• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Vault Hunter are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Moze the Gunner

Votes: 403 20.9%
  • Amara the Siren

Votes: 504 26.1%
  • Zane the Operative

Votes: 360 18.6%
  • FL4K the Beastmaster

Votes: 664 34.4%

• Total voters

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Also for some reason I thought going semi auto on dahl weapons may have given a slight damage boost per shot over burst fire and auto fire but that doesnt seem to be the case. Pretty much never going semi auto on them then, too much dps lost.
I don't like Dahl weapons at all. For dps I stick with Vladof or Cov. Atlas or Hyperion too. The first 2 are my go to tho.

And AFAIK Dahl snipers are hard to use the scope with. One of the companies the scope it too wild when aiming. The sensitivity is too high.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got back into this game and am wondering where should I start farming the better weapons? I was playing on mayhem 3, did pretty much everything.

The recent update I think shuffled some things around so you might have to farm certain bosses for certain guns now. But Graveward boss is pretty easy to farm and you get some drops quickly.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I got the Nova Version 0.m shield from the takedown yesterday but still cant find out what it does properly yet until its online. From playing around it looks like an Amp shield as it makes all my guns glow at the end after a second or two recharge then fires a powerful shot.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Tried to do the boss with a random. He ended up giving me about 4 high end legendaries but even then once the boss gets to phase two it gets way too hard.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like performance overall has indeed imrpoved for me. Achieving a fairly stable 60 (with Unlimited FPS set, and RTSS to cap it at 60) on Medium settings, with a few adjustments (Mat Complexity down and Shadows up to High).

i5-6500, 16gb RAM, 2070 Super

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't like Dahl weapons at all. For dps I stick with Vladof or Cov. Atlas or Hyperion too. The first 2 are my go to tho.

And AFAIK Dahl snipers are hard to use the scope with. One of the companies the scope it too wild when aiming. The sensitivity is too high.
I like a lot of Dahl weapons, the Night Hawkins and Hellfire are pretty great to use.

My go-to rn as Phasezerker Amara is the Tediore Flamethrower (Elon musk legendary) that does 125% damage to badass, named and boss enemies after action skill end. It melts and it makes sure I'm always utilizing Personal Space.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I like a lot of Dahl weapons, the Night Hawkins and Hellfire are pretty great to use.

My go-to rn as Phasezerker Amara is the Tediore Flamethrower (Elon musk legendary) that does 125% damage to badass, named and boss enemies after action skill end. It melts and it makes sure I'm always utilizing Personal Space.
Yeah, I forgot guns are specific to the manufacture.

And Tediore is good to for dps. I think I have a legendary smh that on reload throws out a floating gun, as every reload adds ammo or makes it stronger? I never looked up what it does, red text is let me tell you about my best friend, lol. That was the lyrics of some tv show theme song.

Last edited:

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It feels like performance overall has indeed imrpoved for me. Achieving a fairly stable 60 (with Unlimited FPS set, and RTSS to cap it at 60) on Medium settings, with a few adjustments (Mat Complexity down and Shadows up to High).

i5-6500, 16gb RAM, 2070 Super
Medium settings with a 2070? I mean, surely it can do better considering that medium settings is what I use with my 970.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I forgot guns are specific to the manufacture.

And Tediore is good to for dps. I think I have a legendary smh that on reload throws out a floating gun, as every reload adds ammo or makes it stronger? I muddy looked up what it does, red text is let me tell you about my best friend, lol. That was the lyrics of some tv show theme song.
I have that as an annointed gun and it unfortunately sucks. The turret doesn't do nearly enough damage to justify having it out.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they fixed the the junk button. Pity there is a new bug where going through your inventory select shields or whatever and the image if the guns at the top of the list are still visible.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Medium settings with a 2070? I mean, surely it can do better considering that medium settings is what I use with my 970.

I didn't try higher yet, had to switch tracks and do something else.
I may not be able to sustain much higher (and I may even see sub-60 dips in intense combat even on medium) b/c of my CPU, which I understand is a bottleneck for me, even with this card.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Menu performance is definitely improved on a launch PS4. There are some weird quirks – the weapons menu takes longer to load, but is then fluid once loaded. The skill tree menu, which always chugged along, used to load semi-quickly solo, but take forever to load when in another persons game. It now acts like the latter even when solo.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Any tips for the firing range trophy? I don't have a dictator yet and even with a hanging Chadd I'm finding it near impossible.

It's the last trophy I have before the platinum (along with winning a duel which I'll get by just spamming duel invites in matchmaking games 😈)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for the firing range trophy? I don't have a dictator yet and even with a hanging Chadd I'm finding it near impossible.

It's the last trophy I have before the platinum (along with winning a duel which I'll get by just spamming duel invites in matchmaking games 😈)

Infinity makes it a joke if you got it. Took me a while to get it until I realized I had Infinity on me and I got it first try.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Bro I wanted my skag to look like a Bengal tiger/or other striped big cat and it just looks like he's wearing fucking PJs

PS_Messages_20191122_202601.jpg

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That bank space upgrade really does change everything. Now I don't feel forced to delete low lvl legendaries, or different element versions of the same gun, or just weaker legendaries that could get buffed eventually/could be more useful on a character I haven't maxed yet.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I guess now I'll actually spend money on bank space, lol. I'm a hoarder. I wanna keep guns on me that I think I need. When all I really use is about 3-4 at a time and about 7-8 overall.

Time to get back on and see where these extra vending machines are. I....hated....doing Athenas. That might be the worse before you get to the ending areas.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I guess now I'll actually spend money on bank space, lol. I'm a hoarder. I wanna keep guns on me that I think I need. When all I really use is about 3-4 at a time and about 7-8 overall.

Time to get back on and see where these extra vending machines are. I....hated....doing Athenas. That might be the worse before you get to the ending areas.
Athenas is only bad the first time through and even then the rest of the zone was amazing enough for me to forgive the lack of vending machines.

Also lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Decided I wanted a Maggie again after throwing away or passing on like a dozen of them throughout my time playing. Immediately got three from farming.

This gun is like attracted to me. And I don't blame it, I mean, look at me.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I found someone in a public game that must have had modded gear as they absolutely eviscerated the Maliwan Takedown on M4, I think. It was crazy.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Decided I wanted a Maggie again after throwing away or passing on like a dozen of them throughout my time playing. Immediately got three from farming.

This gun is like attracted to me. And I don't blame it, I mean, look at me.
I've gotten like 10 Butchers lol

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Looking around and hearing split screen performance is greatly improved. Seems like the patch was focused on that and menus performance wise. Menus now (mostly) have a slightly delayed first load, then quick load everytime after

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tonight:

Two Maggies
Another Brainstormer
Another Cutsman with phaseslam 300% (this one nasty)
Cloning Hex
Slide speed 102%

Whose dick did I suck in my previous life to earn this fortune.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Tonight:

Two Maggies
Another Brainstormer
Another Cutsman with phaseslam 300% (this one nasty)
Cloning Hex
Slide speed 102%

Whose dick did I suck in my previous life to earn this fortune.
I tried to go back to phaseslam after getting a Phasezerker mod and using phasecast but it just isn't the same. Also even harder to deal with flying enemies/distant enemies.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
oh man now that the bank space is in i should jump back in. Stopped for a bit while I played some Romancing Saga but damn

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Goddamn the patch is absolutely awesome. Took +20 fps in DX 12, its INSANELY SMOOTH now, zero stuttering even in the busiest scenes, it legit is Doom X Diablo now I love it so much

Also straight up solo'd the Takedown in m4, who wants some. All these new anointed perks ARE TASTY BRO

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Goddamn the patch is absolutely awesome. Took +20 fps in DX 12, its INSANELY SMOOTH now, zero stuttering even in the busiest scenes, it legit is Doom X Diablo now I love it so much

Also straight up solo'd the Takedown in m4, who wants some. All these new anointed perks ARE TASTY BRO
I should record some circle of slaughters with 90 fov on the base ps4 as elemental/phasecast amara.

Slideshow vibes

But I figured that would be the case at endgame, waiting on next gen backwards compatibility, it's still playable and better than BL2 was at endgame on last gen consoles where stuff could literally cause hard crashes

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got some Grenades with the Anointed perk "Throw a grenade and your weapon, grenade, and action skill damage goes up by 25% for 6 seconds"

Makes my Graveward farming much quicker, tag him with a bunch of Torgue stickies, reload - throw nade - and watch the damage chunk

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I got some Grenades with the Anointed perk "Throw a grenade and your weapon, grenade, and action skill damage goes up by 25% for 6 seconds"

Makes my Graveward farming much quicker, tag him with a bunch of Torgue stickies, reload - throw nade - and watch the damage chunk
Does it stack? Cause that would be fun

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Gearbox lets you save a couple loadouts for skill points, and also adds a way subtract/add skill points without doing full respecs. It's such a pain in the ass to hash everything out, implement it, and then there's a good chance you still figure out you'd like to switch a couple things around but have to start fresh.

I finally did my first respec on FL4K to something akin to the boss melter build, and it's great, but also seems significantly glassier than what I had organically put together on my playthrough. I'd love to just tweak and experiment with it, but what a damn chore going through the process over and over again.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I really hope Gearbox lets you save a couple loadouts for skill points, and also adds a way subtract/add skill points without doing full respecs. It's such a pain in the ass to hash everything out, implement it, and then there's a good chance you still figure out you'd like to switch a couple things around but have to start fresh.

I finally did my first respec on FL4K to something akin to the boss melter build, and it's great, but also seems significantly glassier than what I had organically put together on my playthrough. I'd love to just tweak and experiment with it, but what a damn chore going through the process over and over again.
That and a "sell all non favorites" option for the vending machine are my most requested QoL features at this stage

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Man I wish they'd let us start new characters at level 30 in TVHM. I really want to try someone other than Zane but the game is sooooooo long...

Oct 25, 2017
How so? Moze seems to be the best overall while FL4K can still be the best glass cannon class.

Amara has the easiest time with Mayhem 4. Moze is not as good. Fl4k Hell no. Have you seen her new class mod in action? Has a Moze even soloed the raid on M4 yet? Amara was first. Best glass cannon does not make for best class. Amara has great DPS without sacrificing survivability.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Amara has the easiest time with Mayhem 4. Moze is not as good. Fl4k Hell no. Have you seen her new class mod in action? Has a Moze even soloed the raid on M4 yet? Amara was first. Best glass cannon does not make for best class. Amara has great DPS without sacrificing survivability.
Naw I havent seen her new class mod yet cause mayhem 4 is way too tedious for me and I cant beat the raid even in normal co-op lol.

And yeah I thought a Moze was the first to solo clear the raid at m4?

And yeah no she's better than FL4K bc FL4K is just a glass cannon but I meant in terms of pure DPS they seem better.

Oct 25, 2017
Naw I havent seen her new class mod yet cause mayhem 4 is way too tedious for me and I cant beat the raid even in normal co-op lol.

And yeah I thought a Moze was the first to solo clear the raid at m4?

And yeah no she's better than FL4K bc FL4K is just a glass cannon but I meant in terms of pure DPS they seem better.

No Amara was first. Fl4k was 2nd. If you go to BL3 Reddit people are basically asking for her to be nerfed because they are jealous.