with no elemental) and I'm running luck/action skill cooldown artifact, a Breaker Class Mod (which is for melee which I'm not running, but it has an absolutely stupid +20% weapon damage and +24% shotgun damage mod on it), Firestorm grenade (which got nerfed since I last played) and a Re-Charger shield (I also have a Front Loader).

Basically I have no idea what I should be doing at this point. It looks like they at some point since I stopped playing also fixed not being able to activate Mayhem on a fresh TVHM game, is that actually worth it over Normal at 50? I never got a real clear answer on that IIRC.

Edit: Seems like there's a fair amount of new gear and a lot of anointed modifiers added with this patch, I do see a community effort on reddit to try to figure what the boss specific lootpools are though. I get the feeling I should maybe just come back in a week or something lol. I feel like I really missed the boat on keeping up with the game, I never did the Gravemind (sp) or any other boss farms, by the time I'd 100%'d a normal playthrough I was kinda tapped out and looking at people discuss loot on reddit I have no idea what like 90% of these guns even are.

Last edited:

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Huh, I don't see how I'll ever be able to do mayhem 4 with Zane. I can't even kill normal enemies with a pretty decent build and a night hawkin. Maybe it's time to try out a new character

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
After 5 days of play I finally got an artifact that boosts slide speed to drop :)

And it's 102%

Does that mean if I use it and spam slide I go faster than I would while sprinting?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck Wotan the Invincible can suck my ass.

We tried it with 2 rando's 3 times and wiped on him every time. Didn't even get him close dead, that shit is insane. Neither of us are slouches, we have cleared everything on M3 before this patch and have over a 100 guardian ranks, but god damn we stood almost no chance on Mayhem 1.

Might have to put this shit on regular just to beat it.

vix

Nov 18, 2017
Each one is aiming to be around 7-8 hours long.
I think the BL2 ones were the same price. Either that or 10 dollars

I checked my psn receipts and the season pass for Borderlands 2 was 30. Each individual DLC was 9.99 so you essentially got one for free. 50 just feels like a lot for DLC. I think each DLC back in the day was about the same amount of time to play through it too. I dunno, maybe I'm just burnt out on B3 at the moment. I've also been playing B3 alone and it's kind of boring alone. Maybe my backlog is piling up too much and I'm trying to convince myself not to buy the DLC because it'll just be another thing to add to the backlog list. :)

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I checked my psn receipts and the season pass for Borderlands 2 was 30. Each individual DLC was 9.99 so you essentially got one for free. 50 just feels like a lot for DLC. I think each DLC back in the day was about the same amount of time to play through it too. I dunno, maybe I'm just burnt out on B3 at the moment. I've also been playing B3 alone and it's kind of boring alone. Maybe my backlog is piling up too much and I'm trying to convince myself not to buy the DLC because it'll just be another thing to add to the backlog list. :)
Average dlc length in 2 was 3-4 hours with tina's being the highest at 5 hours and hammerlock's being the lowest at 2 hours. Each DLC in 3 will be twice the size of the average bl2 pack

Iron bear is now viable on mayhem 4, not sure about flak yet

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Holy fuck Wotan the Invincible can suck my ass.

We tried it with 2 rando's 3 times and wiped on him every time. Didn't even get him close dead, that shit is insane. Neither of us are slouches, we have cleared everything on M3 before this patch and have over a 100 guardian ranks, but god damn we stood almost no chance on Mayhem 1.

Might have to put this shit on regular just to beat it.
Joke's on you he's still insane on regular in 4p co-op

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
M4 is more spongey than anything in the past games.

Feels worse than trying to navigate UVHM in BL2 without slag

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
M4 is more spongey than anything in the past games.

Feels worse than trying to navigate UVHM in BL2 without slag
I like the comment that someone said M4 was pretty much just filler until mayhem 2.0. It's also seems to balanced for builds who can shit out near a million damage. Or maybe around the raid gear

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I like the comment that someone said M4 was pretty much just filler until mayhem 2.0. It's also seems to balanced for builds who can shit out near a million damage. Or maybe around the raid gear
I honestly think mayhem mods shouldn't be a thing and they should just follow the Diablo 3 model.

Mayhem 1 is like more enemy hp and shields with a little more badass enemies, Mayhem 2 is more enemy hp and shields with more badass enemies, Mayhem 3 is more enemy hp and shields with even more badass enemies and Mayhem 4 is the most enemy extra hp and shields with the most badass enemies.

I also think adding in a server browser would be a huge boost because I don't mins joining games that are 1 mayhem modifier away from me, I just want to play some co-op sometimes.

I had more people join me in the death throes of BL2 mp during questing than I have in BL3 at all times.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Like idk why they went from +100% hp and shields to +850% hp and shields with one mayhem level.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the "Raid" (Takedown) on Normal mode because I'm a pussy and just wanted to do it. That was actually pretty good content. I wound up soloing the final boss in the end when everyone died. My FL4K crit build was doin work with my Torgue shotty and Lucian's Call.

I'm not sure if there are any new guns involved but I got a couple legendary and a room decoration.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Whoever designed a rakk immune to cryo and phasegrasp pls stop

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Are guardian ranks bugged atm? My perk of reviving with full health and shields is no longer working.

(mayhem 1 and grinding Capt. Haunt)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Are guardian ranks bugged atm? My perk of reviving with full health and shields is no longer working.

(mayhem 1 and grinding Capt. Haunt)
Thought I might have been the only one, good to know I'm not.

Also the target dummy doesnt track status effect damage unfortunately.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also for some reason I thought going semi auto on dahl weapons may have given a slight damage boost per shot over burst fire and auto fire but that doesnt seem to be the case. Pretty much never going semi auto on them then, too much dps lost.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Just played for a bit with the Xbox gold free weekend. What I played so far in my One X was...awesome? I don't understand the hate this game got. Probably going to end up buying it now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Just played for a bit with the Xbox gold free weekend. What I played so far in my One X was...awesome? I don't understand the hate this game got. Probably going to end up buying it now.
Most of the hate was over the story which really dips at a few key points and technical/ui/QoL issues that have been mostly ironed out by now.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Another patch and they STILL haven't bothered to roll in hotfixes that fixes things like the Mayhem 3 900% XP bug so they work offline.
Apparently they added some weapon balance hotfixes to this update but why not add all of them or at least the ones that fix actual bugs?
I just don't get Gearbox reasoning for not bothering to add in all the hotfixes to regular patches.
Why support playing offline if you're not going to properly support it?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Another patch and they STILL haven't bothered to roll in hotfixes that fixes things like the Mayhem 3 900% XP bug so they work offline.
Apparently they added some weapon balance hotfixes to this update but why not add all of them or at least the ones that fix actual bugs?
I just don't get Gearbox reasoning for not bothering to add in all the hotfixes to regular patches.
Why support playing offline if you're not going to properly support it?
I honestly think they'd receive more shit if they did roll the balance changes into offline unfortunately.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
So I just got back into this game and am wondering where should I start farming the better weapons? I was playing on mayhem 3, did pretty much everything.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Average dlc length in 2 was 3-4 hours with tina's being the highest at 5 hours and hammerlock's being the lowest at 2 hours. Each DLC in 3 will be twice the size of the average bl2 pack

3-4 hours? I played BL2 a lot and these DLC were definitely twice as long as that(maybe more), unless you skipped sidequests and not kill every enemies in your path. It always took me a few days to complete each of them and I did all sidequests.